Community > Posts By > Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 06:59 PM

I'm going to open a can of worms here. I'm going to talk religion. I don't usually do that.

This is my opinion:

God made everything and everybody. That means that God made hermaphrodites, gay people and straight people.

God DID NOT CREATE SIN..........MAN DID.........

I wasn't talking about sin.

so hermaphordites are just sinning by being born that way?
Did god make them?
Why would he do that?
your logic breaks down very quick.

I don't think hermaphrodites are sinning!!!noway They were born that way.

that comment was'nt directed at you thats why i put that little diclamer at the end. sorry if i wasnt more clear. i jacked up the post. it was meant for the comment about god not creating sin man did.

I saw the edit after I posted my reply. Then I had to eat dinner.bigsmile

GOD DID NOT CREATE SIN.....MAN CREATED SIN.... Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Lindyy

I didn't say anything about anybody sinning!!! Why is that so hard to comprehend?

If one does not want to believe in God...don't....if one does not want to follow God's instructions.....don't.....it is not my problem......

Man created sin....God says homosexuality, immoral sex, immoral behavior is a sin.....if you do not like it take it up with God......it is HIS world HE created it....tell Him your complaints....

Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 06:45 PM

I'm going to open a can of worms here. I'm going to talk religion. I don't usually do that.

This is my opinion:

God made everything and everybody. That means that God made hermaphrodites, gay people and straight people.

I wasn't talking about sin.

so hermaphordites are just sinning by being born that way?
Did god make them?
Why would he do that?
your logic breaks down very quick.

I don't think hermaphrodites are sinning!!!noway They were born that way.

that comment was'nt directed at you thats why i put that little diclamer at the end. sorry if i wasnt more clear. i jacked up the post. it was meant for the comment about god not creating sin man did.

I saw the edit after I posted my reply. Then I had to eat dinner.bigsmile

GOD DID NOT CREATE SIN.....MAN CREATED SIN.... Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:54 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Tue 12/09/08 05:54 PM

Lindyy says: I have God on MY SIDE!

I'm happy for you, again, must be nice, Lindyy, you have god on your side, the laws in your favor, really really must be a good feeling. I sincerely understand why you wouldn't want to have to share that with just anyone......

I have found favor in the eyes of God through my acceptance of His son as my Lord and Saviour.....that is all that matters to me..........

Lindyy
:heart:

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:48 PM

they all know what's really happening in they're system, and hope they don't get caught...that's all.mad devil laugh

Yes, they all know, and obama's name was mentioned 44 times in the indictment against the Illinois Governor, and obama discussed with this governor and gave him his (obama's) choice, but this governor said that obama did not "offer" him anything to have his (obama's) choice appointed to his (obama's) senatatorial seat......oh obama carries soooooooooooooooooooooo much corruption around with him.....................

Oh, I know......obama had noooooooooooooooooo idea....................right, and I am Santa Claus....

Please show the link to the indictment that says that Obama knew this.

Obama does NOT carry sooooooooooooooooooooo much corruption around with him.frustrated

I need to make a correction....Criminal Complaint...not indictment....that is forthcoming and obama WILL have to testify....

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:47 PM

they all know what's really happening in they're system, and hope they don't get caught...that's all.mad devil laugh

Yes, they all know, and obama's name was mentioned 44 times in the indictment against the Illinois Governor, and obama discussed with this governor and gave him his (obama's) choice, but this governor said that obama did not "offer" him anything to have his (obama's) choice appointed to his (obama's) senatatorial seat......oh obama carries soooooooooooooooooooooo much corruption around with him.....................

Oh, I know......obama had noooooooooooooooooo idea....................right, and I am Santa Claus....

I don't believe Obama knew... he has entirely to much at risk to get involved in such things. He's not an idiot.

Sure, and he did not know about rev. Wright, Bill Ayers..........rofl rofl rofl

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:43 PM

This is my opinion:

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:41 PM

Do you justify how the American military POW's were tortured in that same war? How about how our POW's were tortured in Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan?

Do you approve of that? DO YOU APPROVE OF HOW OUR TROOPS WERE BEHEADED, BODIES RAVAGED AND DISMEMBERED, BEHEADED IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN?

Why not support our troops instead of belittling them?

This has been on the news, some people just want to dismiss it or say they deserved it....my neighbor's son who was killed in April in Iraq, told of what took place in Iraq....so I have first hand knowledge...

Such pathetic pity that our troops are treated with such disrepect.....

Lindyy

Ummm....where did I ever say that I approved of other countries' form of torture? Ummm...where did I say that I didn't support our troops? Sheesh.

The topic I was talking about was how we treated Japanese-Americans after the Pearl Harbor attack. Your post takes through every war since that event.

