Community > Posts By > kmtiburona

kmtiburona's photo
Sun 01/06/08 09:11 PM
Well, I haven't really gotten into the dating part yet. But my 2nd pregnancy really killed me; I became lactose intolerant, and my 2 front top teeth became somewhat discolored for about 1/3 of the tooth... It is something I had talked to my dentist about (when I had insurance) and she said it's just discoloration and can be fixed, so I don't know that I would mention that? Or maybe I should?

kmtiburona's photo
Sun 01/06/08 09:06 PM

What would you do for a klondike bar?

If I wanted a klondike bar, I would send someone to the store, unless I was already there! Seriously, not a big fan of ice cream, cookies are my vice.

kmtiburona's photo
Sun 01/06/08 09:03 PM

What is ya'lls views on one night stands?

Is the guy a stud...and the girl a slut?

I have actually never went to a bar, met someone and just went and slept with them. It is just a little too scary for me. I think I watch too many forensic files, CSI and law and order. Plus all those true crime books I used to read!

Anyway, I have met friends of friends that I would hang out in groups and we would have casual relations. Sometimes it would be 1 time, others it would be 10-15 times. Depends.

I'm also overly cautious since my real mom died from AIDs (from sex) and I never got to know her, my sister now has Hep. C (she says from shared needle, but rather careless sexually) so I have always been somewhat careful, try to know someone first, use protection, etc.

I think a slut is someone who would sleep with anyone. Just because you sleep with 100 people, does not make you a slut in my book, unless you were doing it for money or if you weren't attracted to them. I don't lower my standards for casual relations, so in order to sleep with me, you'd have to meet my standards for dating. Not everyone is like that, and I think that is kinda slutty too.

A guy doesn't necessarily have to be a stud to sleep with a lot of women, he could just be a smooth talker..lol

kmtiburona's photo
Sun 01/06/08 08:47 PM
Well I am a democrat, and I have not done all of my research yet for democratic candidates, I am a bit of a procrastinator. I did find this really fun online quiz that gives you topics and then responses and you pick the response that you agree with and how important the issue is to you (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/candidatequiz/ )
When I took it for Democratic, I was 25 pts for Hillary, 22pts for Edwards and Richardson, 20pts Biden, 13pts Dodd and 5pt for Obama. So apparently I have to agree with some of her policies, along with Edwards and Richardson. So it all depends on policies for me. I don't care if the past 20 years switches between 2 families, if their policies are what I agree with. If it came down to Mickey Mouse or George Jr, Mickey Mouse would definitely get my vote!

kmtiburona's photo
Sun 01/06/08 05:56 PM

Dont be sooo hard girl, give him a go, Geez he wouldnt have reacted like that if he didnt care about you.
If you connect with someone, then why keep chasin?
Give the relationship a good chance by allowing him to feel that he is the only one and you are not interested in looking on other single sites. Why do that?
If he had raised his hand instead of his voice, yeah sure give him a wide berth, but raising ones voice is a normal human response to strongly communicating a message.
Wouldnt life be dull if we all spoke in mono-tone without any emotion.
Follow your heart girllove

I agree! Even though I seem to be a little too trusting, I think a good way to approach this is to keep in touch and just see how it goes. He obviously feels something for you if he got a little hostile (which sounds weird) but if he CONTINUES to do it, then I'd say bad news. I know I have gotten what has been defined as "hostile" on here. I was young, but "picking" at something just so the guy would respond to me, or notice me, or remember me (it seems desperate now) but people do weird things when they're in relationships!

"It's better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all"

kmtiburona's photo
Sun 01/06/08 05:50 PM

Hello, folks:

I don't expect too many confessions in this thread, but I have to
ask.

I'm new to the online scene. I want to know if online woman lie about their age as they do on the bar scene.

My (oh so sincere) hope is that the online venues draw a different kind of crowd.

Anyone care to share their experience?

Thanks.

I never understood why women would do this in the first place? Unless they were just looking for a lay, in which sense she has no reason to lie. Anyway, think about it, you lie about your age, maybe something comes of it, am I the only one who thinks it's important to know my significant other's vital statistics? Like bday, fav colors, things to do, etc?

So no, I have not lied about my age, nor will I ever, it is pointless and deceiving and no way to start a relationship.

kmtiburona's photo
Sat 01/05/08 02:19 PM

I had an awesome evening for News Years while the kids were at their dads, I went to a UNR game, met a friend for dinner, I went to the movies alone Charlie Wilson well done political movie that says a lot. WEnt Ice skating till 11, then watched the big fire work show. Downtown was packed lots of people. I don't know that anyone said Happy New Year, except for a high five from someone.

