Community > Posts By > Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 01:27 PM

laugh drinker

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh HOLD OFF ON YOUR LAUGHS, MY DEAR, AS I GET THE LAST LAUGH.....READ MY NEXT POST IN RESPONSE TO VOILEAZUR.....

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 01:16 PM

Facts really DO bother you, don't they ... ?

MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS, WHICH I AM ENTITLED TO....THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR ACKNOWLEDGING MY ENTITLEMENT (ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC.)flowerforyou ...........

The true facts, reliable sources, bother them all ......... LOL ...... and, it is amazing that they still want to blame President George W. Bush and his supporters for everything imaginable.

Does it not make one wonder when they shall come about to living in reality?

Does it not make one wonder how they can manipulate the facts to their own liking?

Does not everything about them and their agenda make you wonder?

AGAIN, THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR AGREEMENT THAT I AM ENTITLED TO MY OBSERVATIONS......flowerforyou

Congratulations on having 'voiced' your opinion Lady 'lindyy' !!!
'... ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC...'

Now, my turn!!!

You wrote of '... the true facts and reliable sources',
... and yet, you have only posted erroneous and false statements throughout this thread, without any sources, ... never mind reliable ones!!!

Yet, you swing back with more general statements, all of them false, based on nothing, as your basis to counter argue facts and figures, diligently posted to rectify your false statements and errors.

Of course you have '... ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC...' to voice all generalities you wish, but 'generalities' will allows lose when confronted to facts.

Instead of doing some research and counter arguing with facts, your next move inexplicably fell on posting these priceless 3 lines of personal 'observations':

« Does it not make one wonder when they shall come about to living in reality? »

« Does it not make one wonder how they can manipulate the facts to their own liking? »

« Does not everything about them and their agenda make you wonder? »

My observation on those observations is:

PURE PROJECTION!!! Mirrors right back at your series of general observations, false statements, and persistence in providing no supporting sources for your 'observations'

Look 'projection' up!!! I feel confident we will both agree on this observation at the very least.

PROVE PROVE PROVE THAT WHAT I HAVE POSTED "You wrote of '... the true facts and reliable sources',
... and yet, you have only posted erroneous and false statements throughout this thread, without any sources, ... never mind reliable ones!!!
COME ON MR. V.............PROVE WHAT I HAVE POSTED IS WHAT YOU CLAIM ERRONEOUS AND FALSE.............LET US SEE YOU DO IT.

P.S. WHERE ARE YOUR PROOFS OF FACT?????????????????????

YOU NEVER SEEM TO COME UP WITH ANY....WE JUST ARE TO TAKE YOUR WORD AS THE GOSPEL TRUTH.....

MAY I REMIND YOU THAT ANYONE ON THIS EARTH CAN MAKE UP, FABRICATE ANYTHING............SO THEREFORE, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR PROOF..........

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.......KINDLY SO......flowerforyou

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 01:10 PM

I will not attempt to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man ...

Yes of course: generalities, posturing, baiting, insults, we've covered your introduction and are clear about your style 'kings_knight'.

Now, anything pertaining to the topic of this thread???

Seems to me that Mr. V. is guilty of " generalities, posturing, baiting, insults, we've covered your introduction and are clear about your style.....:

QUITE FRANKLY, I AM LOSING PATIENCE WITH YOUR 'DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO' ATTITUDE....

I suggest you practice what you preach............

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 11:42 AM

US deficit tops Obama forecast by 1.2 trillion dollars: CBO

(AFP) – 1 day ago

WASHINGTON — US President Barack Obama has underestimated the government budget deficit for the next decade by 1.2 trillions dollars, estimates by Congress showed Friday.

Under Obama's latest budget projections, the cumulative deficit over the 2011-2020 period would be 8.532 trillion dollars, or 4.5 percent of gross domestic product, the nation's economic output.

But the Congressional Budget Office estimated Friday the deficit would snowball to 9.761 trillion dollars or 5.2 percent of GDP.

