Community > Posts By > Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:07 PM

And you got it, yeah, it might not have been civil in the language use...but really? You post a topic bashing the current president and you expected what now?

Stating fact is NOT bashing..........noway noway noway

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:05 PM

As someone who voted for him and enjoys numbers (my associates is in accounting and my mother, with whom I have many discussions and whose knowledge and experience I respect more than anyone in this world, is a retired Finance manager with the government) ,, I did actually expect the deficit to go up quite a bit,,,from preventing the collapse of banking and automotive industries,,,

I am also expecting it to slowy recover, but I am relieved we didnt get to the point of an economic depression

Like in real life, its one thing to owe some bills around the house, its different altogether if the HOUSE is going to be taken from you,,,,sometimes in a financial bend, obligations get shuffled, and some are sacrificed to tend to others..

Does one not realize how far in debt the USA is to China, just from obama's policies alone in this past year? Our grandchildren's children will be paying for it....

It is time to stop blaming President George W. Bush.....

obama has been in office 13 1/2 months now.....THIS IS obama's DEFICIT, RECESSION, UNEMPLOYMENT RATE, FORECLOSURE STATUS, on and on.....it is time to ADMIT IT............and take responsibility for it.......and not keep going back to the beginning of time and blaming everyone and everything other than the REAL REASON for how things are NOW....TODAY....THE PRESENT......

If and when that is accomplished.....perhaps things can then, at last, be accomplished to improve the situation.....

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 12:34 PM

It's still better than the McCain/Palin ticket, IMO.

The recession had already started and would have continued regardless of what president we have at the present time. At least Obama tried to slow it down.

obama has done nothing but increase the deficit to an ungodly amount.....PLEASE tell me how obama tried to slow down the recession? By doing what? Having a deficit so high that China owns most of it and even reprimanded obama for his outrageous spending? Even Germany told obama that his spending had to get under control.....

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 12:29 PM
I started this thread hoping for intelligent, honest opinion and debate....whether it opposes my opinions and debates or not........but it just seems that on this website, that cannot be accomplished.

People do not give an intelligent, honest, CIVIL response ...... with correct and current information and facts being cited ...... with nothing substantial to contribute........

This is my country and I love it and care what happens to it.......and from the current deficit alone, and the past year being spent on health care reform, that the public has SCREAMED out that it DOES NOT WANT obama's plan........it appears that obama just DOES NOT CARE....HIS EGO, TO ME, APPEARS TO BE MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM.

Obama, on national television, has admitted that people feel that he seems to think that HE knows what is best for the USA citizens, and it appears that it matters NOT to him what the USA citizens KNOW IS BEST FOR THEM. So, someone PLEASE TELL ME....why does obama not listen to the USA citizens that have been speaking out so loudly?

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 12:12 PM

Err...wasn't the deficit there when he arrived?

Errrrrrr not in the trillions that obama has created!

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 12:09 PM

Is this the same photographer who USED to work for Reuters BEFORE he demonstrated he couldn't properly use the 'Clone' stamp in Photoshop to make it look like ALL the rockets in the picture were being launched ... ? Duuuuuuuuuuude ... NObody lives with damage like this. Nice shot at playing the 'touchy-feely' emotional card, but you're really a shameless weenie who's read one page too many in your little 'agitprop' manual ... and don't play all dumb like you don't know what 'agitprop' means, either ... you've been busted ...

People can live with half a brain.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/2490870-half-of-his-skull-and-brain-was-blown-but-not-his-desire-to-live-pics-and-vid

http://www.livescience.com/health/090727-one-eye-vision.html

http://content.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=4824

I have found that many people use what I call "REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY." They make a play on negativeness on people they oppose TO DETRACT FROM THE HEINOUS ACTIONS OF THE PEOPLE THEY SUPPORT...i.e. obama and his administration.

Damn.....obama even stated on national television that he would not pay for his aunt's hip replacement.....heck, she is too old....just 'give them some pain medicine'..............VERY COMPASSIONATE MAN THAT obama is....yep, real compassionate........

THE REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY JUST DOES NOT WORK WITH THE PEOPLE OF AN INTELLIGENT MINDSETnoway noway noway noway noway noway

Did you know BUSH and his wife had an ill child who died and they didnt attend her funeral? Now , I could make some presumptious statement about WHY (insensitive , or incompassionate people?) or I could admit that I have NO Idea what is going on in other peoples personal relationships and that it isnt really my business. Without all information it is hard to make strong conclusions,,this is why the courts designat 'the truth' from ' the whole truth '.

