Community > Posts By > toxicpoizon

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 09:20 AM
Edited by toxicpoizon on Thu 01/10/13 09:21 AM

[
Now out of that remaining 10 percent I have to be able to discern if they are lying about themselves as well. Are their "enhancements" a lie to me or is that ok? Are their pics are accurate. Should I chance meeting with them? And how do I react if they are not who they have portrayed themselves to be? Especially when men have been faulted for not being to look past the physical - even if a woman has lied to him about it?

It was pointed out to me that I did have an age filter... oops my bad! it has been fixed!
To me... Regardless of what he/ she is attracted to ...tell the truth
Let them decide if you are what they want.

I'm attracted to tall men who are athletic... it doesn't mean that Ive never been out with or fell head over heels for a short one with a pot belly.

Let me decide.

That is fair and the way it should be. Preferences are fine. Preferences to me does not mean I can't say hi or be friends - it just lets me know that likelihood of anything more than that is slim.

Preferences to the point of complete exclusion are extreme and often lead to loneliness.

Preferences with possible exceptions on case by case basis - love Just let me know up front and let me decide. I can be friends with anyone. Anything more takes time. It will never happen if you lie right up front.

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 09:04 AM

First of all....this question is not for myself.

A friend of mine recently decided to try internet dating. But, she is very nervous about giving out her phone number when it comes time to talk on the phone because of what happened to me last year. I ended up having to change my phone number after giving it to someone. I think this is not that big of a deal considering I have been meeting both men and women online since 2008. One annoying person in 4 and a half years. No biggie.

So, have you ever had a problem after giving out your number and how long do you usually wait to give it out?

Yes I have had a few problems. One from a woman trying to find an ATM that looked like a man. The other from women who could not take we are not a match/fit for an answer. They were so desperate that any man would of worked for them, it just so happened I was the one at that moment.

I usually will step it down to to IM first, then go to number. If I am unsure I use a VOiP phone service that gives me a free #. It forwards to my phone so I can get calls and texts (just not pictures). I can block them on the computer and it is done.

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 08:33 AM

Ok Minglers... what do you think?
I had a date with a guy that I'd been talking with for about a week.
His profile says he is 5'7...brown hair..athletic build..and hazel eyes!
Profile pic shows a man in shape!
Ok.. I like my guys taller but Ill wear flats...he seems cool!

The hazel eyes were the only thing I had to match him to his picture! W T F? Really dude?
Im 5'4...so I wore flats...his head still came up to my eyes! He had more gray hair than brown !
Athletic ?.....about as athletic as I was when I was 6 months pregnant!
When I did not kiss him at the end of the night, he got pissed! How dare he get mad at me, HE lied!

Why do people do this? If you are looking for a pen pal..I say lie your a$$ off! But when you will clearly meet someday soon...WHY LIE??

Saying you are 115 lbs when you are 120 ok...saying you make $75K when you make $60K ok

But why a lie that gets you busted the second he or she sees you!!

Anyone care to shed light on this?

Just my thoughts teebee79 but I believe that some people - both guys and gals - believe that if they can just get one chance/date they can change the other person opinion. I believe that possibility is so small that it is far better to not push it. Others don't really believe they will meet anyone of substance so their online presence becomes more of an alter ego type personality. Either a reflection of what they were or what they aspire to be but perhaps not necessarily what they are right at this present moment.

I also think we are very careful with our descriptions. A man's concept of athletic (in general decent shape) and a woman's (smoking hot male model type) are two different things.laugh A BBW has come to mean everything from 5 pounds overweight to several pounds overweight, again depending on who is viewing it. To me if you are a size 12 you are not a BBW but I have seen many women describe themselves that way.slaphead

I tell the truth and if it means I remain relatively dateless, I am perfectly ok with that. I am at a stage in life that I want them to be attracted to me, not just settle for me because they are desperate to be in a relationship or have some need a man in their life issue that I don't have time to diffuse. I am short at 5'5". That means it gets automatically assumed and attached that all of the things associated with short men including insecurity, Napoleon complex, unable to protect a woman, penis size, sexually inadequate everything are included in that package. That comes from numerous females I have talked to over the years as to why they did not like to date short men. So when it comes to this I know why some men choose to lie about it. I won't, but I get it.

I am 48 (for a couple more days :banana: )- too old for some, not old enough for others - average body type, self employed and work hard, and give back to the community. That right there knocks out in my personal experience about 90 percent of the available female dating pool (including you teebee sad ) leaving 10 percent of women that might overlook or be attracted to those things you mention.

Now out of that remaining 10 percent I have to be able to discern if they are lying about themselves as well. Are their "enhancements" a lie to me or is that ok? Are their pics are accurate. Should I chance meeting with them? And how do I react if they are not who they have portrayed themselves to be? Especially when men have been faulted for not being to look past the physical - even if a woman has lied to him about it?

no photo
Thu 01/10/13 07:46 AM
Edited by toxicpoizon on Thu 01/10/13 07:46 AM
Let's see...