The CBO expects a deficit "1.2 trillion dollars greater over the 2011-2020 period than what the administration anticipates under the president?s budget," CBO director Douglas Elmendorf said in a report Friday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iYLqsfHu

The CBO said it also estimated a deficit that was 75 billion dollars higher than projected by the White House for the next fiscal year, which ends on September 30, 2011.

The White House had projected that deficit falling to 1.267 trillion dollars, from a record 1.556 trillion dollars in the current 2010 fiscal year.

The CBO also said that Obama's debt projections were optimistic.

By 2020, the federal debt would balloon to 20.3 trillion dollars, or 90 percent of GDP, the CBO said, compared with 18.5 trillion dollars projected by the administration.

Obama, who inherited a flood of red ink from his predecessor George W. Bush, has promised to halve the 1.3-trillion-dollar deficit he took on by 2013.

The president's budget predicts the deficit will tumble to 727 billion dollars, or four percent of GDP, by the end of his term in 2013.

See?

YES, do YOU SEE what is contained in the ENTIRE ARTICLE???? WELL, DO YOU SEE?laugh

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 11:41 AM

Obama, who inherited a flood of red ink from his predecessor George W. Bush, has promised to halve the 1.3-trillion-dollar deficit he took on by 2013.

The president's budget predicts the deficit will tumble to 727 billion dollars, or four percent of GDP, by the end of his term in 2013.

drinker

AMAZING HOW YOU INTENTIONALLY IGNORED THE ENTIRE ARTICLE AND TOOK YOUR LITTLE QUOTE OUT OF CONTEXT.......WHICH DOES NOT SURPRISE ME OR ANYONE ELSE........laugh

I don't think it was out of context at all. Just re-read your post!
The article states that Obama inherited a gigantic financial mess
and that the estimates on the damage are too low.

I WOULD EVER SO KINDLY ASK THAT YOU RE-READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE......ALONG WITH THE OTHER ARTICLES THAT I POSTED.....THANK YOU EVER SO MUCHflowerforyou

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 11:39 AM

We are all entitled to our truth, but lets be aware of how much our biases, prejudices,and perceptions manipulate our interpretation of the FACTS as they pertain to our truth.

Yes, YOU should be aware of how much YOUR ..."biases, prejudices,and perceptions manipulate our interpretation of the FACTS as they pertain to our truth."

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 11:35 AM

drinker

AMAZING HOW YOU INTENTIONALLY IGNORED THE ENTIRE ARTICLE AND TOOK YOUR LITTLE QUOTE OUT OF CONTEXT.......WHICH DOES NOT SURPRISE ME OR ANYONE ELSE........laugh

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 11:29 AM
Edited by Lindyy on Sun 03/07/10 11:32 AM

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-06/obama-spending-plan-underestimates-deficits-budget-office-says.html

Obama Spending Plan Underestimates Deficits, Budget Office Says
March 06, 2010, 12:03 AM EST
More From Businessweek

By Brian Faler

March 6 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama’s budget proposal would create bigger deficits than advertised every year of the next decade, with the shortfalls totaling $1.2 trillion more than the administration projected, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

The nonpartisan agency said yesterday the deficit will remain above 4 percent of the nation’s gross domestic product for the foreseeable future while the publicly held debt will zoom to $20.3 trillion, amounting to 90 percent of GDP by 2020. By then, interest payments on the debt will have quadrupled to more than $900 billion annually, the report said.

Deficits between 2011 and 2020 would total $9.76 trillion, the CBO said.

Economists generally consider deficits topping 3 percent of GDP to be unsustainable because that means government debt is growing faster than the ability to pay back the money.

“The news today from CBO is clear: The president’s budget will continue to lead our nation into a fiscal catastrophe -- an ever worse one than the president’s own numbers suggest,” Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the top Republican on the House Budget Committee, said yesterday.

White House Office of Management and Budget spokesman Kenneth Baer said the report “highlights how sensitive and uncertain budget projections are.”

Baer also said, “What is certain is that the irresponsibility of the past put the country on an unsustainable fiscal trajectory.”

Independent View

The CBO report is designed to give Congress an independent assessment of the administration’s budget request. The difference between the two outlooks is largely attributable to varying economic assumptions that affect projections of how quickly tax revenues will pour into the Treasury.