I felt happy that I conquered the evening alone.... Atlas I awake this morning mad as hell that my kids didn't call, and I'm alone. When they get here tonight should I just pretend that its all fine that they didn't care enough to call?

I called them but there dad said they went to sleep.
PS I still haven't heard from them today they are 12, 14 1nd 16

I don't know

I know it's hard to believe, but maybe they figured you deserved the nite out and maybe would like to enjoy it without hearing from them. I was a considerate teen and if my step mom would have gone out, I wouldn't have called her just so she could have some "her" time. I don't know if that makes sense.

But I agree with the other poster.. Just let them know that you really did have a great time, but also missed them very much. They are teens so they probably didn't do it to "spite" you or anything, they can also be pretty self absorbed while needing space. So yea, just make it more of a positive that you missed them and were really hoping you could have heard about their nite sooner.

kmtiburona's photo
Sat 01/05/08 11:18 AM

I just posted this question on one of my old threads, but I think people are sick of reading that thread so I thought I'd post a new one. Should a guy give a single rose on a first date? one person told me I should another said not until the second date. What do other people think?

I would find a rose especially sweet on a 1st date, never had that experience. I wouldn't think someone like you would need to bring a rose, though blushing

kmtiburona's photo
Fri 01/04/08 05:46 PM

im a 23 y/o mother laugh witout a hubby and i dont need a hubby laugh drinker drinker

Husband's are WAY over rated most of the time anyway laugh how old is ur daughter? I have an almost 2 and 4 year old, and after the separation the only thing that has changed is oh, well nothing..haha.. i still do everything like before!

kmtiburona's photo
Fri 01/04/08 05:38 PM
Edited by kmtiburona on Fri 01/04/08 05:38 PM

my step lil girl (bringing her up as my own as i am with her dad) she is 6 and she has started to ask were babies come from n me and her dad dnt no ow to tell her one day me and her dad was talkin about havin a baby of our own what do i do about the questions she is asking :smile: help

Honesty is the best policy here. I would definitely think that maybe a book from the library or even some info on a parenting website may even help with the delivery. Good luck on not giggling..lol..

Off the subject, I am a tutor, and I tutor a 5th grader, who is going to be 11 this year!

kmtiburona's photo
Fri 01/04/08 03:42 PM

My daughters mother acts just like a dude.Being though my daughter mom goes to work doing the week I keep her and her mom gets her on the weekend but for the last 2 weeks she been not coming and calling like every 3 days.How should I respond to this?

Well I personally would start keeping track. And yes, I do realize as a single dad raising a child that has so many more important things to that this seems tedious, but you really should do it. Even if you do not plan on pursuing a full custody order or child support order right now, you may need it in the future. I would also try to have a heart to heart with her mother and stress the importance of the mother daughter bonding but try to be somewhat sensitive too, so that she doesn't feel like your attacking her.
Just say Hey, I was just wondering if we could get together, etc. Or leave a message and just say hey "insert daughter's name here" is really starting to miss her mommy and was wondering when you could come and see her again.

As far as the stereotype, you are right. The minute a guy acts this way, he IS labeled a dead beat dad, blah, blah. And yes there are MANY women that act this way, but what name do we, as society, associate with these mothers? So yes, he does have a valid point bringing up the stereotypical male. I knew exactly what you meant by her acting like a man after I read your first post. I would just try to keep your daughter's best interest at heart, and try not to think about any unfairness in the situation. Hang in there!

kmtiburona's photo
Thu 01/03/08 06:46 PM

I appreciate that comment ur right that could happen but ironically my daughter is very social she luvs people well women she is a little shy around men but thats a good thing she only is attached to me when their is noone else. Ive decided that Im going to put her back in her old daycare maybe being around kidz the majority of the day will help become more independent at home.

Well then, I guess she just loves her mommy sooooooo much! I know my kids were a bit clingy when i went back to school and they didn't really get to see me. Now, over my winter break, it is almost impossible to have me time.. lol.. but i don't mind.

kmtiburona's photo
Thu 01/03/08 02:40 AM
In all honesty, it really shouldn't matter except, for example you had a gf for a while, and you exchanged i love you's and the break up was bad! But in reality, unless you had dated someone like me, your typical women will get all jealous at the fact that you and her didn't work out and that means no one else, close to her, should be happy with you!

