Community > Posts By > Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 04:01 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sat 03/06/10 04:03 PM

Stating fact is NOT bashing..........noway noway noway

Whatever, but it is my understanding that you are not exactly liking any of the opinions that are against your own...which well defeats the purpose of a debate because there will never be a conclusion that everyone can agree on. Which reminds me of why I stay the hell away from this part of the forum.

I do not have to like someone else's opinion, nor do they have to like mine..........but we are each entitled to our own opinion and state them. A debate does not prove who is wrong or who is right......which I think you want me to state you are right and I am wrong, which is a totally absurd thing to expect.................

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 03:56 PM

Dear Lady 'lindyy',

With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that you started this thread «... hoping for intelligent, honest opinion and debate...»

In closing, many here 'hope for' intelligent, honest and facts backed opinions and statements, potentially leading to stimulating debates.

Now, let the teachers apply their own lessons.

Well, Mr. V....for someone who does not reside in the USA....that is all that needs to be said........

BUT, is it not a little demeaning on YOUR part to ".....With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that you started this thread «... hoping for intelligent, honest opinion and debate...»

What a clever way to demean someone's intellect......just what are you insinuating Mr. V?

Dear Lady 'lindyy',

I will forgive for you what could easily be taken as a most uncivilized comment you wrote at my expense:

«... for someone who does not reside in the USA... that is all that needs to be said...».

With the busy life you must lead, you most probably forgot that you were posting in a PUBLIC forum of the WORLD WIDE WEB!!! That's WORLD, Lady 'lindyy', NOT the USA-WIDE-WEB!!!
Now, 'that is all that needs to be said...' ... on that one!!!

As for your suggestion that I might be demeaning in my statements, ironically, that is exactly what characterizes your own overall 'demeanor' on this thread, to only name one of several.

You state that you 'hope for' and request from others, specific standards of honesty, accuracy and rigor (rather pretentious and arrogant IMO), yet you, through your own opinions, comments, and counter arguments with others, consistently fail to observe those very standards.
In this specific instance, where you suggest my statement to be demeaning, is a perfect example. A typical case of projection.

With respect to your last question, I want to reassure you. I am not insinuating anything.

If one authentically 'hopes for' an 'intelligent, honest opinion and debate', 'CIVIL response', 'with correct and current information and facts being cited', as you stated yourself, one MUST first adhere to such standards.

Thus, when you invite us to participate in this specific thread, with an opening statement that is both false and calumnious, you are failing, in this instance, to follow your own standards Lady 'lindyy'. No insinuation.

Why Mr. V..........sounds like you are not having a good day.......flowerforyou perhaps this will help make you feel better.......

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 03:08 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sat 03/06/10 03:09 PM

My mistake. You weren't referring to me. Btw, I read very well. I'm multi-tasking right now with a child at home.

"She" wasn't flinging falsehoods about Republicans.

I am well aware of the fact that you have a child as you are well aware of the fact that I have 2.............all of which amazes me that, considering you have a child......you would even post anything regarding the use of the death of a little girl due to leukemia for ANY GIVEN REASON......

Come on Winx....we disagree on most things.........but the death of a child to be used in any form..........I am stunned at your reaction to this entire situation..........REGARDLESS of our political parties and opinions in politics............

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 03:03 PM

still no answer to WHAT i misconstrued,, because I didnt

my biggest offense (which I assure had no ulterior motive) was not specifying Sr or Jr.,. besides that I fail to get your point let alone prove it

Your biggest offense was your entire posting on the death of a little girl from leukemia just to try to demean someone in politics that you do not like.....that is so.....sick sick sick sick sick

You misconstrued everything about the death of a dear little girl.....twisted and turned the facts inside out.....my article that I posted PROVED IT..........

From what I observe from your posts, I think you fail to get the point of anything..............

Oh, re-read your posts yourself.....I refuse to lower myself to quote the sick sick posts again.......I will not contribute to the exploitation of the death of a little girl from leukemia.......

Ok, ONE FINAL TIME. I posted nothing sick(unless the reality of death is sick). I did not demean anyone(unless the reality of death is demeaning).

