Community > Posts By > toxicpoizon

no photo
Thu 11/22/12 06:30 AM

Should ones imperfection be the deciding factor on how well you get to know someone, or should it be a deciding factor on how society sees them as a whole?
Well I remind you no 1 is perfect. I think having a brain that can hold an adult and stimulating conversation is more important to me. I use the word imperfection because , that is what my disability is to me. So tell me how You feel about me???? I have cerebral palsy and don't see it as a disability. I'm also the mother of 2 children.
Signed :How can you deal with me???

Conversation is a critical component of any relationship, whether it be a friendship or more. If they can't engage your brain, nothing else should ever engage. In no way should your your imperfection define you. They may have defined you with a disability, but don't define yourself by it. I have Aspergers or what some call HFA. But in no way does it define me. If anything it helped me to understand me better first, and in turn deal with how others dealt with me.

no photo
Thu 11/22/12 06:01 AM
Most women still want the man to pursue her, just the type of man she wants to pursue her. As a guy I don't believe in hitting my head against a brick wall. All I have heard in my life is the complaints of so many women who have had men pursue them that they were not interested in. So I figure if a women is not interested in me because I don't match her check off list (height, weight, etc) I don't pursue her. That leaves me in the friend zone more often than not, regardless of how I may feel about her. Because I would rather have her in my life as a friend than not at all.

no photo
Sun 11/18/12 08:43 PM
Hello and welcome to Mingle!

no photo
Sat 11/17/12 06:17 PM
Hello to you and welcome to Mingle!

no photo
Tue 11/13/12 07:58 AM
Welcome to Mingle to all the new people.:banana:

no photo
Sat 11/10/12 04:36 PM
Welcome to Mingle!

no photo
Fri 11/09/12 07:46 PM
Rare working weekend for me. So other than that no plans.

no photo
Fri 11/09/12 08:30 AM

Mine is nice but dangerous. Innocent until positive contact is made. The nice guy who is more than just nice guy once and if you get to know him as more than just a friend bigsmile

laugh

:banana: :banana: laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 11/08/12 10:29 PM
Welcome to you!

no photo
Thu 11/08/12 10:25 AM
Pringles. Cashews.

no photo
Wed 11/07/12 12:06 PM

Intelligence. Can't deal with someone who does not have it. Has to watch more than Honey Boo Boo or Basketball Wives.

Interests. You ought to be interested in something other than work or getting a man. Even though for many getting a man is work. :-)

Interested in me. This may sound petty but I don't want to be one of a number of potential men. I want her to genuinely want me. Not for security, not because she is lonely, not for a baby daddy (lol) not for sex - but to genuinely want me.

Secure. Another woman is only a threat if you allow her to be. Be the type of woman that your man tell other women I ain't interested I got somebody - even if you are just friends for now.

Don't punish me because of the wrongs some other guy did to her. Many relationships are destroyed because they think they see something that was not there. All men are not the same just like all women are not the same.

Confidence. That is very appealing and attractive to me. No matter the height, or weight, she should take care of herself and present herself well to all.

Have time/Make time. Life gets all of us busy, but if you can not make time to spend together, why bother? I will take off work, take a plane or whatever to spend time with someone who wants to spend time with me - even on a friend basis.

Has a good relationship with her kids if she has them. If she is always cussing them out, or every time we are on the phone she is yelling at them - not interested.

Takes care of her home. Whether a house or an apartment, in the suburbs or the hood if the house is tore up more than it is straightened up - pass.

Great sex. If this ever happens it should be so great that it keeps both of us coming back for more with each other.

After reading all that I can see why I don't have anybody now. Too much to ask for....lol.

YEAH; If you got wants like that then you got to give her, her wants as well and then. The reason why I say that is because if you go into the relationship expecting then she is going to go into the relationship expecting too. Now if you go looking for someone as a friend and develop into something more that is what I think is a good foundation to start on. Plus, unconditional love, like Jesus’ love for us, is the Best love of all!

You are right. I always have gone by the adage friends first, last, and always. Also since I am not looking for anything other than friends, it makes it a lot easier for me to be straight up honest with how I feel than to say the politically correct things. Sorry if I took a serious question and gave a serious answer.oops

no photo
Wed 11/07/12 11:15 AM
Mine is nice but dangerous. Innocent until positive contact is made. The nice guy who is more than just nice guy once and if you get to know him as more than just a friend bigsmile

no photo
Mon 11/05/12 10:23 PM
Welcome to all.

no photo
Mon 11/05/12 08:26 AM
Single

no photo
Mon 11/05/12 08:23 AM

I think if someone is looking for a relationship just because they're lonely and unhappy, it's a bad idea.

I agree. You don't need a relationship to complete you; you need one to complement you.

no photo
Mon 11/05/12 08:06 AM
waving flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 11/05/12 07:55 AM
Thanks you to all of you.

no photo
Mon 11/05/12 07:48 AM
Intelligence. Can't deal with someone who does not have it. Has to watch more than Honey Boo Boo or Basketball Wives.

Interests. You ought to be interested in something other than work or getting a man. Even though for many getting a man is work. :-)

Interested in me. This may sound petty but I don't want to be one of a number of potential men. I want her to genuinely want me. Not for security, not because she is lonely, not for a baby daddy (lol) not for sex - but to genuinely want me.

Secure. Another woman is only a threat if you allow her to be. Be the type of woman that your man tell other women I ain't interested I got somebody - even if you are just friends for now.

Don't punish me because of the wrongs some other guy did to her. Many relationships are destroyed because they think they see something that was not there. All men are not the same just like all women are not the same.

Confidence. That is very appealing and attractive to me. No matter the height, or weight, she should take care of herself and present herself well to all.

Have time/Make time. Life gets all of us busy, but if you can not make time to spend together, why bother? I will take off work, take a plane or whatever to spend time with someone who wants to spend time with me - even on a friend basis.

Has a good relationship with her kids if she has them. If she is always cussing them out, or every time we are on the phone she is yelling at them - not interested.

Takes care of her home. Whether a house or an apartment, in the suburbs or the hood if the house is tore up more than it is straightened up - pass.

Great sex. If this ever happens it should be so great that it keeps both of us coming back for more with each other.

After reading all that I can see why I don't have anybody now. Too much to ask for....lol.

no photo
Mon 11/05/12 06:05 AM
I am sure that like most dating type sites that there are scammers. I tend to do a picture check or e-mail check if they give me an e-mail. I also don't get overly excited over anything they say. Time is the best way to discover if they are real or not. Generally if they are rushing to meet, call or correspond off this site that is a huge red flag - proceed with extreme caution.

no photo
Mon 11/05/12 05:53 AM
For me personally it does not matter. If there is a connection than it don't matter. However I can say as a short man, I have been told more than I care to admit that I am not dateable for no other reason for my height.