Community > Posts By > exxman

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 02:38 PM
frustrated NO NO and still no, calls my niece up happy

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 02:37 PM

Men are taught to guard their feelings until they feel safe to trust someone. Only then can they reveal their hearts.

In other words, it is probably not reasonable to invite a man (guarded feelings) into a personal emotional world, and expect him to feel comforable sharing his feelings before developing a deep relationship with you.

Its not 'incorrect', that they hold back on sharing feelings.

Youre putting them in an uncomfortable situation.

I suspect what they are trying to tell you is to stop trina make them into a sissy--someone who shares their feelings quickly and readily.

Tells you it's safe, you can post your number now laugh

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 02:36 PM

No, this is not a bash men thread. I am sure there are women who do this too.

I have noticed and it may be just my experience but here goes....

In the dating environment, especially, I have to describe my condition. When I describe my MS stuff to some men and they feel "bad" for me or I am assuming this is the trigger, they get into that frame of mind and you can hear it in their tone and even see it in their writing, they want to tell you to "not/stop be/being a sissy" but they do not do it because you are a woman, I am guessing.
It is frustrating for me to try to get them to understand, one, that I am just explaining what the MS does to me and what my body goes through, two, that it is part of my life I cannot escape. Being a sissy is the furthest from the problem...lol and it is something very important if a cohabitation situation were to evolve or even when it comes to picking out where to go on a date. I am usually lightening the information from the real pain and suffering because I don't like pity. But it would be nice to have a little empathy. To understand that they understand would be really nice not dismissing it.

So my question here is: Do you think that by the way we "toughen" up the boys in their younger years, that we remove their ability to show and/or feel empathy correctly?

Or is that when one doesn't have knowledge or experience something it is hard to empathize?

Or both?

Definition: Empathy is the capacity to recognize and, to some extent, share feelings (such as sadness or happiness) that are being experienced by another sentient or semi-sentient being.

What do you think?

Interesting. I think this is an A,B and C answer.

A)Yes. I believe boys as kids should be exposed more to the real world, another words their emotions. I think when we are boys we are hot wired to be "tough" and in this toughness comes a detachment from our emotions. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL MALES, just most.

B) Unfortunately some people run as soon as they hear something they do not understand or CARE to understand. This is a male/female reaction.

C)As a society in the states, we fail at passing on morality to the younger generations. Whether they feel like "Aww Mom that was back in your days, things are different now" . This has been going on for several decades and the spiral is just getting worse.

When was the last time you went to the store and a young man held doors open for you? Or whens the last time you had a young one say "Yes mam"? Point being even the simplest of things have become a non thought. Long ago those were common place, showing respect for others, now days it is more the rarity.

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 02:04 PM
Dust laugh laugh

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 01:10 PM
welcome to the site:smile:

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 11:55 AM
Edited by exxman on Sun 08/07/11 11:57 AM
I have not met anyone from here since i have not been here but for under a week. How ever i have known people from other venues where i have met them, and still have friendships with them today. So yes i am willing to meet someone if that is where the road lead's us too.

blushing Woo Hoo Krupa's sisterflowerforyou

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 11:00 AM
Edited by exxman on Sun 08/07/11 11:02 AM
Tim & Faith - I Need You
(question for me is where are you.)laugh

I wanna drink that shot of whiskey
I wanna smoke that cigarette
I wanna smell that sweet addiction on my breath
I wanna ride cross West Virginia I
n the backseat of a Cadillac
You know some cowboys like me go out like that
So I need you

[Chorus]
Like a needle needs a vein
Like Uncle Joe in Oklahoma needs the rain
I need you like a lighthouse on the coast
Like the father and the son needs the holy ghost
I need you

I wanna get lost in some corner booth
Cantina Mexico
I wanna dance to the static of an a.m. radio
I wanna wrap the moon around us and l
ay beside you skin on skin
Make love 'til the sun comes up
till the sun goes down again cause i need you

[Chorus]
Like a needle needs a vein
Like Uncle Joe in Oklahoma needs the rain
I need you
Like a lighthouse on the coast
Like the father and the son needs the holy ghost
I need you

I wanna drink that shot of whiskey
I wanna smoke that cigarette
You know some cowboys like me go out like that
So I need you
I need you
I need you i need you i need youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i need you i need you i need you i need you toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The why is easy, look at them sing to one another and how can you not dream of being able to share that love with someone.
happy :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :smile:

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 10:52 AM
Edited by exxman on Sun 08/07/11 10:52 AM
Another personal fav.