In the end,, all the personal hogwash about peoples private relationships is also just a distraction from how they are doing their JOB.

You know, a person has to be really desperate to make such an ugly statement..............sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

I would never demean myself by posting such hate.

AGAIN......PROOF OF THE HATE SPEWED IN THIS POLITICAL FORUM.....

out of curiousity,, who was I being hateful towards?

"Did you know BUSH and his wife had an ill child who died and they didnt attend her funeral?" ---FACT

"Now , I could make some presumptious statement about WHY (insensitive , or incompassionate people?) or I could admit that I have NO Idea what is going on in other peoples personal relationships and that it isnt really my business." --ARGUMENTS

"Without all information it is hard to make strong conclusions,,this is why the courts designat 'the truth' from ' the whole truth "--

CONCLUSION

I stated a FACT, I posted the possible ARGUMENTS, and then ended with a CONCLUSION. Straight logic with no hate involved.

It all comes down to what an individual considers fact and logic....................

To me the post I referenced is of hateful content.

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 12:04 PM

Is obama's 'change' and 'hope' what the American people thought it was?

I sincerely do not think so...........I do not think the people who did vote for the individual expected to have a deficit in the trillions of dollars the first year he was in office.

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 11:37 AM

You know, a person has to be really desperate to make such an ugly statement..............sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

Your definition of hate I call intelectual honesty.

"intelectual" ????????????? a misspell I presume.......BUT I sure would never group the word hate with honesty.....SO I WONDER WHY I AM RESPONDING TO THIS 'POST' (is that what I quoted supposed to be??????????) ????

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 11:32 AM

lol,,,haaaaaaaaaaa

oh, some folks are so funny, thanx for that

DO I DETECT A 'NERVOUS LAUGH'................use by individuals who cannot come up with a serious, intelligent statement.......

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 11:27 AM

Is this the same photographer who USED to work for Reuters BEFORE he demonstrated he couldn't properly use the 'Clone' stamp in Photoshop to make it look like ALL the rockets in the picture were being launched ... ? Duuuuuuuuuuude ... NObody lives with damage like this. Nice shot at playing the 'touchy-feely' emotional card, but you're really a shameless weenie who's read one page too many in your little 'agitprop' manual ... and don't play all dumb like you don't know what 'agitprop' means, either ... you've been busted ...

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/2490870-half-of-his-skull-and-brain-was-blown-but-not-his-desire-to-live-pics-and-vid

I have found that many people use what I call "REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY." They make a play on negativeness on people they oppose TO DETRACT FROM THE HEINOUS ACTIONS OF THE PEOPLE THEY SUPPORT...i.e. obama and his administration.

Damn.....obama even stated on national television that he would not pay for his aunt's hip replacement.....heck, she is too old....just 'give them some pain medicine'..............VERY COMPASSIONATE MAN THAT obama is....yep, real compassionate........

THE REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY JUST DOES NOT WORK WITH THE PEOPLE OF AN INTELLIGENT MINDSETnoway noway noway noway noway noway

Did you know BUSH and his wife had an ill child who died and they didnt attend her funeral? Now , I could make some presumptious statement about WHY (insensitive , or incompassionate people?) or I could admit that I have NO Idea what is going on in other peoples personal relationships and that it isnt really my business. Without all information it is hard to make strong conclusions,,this is why the courts designat 'the truth' from ' the whole truth '.

In the end,, all the personal hogwash about peoples private relationships is also just a distraction from how they are doing their JOB.

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 11:07 AM

and your mindset isn't one of them,what in the hell does not paying for a hip replacement, have to do with thousands and or millions dying in a war that was started by your "head up his ***" president bush.lady you need to realize that obama isn't the problem it's people with views like you. WTF

My oh my, looks like I upset someone .............. oh, welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 09:30 AM

I don't care what happens to the racist T-baggers/RW nutbag GOP corporate shill machine....as long as they NEVER again have the power to screw up the US. We've seen their agendas at work...two failed wars we were lied into that have bankrupted our nation and killed millions, wounded 10's of thousands...

The GOP are a wholly owned subsidirary of corporations acting only in the best interest of their profits over the needs of our people and the FOCKS "news" network is just a shill machine for them...liars, racists, and purveyors of total BS.

I have to question the intelligence of people who'd watch FOCKS. They certainly have NO clue of the realities facing us today. They live in another world...

