Community > Posts By > Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 07:21 AM

just go live in Amsterdam they dont care n u can smoke all the weed u want!!!!! USA are nothin but a hypocrite country!!!!!

You missed the recent reports this week over what is taking place in Amsterdam....the whole "let us ease up" attitude has blown up in the government's face and Amsterdam is NOW TAKING A MORE CONSERVATIVE STAND ON THIS ISSUE..............

"AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - Amsterdam unveiled plans Saturday to close brothels, sex shops and marijuana cafes in its ancient city center as part of a major effort to drive organized crime out of the tourist haven.

The city is targeting businesses that "generate criminality," including gambling parlors, and the so-called "coffee shops" where marijuana is sold openly. Also targeted are peep shows, massage parlors and souvenir shops used by drug dealers for money-laundering.

"I think that the new reality will be more in line with our image as a tolerant and crazy place, rather than a free zone for criminals" said Lodewijk Asscher, a city council member and one of the main proponents of the plan.

The news comes just one day after Amsterdam's mayor said he would search for loopholes in new rules laid down by the national government that would close marijuana cafes near schools citywide. The measures announced Saturday would affect about 36 coffee shops in the center itself - a little less than 20 percent of the city total."

great now crime is going to sky rocket thereindifferent

That is why Amsterdam is cracking down.....because of the crime the prior governmental attitude used to have.

Lindyy
:heart:

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 07:20 AM

As the U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to accept its responsibiliy by reviewing and ruling on the dilemma surrounding the "legalized" descrimination of millions of Homosexual citizens, the States wage war with their own citizens and between each other.

As to date, to my understanding....nothing has been put into place to make "legalized" discrimination against anything......

www.supemecourtus.gov:

"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW”—These words,
written above the main entrance to the Supreme
Court Building, express the ultimate responsibility of
the Supreme Court of the United States. The Court is
the highest tribunal in the Nation for all cases and
controversies arising under the Constitution or the
laws of the United States. As the final arbiter of the
law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American
people the promise of equal justice under law and,
thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of
the Constitution.
The Supreme Court is “distinctly American in concept
and function,” as Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes
observed. Few other courts in the world have the same
authority of constitutional interpretation and none have
exercised it for as long or with as much influence. A
century and a half ago, the French political observer
Alexis de Tocqueville noted the unique position of the
Supreme Court in the history of nations and of jurisprudence.
“The representative system of government
has been adopted in several states of Europe,” he remarked,
“but I am unaware that any nation of the globe
has hitherto organized a judicial power in the same
manner as the Americans. . . . A more imposing judicial
power was never constituted by any people.”
The unique position of the Supreme Court stems, in
large part, from the deep commitment of the American
people to the Rule of Law and to constitutional government.
The United States has demonstrated an unprecedented
determination to preserve and protect its
written Constitution, thereby providing the American “experiment in democracy” with the
oldest written Constitution still in force.
The Constitution of the United States is a carefully balanced document. It is designed
to provide for a national government sufficiently strong and flexible to meet the needs of
the republic, yet sufficiently limited and just to protect the guaranteed rights of citizens;
it permits a balance between society’s need for order and the individual’s right to freedom.
To assure these ends, the Framers of the Constitution created three independent and
coequal branches of government. That this Constitution has provided continuous democratic
government through the periodic stresses of more than two centuries illustrates the
genius of the American system of government.
The complex role of the Supreme Court in this system derives from its authority to
invalidate legislation or executive actions which, in the Court’s considered judgment,
conflict with the Constitution. This power of “judicial review” has given the Court a crucial
responsibility in assuring individual rights, as well as in maintaining a “living Constitution”
whose broad provisions are continually applied to complicated new situations.
While the function of judicial review is not explicitly provided in the Constitution, it
had been anticipated before the adoption of that document. Prior to 1789, state courts had
already overturned legislative acts which conflicted with state constitutions. Moreover,
many of the Founding Fathers expected the Supreme Court to assume this role in regard
to the Constitution; Alexander Hamilton and James Madison, for example, had underlined
the importance of judicial review in the Federalist Papers, which urged adoption of the
Constitution.