Revenues will be about $2 trillion less than the administration projects, while spending will be lower by about $600 billion, according to the CBO report.

The administration projected last month the deficit would shrink to as low as 3.6 percent of GDP, with the 10-year shortfall totaling $8.5 trillion. It foresees the debt growing to 77 percent of GDP in 2020.

The deficit for the 2010 fiscal year has been projected to be $1.6 trillion, a record. Obama last month established an 18- member bipartisan panel to suggest to Congress steps that would reduce the shortfalls.

--Editors: Don Frederick, Mike Millard.

-0- Mar/06/2010 05:00 GMT

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 11:22 AM

ttp://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international-business/US-deficit-tops-Obama-forecast-by-12-tn-CBO/articleshow/5649920.cms

US deficit tops Obama forecast by $1.2 tn: CBO
6 Mar 2010, 0638 hrs IST, AGENCIES

WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama has underestimated the government budget deficit for the next decade by 1.2 trillions dollars, estimates by Congress showed on Friday.

Under Obama's latest budget projections, the cumulative deficit over the 2011-2020 period would be 8.532 trillion dollars, or 4.5 percent of gross domestic product, the nation's economic output.

But the Congressional Budget Office estimated Friday the deficit would snowball to 9.761 trillion dollars or 5.2 percent of GDP.

The CBO expects a deficit "1.2 trillion dollars greater over the 2011-2020 period than what the administration anticipates under the president's budget," CBO director Douglas Elmendorf said in a report Friday.

The CBO said it also estimated a deficit that was 75 billion dollars higher than projected by the White House for the next fiscal year, which ends on September 30, 2011.

The White House had projected that deficit falling to 1.267 trillion dollars, from a record 1.556 trillion dollars in the current 2010 fiscal year.

By 2020, the federal debt would balloon to 20.3 trillion dollars, or 90 percent of GDP, the CBO said, compared with 18.5 trillion dollars projected by the administration.

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 11:19 AM
US deficit tops Obama forecast by 1.2 trillion dollars: CBO

(AFP) – 1 day ago

WASHINGTON — US President Barack Obama has underestimated the government budget deficit for the next decade by 1.2 trillions dollars, estimates by Congress showed Friday.

The CBO expects a deficit "1.2 trillion dollars greater over the 2011-2020 period than what the administration anticipates under the president?s budget," CBO director Douglas Elmendorf said in a report Friday.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iYLqsfHu

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 11:14 AM

Facts really DO bother you, don't they ... ?

MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS, WHICH I AM ENTITLED TO....THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR ACKNOWLEDGING MY ENTITLEMENT (ENTITLEMENT GIVEN ACCORDING TO THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUTION REGARDING FREEDOM OF SPEECH, RELIGION, ETC.)flowerforyou ...........

The true facts, reliable sources, bother them all ......... LOL ...... and, it is amazing that they still want to blame President George W. Bush and his supporters for everything imaginable.

Does it not make one wonder when they shall come about to living in reality?

Does it not make one wonder how they can manipulate the facts to their own liking?

Does not everything about them and their agenda make you wonder?

AGAIN, THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR AGREEMENT THAT I AM ENTITLED TO MY OBSERVATIONS......flowerforyou

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 11:01 AM

THE CURRENT SITUATION.

All economic indicators pointed in the direction of an imminent TRAIN WRECK, as BUSH jumped off the train in January 2010.

Since then, THE BUSH TRAIN WRECK WAS AVOIDED, as all economic indicators are up!!!

GDP is out of recession,

NET JOBLOSSES under BUSH, have turned into JOB GAINS under OBAMA,

Stock Markets are back in the green,

Debt and deficit have stopped their staggering rises.

AND,

... The nightmarish 'deficit' status (tens of trillions) of the Medicaid and Medicare programs, as 'Babyboomers' getting holders start massively hitting those very programs, is finally being COURAGEOUSLY addressed BY the current administration, IN SPITE OF A FOE'S PERSISTENT DENIAL VIRUS !!!