Have I not stated <THREE TIMES NOW< that to jump to such conclusions about a persons character(indeed assasinate it) based upon very few details is intellectually dishonest. If I am missing the point of a post I simply ask, and the discussion continues. The question has been asked, in differing ways, of me several times and I have REPEATED the answer several times.

THE POINT: It is intellectually dishonest and does not further the dialogue to make sweeping judgments about someones character based upon LIMITED information about their personal decisions in their private lives.

I am astonished really that this point seems to be going over anyones head.

AND I AM ASTONISHED THAT YOU CONTINUE TO USE THE DEATH OF A LITTLE GIRL DUE TO LEUKEMIA FOR WHATEVER REASON............sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 02:58 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sat 03/06/10 02:59 PM

not too demeaning to imply that anyone not in the USA has a less valid opinion ,,,,

ahh, the hypocrisy and blindness continues..

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......you are soooooooooooooo wrong about what I meant...........but Mr. V. knows............LOL on you.....

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 02:55 PM

You're not allowed to say anything negative about Republicans, even when discussing facts.

I suggest your re-read ALL of her posts about the tragic death of little Robin..........

AND your statement is highly uncalled for, then again, that is par for the course...........

And if you are approving of her use of the death of a little girl just to be hateful and fling forth falsehoods about Republicans......then sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick to your attitude.

And how did I fling forth falsehoods about Republicans?

You do not read thoroughly, do you?

"And if you are approving of her use of the death of a little girl just to be hateful and fling forth falsehoods about Republicans......then sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick to your attitude."

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 02:53 PM

still no answer to WHAT i misconstrued,, because I didnt

my biggest offense (which I assure had no ulterior motive) was not specifying Sr or Jr.,. besides that I fail to get your point let alone prove it

Your biggest offense was your entire posting on the death of a little girl from leukemia just to try to demean someone in politics that you do not like.....that is so.....sick sick sick sick sick

You misconstrued everything about the death of a dear little girl.....twisted and turned the facts inside out.....my article that I posted PROVED IT..........

From what I observe from your posts, I think you fail to get the point of anything..............

Oh, re-read your posts yourself.....I refuse to lower myself to quote the sick sick posts again.......I will not contribute to the exploitation of the death of a little girl from leukemia.......

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 02:47 PM

You're not allowed to say anything negative about Republicans, even when discussing facts.

I suggest your re-read ALL of her posts about the tragic death of little Robin..........

AND your statement is highly uncalled for, then again, that is par for the course...........

And if you are approving of her use of the death of a little girl just to be hateful and fling forth falsehoods about Republicans......then sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick to your attitude.

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 02:36 PM

My original conclusion was that this is a disruptive and intellectually dishonest practice and my point in posting these things about Robin was to show, through comparison, how such LEAPS of logic about someones character based upon such little detail can come across as hateful, or bashing.

To use the death of a dear little girl is sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

And, no, I do not believe you were trying to 'show' anything through comparison..........you had to come up with some sort of excuse for your horrifying statements .............

And again, to use the death of a little girl........sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 02:32 PM

First, which Bush family are you referring to?

I MUST CALL YOUR BLUFF AND INSIDIOUS MISINFORMATION (PERHAPS INTENTIONAL?)