AND from same website:

The Court and Its Procedures
A Term of the Supreme Court begins, by statute, on the first Monday in October.
Usually Court sessions continue until late June or early July. The Term is divided between
“sittings,” when the Justices hear cases and deliver opinions, and intervening “recesses,”
when they consider the business before the Court and write opinions. Sittings and recesses
alternate at approximately two-week intervals.
With rare exceptions, each side is allowed 30 minutes argument and up to 24 cases
may be argued at one sitting. Since the majority of cases involve the review of a decision of
some other court, there is no jury and no witnesses are heard. For each case, the Court has
before it a record of prior proceedings and printed briefs containing the arguments of each
side.
During the intervening recess period, the Justices study the argued and forthcoming
cases and work on their opinions. Each week the Justices must also evaluate more than
130 petitions seeking review of judgments of state and federal courts to determine which
cases are to be granted full review with oral arguments by attorneys.
When the Court is sitting, public sessions begin promptly at 10 a.m. and continue until
3 p.m., with a one-hour lunch recess starting at noon. No public sessions are held on
Thursdays or Fridays. On Fridays during and preceding argument weeks, the Justices
meet to discuss the argued cases and to discuss and vote on petitions for review.
When the Court is in session, the 10 a.m. entrance of the Justices into the Courtroom
is announced by the Marshal. Those present, at the sound of the gavel, arise and remain
standing until the robed Justices are seated following the traditional chant: “The Honorable,
the Chief Justice and the Associate Justices of the Supreme Court of the United
States. Oyez! Oyez! Oyez! All persons having business before the Honorable, the Supreme
Court of the United States, are admonished to draw near and give their attention, for the
Court is now sitting. God save the United States and this Honorable Court!”
Prior to hearing oral argument, other business of the Court is transacted. On Monday
mornings this includes the release of an Order List, a public report of Court actions including
the acceptance and rejection of cases, and the admission of new members to the
Court Bar. Opinions are typically released on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings and on
the third Monday of each sitting, when the Court takes the Bench but no arguments are
heard.
The Court maintains this schedule each Term until all cases ready for submission have
been heard and decided. In May and June the Court sits only to announce orders and
opinions. The Court recesses at the end of June, but the work of the Justices is unceasing.
During the summer they continue to analyze new petitions for review, consider motions and
applications, and must make preparations for cases scheduled for fall argument.

[The foregoing was taken from a booklet prepared by the Supreme Court of the United States,
and published with funding from the Supreme Court Historical Society

So, people, perhaps now you can understand the workings of the US Supreme Court better and stop 'opining' of why it does or does not hear a case.

Lindyy

OH AND PLEASE NOTE THE WORD "INTERPRETATION" OF THE "US CONSTITUTION".

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 06:54 AM

just go live in Amsterdam they dont care n u can smoke all the weed u want!!!!! USA are nothin but a hypocrite country!!!!!

You missed the recent reports this week over what is taking place in Amsterdam....the whole "let us ease up" attitude has blown up in the government's face and Amsterdam is NOW TAKING A MORE CONSERVATIVE STAND ON THIS ISSUE..............

"AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - Amsterdam unveiled plans Saturday to close brothels, sex shops and marijuana cafes in its ancient city center as part of a major effort to drive organized crime out of the tourist haven.

The city is targeting businesses that "generate criminality," including gambling parlors, and the so-called "coffee shops" where marijuana is sold openly. Also targeted are peep shows, massage parlors and souvenir shops used by drug dealers for money-laundering.

"I think that the new reality will be more in line with our image as a tolerant and crazy place, rather than a free zone for criminals" said Lodewijk Asscher, a city council member and one of the main proponents of the plan.