FACTS, for those whom favors those over delusional fiction, suggest that the train wreck was avoided.

Now, REPAIRNG THE DARN TRAIN AND GETTING IT BACK ON TRACK is going to require the USA putting its childish partisan games aside and COMING TOGETHER, as it as shown possible in the past.

President Obama IS the current administrator in chief. For those whom must, PINCH YOUR NOSE, drop your petty partisan quarrels, and HELP THE RECOVERY PROCESS.

You'll always have the option of picking-up your biases as soon as the 'CURRENT SITUATION IS FULLY FIXED'!!!

Mr.V., I am extremely interested in why you are so intent on blaming President George W. Bush for everything imaginable under the sun.....and applauding to the greatest lengths of the earth possible the current acting president and administration.

I do find intrigue in your intense interest in U.S.A. politics, economy, religion, etc.

WHY, you never said the same as you have stated above, for President George W. Bush, since you CLAIM to be sooooooooooo 'fair and balanced' and since you project yourself to be a bipartisian individual, WHY, again, did you NOT render to we citizens of the USA the SAME ADVICE THAT YOU ARE NOW FLINGING OUT TO THOSE WHO OPPOSE THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION, TO ALL OF US HERE IN THE USA WHEN PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH WAS IN OFFICE?

Perhaps you are hiding behind a FACADE and your truly are NOT so open minded, bipartisian and fair and balanced as you ATTEMPT to project yourself as being. JUST AN OBSERVATION FROM WHAT I HAVE DERIVED FROM YOUR POSTINGS.

I mean, you have emitted very unkindly and derogatory and judgmental words and opinions to those of us here in the USA who OPPOSE this current administration, AND I, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, CANNOT, TRY AS I MAY, COMPREHEND YOUR TRUE MOTIVATION FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS POSTED HEREIN.......

AND A QUESTION OF EXTREME, AND I DO MEAN EXTREME CURIOSITY, DO YOU GET INVOLVED IN THE POLITICS AND ECONOMY OF THE COUNTRY THAT YOU ACTUALLY RESIDE IN, THE WAY YOU DO IN MY COUNTRY'S POLITICS AND ECONOMY?

QUITE FRANKLY, I AM NOT OF THE LEAST CONCERN OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND THEIR POLICIES.....THE POLITICS OF MY OWN COUNTRY IS WHAT I DESIRE TO IMPROVE AND PARTAKE IN......THAT ALONE IS MORE THAN WHAT ONE CAN HANDLE, LET ALONE TRYING TO TACKLE POLICIES AND ECONOMY OF ANOTHER COUNTRY ..........

SO, AGAIN, WHY THE INTENSITY OF OF INTEREST IN THE USA, AND DO YOU HAVE THE SAME INTENSITY OF INTEREST IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, AND IF NOT, WHY NOT?

OH, BEFORE PEOPLE START SCREAMING IN YOUR DEFENSE, I AM MERELY ASKING WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY....AND, MUCH TO THE DISMAY OF YOU AND OTHERS, I AM ENTITLED TO ENQUIRE OF THIS...

I AM ENTITLED.........RIGHT? RIGHT......flowerforyou

Oh, one last remark, if I may........your facts above are so inacurrate, ridiculous, assinine, and seems to self-created.....as I can find no evidence of the proof and accuracy of your allegations/fact......therefore I ask that you PLEASE PROVIDE THE CURRENT AND CORRECT DATA AND DIRECT SOURCE OF WHERE YOU GOT THIS INFORMATION. OR DID YOU PLAY MAGICIAN AND PULL YOUR REMARKS OUT OF A LITTLE BLACK HAT?