Myopeons.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Myopeon

Perhaps this picture is a little incorrect.........after all, good 'ol obama considers himself to be the 'messiah', the 'annointed one'.........rofl rofl

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 09:28 AM
Edited by Lindyy on Sat 03/06/10 09:31 AM

I don't care what happens to the racist T-baggers/RW nutbag GOP corporate shill machine....as long as they NEVER again have the power to screw up the US. We've seen their agendas at work...two failed wars we were lied into that have bankrupted our nation and killed millions, wounded 10's of thousands...

The GOP are a wholly owned subsidirary of corporations acting only in the best interest of their profits over the needs of our people and the FOCKS "news" network is just a shill machine for them...liars, racists, and purveyors of total BS.

I have to question the intelligence of people who'd watch FOCKS. They certainly have NO clue of the realities facing us today. They live in another world...

Myopeons.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Myopeon

I rather like this picture..............flowerforyou

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 09:24 AM

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 09:14 AM
Edited by Lindyy on Sat 03/06/10 09:18 AM

1. "Hater is a contemporary slang word for people who put down others,,, Is 'repulsive' also a slang word?" ............ If you do not know that get out a dictionary and look up the word repulsive.

Oh, Dear God, hater and repulsive are both adjectives .....frustrated And again, the use of the word hate is totally out of order for describing people who merely dislike, disagree or feel dismay over another's opinions, agenda, policies.......

2. I, and I am confident that the rest of the population of the USA, could not possibly care less about your Pew poll. Whatever it is supposed to be. I do highly question the credibility of this "Pew" poll and "American Political IQ" As 1,002 adults is a far cry from a representation of the total population of the USA citizens. And, again, you go making a declaratory statement, this time declaring that Americans are not knowledgeable about geography....slaphead

3. It is of extreme importance that the American citizens make daily observations and decisions about obama and the current Administration's actions, accomplishments and/or lack thereof. To not do so is total negligence and a maintainment of a reckless attitude in keeping thoroughly apprised of what is and is not taking place in this administration's actions, agenda and policies. Our welfare and security of ourselves and future generations are at stake in this issue.

4. I do question if you actually do have privy to an adequate number of attorneys who do not consider obama a B.S.er...... as you made no reference to who these individuals are and/or where they are located and the type of law they practice, the courts they are licensed to practice law in and their political party and stand on relevant issues that are of the utmost concern of the American citizen. Thus, again, I state that after 22 years as a legal secretary experienced in local, state, Federal, appellate courts, and high contact and observance of attorneys practicing in said courts, I can rightfully state that obama is a B.S.er.....he says he will do one thing and turns around and does another [please refer to my statement about his so-called 'transparency' policy which never took place]....never intending on doing what he originally stated he would do.

5. How obama's agenda as acting [for lack of a better word] president can be seen EVERY day. No need to wait till he is out of office to see how he is IMPACTING the USA. The economy is spiraling downward rapidly, unemployment 10%, the USA has trillions of dollars in deficit, of which China owns the great majority of the USA debt, the people of the USA are screaming to STOP SPENDING OBAMA.......!! He has spent his entire first year in office on the health care issue..... NOTHING on the economy and unemployment, the job situation......and still has accomplished NOTHING........

So, he is doing the best he can with what he has? Whatever "what he has" means. If his best is running the economy and job situation to ruin.....I hardly consider that "the best"......
I AM SCARED TO DEATH TO SEE WHAT HIS 'FULL' TERM WILL BRING ABOUT.

"........................perhaps your 'declaratory statement' that most do not care about polls (or written work in general, I guess) is true but in YOUR previous post you asked for some statistics or substantiation of my 'declaratory statement' regarding the state of political education in the US, which is what I gave."

RESPONSE:

PLEASE QUOTE ME CORRECTLY:

"2. I, and I am confident that the rest of the population of the USA, could not possibly care less about your Pew poll. Whatever it is supposed to be." I DID NOT SAY ".....polls (or written work in general....."

As previously stated
'I actually AM privvy to lawyers who dont find OBama to be a bullshitter, but rather that has bearing on what you consider to be valid is another issue' I am attesting to the fact that I am privvy to lawyers who disagree with you which was your original question. For me to now answer how many , tell their names, where they work, in what field, their social security numbers,,etc,,, would do little to further the conversation or encourage any type of relevant debate.