The news comes just one day after Amsterdam's mayor said he would search for loopholes in new rules laid down by the national government that would close marijuana cafes near schools citywide. The measures announced Saturday would affect about 36 coffee shops in the center itself - a little less than 20 percent of the city total."

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 06:47 AM

As the U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to accept its responsibiliy by reviewing and ruling on the dilemma surrounding the "legalized" descrimination of millions of Homosexual citizens, the States wage war with their own citizens and between each other.

Google and find out just what the US Supreme court is obligated to review....It only takes cases where it is felt that the lower courts erred in its findings......

It is the highest court in the USA and cannot be interpreting every single case that has entered any level of the judicial system......the case MUST have MERIT to be heard before the US Supreme court................

Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Mon 12/08/08 06:43 PM

I think Clinton could have had multiple BJ's daily and still come out with a better legacy than Bush will.

Clinton is still loved and respected all over the world. We can't say that about Bush. If he hadn't treated us all with such contempt I might have had reason to feel differently. I don't like feeling ashamed of my president.

Btw CAt, what goes around absolutely comes around.

:wink:

I agree.

THAT is EXTREMELY DEBATABLE!!!!

To 'coin' a phrase from obama's spouse:

THREE TIMES I HAVE BEEN ASHAMED OF MY COUNTRY: (1) The disrespect to our Viet Nam Veterans, (2) Clinton's disrespect for oval office - sexual affairs, (3) the obamas and liberals.

Lindyy

so you were proud of our country when we segragated blacks?
Or when we tourterd japanees during WW2?

only three times, huh.....

LET ME REFRESH YOUR MEMORY......THE JAPANESE ATTACKED THE UNITED STATES....PEARL HARBOR......

VERY PATRIOTIC OF YOU.................

Lindyy's photo
Mon 12/08/08 05:29 PM

I think Clinton could have had multiple BJ's daily and still come out with a better legacy than Bush will.

Clinton is still loved and respected all over the world. We can't say that about Bush. If he hadn't treated us all with such contempt I might have had reason to feel differently. I don't like feeling ashamed of my president.

Btw CAt, what goes around absolutely comes around.

:wink:

I agree.

THAT is EXTREMELY DEBATABLE!!!!

To 'coin' a phrase from obama's spouse:

THREE TIMES I HAVE BEEN ASHAMED OF MY COUNTRY: (1) The disrespect to our Viet Nam Veterans, (2) Clinton's disrespect for oval office - sexual affairs, (3) the obamas and liberals.

Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Mon 12/08/08 02:12 PM

it was by Fleetwood Mac...."Don't Stop" .....perhaps Stevie was referring to something she and billy boy had in common....cocaine!:laughing: :laughing: well....at least it was his campaign theme....which makes it worse.....:laughing:

Cocaine? Me thinks you should read the lyrics. I have never heard of Clinton doing coke though Bush has been linked to it.

Clinton Suffers from Disease of Coke Addicts

Clinton has refused to release his full medical records. Only two brief and evasive "summaries" have been shown to the press. There are growing demands, even from the normally friendly daily press, that Clinton come forth with his medical records like Bob Dole.

A top congressional staffer has revealed to this publication that Clinton has been treated for an illness called a "perforated septum." This is a medical condition caused by the heavy and prolonged use of cocaine.

This condition occurs when the cartilage separating the two passages of the nose is eaten away from the frequent inhalation of cocaine. The divider, or septum, is literally burned away by the drub. Such a condition can only be treated through delicate surgery.

Longtime Clinton mistress Sally Perdue has publicly stated that she saw Clinton prepare a "line" of cocaine in her living room. She said that Clinton was no amateur, "he had all of the equipment laid out, like a real pro." Despite having his closest aids sworn to secrecy, this damning information on Clinton has finally leaked out.

Sam Donaldson Quotes Clinton Press Secretary Mike McCurry

On the David Brinkley TV show aired Sunday, September 15, Sam Donaldson stated that rumors were flying in Washington over the hidden item in Clinton's medical records. Donaldson repeated the evasive but unwittingly revealing reply given by White House Press Secretary Mike McCurry in justifying this secrecy on Clinton's records. He claimed that Clinton had not revealed his complete medical records because it would be "embarrassing." Sensing his poor choice of words (for Clinton), McCurry hurriedly changed that word to "confidential."