I HAVE NEVER READ SUCH BIZARRE REMARKS AS THOSE YOU MADE ABOVE.....TRULY RIDICULOUS, IN MY OPINION, AND MAY I REMIND YOU EVER SO KINDLY, THAT I AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION, AND LIVING IN A COUNTRY WHICH PROVIDES FREEDOM OF SPEECH THROUGH THE FIRST AMENDMENT OF THE USA CONSTITUION, I AM ALLOWED TO SPEAK MY FREEDOM FREELY AND WITH NO BLOCKAGE OR HINDERANCE OR DENIAL OF SAME FROM ANYONE. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH.......flowerforyou

IT IS ONLY PROPER AND FAIR TO PROVIDE CORRECT INFORMATION ........ YOUR OPINION IS JUST THAT, YOUR OPINION AND YOUR ARE ENTITLED TO IT.flowerforyou

BUT I DO ASK THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM SUCH NEGATIVE REMARKS TOWARDS THOSE OF THE USA WHO ARE IN OPPOSITE OPINION OF YOURS........

I MEAN, I COULD START ON YOUR COUNTRY...........SHALL I START A POST ON YOUR COUNTRY AND EMIT THE SAME NEGATIVENESS AND DISTAIN THAT YOU HAVE PROJECTED TOWARD MY COUNTRY?

THANK YOU EVER SO KINDLY FOR YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER.flowers

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 01:39 AM

The Democrats are not in control. The Republicans are not in control. The industrialists are in control.

Well...........that is a switch in thinking........

Lindyy's photo
Sun 03/07/10 01:28 AM

George bush may have spent a lot of money but I felt like what he was spending it on made sense and would be doing something good for America.We never had these huge job losses,record high foreclosures,and a general sense of hopeless and depression.I think although George bush may have not been popular I felt like the general public did not think he was a man that was interested in destroying America from the ground up like Obama has been doing.

13 months is a long time to get something done.I follow politics pretty close and I am scratching my head to figure out what Obama has done in that time.I know he has spent a tremendous amount of time on this health care bill which the general population largely ignores and could care less about.I know he spent a lot of time and money to give terrorist the same rights Americans have.

I honestly believe if George bush had a third term this county would not be in the mess it is now.

I agree..............