You Never COMMENTED on how POWs and USA troops were tortured........so I can assume that you approve of it.........

Thanks for putting words into my mouth.slaphead frustrated

Well then once again I put before you .... "Why not support our troops instead of belittling them?"

Do you or do you not support the military of the USA who has fought and sacrificed their lives for us over the centuries, decades....?

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:37 PM

Christianity.....ALWAYS getting attacked.

AND, Christians are very upset...............and more upset that you don't have a clue why.

YES BOTH CHRISTIANS AND CHRISTIANITY ARE CONSTANTLY ATTACKED IN THIS FORUM.....JUST READ THE POSTS............

dang Lindy...I see you're still hanging in their...lol...good luck...you'll need it...:smile:

YEP!!!
ROMANS 8:31....
31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

I have GOD on MY SIDE!flowers

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 05:12 PM

Because christians keep wanting to turn their views into my laws.

Oh, NOW I understand-YOUR laws..............NOT the laws of the USA....

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:54 PM

Do you justify how the American military POW's were tortured in that same war? How about how our POW's were tortured in Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan?

Do you approve of that? DO YOU APPROVE OF HOW OUR TROOPS WERE BEHEADED, BODIES RAVAGED AND DISMEMBERED, BEHEADED IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN?

This has been on the news, some people just want to dismiss it or say they deserved it....my neighbor's son who was killed in April in Iraq, told of what took place in Iraq....so I have first hand knowledge...

Lindyy

Ummm....where did I ever say that I approved of other countries' form of torture? Ummm...where did I say that I didn't support our troops? Sheesh.

The topic I was talking about was how we treated Japanese-Americans after the Pearl Harbor attack. Your post takes through every war since that event.

You Never COMMENTED on how POWs and USA troops were tortured........so I can assume that you approve of it.........

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:50 PM

Lyndee you can say what you want, no one will stop you. But when you make political moves to get gay marriage banned, that is asking the government to create a law to endorse a religious perspective . . . which is forbidden by our constitution and rightly so.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONGnoway noway noway noway

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:45 PM
Edited by Lindyy on Tue 12/09/08 04:46 PM

Might we be angry with the lack of willingness to reconsider some of the teachings that have caused so much pain in those that don't believe as you do, etc?. Or the unwillingness to acknowledge that slavery and wife beating and other atrocities in the bible were wrong to condone, and that it is very possible that because they were condoned that you might also have been believing bad information about people like gays that you really know nothing about?

Do you have any idea how many young kids have taken their own lives because they have no one to go to with their secret that they were gay? I personally blame religion for their lost lives and self righteous followers who assume the know the mind of God. I blame religion for forcing men and women to be given no choice but to marry only to have to divorce years later because they could not longer deny who they were.

The church blames the gay partner for not being honest. But the church put them in that position in the first place by demanding that they obey god..

If they wanted to be accepted by their church and family they had to be something they were not. Do you know how many young people are thrown from their homes with no ability to care for themselves because their Christian parents disown them?

Is that Christianity being attacked? Or is it the followers, or both?

Yes we are upset, and more upset that you don't have a clue why...

AND, Christians are very upset...............and more upset that you don't have a clue why.

YES BOTH CHRISTIANS AND CHRISTIANITY ARE CONSTANTLY ATTACKED IN THIS FORUM.....JUST READ THE POSTS............

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 04:43 PM

I'm against it also.How does two gay guys explain to their adopted children where babies come from?I also don't believe you are born that way.Scientest have done much research on this issue and have never concluded that a person is born gay.If you are telling me you are born gay then you are basically saying that this person is incapable of loving someone from the opposite sex.Anyone can love someone.

All behaviors are linked to the chemistry and function of the brain and its protein synthesis.

I dont know why anyone would think attraction is any different.

I couldn't find the study I really wanted to find, that showed a particular protein that is encoded within men and woman. But the only men that have it are gay, and the woman who have it are nymphos. Basically this protein receptor increases the desire for the masculine characteristics.

You know what is funny (at least to me), before I started studying to be a scientist I really have to admit to being a bit of a homophobe, I think its developed as any heterosexual male during adolescence.

However as I have learned more and more about physiology I really cant judge people based on behavior like I once did.

To understand (generally speaking) is to accept.

Here are some articles I found. I will see if I can find the one I mentioned above and post it, because that really was the clincher for me.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080617151845.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080628205430.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080103135205.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/06/030613075252.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080708173226.htm

The last one is not on homosexuality, but is on chemicals within the brain and how they effect behavior so to me it is relevant.

Keep your beliefs from effecting other peoples lives and your beliefs wont come into it.

AND, I say: Keep your beliefs from effecting other peoples lives and your beliefs wont come into it.

