Community > Posts By > Foliel

Foliel's photo
Fri 04/02/10 05:56 PM
Easter is also another Pagan Holiday that christianity usurped and made its own. It comes from the old english for Eastre, Eostre, or Eoaster. named for the Goddess Eostre of the anglo-saxan paganism.
It was a month of feasts in honor of the goddess.

Foliel's photo
Thu 04/01/10 03:04 PM
Edited by Foliel on Thu 04/01/10 03:05 PM
I do find it interesting that in a thread that specifically says you're a God, people keep thinking in the human mind.

The thread says "If you were God??" not "If you are a human that thinks they are god?"

What would you do IF you actually were a GOD???

Knowing me, i probly would have decided against creating humans lol i would have seen what would happen in the long and and said "Why bother they'll just kill themselves off"

Foliel's photo
Thu 04/01/10 12:43 AM
If I were God...

1st I would want to end this petty bickering and teach my children to be accepting of all people not just the ones that fit their idea of a human being...

2nd I would teach them that Love and understanding is the answer, not conversion and threats.

3rd Violence is not the answer and forcing people to live their lives a certain way cuz we want them to is not the right way.

4th They could choose to follow in my footsteps or make their own path and I would support them no matter what. Only if they did something truly bad would I step in and try to help them understand what it is that they have done.

I had something else to add but after re-reading what I typed, I saw that it could start an arguement and decided to not put it in.

Foliel's photo
Thu 04/01/10 12:32 AM
Homosexuality has existed for centuries, it wsnt really till christianity and the more modern religions like islam and such, that we tried to stop it. (Notice I did not single out christianity)

Before the newer religions came, people didn't care about men sleeping with men, in fact in greek history it was quite common.

I am gay, I feel just as normal as everyone else, I just happen to be attracted to men.

Foliel's photo
Wed 03/31/10 11:12 PM
is this still going on.....

the girl wished to take her girlfriend to the prom, big whoop. Let her...

I'm sure those of you who are straight and christian, would not have been told you can't bring your atheist bf to the prom. They wouldn't have canceled the prom due to a religious person wishing to bring a non religious date to the prom, but they did cancel it because she wished to bring her girlfriend to the prom.

Sooo..you do have the same rights as everyone else, and now her classmates are ticked off at her because she got the prom cancelled.

I really don't see how religion has anything to do with this arguement. It's a silly arguement over something that should not have happened. She should just have bought 2 tickets and arrived at the prom with her date.

Foliel's photo
Mon 03/29/10 05:37 PM
I'd be just as happy in a lifetime commitment without saying the 2 dreaded words. If marriage comes along great but i'd be just as happy with a long term boyfriend. My mom has never been married and never will get married lol.

Marriage seems to be important to humans and a few other mammals. Most animals don't need that piece of paper to do their thing.
Only humans require it....

Foliel's photo
Mon 03/29/10 11:27 AM
I will not choose either as I have no intention of passing on. i plan to wander around as a ghost for eternity.

:banana:

Foliel's photo
Sun 03/28/10 05:17 PM
There will never be a winner in this debate, everyone has their own ideas and ways of disciplining their children.

I didn't swear when I was younger because I knew better. Not because I got slapped but because If I didI would have to sit at the table and write out "I will not swear!" my god my hand hurt, so I tended to not swear.

Temper Tantrums usually led to the silent treatment which is far worse than any spanking I could have gotten, i would have preferred a spanking.

I never bullied just because I tend to be a nice guy lol. We didn't have sibling rivalry between my sisters and I. There were so many years between us, it would have been silly.

Generally my punishment was loss of my nintendo since i didnt use the phone and TV didn't matter to me. Grounding me didn't matter since i never went anywhere lol.

I only got spanked 3 or 4 times my entire life and I learned if she gave me "the look" I better knock it off lol. Mind you i wasn't afraid of my mom, we had a great relationship, I just knew I was in trouble if I pushed my luck.

Foliel's photo
Tue 03/23/10 02:46 AM
I wish they'd do away with dst, I hate having to remember ro reset my clock each time lol.

Foliel's photo
Mon 03/15/10 02:17 PM
People that turn into angry abusive adults, are usually the ones that came from homes in which they weren't spanked, they were abused. People seem to keep mixing spanking your child with beating the tar out of them.

I was spanked, not often but if I deserved it, I got it. I only remember being spanked 3 times maybe 4 in my entire childhood. I am not an angry abusive adult. My sister on the other hand, has never been spanked (thanks to dss), she treats my mother like crap, never listened, broke the rules constantly...the final straw for me was walking in just as my sister called my mom an f---ing b---h and hitting her, hard. Within seconds I had ahold of her.

My mom tried all the punishments that people have suggested, taking things away, loss of priviledges, groundation, time outs...my sister didnt care, she would do what she wanted. My mom had to resort to calling me to come deal with her, since she didnt know what else to do. Don't worry, I didn't hit her as I do not believe in hitting people (yeah I was spanked and I don't believe in hitting people, shocked?) but I did put the fear of me into her.

My middle sister has disowned the youngest sister and wants nothing to do with her, so while my youngest sister was never spanked, she has lost alot more than a simple spanking.

Foliel's photo
Sun 02/28/10 04:37 PM
My mom never compared my sisters to me cuz she said that would be unfair. They aren't me so can't be compared to me.

Foliel's photo
Wed 02/24/10 09:43 AM
As if Obama would be the first president to make promises he can't keep. Every president before him has done that as well.

No one wants to give Obama a chance, they'd rather see him fail so they can have manifest destiny. If they keep trying to make sure he fails, when he does they can say "See I was right"

Foliel's photo
Tue 02/23/10 11:51 PM
my actions say I am a good, kind, loving person that doesn't need religion to have morals or be a good person.

Foliel's photo
Tue 02/23/10 11:47 PM
IMO sex offenses have become the new salem witch trials, seem to be alot of cases going on where the offender isn't guilty of anything, the kid was just ticked off about something.

Foliel's photo
Tue 02/23/10 11:45 PM
The other wrongdoing was when the school punished the child for improper behavior in his home, that is none of the schools business.
They had 0 authority to punish a child for behavior in the child home. It's a major case of invasion of privacy.

Foliel's photo
Tue 02/23/10 11:38 PM
in an effort to be fair, they should have the same rights as other prisoners....mind you i'd rather see them castrated or or some such painful thing, but thats the side of me that is a child molestation survivor...i have thought up some rather cruel methods of punishment for them so it's a good thing im not a judge lol

Foliel's photo
Thu 02/18/10 11:02 PM
i'm a cereal killer..i kill my apple jacks or fruit loops every morning for breakfast...
laugh

Foliel's photo
Thu 02/18/10 10:59 PM
12th grade was optional??? since when and why wasn't I told of this when I was a senior!!!

I had to go through the 12th grade as did a number of honor role students and the valedictorian. I probly had enough credits to get out early but was told that it wasn't an option... mad

Foliel's photo
Tue 02/09/10 09:42 AM
Don't you know that parents would rather have kids being dumb about sex...

I guess it goes from generation to generation, only problem is, the generations get worse with each one.

Foliel's photo
Fri 02/05/10 06:27 PM
OMG castaway wins this title, that was the most boring movie i've ever seen.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25