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 09:20 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sat 03/06/10 09:21 PM

~~~

Oh my mistake...I meant "T-bag". Sorry for the confusion...I no longer equate "conservative" with the GOP.

Well, feel free to equate "Conservative" with the GOP because I am very much a REPUBLICAN and PROUD of it............tongue2

And T-bag...........I support the Tea Party movement 100%

So, feel free to call me a T-bag too........flowerforyou

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 08:51 PM

We posted the facts...the RW are sooo ready to blame President Obama for their mistakes...the US suffered the worst I've seen in my lifetime....but it's what RW nutbags do....I recall Jummy Carter who once said:

"Too many of us now tend to worship self-indulgence and consumption. Human identity is no longer defined by what one does but by what one owns"(a)

RESPONSE:

You are actually quoting Carter? OMG......
Perhaps Carter was referring to himself......

AND:

Ummmmmm ARE YOU CALLING ME A 'nutbag' because I am a Right Wing Conservative? NOT NICE TO CALL INDIVIDUALS NAMESnoway noway ......Now I KNOW you do not like to be called 'names'.........

Yeah President Obama inherited a nightmare...I am glad he has plans, the other party...you know the one that OWNS this damage?.............

RESPONSE:

obama has been in office for 13 1/2 months.........it is time to realize that this is HIS nightmare that HE OWNS and created........

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 08:42 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/04/obama-aides-recom

Photo purporting to show Khalid Sheik Mohammed in detention at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. (AP)

Top advisers to President Obama are close to a decision recommending that the self-proclaimed mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks be prosecuted in a military tribunal, The Washington Post reported Friday, citing unnamed administration officials.

According to the report, the president's advisers have grown increasingly wary of bipartisan opposition to the planned civilian federal trial in New York City, mere blocks from where nearly 3,000 Americans were killed in the spectacular attack on the World Trade Center.

White House officials told Fox News that no final decision has been made. The administration has been considering tribunals for the alleged Sept. 11 attack plotters for several weeks. At issue is both the location of the planned trial and the venue.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and prominent state Democrats, who initially embraced Attorney General Eric Holder's decision to try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other conspirators in Manhattan, have since reversed their support for the trial in New York.

The paper said administration officials are privately bracing for backlash from disappointed liberals and some government lawyers should Obama reverse his decision to try the detainees in civilian courts.

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 08:16 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sat 03/06/10 08:25 PM
http://voices.kansascity.com/node/7971

Massa's resignation another blow to reeling Democrats

Eric Massa

By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist

U.S. Rep. Eric Massa made a bad week worse for the Democratic Party on Friday. He resigned, even as the House ethics panel looks into complaints he harassed a male staffer.

Pile Massa's woes on top of the scandal involving Gov. David Paterson and the problems of U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel, and Democrats are reeling.

And this is just what's happening in the state of New York.

Nationally, Republicans are licking their political chops, ready to pounce in the fall elections in their bid to take back Congress. Or at least mount a serious effort to do so.

And even while the GOP and Republican National Committee continue to have their own problems, the Dems this week are suffering the biggest headaches.

While the Massa resignation news came Friday, Paterson remained close to resigning himself.

And for good reasons. He's under ethics investigation for his use of World Series tickets (another reason to hate the Yankees). But his biggest problem his alleged involvement in making sure a domestic violence case didn't go forward against one of his top aides.

Rangel's ethics also are under investigation in Congress, the culmination of years of questionable behavior by the New York Democrat.

But showing that you don't have to be in D.C. a long time for concerns about your moral qualities to show up, Massa's resignation will come before he's completed one term in office.

These are heady days for Republicans, as they watch the train wreck involving high-profile Democrats.

Follow Yael T. Abouhalkah on Twitter

AND:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/02/paterson-resignati

The political world in New York is buzzing that Governor David Paterson may be close to stepping down amid damaging revelations over the role he played in handling a domestic violence case involving a close aide.

The latest story in the New York Times on Monday evening detailed the extent to which Paterson personally directed state officials to contact the alleged victim has pushed the retirement question to the fore. On Tuesday afternoon, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand said that Paterson should resign if the allegations are true: "But if at the end of the day, if all of the allegations of the abuse of power are true, then the governor will be unable to govern and he will have to step down."

Earlier on Tuesday, the governor reportedly convened a meeting with top Democratic officials in the state to ostensibly discuss state and party business. But the topic of impending ethics investigations and their impact on his political future invariably came up (though none of the attendees publicly called for a resignation). Days earlier, a group of prominent black leaders in the state, including Al Sharpton, Congressman Gregory Meeks, and Assemblyman Darryl Towns convened in New York City to discuss the circus erupting in Albany. The pow-wows aren't being held to rally sympathetic lawmakers to Paterson's defense. But rather to plot what, exactly, can be done moving forward.

"He has no constituency. No voting constituency or political constituency," said one well-connected New York Democratic fundraiser. "Plus, this story is not finished. More revelations are going to come out. At some point there will be an avalanche of people calling for his resignation. The question then is, who gets out ahead of this."

