Community > Posts By > RavenousSin

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/09/12 02:55 PM
It's pretty damn important. I'm prone to go off on tangents and get oddly philosophical at times, so I need someone to keep up (granted some of that is less from intelligent discussions and more from strange mentions).
I don't mean to come off as pretentious, but it's all about intellectual nourishment and need... I need someone I can have deep and varied conversations with.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/09/12 02:50 PM

Do you like it when women wear makeup? Dark, light?

I suppose it varies from face to face and styles apply differently of course. So, I like certain styles on certain people.
It's fine as an add-on, but I don't like when it's being used as a crutch.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/09/12 02:47 PM

Personally, I have a thing for scene girls because they have all learned quickly to master makeup tutorials and tend to be more colorful than emos and goths. They also incorporate a stronger sense of original fashion.

rofl rofl rofl
That's too funny. Yes, it's very original for people to aim to look like all their friends. slaphead

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 03/07/12 10:24 PM
You and me both it seems.

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 03/07/12 06:45 PM

Is there a proper way to ask for a woman's hand in marriage? I've heard and seen on TV and in movies that you should ask the father for the lady's hand in marriage or something. Is this just something that is done on TV, or is there a proper way of going about this?

Just wondering, for future reference perhaps.

Well, you know her much better than any of us, I'd guess.... so the best answer would probably be found from your experience with the lady. Or, possibly talking with a mutual friend, etc.
There's not really a proper way that's going to work for everyone.

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 03/07/12 05:31 PM

Yes, it would be the courageous thing to do.

Just so long as you aren't insinuating that refusal to do so is a lack of courage.

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 03/07/12 02:26 PM

I would really have to be down with the cause... This is necessary.

This, I would really have to agree with the reasons but would probably have to be something in the medical field as I seriously object to taking another life (except in certain circumstances and war wouldn't be one of them).

Again, this is why I say the cause needs to matter.
In most cases, I'm personally anti-war.

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 03/07/12 01:41 PM
I would really have to be down with the cause... This is necessary.

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 03/07/12 10:59 AM

Would a woman? I think the answer would be the same for both. Some would, some wouldn't.

:thumbsup:

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 03/07/12 10:54 AM
Swallowing pride and apologizing can be difficult for either gender, but is possible...
So, yeah, it could happen... but socialization may make it unlikely. Like showing certain levels and kinds of emotions publicly.

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 03/07/12 10:51 AM
W.A.S.P. - "Great Misconceptions of Me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boptcdvX27E

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 03/07/12 10:43 AM
Death Cab For Cutie - "I Will Follow You Into The Dark"

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfNVfiqKBeM)

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/06/12 11:19 PM
Angel Eyes from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" is a good contender in my opinion.

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/06/12 11:12 PM
And another welcome..?

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/06/12 10:59 PM
Welcome here.

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/06/12 10:58 PM
Most of us probably are. Welcome.

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/06/12 10:58 PM
Welcome to the site. I hope you find what you're looking for.

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/06/12 10:30 PM
It's a part of socialization... it's something conditioned that can be hard to break. We're taught things like being ashamed of perceived flaws, etc.

I admit, I still have some acne issues and can get insecure about that. It can be difficult to be properly comfortable in your skin when you're concerned about how others perceive you. Unfortunately, on some level, most people do care what at least a few think. Friends, potential lovers, flings...

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/06/12 10:25 PM
King Crimson for the win...

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 03/06/12 12:03 PM

Well indeed it is marketing. The fact seems to be that there are more men on these sites than women.

As such, sex peddlers have an opportunity, because there arent enough gals to go around and so the fellas are more tempted to be taken in by such advertisements.

Pretty much this.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25