Robin Bush (1949 - 1953) - Find A Grave Memorial

President George Herbert Walker Bush and his wife Barbara were married on January 06, 1945. Their first child, a boy, named George Walker Bush was born a few short years later. On December 20, 1949, a daughter, Pauline Robinson Bush was born. They called her Robin. In 1950, Mr. Bush moved his family to west Texas to a town called Midland. Jeb, the next son was only a few weeks old when Mrs. Bush noticed something strange in her daughter. Robin woke one morning and was undecided as to what to do. She stated that she might just lie on the grass and watch the cars go by or maybe just stay in bed. Mrs. Bush noticed that this was strange behavior for a three year old. She took her to Dr. Dorothy Wyvell to be examined and had blood drawn. Dr. Wyvell told Mrs. Bush to bring Mr. Bush back the next day, but to leave Robin at home. They were told that Robin had leukemia. The doctor advised them to take her home an to let her quietly slip away while keeping her comfortable and loving her. Mr. Bush was unwilling to give up that quickly. He called his uncle, Dr. John Walker, at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York City. They left Midland and took Robin to the hospital for treatment. The Bush's stayed at the Walker's apartment on Sutton Place in New York off and on until October 1953 when Robin passed away. Both Mr. and Mrs. Bush were by her side. There was no funeral, as the Bush's had signed papers giving Robin's body to research hoping that a cure could be found for such a horrible disease. One day in New York Mr. Bush's father asked Mrs. Bush to go with him to the cemetery in Greenwich. Putnam Cemetery was on a hillside with trees, and he had picked out a headstone that had BUSH engraved in it. That was where little Robin was laid to rest. However, in the year 2000 Robin was moved to the future final resting place of President George H.W.Bush and Former First lady Barbara Bush. Her headstone is toward the back of the small cemetery. The little gravesite is beautiful, surrounded by trees, with the lovely sound of birds all around. The Presidential Seal is just inside the gate made of marble and set in cement. This is on the Texas A&M University Campus where the Presidential library is located.

Cause of death: Leukemia at age 3

Burial:
George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
College Station
Brazos County
Texas, USA

CARE TO APOLOGIZE TO YOUR, WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE DELIBERATE, MISCONSTRUING AND 'BAITING' OF FACT?

I apologize for not specifying Sr or Jr, but they are all the same family and it doesnt change my point , besides,,,

The article (which I posted)is pretty clear of what Bush family. There is one that is most popular,, consisting of George and Barbara and George jr, and Jeb,etc,,,

I didnt misconstrue any fact actually. Care to point out where I did?

OMG...........with the above article that I posted of the TRUTH....and you still cannot retract your insidious DELIBERATE falsehoods and misconstruing of the entire truth????????? UNBELIEVABLE......TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE.........

PRIME EXAMPLE OF THE HATE THAT I REFER TO THAT DEVOURS THIS ENTIRE POLITICAL FORUM.....

THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT.........

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:58 PM

We were already in major debt to China when Obama took office. Trying to stop a depression involves taking desperate measures and risks. He had the best financial advisers to help with these decisions. We made it through the Big Depression and we'll make it through this recession. It takes time.

You, again, are evading providing FACT.......

But, does anything justify the ATROCIOUS amount of debt we now owe to China, and I am speaking solely on the amount obama has created?????????????

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:56 PM

the infamous 3 words "New World Order"

AGAIN......WHAT???? content/context was President George H. Bush speaking? YOU STILL ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE TEXT OF CONVERSATION.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DO YOU RESFUSE TO PROVIDE SUCH INFORMATION?

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:53 PM

Dear Lady 'lindyy',

With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that you started this thread «... hoping for intelligent, honest opinion and debate...»

In closing, many here 'hope for' intelligent, honest and facts backed opinions and statements, potentially leading to stimulating debates.

Now, let the teachers apply their own lessons.

Well, Mr. V....for someone who does not reside in the USA....that is all that needs to be said........

BUT, is it not a little demeaning on YOUR part to ".....With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that you started this thread «... hoping for intelligent, honest opinion and debate...»

What a clever way to demean someone's intellect......just what are you insinuating Mr. V?

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:43 PM

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=21590

there is also more RELEVANT information (details) which back up my point that without them, people can jump to conclusions. It is FACT the Bushes didnt attend their daughters funeral, in fact, they didnt even HAVE one for her.

First, which Bush family are you referring to?

I MUST CALL YOUR BLUFF AND INSIDIOUS MISINFORMATION (PERHAPS INTENTIONAL?)

