Community > Posts By > LarchTree

LarchTree's photo
Fri 04/29/22 01:17 PM
Edited by LarchTree on Fri 04/29/22 01:23 PM

Anyone interested?

Lane, what exactly are you asking for?

Mental health.

(Hey, if you run out of resolutions, and want to do me a favor, live long and prosper)

LarchTree's photo
Thu 04/28/22 02:48 PM
Tom I am happy to meet again after a long time away.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 04/28/22 02:44 PM
Wow; Aesthetics are important.

It was mental health that I was thinking about, but there are many values associated with mental state.

That idea gets my vote.

Leaders are more fun to converse with, but hosts are more fun to depend on, because people can work on their own meaning and purpose.

LarchTree's photo
Thu 04/28/22 03:13 AM
DA, your life is a work of art.

LarchTree's photo
Mon 04/25/22 11:37 AM
Edited by LarchTree on Mon 04/25/22 11:45 AM
Infinity is a moment.

This message is intended for all who find it. The person typing wishes to say:

I am grateful, I am even “selfishly grateful”, for you Being. Thank you for being you.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/24/22 01:49 PM
There was a brief few minutes in my life one time when I envied someone for choosing to be happy.

Until I laughed at myself for the absurdity of that thinking.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/24/22 01:40 PM
If I feel like they would have better options than me, I definitely do not get attached to them. But when I see someone like that, or a beautiful couple, inside I am thinking “ Lord thank you for making the human race.“

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/24/22 10:28 AM
I compare myself to myself, or to the universe, but not to other people, so it is not an issue for me.

offtopic

This is attractive
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uCiI39JFudo

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/24/22 10:17 AM
:-)

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/24/22 07:43 AM
Same 2 U!!

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/24/22 07:24 AM
Have a listen to my no-strings violin in the background for no-strings intimacy.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/24/22 07:07 AM
Haha

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/24/22 04:43 AM
Come to think of it, we really do owe it to the mods, for tolerating such nonsense, or else dealing with it to shape the community.

LarchTree's photo
Sun 04/24/22 03:12 AM
Well hey, at least it is not as bad as that topic of fecal transplants that came up during the museum board of trustees dinner party.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/16/22 07:30 AM
Anyone interested?

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/16/22 07:13 AM
It is good if everyone is not the same. Makes meeting others more interesting.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/16/22 07:09 AM
The value of everything be quantified right? People do what they want and what is worth to them, and everything works out. It makes life more fun if there is a sense of purpose.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/16/22 06:42 AM
‘Tis okay to be lewd and crude, but not rude.

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/16/22 06:33 AM
How on earth is disagreement rude?

Isn’t that what makes the world interesting? If I was only interested in people like me, I wouldn’t even need other people I would only need myself. different opinions expands ones worldview beyond one’s own perspective.

Why compare oneself to other people when one can compare oneself with God?

LarchTree's photo
Sat 04/16/22 04:40 AM
There are a number of radical changes to modern living that could improve individual sustainability. Some examples include (1) reducing agricultural footprint getting protein half from bow hunted meat and half from simmered soybeans and other type beans (this protein also is higher quality because the combination of legume and meat protein has a more balanced profile of amino acids); (2) reducing electricity consumption by using conductive-surface cooling rather than air-space cooling. Also known as “earthing” this thermoregulation mechanism used by animals in hot humid weather involves laying on the ground or even in a shallow puddle of water, to lower body temperature. The directness of cooling wastes less energy and the effectiveness of conductance of a surface rather than air reduces the need for specialized equipment to generate very low temperatures to achieve the necessary heat exchange. Human skin surface temperature is rarely below 90° in any climate. Water circulating seat cushions and mattresses would be earthing devices. Considering that the conductance magnifies the temperature effect, it may be more necessary with earthing to get to the right temperature either with a fine-tune power adjustment, thermostat mechanism, or else adjustment via clothing and blankets for more warmth on the air surface to compensate for the ample coldness of surfaces, to actually be as comfortable as an air conditioner. (3) wetland marsh, meadow, or forest instead of grass lawns. This results in onsite habitat, carbon sequestration, and improved water quality in downstream marine habitat and biodiversity. There is an economic benefit from local fishing industries. If you take water from a estuary and boil it into salt, there are some places where the salt would be poisonous, and other places where the salt would be good for you. A second benefit is reduced localized flooding, because of water is stored in the ground in the marsh longer, so it doesn’t run off and cause liability for infrastructure damage and flooding on other peoples property. And a final point, The maintenance cost of mowed grass is enormous but next to nothing for natural vegetative cover. Would anyone want a creek, wetlands, and forest in their back yard instead of maintained turf?

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25