First Amendment of the USA Constitution, freedom of speech and religion applies to everyone, NOT just people who oppose Christianity...........

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 03:40 PM

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 03:34 PM

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 08:32 AM
Edited by Lindyy on Tue 12/09/08 08:33 AM

Can we go back to talking about Freddie Mercury? I liked that part of the conversation better drinker

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
BUT, what happened to the original poster of this thread? Have not heard a peep from the original poster......

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 08:20 AM

Maybe God should have used CAPS LOCK?

You are saying Sodom and Gomorrah was all about homosexuals eh? What do you think about this take?

From http://www.religioustolerance.org/hombibg194.htm

Conservative Christians: Many believe that the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 19, like passages elsewhere in the Bible, refers to homosexuality as a forbidden, detestable practice deserving of the most serious punishment -- not only death to those attempting the homosexual act but also a mini-genocide of the entire cities of Sodom and Gomorrah including adults, youths, children, and infants. God created the institution of heterosexual marriage as the only valid relationship for humans within which sexual activity can be performed without sin.
bullet

Liberal Christians: Many believe that texts in Genesis and the rest of the Bible make it clear that Sodom was punished because of the violent, abusive, inhospitable, greedy, and unsympathetic behavior of its citizens towards visitors, widows, the poor and other disadvantaged persons. Liberals often interpret Genesis 19 as condemning homosexual rape simply because it is rape. It would then be consistent with Deuteronomy 22:25-29 which condemns heterosexual rape. The passage does not impact on consensual homosexual activities between consenting adults, and is totally unrelated to loving, committed, same-sex relationships, civil unions and marriages. Most religious liberals are are faced with the inescapable and rather surprising conclusion that the condemned activities in Sodom probably had nothing to do with sodomy -- i.e. anal sex. As one Christian editor wrote: "To suggest that Sodom and Gomorrah is about homosexual sex is an analysis of about as much worth as suggesting that the story of Jonah and the whale is a treatise on fishing." 1

There is ironic aspect to this passage that is rarely discussed: To judge by other biblical references to Sodom, God seems to condemn the citizens for insensitive treatment and harassment of others. But, this is the very passage that many conservative and some mainline Christian faith groups use to verbally attack gays and lesbians.

The real story of Sodom may well have involved a mob who mistook the angels for ordinary humans. Driven by fear, suspicion, and/or hatred there intent was to humiliate, by rape, what they assumed were stranger people visiting their city. The Sodom situation has many parallels to gay-bashing today, with homophobes trying to assault gay and lesbian strangers.

That is merely one individual's INTERPRETATION/OPINION.....far from the interpretation/opinion of the Christian faith as a whole.......

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 08:18 AM

seriously why do some of u all here care so much??? I dont!!!!!! let people do watever they want!!! its a free country!!!

The purpose of the Politics, Current News & Events is to discuss, debate issues.....pro and con......that is why people are on here.....to express themselves.....to have the opportunity to discuss with others different issues....

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 08:05 AM

Biblical based arguments have come up as well. The Bible speaks quite clearly in it's prohibitions against some behaviors think about murder or adultery. These activities get more than one mention. On the issue of homosexuality the Bible is somewhat vague.

VAGUE? I posted MANY SCRIPTURE TO SUPPORT THE POSITION GOD HAS ON HOMOSEXUALITY......IT SO BLATANTLY CLEAR..................GOD HATES IT..............TO THE POINT WHERE HE DESTROYED SODOM AND GOMORRAH...........HOW MUCH CLEARER CAN THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY BE?

Lindyy

Lindyy's photo
Tue 12/09/08 07:33 AM

I think Clinton could have had multiple BJ's daily and still come out with a better legacy than Bush will.

Clinton is still loved and respected all over the world. We can't say that about Bush. If he hadn't treated us all with such contempt I might have had reason to feel differently. I don't like feeling ashamed of my president.

Btw CAt, what goes around absolutely comes around.

:wink:

I agree.

THAT is EXTREMELY DEBATABLE!!!!

To 'coin' a phrase from obama's spouse:

THREE TIMES I HAVE BEEN ASHAMED OF MY COUNTRY: (1) The disrespect to our Viet Nam Veterans, (2) Clinton's disrespect for oval office - sexual affairs, (3) the obamas and liberals.

Lindyy

so you were proud of our country when we segragated blacks?
Or when we tourterd japanees during WW2?

only three times, huh.....

LET ME REFRESH YOUR MEMORY......THE JAPANESE ATTACKED THE UNITED STATES....PEARL HARBOR......

VERY PATRIOTIC OF YOU.................

That justifies torture?

Lindyy

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25