RESPONSE:

Your allegations that you have privy are just that, allegations.....something that has not been proven.....You cannot, or you refuse, to even state what type of court of law these alleged attorney(s) practice in......Thus, your "attest" is worthless, unacceptable and not credible.

ANYONE CAN SAY ANYTHING, BUT WITHOUT FACTS TO BACK THE STATEMENTS UP.....ONE CAN ONLY DRAW TO A CONCLUSION THAT THE STATEMENT IS JUST A MADE UP FALLACY......

Finally, I do observe OBama and from where I sit he has been a part of much progress. Here in Las Vegas, he stopped waste from being dumped in our backyard. He has been a part of the process to stop credit card companies from RIPPING us off. HE has been a part of the process which has greatly reduced the rate of foreclosures we have on homes here. He has been a part of expanding unemployment benefits.
Job loss has decreased nearly exponentially. He was part of the progress that helped our country avoid another potential depression..

RESPONSE:

LET ME REFRESH YOUR MEMORY.....PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH initiated the first expansion of unemployment benefits the Fall of 2008.........obama merely followed in President Bush's footsteps.....laugh

FURTHERMORE, unemployment ROSE TO A RECORD LEVEL (10%)since obama took office........:angry:

Credit cards? I FEEL SORRY FOR NO ONE WHO LIVES ON CREDIT CARDS.
Perhaps you and obama should practice obama's "pay as you go policy"........laugh

Foreclosures are up more than ever and are expected to rise even more........:angry:

I could go on and on about the progress I see him making, but in the end, its about how he fits my personal priorities. Like with any relationship, if someone isnt meeting those needs most important to us, we generally want to cut them loose. I expected him to tackle healthcare after stabilizing the economy. I didnt expect he would have so much opposition, but I did expect that he would see it through however long it took, which is what I believe he is doing. My priority is health, because without it, there is no job, and therefore no home, no food,,etc,,,, I am pleased he made it such a priority. He is more than living up to what was important to me so I am still pleased with his leadership. I respect that others who may have different personal priorities than me, priorities that have yet to be met,, will feel differently. Thats life, but its also subjective, personal, opinion.

RESPONSE:

"....I expected him to tackle healthcare after stabilizing the economy. I didnt expect he would have so much opposition,...."

Obviously you do not listen to the USA citizens either......and the fact that you 'expected him to tackle healthcare [AFTER]stabilizing the economy.', WELL, WHAT MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID, OBVIOUSLY, EVEN YOU FELT THE ECONOMY NEEDED STABILIZED FIRST.:angry:

THE ECONOMY SHOULD HAVE BEEN STABILIZED BEFORE EVEN THINKING OF HEALTH CARE......:angry:

UNEMPLOYMENT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STABILIZED BEFORE EVEN THINKING OF HEALTH CARE.....:angry:

WITHOUT THE ECONOMY AND UNEMPLOYMENT STABILIZED, THERE WOULD BE NO MONEY FOR ANY REFORM TO HEALTH CARE:angry:

NEEDS COME BEFORE WANTS.....:angry:

As I said, my health is more significant than ANYTHING else , for without it I cant go to a job to make the money to support my family. However in the emergency we found ourself in economically, something had to be done to prevent a depression before anything else happened. That repair was going to take a significant amount of time once the balls were in motion that I dont think it would be reasonable to not do ANYTHING else until it recovered. Once depression was prevented, MY personal preference was to see healthcare tackled. We can agree to disagree on which was more important and how much of each should be done,,,

your quote regarding validation of my opinion was as follows
'Well....pray tell, please advise where you get your statistics to prove and substantiate your personal statement and opinion that MOST Americans do not understand the political process nor the roles of the government? If you made yourself open and willing to seek out the information provided via news media - which reports on the people all over the USA, not just one local community....I am confident, based on how you express yourself, you would be totally shocked as to just HOW MUCH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DO, AND I MEAN DO, UNDERSTAND......'

You are right, upon READING information regarding american's general knowledge, I was surprised at how little of it there was.

As far as refreshing my memory, I can tell you what OBAMA has been a part of, you can nitpick about whether anyone else has ever done these things before him,, but I am referring to what HE has done NOW.

He did stop waste from being dumped here.

In my home of LAS VEGAS , foreclosures have declined.

I do not live on credit cards, but the unethical practice of raising interest rates of those who have no outstanding debt because of debt they may have had with OTHERS, has been stopped and I am glad. A contract is a contract and contracted rates should be just that.