AND:

Dole Camp Seeks Disclosure Of Clinton's Medical Records
By TIM WEINER
Published: August 22, 1996

The Bob Dole campaign said today that President Clinton should make all of his medical records public, as Mr. Dole has, and not just summaries of his annual physical examinations.

Mr. Clinton turned 50 this week and generally gives the outward appearance of being, in the words of his White House spokesman, Michael D. McCurry, ''a healthy 50-year-old white male'' with a healthy appetite and a few extra pounds to show for it.

But Mr. Clinton has not agreed to an interview about his health, as has Mr. Dole, who is 73 and partly disabled from his World War II wounds.

Today, the Dole camp made an issue of Mr. Clinton's apparent reluctance to fully disclose the details of his records. ''Why won't the President of the United States provide the American people with a full accounting of his medical history and records?'' Mr. Dole's spokesman, Nelson Warfield, asked in a written statement. ''After all, as Bill Clinton's White House has proven time and again, partial disclosure is no disclosure at all.''

The health of Presidents has long been an issue, but gained currency after President Dwight D. Eisenhower's heart attack more than 40 years ago. Since then, the public has been privy to details -- sometimes more than many people wanted to know -- about problems like Lyndon B. Johnson's gall-bladder surgery and Ronald Reagan's gunshot wounds and his cancer.

But Mr. Clinton's relative reticence on the subject, along with the challenge raised by the Dole campaign, prompted questions and requests for the President's medical files at today's White House briefing.

Mr. McCurry responded by disclosing some of Mr. Clinton's most recent results, including his cholesterol count, his pulse rate, his blood pressure and his hemoglobin, and white blood cell and platelet count, all of which were normal.

Mr. McCurry was then asked by The New York Times why Mr. Clinton would not submit to an interview with its medical reporter, Dr. Lawrence K. Altman, as Presidents Bush and Reagan did, and as Mr. Dole has done.

AND:

Clinton uttered the quote during a January 26, 1998, White House press conference when allegations were running high regarding an alleged sexual relationship between himself and Monica Lewinsky, a White House intern. At the conclusion of the press conference, Clinton said:[1]

“ Now, I have to go back to work on my State of the Union speech, and I worked on it until pretty late last night. But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false, and I need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you. ”

AND: Wikipedia:

The nature of the statement was called into question within hours when a skeptical reporter noted to White House press secretary Mike McCurry that the term "sexual relations" can be defined as meaning coitus, and asked whether the President and Lewinsky had been engaging in other forms of sex. McCurry replied, "I think every American that heard him knows exactly what he meant with the question. He didn't leave any ambiguity in it whatsoever."[2] The controversy deepened when Clinton was revealed, in fact, to have had sexual contact with Lewinsky, although the issue remained a semantic one as to whether the words "sexual relations" includes oral sex. This and related disputes would lead to the impeachment of Bill Clinton and the settlement and conclusion of the legal case with Paula Jones.

slaphead slaphead

could have posted same cocaine suspicion about Bush but i had class.

OH, are you saying I do not have 'class' because I posted the truth?:angry: Not a very nice thing to do or implynoway noway

All of the bashing on here towards President Bush...why should anyone mind when the tide is turned and facts are posted about the left wing, liberals and democrats?

As ususal...."do as I say, not as I do" mantra...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Mon 12/08/08 07:38 AM

It's not my attitude that I'm worried about !...LOL...grumble ...

blushing Gio:angel:
Your attitude is perfect.....:thumbsup:

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 08:28 PM

Marriage sucks!

rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

Not if you're with the right person.:smile:

I agree with Winxflowerforyou .....I have not given up....kind of doubt....but still hope......