Tim & Faith - I need you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttDuftu6bs

OMG i need a dance instructor, i move like a white guy lol

o0(Let's my heart lead):smile:

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 10:46 AM
:tongue: Tim McGraw- My best friend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDm2AIw7Myo

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 10:41 AM

How much of your heart do you hold back?

I hold back a LOT.
But, my rule of thumb is, I give what I get.
If I am with someone who is not emotionally
available, I would probably hold out forever.
When my partner opens to me, however, I give
back equally.

Equality is everything.

Equality is everything, and that is why i prefer to come out with cards on the table rather than holding half the deck back.

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 10:39 AM

I like to keep myself to myself :D

Share woman !!! We can't learn why we tick the way we do if we don't examine why we do what we do.flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 10:37 AM

Hummm I believe if your not willing to give all then you will only receive what your willing to give... whoa
Nods n smiles with you:smile:

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 10:36 AM

How much of your heart do you hold back? How far in before you let it speak? If we all seek honest, and sincere people to love us for ourselves, then why does the world feel so lonely with out you?

Yeah sometimes the questions are just that, Too much to contemplate and not enough of a feeling from your heart.

i will hold back while i get to know your heart...

Problem is what if the other person does the same thing? They hold back so what or who do you really know of them. It becomes a rhetorical question you know. There must come a point where we allow our self to just be who we are and come to accept that if i don't come out as being myself and my experiences, you might not ever really get to know me. Ya follow me?noway

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 10:22 AM

well for now all of it but till i find the right person then they get 100% of it.

an if ruth is getting lunch i want dinner lol

OK that means breakfast is MINE:wink:

laugh You just want some eggs, hash browns, bacon, n toast :p, come on over i ll cook you some up !!:tongue:

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 09:21 AM

hes from minessota, was stationed in texas, his sister lives in virgina but deployed in libia, and his mom just moved to az. so theres no one

and he left a desktop computer and moniter (600$), a flat screen tv and dvd player(225$), and all his clothes (200$), and a custom race jacket (250$).

My first advice is if there is any way to contact his mom and ask her for help do it.

If you feel like you can't hold his things for a little while longer then you need to pursue it from a legal angle so you do not get in trouble for disposing of his belongings.

War screws people up, physically, emotionally and mentally. Hope the guy figures his stuff out and i hope you find the love you deserve.

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 09:15 AM

Sometimes a guy just might not feel that special kind of strong chemistry that draws 2 people together -- but he might still enjoy her company in a friendship sort of way. As long as he's honest about that, it's all good. But if a guy says he loves you just so he can get something and then move on, then that's not right.

On the flip side of the coin, you might want to ask yourself: "Why do women chase after bad boys/players?"

Oh he was honest after awhile that he's not the marrying kind, and he said he loves me. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. I just had to Mooooove on. I deserve better.

You did the best thing for you it sounds like.flowerforyou And yes you do.

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 07:49 AM
Breakfast...... BLT or eggs, bacon, hash browns n toast.... what

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 06:38 AM

Where diffrent to each other so what we want ,but for your love want for him/her and can you make it come to reality?

I would want for her heart to know peace and know that she is loved for being herself, not what others expect her to be. With out a doubt i can.

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 06:04 AM

Men say they want a good woman, but when they read a profile or look at a photo that simply says; I don't take crap! They tend to say you are mean, too serious and pass you by.

Come on! Basically, we are all looking for the same thing; someone to love us for who and what we are. It is just a matter of the right chemistry and the first meeting.

You will know in the first meeting if there is any connection or not. I have learned to not look at all men as potential mates. Most, are just not! Some people come into your life for a few minutes; others, a few hours, still others, perhaps a few days, week and so on. But seldom, will you meet many, who will be in your life for years. And they don't have to be intimate with you; you just may be luck enough to find a friend.

I'm in my late 50's, I'm tired of the dating game. I'm easy going, but I'm serious about what I'm looking for. I don't care about race, we are all God's children. Your integrety, sincerity, ability to love, willingness to work with me for a better us: These things are important to me.

So...that being said; just where in the heck are the real men?

Just asking.

When i view a profile i am actually looking at everything that person is sharing. The pic's to understand them or maybe see something that makes them sparkle in their life. I read the words to see what they are about or what matter's to them. And then i actually read their info trying to see if they are married or not, have kids or not, and want kids or not. I am 39 and you would be surprised how hard it is to find a woman who wants kids (or more kids)in their future. So for me it's not about "I don't take crap" from a profile, i tend to be looking at the bigger picture and how my personal desires match up to theirs.

no photo
Sun 08/07/11 05:47 AM
Edited by exxman on Sun 08/07/11 05:53 AM
Some men or dog's it's about the chase. Not about what to do with once they catch it. Dumb huh....Then again there are women who do this as well...