The talking on the phone in the middle of a date to another guy that it is obvious she used to be in relationship with. The tone of the conversation definitely lets you know it really ain't over and I was nothing more than a momentary interruption. But you said you were single. Check please. huh

The "U really need a woman, I need some help paying these bills" line. Good bye.explode

The I don't date short guys/nice guys/nerdy guys but I wanted to try something different. C'ya.frustrated rant

Best one - while out driving need to stop at a store. Uhm I will sit in the car. Why? I got warrants, but it is all a misunderstanding. Ok. Let's take you back home now.mad

***All reasons I probably only go on about 3 dates a year - ROFL.***

no photo
Wed 01/09/13 10:20 AM
Birthday coming up and nothing planned but work. tears

no photo
Tue 01/08/13 08:52 AM
If you always compare your present to your past, you will never have a future. Don't treat a man/woman like they are your ex or they will be your ex sooner than you think.

Trust has as much to do with you letting go the pain of past issues/people, as with the one you are with showing that he can be trusted. Patience, and wisdom will let you know in due time.

no photo
Tue 01/08/13 08:44 AM

Ive been on a few dating sites testing the waters. All of which have been free (to a point)
Ive gotten my share of responses...and Ive sent out a few kisses or winks ( actual emails..I hate kisses or winks)

Im a pretty tough cookie..if you aren't interested..I can take it, a simple ." sorry, Im not interested" works for me! He is forgotten as soon as I hit the "NEXT" button.

What bothers me are the ones who say nothing.
I know I know...I should take the hint and move on! I guess Im a glutton for punishment!

Does anyone else prefer a cordial "not interested" reply, rather than the sound of crickets?

i prefer a thanks but no thanks email or even just an acknowledgement that they read it. Sorry but I was just raised to have manners and to say please, thank you and no thank you is ingrained in me. I know we have the site function here , but to me that is not the same thing. I have figured if I e-mail a person and they don't respond I leave them alone.

Beyond the general manners response: Having been on social and dating sites for several years, what I have tried to understand that most women get slammed by emails. Some kind and sincere, others straight to the point, others are from straight scammers, and others extremely explicit. Somehow you have to make your e-mail stand out through all of that. Then you have to communicate with her in a manner that she appreciates and that varies woman to woman. What one meals by keeping it real, another one means something totally different. Then she has to have some level of interest in you to respond.

It is also difficult sometimes when the only e-mails you get are from scammers, to weed out the sincere people who really like what you said o your profile or what you sent to them via e-mail and want to know more about you. Or even perhaps eventually meet you. Keep aiming for your goals and keep believing!

no photo
Tue 01/08/13 08:20 AM
Edited by toxicpoizon on Tue 01/08/13 08:21 AM
Love an intelligent woman with varied interests. One who can talk about various subjects with ease.

no photo
Tue 01/08/13 06:57 AM
Welcome to Mingle! Hope you enjoy yourself here.:smile:

no photo
Sun 01/06/13 05:43 AM
Welcome to Mingle. Hope you find what and who you are looking for.:smile:

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 09:22 PM
January

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 03:49 PM
Tide

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 12:31 PM
Pancakes. Seriously wanting to smash a big stack right now. LOL.

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 11:12 AM
Edited by toxicpoizon on Sat 01/05/13 11:13 AM
This is a question more for the ladies that have posted. What kind of script do they use on you? I ask because once you recognize the scripts, it is very easy to not waste your time dealing with them.

Todays scammers were asking what kind of girl I was into and then wanted me to go watch their webcam. The others were using profiles here and then trying to go offsite. How they wanted a serious relationship and no jokes - but couldn't understand how them using a fake profile in several ways was not real? LOL.

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 10:53 AM
Phone conversation? Of course:banana:

have you ever had a night cap?

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 10:51 AM
Edited by toxicpoizon on Sat 01/05/13 10:51 AM
Rind

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 10:51 AM
They are out in force today, for real - rofl. Seven so far today. That is what I get for still being on vacation from work and online. frustrated

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 09:43 AM

Just report them...Really can get a tad annoying cluttering the forum with it. The unfortunate addition of a free social site like this is that you will have scammers, AOL has had scammers for years same with Yahoo, only difference is their social site is more based around their messenger.

Now think of how much of a clusterf* it would be if the scammers knew how to work the messenger.

True. Whenever they ask to go off site within the first message or two, you know right then you are more than likely dealing with a scammer. They want to go where they not only can not be traced as easily, but they don't want their profile on whatever site they are on cancelled out by having it reported.

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 09:40 AM
The sad thing is that is makes most men that much more skeptical of all the women on the site. When you have had four or five women try to scam you on one site you tend to be a little more skeptical when someone sends you a "hey your cute I think we should talk type" message. You want to know more before committing anything to them at all. Personally I hate it, but have learned this is the way of internet socializing and dating. Have to work around it.

no photo
Sat 01/05/13 09:13 AM
It just happens. Just had one try to get to me too. Profile says they were from Marietta Georgia. They really from Africa. Just the way these scammers work. They can also get pics from any social website, save the pic then upload it claiming it is them.