:heart: :heart:

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 07:07 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sun 12/07/08 07:15 PM

it was by Fleetwood Mac...."Don't Stop" .....perhaps Stevie was referring to something she and billy boy had in common....cocaine!:laughing: :laughing: well....at least it was his campaign theme....which makes it worse.....:laughing:

Cocaine? Me thinks you should read the lyrics. I have never heard of Clinton doing coke though Bush has been linked to it.

Clinton Suffers from Disease of Coke Addicts

Clinton has refused to release his full medical records. Only two brief and evasive "summaries" have been shown to the press. There are growing demands, even from the normally friendly daily press, that Clinton come forth with his medical records like Bob Dole.

A top congressional staffer has revealed to this publication that Clinton has been treated for an illness called a "perforated septum." This is a medical condition caused by the heavy and prolonged use of cocaine.

This condition occurs when the cartilage separating the two passages of the nose is eaten away from the frequent inhalation of cocaine. The divider, or septum, is literally burned away by the drub. Such a condition can only be treated through delicate surgery.

Longtime Clinton mistress Sally Perdue has publicly stated that she saw Clinton prepare a "line" of cocaine in her living room. She said that Clinton was no amateur, "he had all of the equipment laid out, like a real pro." Despite having his closest aids sworn to secrecy, this damning information on Clinton has finally leaked out.

Sam Donaldson Quotes Clinton Press Secretary Mike McCurry

On the David Brinkley TV show aired Sunday, September 15, Sam Donaldson stated that rumors were flying in Washington over the hidden item in Clinton's medical records. Donaldson repeated the evasive but unwittingly revealing reply given by White House Press Secretary Mike McCurry in justifying this secrecy on Clinton's records. He claimed that Clinton had not revealed his complete medical records because it would be "embarrassing." Sensing his poor choice of words (for Clinton), McCurry hurriedly changed that word to "confidential."

AND:

Dole Camp Seeks Disclosure Of Clinton's Medical Records
By TIM WEINER
Published: August 22, 1996

The Bob Dole campaign said today that President Clinton should make all of his medical records public, as Mr. Dole has, and not just summaries of his annual physical examinations.

Mr. Clinton turned 50 this week and generally gives the outward appearance of being, in the words of his White House spokesman, Michael D. McCurry, ''a healthy 50-year-old white male'' with a healthy appetite and a few extra pounds to show for it.

But Mr. Clinton has not agreed to an interview about his health, as has Mr. Dole, who is 73 and partly disabled from his World War II wounds.

Today, the Dole camp made an issue of Mr. Clinton's apparent reluctance to fully disclose the details of his records. ''Why won't the President of the United States provide the American people with a full accounting of his medical history and records?'' Mr. Dole's spokesman, Nelson Warfield, asked in a written statement. ''After all, as Bill Clinton's White House has proven time and again, partial disclosure is no disclosure at all.''

The health of Presidents has long been an issue, but gained currency after President Dwight D. Eisenhower's heart attack more than 40 years ago. Since then, the public has been privy to details -- sometimes more than many people wanted to know -- about problems like Lyndon B. Johnson's gall-bladder surgery and Ronald Reagan's gunshot wounds and his cancer.

But Mr. Clinton's relative reticence on the subject, along with the challenge raised by the Dole campaign, prompted questions and requests for the President's medical files at today's White House briefing.

Mr. McCurry responded by disclosing some of Mr. Clinton's most recent results, including his cholesterol count, his pulse rate, his blood pressure and his hemoglobin, and white blood cell and platelet count, all of which were normal.

Mr. McCurry was then asked by The New York Times why Mr. Clinton would not submit to an interview with its medical reporter, Dr. Lawrence K. Altman, as Presidents Bush and Reagan did, and as Mr. Dole has done.