At this juncture, it is still very much an open question as to whether Paterson's decision to forgo reelection will be enough to calm the waters. The governor was widely considered ineffectual before the Times began exploring the seedier underpinnings of his reign in Albany. Now, it's difficult to see any legislative business forthcoming.

But it's not just state business at stake. There's also the issue of Paterson's legacy, whatever is left of it to salvage. A Democrat who has worked with the governor's staff insisted that the best course now -- perhaps the only course -- is for him to resign.

"He should convene a press conference, tell his side of the story, and bow out," the strategist said. "Although I think you can safely say far more New Yorkers and observers are now saying 'Who cares what his side is?'"

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 08:02 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100303/ap_on_go_co/us_ethics_rangel

By LARRY MARGASAK (AP) – 3 days ago

WASHINGTON — New York Rep. Charles Rangel temporarily stepped aside as chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee Wednesday as he struggled with mounting ethics woes that left his political future uncertain at best.

Rangel's decision cheered Democrats who feared political fallout affecting their own futures, but did little to satisfy Republicans who had been seeking a formal vote bringing about his temporary removal from the chairmanship.

The 20-term congressman has played a key role in President Barack Obama's attempts to win passage of historic health care legislation. Veteran Rep. Fortney "Pete" Stark of California, the senior Democrat on the panel, will serve as acting chairman.

First elected in 1970, Rangel is among the longest-serving African-American members of Congress, ranking just behind Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., in seniority, and he was a founding member of the Congressional Black Caucus....................

A number of questions have been raised about the 79-year-old Rangel's conduct. Ethics investigators are looking into his use of his official position to raise money for a New York college center to be named after him and his belated disclosure of at least hundreds of thousands of dollars in assets and his use of rent-controlled apartments in New York.

Republicans had been calling for Rangel to step aside since last year, and these demands multiplied after the House ethics panel last Friday released a report accusing him of violating House gift rules in connection with a series of trips he took to the Caribbean.

The panel said that he had violated standards of conduct by accepting 2007 and 2008 trips to Caribbean conferences that were financed by corporations. It said it could not prove whether Rangel knew of the corporate payments but concluded that members of his staff knew about them — and the congressman was responsible for their actions.

For his part, Rangel said he didn't even have "constructive knowledge" of the corporate sponsorship of the trips and couldn't be held responsible for something staff members may have known but which he didn't.

His political problems were compounded by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's promise to drain the swamp of ethics problems after Democrats took over the House — following a 2006 campaign accusing Republicans of fostering a culture of corruption.

Rangel called his news conference Wednesday on short notice, telling reporters, "My chairmanship is bringing so much attention to the press, and in order to avoid my colleagues having to defend me during their elections, I have this morning sent a letter" asking to be granted "a leave of absence until such time as the ethics committee completes its work."

Rangel said later Wednesday that his stepping aside "should take care of the political problem" that other Democrats have as a result of his ethics problems.

"It just seems to me that I should not do anything that would impede the success of other Democrats," he told reporters.

Rep. John Larson, D-Conn., chairman of the House Democratic caucus, said Rangel told a party meeting "There are things that are bigger than yourself,"......

............Pelosi met with Rangel Tuesday night and declined to endorse his continuing on as chairman..............

Rangel has raised considerable money for fellow Democrats. His leadership political action committee raised $2.2 million in the 2008 election cycle and spent $2 million, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. He also raises money through a Rangel Victory Fund.

Republican campaign officials have started criticizing individual Democrats for holding on to chunks of campaign contributions that resulted from Rangel's fundraising.

As an example of his eroding support, several Democratic House members said they were giving campaign donations affiliated with Rangel away to charity.

_Ann Kirkpatrick of Arizona is giving up $14,000; Debbie Halvorson of Illinois, $16,000; and Jim Himes of Connecticut, $16,000.

Rangel set up the Rangel Victory Fund, to raise cash for his House campaign and for the political action committee. In 2009, most of its fundraising benefited Rangel's campaign. The Rangel Victory Fund steered at least $479,000 to Rangel's House campaign and roughly $70,000 to his National Leadership PAC last year.

The National Leadership PAC directed $10,000 to Democratic congressional candidates: $2,000 to Senate candidate Michael Capuano of Massachusetts and $1,000 each to New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand and Reps. Jim Himes of Connecticut, Debbie Halvorson of Illinois and Gary Peters of Michigan and New York Reps. Michael McMahon, Carolyn Maloney, Dan Maffei and Eric Massa. The fund spent at least $60,000 last year on a birthday gala fundraiser Rangel held at the historic Tavern on the Green restaurant in New York.

Associated Press writers Sharon Theimer, Stephen Ohlemacher, Alan Fram and Ann Sanner contributed to this report.

LOOKS LIKE 'CHARLIES' GOOD 'N PLENTY DOES NOT TASTE TOO GOOD.......

Lindyy's photo
Sat 03/06/10 07:30 PM

As Lady 'lindyy' orders you all : Be honest and GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

P.S.: I also trust that the Lady will follow her own counsel form this point onward.

My dear Mr. V........Lady Lindyy ordered nothing........to anyone.....and I did not counsel anyone on anything........I merely, simply, quite explicitly, expressed a desire for..............

Mr. V. ..............you seem quite on edge tonight..........I do hope you are feeling quite well........your eloquent verbage seems to be amiss tonight...........

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25