LOL

shadowsfromthesky's photo
Fri 10/30/09 06:03 PM

I love the way you write!

It massages my brain

Makes me think!:heart:

Moi?

Thanks!

I sort of feel like I went all around the mulberry bush on that one...but it makes sense somewhere in brain, I'm glad someone else got it too!

smile2

Fri 10/30/09 05:59 PM

Sara Ramirez...musical.

hahahahahaha

-forgot musicals too! & I love them...(side-note...just saw Mary Poppins last friday here in Houston, awesome musical!! the BEST is Wicked!)

like Sara Ramirez, but you are prettier:smile:.

I'd have to be a musical...cause I break out into song all the time...completely randomly. Or I'll make up little songs about doing the dishes while doing the dishes...lol I just love the complete randomness of musicals.

And...thank you, very much. *blush*

You're welcome, just being honest.

I hear ya...I break out into song quite often myself, fun stuff!

Have you seen Wicked?? If not, you need to - it is so great I'd love to see it again - on Broadway in New York would be awesome! Need to make a trip there:smile:.

I actually have seen Wicked...it WAS amazing, I agree with you. The book is pretty fantastic too, check it out!

Fri 10/30/09 05:58 PM
Since chemistry is all about reactions and their subsequent outcomes...I think that all of the parts are important, but depending on how much of each component you have at any given time your product will vary.

Meaning, therefore, that let's say your first physical attraction to someone is strong, but your emotional attraction isn't, and your mental attraction is really low...then you might have lust.

But if you have a strong physical attraction, and a stronger emotional and mental attraction...you might have love.

I know we've all seen couples and wondered what he's doing with her or what she's doing with him...it's about the reaction and the product.

Let's say you have perfect chemistry with two different people...now let's say you have a really rotten day...so now you have your original chemical equation but with a new variable...both chemical equations will react different when the variable is introduced. Meaning now the chemical equations either come out balanced and therefore unchanged...or the chemical equations will become unstable and thus unbalanced causing the chemistry of the whole to be different.

If you were to look at love like the components of water...H2O (forgive the bad nomenclature)...when you enforce a new outside change...cold or heat...the H2O remains relatively unchanged chemically, however it does change it's form. It boils, it feezes, it becomes a gas.

I'd say this question is hard to answer taking into consideration only these three variables...chemistry is constantly changing depending on what kinds of outside forces are action upon it.

The perfect chemistry with someone will be able to withstand any of those outside forces to always be balanced and harmonious.

Fri 10/30/09 05:46 PM
Edited by shadowsfromthesky on Fri 10/30/09 05:46 PM

downtown philly..middle of the night
standing on the balcony making wishes on city lights

This would be a beautiful first line in a short story.

(Not say that this piece is wonderful, but these first two lines are a perfect jumping off place for a story...)

maybe ill run with that idea...and see what becomes of it..thank you for the suggestion.

Actually, after reading this over a couple of times...if you fleshed out the whole thing you'd have a pretty interesting story. Your poem reads somewhat like an outline. You could keep true to the poetry of the piece but add in some structuring and dialogue...and voila.

i'm not such a great writer...and def not a poet by any means...so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell my Creative Writing students...everyone is a writer. Let's put this into a bad analogy, shall we? Let's consider any piece of work a rock. And in order to bring out the beauty in some rocks we have to tumble them for hours and polish them. Sometimes we even have to have other people lend a hand in polishing them in order to bring out their natural beauty. Other rocks are beautiful with a few rough spots, a jagged edge...Writing is the same way.

Don't sell yourself short. This piece is beautiful just as it stands...with a little polishing or reworking it could really be something to be proud of and say..."Hey, I'm a poet."

maybe i should enroll...

A creative writing class really helps you pinpoint your strengths as well as your weaknesses and a good teacher/professor can help you work on both. And a lot of communities (and public libraries) offer free creative writing classes/seminars/workshops...you should look around and see what's being offered in your area.

Fri 10/30/09 05:43 PM

Sara Ramirez...musical.

hahahahahaha

-forgot musicals too! & I love them...(side-note...just saw Mary Poppins last friday here in Houston, awesome musical!! the BEST is Wicked!)

like Sara Ramirez, but you are prettier:smile:.

I'd have to be a musical...cause I break out into song all the time...completely randomly. Or I'll make up little songs about doing the dishes while doing the dishes...lol I just love the complete randomness of musicals.

And...thank you, very much. *blush*

Fri 10/30/09 05:35 PM

(Not say that this piece is wonderful, but these first two lines are a perfect jumping off place for a story...)

maybe ill run with that idea...and see what becomes of it..thank you for the suggestion.