AND:

Clinton uttered the quote during a January 26, 1998, White House press conference when allegations were running high regarding an alleged sexual relationship between himself and Monica Lewinsky, a White House intern. At the conclusion of the press conference, Clinton said:[1]

“ Now, I have to go back to work on my State of the Union speech, and I worked on it until pretty late last night. But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false, and I need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you. ”

AND: Wikipedia:

The nature of the statement was called into question within hours when a skeptical reporter noted to White House press secretary Mike McCurry that the term "sexual relations" can be defined as meaning coitus, and asked whether the President and Lewinsky had been engaging in other forms of sex. McCurry replied, "I think every American that heard him knows exactly what he meant with the question. He didn't leave any ambiguity in it whatsoever."[2] The controversy deepened when Clinton was revealed, in fact, to have had sexual contact with Lewinsky, although the issue remained a semantic one as to whether the words "sexual relations" includes oral sex. This and related disputes would lead to the impeachment of Bill Clinton and the settlement and conclusion of the legal case with Paula Jones.

slaphead slaphead

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 04:22 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sun 12/07/08 04:23 PM

everyone has the right to express their opinions in this country...rrriiiggghhhhhttttt? not if the opinion police get their way. I really did appreciate one thing espedially about bill clinton, His choice of opening songs at the inaugural ball. anyone remember what that was?

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 03:19 PM

anyone who can't do that should take a long hard look at the words "judge not, lest thou be judged"! luv ya all

You are right, "judge not least ye be judged"......EVERYONE should take a long hard look at that......

Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 03:17 PM

The Religious right is doing nothing wrong or unconstitutional or different than what the left wing liberals have done over the past years.....

The "religious right" as you put it, are simply standing up for what they believe in (which they/we have a right to do, it is our country too), just as the non-relgious left has done.....

Lindyy

the religious right will not be happy until they have everyone believe what they do and until public book burnnings are brought back.

And I feel the same way about the non-religious left.

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 01:42 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sun 12/07/08 01:44 PM
The Religious right is doing nothing wrong or unconstitutional or different than what the left wing liberals have done over the past years.....

The "religious right" as you put it, are simply standing up for what they believe in (which they/we have a right to do, it is our country too), just as the non-relgious left has done.....

Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 12:52 PM

It is also their job to ensure that the laws congress passes are fair to all.

That can only be done if a case is brought before the courts....and the (well, I am referring to the Supreme Court now) court "Interprets"....

All law suits, legal actions are based on the laws of all different types even down to Wills, deeds....etc....everything is governed by a law....

What people do not realize is that basically, laws are there to protect and keep civility and order...... ex: can you imagine the chaos over someone's estate if certain laws were not set into place? People would be stealing from the estate before the deceased were even buried.....

Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 12:38 PM

I am not judging I am merely defending the constitution which I cherish! I have 3 books here at my desk within arms reach, "PCs for dummies" "Windows xp for dummies" & "Miracle at Phildelpia"

I need the "PCs for Dummies" book. I need one for Vista too.

you mean the Constitution that grants the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to all and the one that says all citizens are equal?

*edited due to a blond moment lol
Sadly, that is the one of which they speak. Even more sad. The supreme court has ruled on too many occasions that this document is up to interpretation.

The judicial branch is set up to INTERPRET laws.....ALL laws of the USA, federal, state, local....even constitutional laws..... I thought people knew that was the purpose of the judicial branch......

THAT is why it is IMPORTANT to get judges who INTERPRET the law NOT CREATE laws, that is the job of the legislative branch......

LINDYY

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 12:30 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sun 12/07/08 12:32 PM

Lindyy, can you name one genuinely conservative act Bush did as president? I'm talking traditionally conservative. The closest answer I've got to this question, after asking people for the last 6 years, is his tax cuts, but they more or less amount to corporate welfare.

Ban on partial birth abortion....you know....where the doctor turns the baby around and pulls the baby out breach, feet first......till only the head remains in the mother's body.....then stabs a hole in the baby's neck and then gets a suction tube and SUCKS OUT THE BABY'S BRAINS?