AS to whether 'OPINIONS' require proof, I find it to be a contradiction of definitions. That is why they are called 'opinions' and not facts. I have however, given my personal 'reasons' for forming the opinions I have and I will leave it at that.

I, for one, am NOT a narcissist…………………..I care about my ENTIRE country, not just the minuscule state that I reside in………….NEVADA? Nevada has the highest unemployment rate in the USA a whopping 13% ....and it is good 'ol Harry Reid who represents Nevada! It is well known that Harry Reid is in major trouble with his state and unlikely to win in November. The good 'ol democrats……….....cannot blame this one on President Bush……………………….noway laugh

http://www.bls.gov/web/lauhsthl.htm

United States Department of Labor- Bureau of Labor Statics (most recent update March 3, 2010)

Current: Nevada 13.0

Historical high: Dec. 2009 13.0

Historical Low: Apr. 2000 3.8

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 08:48 AM
Edited by Lindyy on Sat 03/06/10 08:50 AM

OOPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS.............

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 08:46 AM

National debt to be higher than White House forecast, CBO says..

President Obama's proposed budget would add more than $9.7 trillion to the national debt over the next decade, congressional budget analysts said Friday. Proposed tax cuts for the middle class account for nearly a third of that shortfall.

The 10-year outlook released by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office is somewhat gloomier than White House projections, which found that Obama's budget request would produce deficits that would add about $8.5 trillion to the national debt by 2020.

The CBO and the White House are in relative agreement about the short-term budget picture, with both predicting a deficit of about $1.5 trillion this year -- a post-World War II record at 10.3 percent of the overall economy -- and $1.3 trillion in 2011. But the CBO is considerably less optimistic about future years, predicting that deficits would never fall below 4 percent of the economy under Obama's policies and would begin to grow rapidly after 2015.

Deficits of that magnitude would force the Treasury to continue borrowing at prodigious rates, sending the national debt soaring to 90 percent of the economy by 2020, the CBO said. Interest payments on the debt would also skyrocket by $800 billion over the same period.

Obama's tax-cutting agenda is by far the biggest contributor to those budget gaps, the CBO said. As part of his campaign pledge to protect families making less than $250,000 a year from new taxes, the president is proposing to prevent the alternative minimum tax from expanding to ensnare millions of additional taxpayers. He also wants to make permanent a series of tax cuts enacted during the Bush administration, which are scheduled to expire at the end of this year.

"Over the next 10 years, those policies would reduce revenues and boost outlays for refundable tax credits by a total of $3.0 trillion," wrote Douglas W. Elmendorf, the CBO director. Combined with interest payments on that shortfall, the tax cuts account for the entire increase in deficits that would result from Obama's proposals.

Obama is convening a special commission to bring deficits down to 3 percent of the economy, but the CBO report shows that Obama could accomplish that goal simply by letting the Bush tax cuts expire and paying for changes to the alternative minimum tax.

Other policy changes, such as Obama's signature health-care initiative and a plan to dramatically expand the federal student loan program, would have significant effects on the budget, Elmendorf wrote, but they generally would be paid for and therefore would not drive deficits higher.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/05/AR2010030502974.html

I listened to this report last night.....dear God when is it all going to end?

And, I do not think obama is gong to like this information being given out.........after all, he loves to quote the CBO whenever he can twist the words around to make it look like the CBO is on his side........pathetic........

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 08:42 AM

"On March 18, 2003, two days before her son launched the invasion of Iraq, Barbara Bush appeared on Good Morning America. Our nation's "First Mother" asked Diane Sawyer, "Why should we hear about body bags and death and how many? . . . Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that."

Victims of War Are Not To Be Seen Or Heard Or Mentioned
by Robert Weitzel

"The greatest dignity and respect you can give [victims of war] is to show the horror they suffered, the absolute gruesome horror."
-War Photographer David Lesson

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0222-22.htm

My oh my, how people thrive on making up things...........makes one wonder .......................

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 08:40 AM

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 08:38 AM

Michelle Malkin...really?

http://www.michellemalkinisanidiot.com/

Not worth the time to debunk....she's an idiot. Kinda hot tho~

Hatred spewing through this post also............or jealousy?

BEAUTY AND INTELLIGENCE............NOT many women possess these traits...........

Listen to MICHELL MALKIN speak........words just flow out of her mouth, her mind sharp and strong...........

NOW obama......cannot spit out a word without his good ol teleprompter.............laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25