Actually, after reading this over a couple of times...if you fleshed out the whole thing you'd have a pretty interesting story. Your poem reads somewhat like an outline. You could keep true to the poetry of the piece but add in some structuring and dialogue...and voila.

i'm not such a great writer...and def not a poet by any means...so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell my Creative Writing students...everyone is a writer. Let's put this into a bad analogy, shall we? Let's consider any piece of work a rock. And in order to bring out the beauty in some rocks we have to tumble them for hours and polish them. Sometimes we even have to have other people lend a hand in polishing them in order to bring out their natural beauty. Other rocks are beautiful with a few rough spots, a jagged edge...Writing is the same way.

Don't sell yourself short. This piece is beautiful just as it stands...with a little polishing or reworking it could really be something to be proud of and say..."Hey, I'm a poet."

Fri 10/30/09 05:28 PM

Fri 10/30/09 05:24 PM

Fri 10/30/09 05:03 PM
Sara Ramirez...musical.

hahahahahaha

Thu 10/29/09 05:08 AM
aLittleBird...I had to go to your profile to see what your picture said...THAT'S hysterical. HAHAHA

(And I like your headline too...)

flowerforyou

Thu 10/29/09 04:57 AM
Hmmm...I read your profile...seems ok to me. Has some likes, dislikes, etc...etc...

You're cute, well spoken, and seem to know what what you want (or at least what you don't want)...

Keep your chin up...it'll happen with or without the help of Mingle!

<3

Thu 10/29/09 04:49 AM
08 Mini Cooper!

Wed 10/28/09 06:59 PM
Ahhh I love this piece...I have it framed next to a picture of my father who proudly served this country as a Marine for nearly 40 years of his life.

Wed 10/28/09 02:14 PM

Ok...so...I was watching the Today show this morning and they actually discussed this topic...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33495762/ns/today-today_relationships/

*shrugs*

Oh, well, the Today Show, that settles it then.

Did I say that?

No.

Please don't make assumptions.

What I was simply stating was that this identical topic was discussed this morning on a popular morning news show.

I just thought it was odd to see it TWICE in the same day.

I was making fun of the Today Show, not you!

My apologies...I totally missed the cyber-influx. But as I was watching this segment today on the Today show all I could think was...WHO would WANT to listen to you two women ANYways...but that's just me.

Wed 10/28/09 01:46 PM

Ok...so...I was watching the Today show this morning and they actually discussed this topic...

*shrugs*

Oh, well, the Today Show, that settles it then.

Did I say that?

No.

Please don't make assumptions.

What I was simply stating was that this identical topic was discussed this morning on a popular morning news show.

I just thought it was odd to see it TWICE in the same day.

Wed 10/28/09 01:39 PM

*shrugs*

Tue 10/27/09 07:19 PM
Well, now knowing all of that...I can go to bed happy.

Tue 10/27/09 04:19 PM
The technology behind the iPod is proven and fairly easy to use...you can pick up the smaller ones fairly cheap now. I have a 1st generation one (that weights about 45 times more than the new ones) that still works great after taking a serious beating through it's life.

iTunes which is the computer program you use with the iPod is easy to use too.

As far as MP3 players go...I bought my dad a Sansa Fuze last year for christmas and he LOVES it...

Tue 10/27/09 04:06 PM

I said..."men don't know what they want EITHER"...as in...nobody knows what they want...so it's not really a generalization as much as it is a statement of observed fact.

That's actually one of the most blatant generalizations of all. Unless, of course, you've spoken with every man on the planet in order to reach your conclusions about what men do or do not know.

I would also disagree with your premise that "nobody knows what they want" -- while I would submit that this is true in many cases, the use of the word "nobody" is another overgeneralization not based in any sort of factuality.

Right...and now you're being nit picky just to be nit picky and have nothing new or original to say.

Am I guilty of generalizations...of course. Dare I say...we all are. There again, I don't spend all day with everyone on earth, so I can't actually say that...now can I?

I'm being nitpicky because I have issues with overgeneralizations, going back some 10 years or so, since I started participating in dating sites and forums and such.

All I'm saying is that the whole "Why are all men pigs?" and "Why are all women crazy," etc., threads that show up (pretty much constantly) are really, in the end, sort of pointless.

Since they're not grounded in any sort of reality, since they have no other purpose than to allow one gender to blast away at the other, then wouldn't it make more sense to just sidestep the cliche and deal with whatever the REAL issues are?

Reasons why I don't make broad statements like..."All men are pigs" or "All men are cheating jerks..."

Cause not all men are. Just like ALL women aren't crazy, shoe hoarding, bad drivers...hahahah

There was no deep seeded emotional connection to anything that I said in a generalizing manner. What I said was simply to illustrate, going back to the OP 1st message, was that men can't blame women for not know what they want, when a lot of men don't know what they want either.

But in the grand tradition of things on any forum site...things get taken so far out of context and twisted so far around themselves that an orange ends up being a pretzel.

But I digress....hahahaha

Good luck finding your stegasaurus.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7