I know, I know, women. Even if everyone says they are ok with it, chances are your ex will eventually start some drama and someone's relationship will be ruined. Whether it be their friendship, your's and your ex's or your's and the new girls.

I would say, unless it were me, it's probably gonna start a lot of drama, even though it shouldn't for a 6 month relationship!

kmtiburona's photo
Thu 01/03/08 02:32 AM
You can do it and it is worth it! Why work at Walmart making even $10 an hour hating your job when you could be making $40,000 + a year and hopefully, love your job??

I have a 2 and 4 year old, was working 2 jobs during last semester, no help from family on watching them and had been out of college since 2003! My gpa was a 3.87, I only had 2 B's the rest A's before, and it is now a 3.54, I managed to get a C in Calculus 2, which I had only taken Calculus 1 in 2002! So I am happy. (My major is Mathematics Education and my ex works 2nd shift, and I have classes in a.m.)

It is hard, but it is do-able!! DO IT!!!!!

kmtiburona's photo
Thu 01/03/08 02:21 AM
I would definitely agree that you need to start leaving her alone for short periods. I'll tell you why-- My best friend's son is now 14 months old. He is only comfy around mommy, daddy and her parents! If strangers came up to him and showed him attention, he would start to fuss, until he met me! He was very relaxed, let me hold him and everything. One morning, her mom couldn't watch him for her, so she dropped him off at my house, and after she left, at 6am, all he did was cry! I settled him down for a little while, until about 7:30am when my 2 kids awoke, he started screaming again! I eventually had to call her at work and have her pick him up. The minute she walked thru the door he stopped crying!

I would also cherish the time you have with her. They are so small and lovable right now (well they will always be lovable, right?) but you do need to prevent your daughter from becoming too dependent. I didn't have any family to help watch my kids, but I did have a best friend that would watch my older daughter for the 4 hours I was at work. This helped her to get used to her mommy time and her alone time. You just need to find a balance!

kmtiburona's photo
Mon 12/31/07 09:16 AM
Ok, I would like to say WOW and hey to everyone! My name is Kristina and I am in the process of getting out of an almost 4 year relationship/3 year marriage. I don't get out much and find the bar scene tiring since in our area, if they are at the bar on the weekends, they are usually there everyday! LOL

Anyway, I have only been a member a couple of days, and had been a member of another site (which I will leave unnamed, I don't want any trouble..lol) and justsayhi is sooooooo much better. Although I did have an altercation on an im, the forums are sooooooo much better. While on the other site people seem to go into a topic and just judge people or make statements without actually contributing to the topic, justsayhi does not appear to be like that. It seems so far people are actually responding to topics and not only offering advice, but usually in a nice way!

Way to go for the creaters and people behind justsayhi!

kmtiburona's photo
Mon 12/31/07 09:11 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I think there are some very good other ways I can kinda try to let them down maybe easier. I realize I can't make everyone happy, but I wanted to make sure my dating tactics weren't out of date. LOL.

thank you all again!

kmtiburona's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:50 PM
While looking for that special someone I feel honesty is very important. And constantly while browsing other's profiles, I see men writing looking for honest woman, no games, etc. So when someone im's you or emails you and you are not interested is saying I'm sorry your not my type overused? Is that not a good thing to say?

I'm only asking since it's been a while since I've been in the dating scene and just had an experience where this happened and when I said he wasn't my type, I then got 20 questions as to what my type was? Does it really matter? Do I need to justify my reason for not being physically attracted to a person? I am asking these, since I am pretty nice and would hate to tell someone, well ur a little too fat for me and this and that and the next thing. Should I have told him specifically what was wrong, even if it could not be changed?

After I told him he was not my type he expressed some vulgarity to me, so I just want to make sure it's ok to use the general response. I don't know what else to say w/o hurting someone's feelings.

kmtiburona's photo
Fri 12/28/07 05:42 PM
Thank you, I guess that makes sense!

kmtiburona's photo
Fri 12/28/07 04:21 PM

go to "My Account" and click on the mutual match that shows as "1 New" Whoever's picture you see first, that is who clicked yes or maybe.

I have the same issue..I tried what you've said, theres no picture...and mutual match title box states 0...? I'm so confused...indifferent

unless its someone who wants to meet me and not truly a mutual match....?

Yes, I have the same problem it says I have 0 mutual matches, yet says 1 person wants to meet you????