The act that obama and clinton both are for....do not tell me about 'saving the mother's life' I shall not go into detail about what is done to her for the doctor to be able to reach in and turn the baby around feet first....google and find out.......but that alone COULD KILL A WOMAN..... but pray tell......where can doing that brutal act justify anything?

You said one.......

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 12:14 PM

I am not judging I am merely defending the constitution which I cherish! I have 3 books here at my desk within arms reach, "PCs for dummies" "Windows xp for dummies" & "Miracle at Phildelpia"

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Lindyy's photo
Sun 12/07/08 12:11 PM

I just don't understand what the real objection here is. I personally am not gay, but I still respect the rights of others to live as they wish. Seeing as how most marriages in the U.S. end in divorce anyway, what is the big deal. Does any bible thumping bigot really think they are going to be able to keep there little darling kids from ever being exposed to what is going on the the world. Good luck with that, when the police find your child locked in a room somewhere you will go to prison for the rest of your natural life. Get real people. The constitution is a piece of paper that has been used and abused for over two hundred years to divide and conquer the common people with. God does not discriminate as to whom he shall judge, what in the hell gives a man the right to do so in Gods name. Yes, a "marriage" (which is nothing more than a piece of paper in mans eye's anyway) should be accepted by the IRS, insurance companies and so on. Otherwise, we as Americans should see to it that the constitution is exposed for what it is, bull*hit!

:thumbsup: flowerforyou

huh sick

Lindyy's photo
Sat 12/06/08 04:24 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Sat 12/06/08 04:36 PM

Sometimes the word "SNEAKY" is not a bad thing. For a ninja perhaps it's a compliment. And I don't think I need to point out that Freddy's music was pretty obviously flambouant (also no a bad word) though no less provoacative and entertaining.

I do love Queen and though I may not have been around when they first started out that doesn't make me any less of a fan then you Lindyy. I did see the documentary on Freddy and watched it from beginning to end- twice.

He was amazing but I think Boo said it better then me when she pointed out the being a fan bit not at all accepting of the issues he faced in his day to day life is sort of...lame.

I mean...especially since the experiences a person goes through- go into shaping who they are just the same as morals and anything you learn through out your life. Facts are Freddy was gay and most people (who are empathetic or who understand what trials he would have gone through) wouldn't have him any other way.

WHO said I did not accept the issues he faced? Here I am, upholding and supporting Freddie.....loving him from beginning to end....following his career....studying his music and complex writing.....and to speak out against someone who calls him "SNEAKY" well......I call it LAME to resort to the word "Sneaky" as that in itself is defaming him.....and I find it rather hypocritical.......

Lindyy
Just do not understand people who "DO NOT GET IT"
frustrated

FREDDIE MERCURY:
My "talk" with Freddie (By LINDYY):

I asked him to find me SOMEBODY TO LOVE, he answered is it not enough that YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND and that FRIENDS WILL BE FRIENDS RIGHT TO THE VERY END?

He said to me DON’T TRY SO HARD as I screamed back that I am so much UNDER PRESSURE - WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER? He compassionately reminded me that ’today is our forever’ and with such compassion in his voice and soul said he understood that IT’S A HARD LIFE but said THE SHOW MUST GO ON.

He opined that THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES and as he sang in his awesome voice that "sometimes I get to feeling I was back in the old days, long ago, when we were kids when we were young. Things seemed so perfect, you know, the days were endless we were crazy we were young. The sun was always shining, we just lived for fun. Those were the days of our lives, the bad things in life were so few. You can't turn back the clock you can't turn back the tide...No use in sitting and thinking on what you did. These days are all gone now but some things remain, when I look and I find no change - but that one thing's still true, when I look and I find... I still love you."

Freddie said to SPREAD MY WINGS and to RIDE THE WILD WIND, that the ride would be A KIND OF MAGIC. Freddie took his awesome stance and said 'listen to me' while I sing this song for you, A WINTER’S TALE and let it rest in your heart.

My beloved Freddie Mercury, always in my heart.....Lindyy

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25