Robin Bush (1949 - 1953) - Find A Grave Memorial

President George Herbert Walker Bush and his wife Barbara were married on January 06, 1945. Their first child, a boy, named George Walker Bush was born a few short years later. On December 20, 1949, a daughter, Pauline Robinson Bush was born. They called her Robin. In 1950, Mr. Bush moved his family to west Texas to a town called Midland. Jeb, the next son was only a few weeks old when Mrs. Bush noticed something strange in her daughter. Robin woke one morning and was undecided as to what to do. She stated that she might just lie on the grass and watch the cars go by or maybe just stay in bed. Mrs. Bush noticed that this was strange behavior for a three year old. She took her to Dr. Dorothy Wyvell to be examined and had blood drawn. Dr. Wyvell told Mrs. Bush to bring Mr. Bush back the next day, but to leave Robin at home. They were told that Robin had leukemia. The doctor advised them to take her home an to let her quietly slip away while keeping her comfortable and loving her. Mr. Bush was unwilling to give up that quickly. He called his uncle, Dr. John Walker, at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York City. They left Midland and took Robin to the hospital for treatment. The Bush's stayed at the Walker's apartment on Sutton Place in New York off and on until October 1953 when Robin passed away. Both Mr. and Mrs. Bush were by her side. There was no funeral, as the Bush's had signed papers giving Robin's body to research hoping that a cure could be found for such a horrible disease. One day in New York Mr. Bush's father asked Mrs. Bush to go with him to the cemetery in Greenwich. Putnam Cemetery was on a hillside with trees, and he had picked out a headstone that had BUSH engraved in it. That was where little Robin was laid to rest. However, in the year 2000 Robin was moved to the future final resting place of President George H.W.Bush and Former First lady Barbara Bush. Her headstone is toward the back of the small cemetery. The little gravesite is beautiful, surrounded by trees, with the lovely sound of birds all around. The Presidential Seal is just inside the gate made of marble and set in cement. This is on the Texas A&M University Campus where the Presidential library is located.

Cause of death: Leukemia at age 3

Burial:
George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
College Station
Brazos County
Texas, USA

CARE TO APOLOGIZE TO YOUR, WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE DELIBERATE, MISCONSTRUING AND 'BAITING' OF FACT?

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:31 PM

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=21590

there is also more RELEVANT information (details) which back up my point that without them, people can jump to conclusions. It is FACT the Bushes didnt attend their daughters funeral, in fact, they didnt even HAVE one for her.

OMG.................a reference to a site "findagrave"............how morbid.

And we are to believe this????????????

NOW, please give us all a credible source for what you are alleging....and JUST WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH by posting something so bizarre as this?

I certainly cannot comprehend what civil point you are attempting to make......noway noway noway noway noway

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:25 PM

"The United World of America" wow thats kind of neat

There ARE other countries where one could reside......I love my country and view with dismay people who mock it by making statements such as the one I just quoted.

Let me remind those posting in this thread that in other countries one could not mock one's country freely such as it can be done in the USA.......

Can we please continue on a CIVIL pattern?

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:21 PM

laugh

??????????????????????????

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:21 PM

Stating fact is NOT bashing..........noway noway noway

to paraphrase another mingler -- depends upon ones definition of fact and logic

in this case, depends upon ones definition of bashing

Such a pity if one considers stating FACT to be considered bashing..........I suggest one looks up in a dictionary the word bash...........before anymore empty dialogue continues......

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:15 PM

Does one not realize how far in debt the USA is to China, just from obama's policies alone in this past year? Our grandchildren's children will be paying for it....

It is time to stop blaming President George W. Bush.....

obama has been in office 13 1/2 months now.....THIS IS obama's DEFICIT, RECESSION, UNEMPLOYMENT RATE, FORECLOSURE STATUS, on and on.....it is time to ADMIT IT............and take responsibility for it.......and not keep going back to the beginning of time and blaming everyone and everything other than the REAL REASON for how things are NOW....TODAY....THE PRESENT......

If and when that is accomplished.....perhaps things can then, at last, be accomplished to improve the situation.....

13 and a half months...what? Did you expect billions of dollars to fall out of the sky?

13 1/2 months of obama being in office.....that is WHAT.......

I do not expect billions of dollars to fall out of the sky........because with obama's deficit to date......it will take TRILLIONS of dollars to fall out of the sky.

What were you trying to communicate as I am at a total loss as to what it is you are attempting to opine...........

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 01:12 PM

to be honest you may have something here because papa Bush did mention something about a "New World Order" and maybe Obama could be the guinea pig.laugh drinker

How was this "new world order" "MENTIONED" by President George W. Bush?

Please clarify, the entire text of what you are alleging President George W. Bush made.

What I quoted is exactly what I remarked about....seems fact just cannot make its way into some individuals' posts, not to mention civility .................

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25