Community > Posts By > RavenousSin

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/13/12 10:15 PM

Hmm, indie? Maybe check out:
-Arctic Monkeys ("When The Sun Goes Down")
-Death Cab For Cutie ("We Looked Like Giants" and "Crooked Teeth"... "Someday You Will Be Loved" is beautiful but I don't know about it)
-The Weakerthans ("Civil Twilight" I like in particular)
-Modest Mouse maybe (probably "Float On" or "Black Cadillacs" for any newcomer)

For less mainstream or radio hip-hop, maybe Deltron 2020 ("Positive Contact", "Madness"), Mos Def in general, or the hip-hop portions of Gorillaz. That's still a pretty broad area, so I could be very far off here.

Oh, and listen to ^^^ this guy...... he seems to have good tastedrinker I'll add a few indie bands you might like

Radiohead, Kasabian, The Kooks, Muse, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Cake, The White Stripes, The Strokes, Beck.............. I could go on and on

I'm flattered.
I wish I could say I knew most of those, but my familiarity is just Radiohead, Muse (kick ***), The White Stripes, and a bit of Beck. I can vouch for those ones though.

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/13/12 09:15 PM
Edited by RavenousSin on Tue 03/13/12 09:17 PM
Hmm, indie? Maybe check out:
-Arctic Monkeys ("When The Sun Goes Down")
-Death Cab For Cutie ("We Looked Like Giants" and "Crooked Teeth"... "Someday You Will Be Loved" is beautiful but I don't know about it)
-The Weakerthans ("Civil Twilight" I like in particular)
-Modest Mouse maybe (probably "Float On" or "Black Cadillacs" for any newcomer)

For less mainstream or radio hip-hop, maybe Deltron 2020 ("Positive Contact", "Madness"), Mos Def in general, or the hip-hop portions of Gorillaz. That's still a pretty broad area, so I could be very far off here.

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/13/12 09:06 PM
The Dead Milkmen - "Punk Rock Girl" :heart:

(Also, Streetlight Manifesto's cover.)

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/13/12 09:04 PM
Over the past couple years, I've almost exclusively been involved in "interracial dating" and don't find it to be better or worse than dating within my race.

I'd hope that in this age, the term can kind of just be retired. Does it really matter if people are or are not of the same "race"?

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/13/12 10:28 AM
:) If you want to, I can help you out with the german ones!?

:thumbsup:

That would be nice.
(I actually had gotten "Feuer Frei" memorized from Rammstein before. Felt proud of that... just want to learn "Du Reichst So Gut" now.)

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 09:39 PM

Well you need to start off with some flesh and some bones, add a bit of fat (curves for girls) and some muscle (a little more muscle for guys), gotta have some hair (moustaches are nice, but not on girls),more than a dash or two of common sense, a whole lot of personality and slap on a SMILEhappy and you are off to a great start~

No mustaches for girls?!
I have to go take care of a few things...

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 09:36 PM
"If ya got a metal band playing and no one is supposed to dance, you may consider reviewing your policies"

rofl :thumbsup: devil

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 05:18 PM
I'll keep that in mind. I do mean to have more "warm" pics put up at some point. It's not like I don't smile, it's just when taking pics I guess. The human mind is pretty good at spotting fakes. :tongue:

Still don't quite know what the intimate encounters comment is about though.

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 05:15 PM
He was very clear that he wanted more than friends but I got the distinct impression that he's confusing lust with love.

A lot of people don't realize the points of separation with love and lust. It's unfortunate and can actually be kind of sad.

I try to be fully aware... many pursuits of lust aren't agreeable with all, but at least I know what it is and am taking it as such.
Honesty with self and with others. :smile:
Love's just more rare to come by.

Anyway, sounds like he wasn't able to be respectful toward you with the whole groping thing... so, no loss I'm sure.

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 04:58 PM
Being genuine and marked with flaws, but honest.
Hmm, flesh and bones.

What a real person is and what people desire are often pretty far apart anyhow.

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 03:41 PM

The only protection against getting older is an early death...

XD

laugh Yes.
(As such, I figure I have a little under 7 years then to hit my stride and then follow the Morrison, Hendrix, and Cobain. :tongue: )

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 12:34 PM

I would think everyone does..unless you wear your age written on your shirt.
What others think of me doesn't matter. I am comfortable and happy with myself.:wink:

True. It does happen to everyone.
I don't mean to indicate it mattering what people think. It's more for being humored.

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 12:21 PM
You're like a wise Buddha.
I find myself in agreement.

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 12:12 PM
Have you ever had instances where someone told you they thought you looked younger or older than you actually are? How'd you feel about it?

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 12:05 PM
Anyone else find themselves frequently liking music that's in another language and then wanting to learn some of that language just so you can sing that one song?

This happens a lot with me involving Rammstein songs (German), as well as some of this band called Kultur Shock (Bosnian I believe). The French I learned in high school hasn't been as helpful as I'd have hoped for listening to Malmonde.

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 12:01 PM
Didn't like them back in high school years, don't like them in current years.

RavenousSin's photo
Mon 03/12/12 11:58 AM
Pics are fine (pretty!), however you could use more in the text.
Maybe mention some hobbies or interests for others to connect to.
Best of luck. :smile:

RavenousSin's photo
Sun 03/11/12 10:42 PM
Black Flag - I Love You
devil

RavenousSin's photo
Sun 03/11/12 10:35 PM

People cheat. Gender don't make a difference. Either way, it's terrible.

:thumbsup:

RavenousSin's photo
Sun 03/11/12 05:21 PM
If my brother calls, it's "Buddy Holly" by Weezer...
It's from a bit of an inside joke.

It used to be "When Worlds Collide" by Powerman 5000 for any call.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25