Community > Posts By > Tobias1540

Tobias1540's photo
Tue 03/11/08 10:21 AM
I have been doing some research and they call what the new swing bands are doing, neoswing. So I guess I am looking for more neoswing stuff to listen to.

Tobias1540's photo
Tue 03/11/08 10:12 AM

I love BBVD! I saw them in concert and had a blastdrinker I heard a new song this weekend called "Candyman"(?) that had a swing element to it. Would like to find out who that was...any ideas?

I believe its Christina Aguilera

Tobias1540's photo
Tue 03/11/08 10:09 AM
I have heard of them, they seem pretty good.

Tobias1540's photo
Tue 03/11/08 10:08 AM

I'm still praying for the arrival of DSL in my area.

Until then I'm stuck with my guitar, piano, violin and bongos. laugh

Nothing like good old-fashioned live music. bigsmile

If I had any musical talent I would be doing the same, but alas I have no talent in that area, unless you can't dancing.

Tobias1540's photo
Tue 03/11/08 10:06 AM
Is anyone out there a fan of BBVD besides me? And if you are who are other swing/big bands do you like?

Tobias1540's photo
Tue 03/11/08 09:58 AM
Is a program you can download. You type in the name a a band you like or they type of music you like and while connected to the internet it will play songs from those people, and people like them. It is my new favorite internet accesory, I have found so many new artists that I haven't heard before. If you are looking for new music this is an easy and awesome way to do it.

Tobias1540's photo
Tue 03/11/08 09:50 AM
how a bad day can be made so much better by listening to music. It doesn't matter what kind, it can lift your spirits for no reason at all, and can sweetin the most sour day. This post goes out to anyone who knows what the hell im talking about!!!!

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 05:34 PM

After typing in information into interest block and clicking update profile it mixes up the words in my interest profile. What could cause this? I've attempted this 4 times and results have been the same

The same thing with me

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 04:27 PM

Don't know if all of this is factual but I received this from a friend and am reposting it as some points to consider...............................

When will our pathetic Nation quit turning their back on God and understand that this man is 'A Muslim'....First, Last and always....and we are AT WAR with the Muslim Nation, whether our bleeding-heart, secular, Liberal friends believe it or not. This man fits every description from the Bible of the 'Anti-Christ'!

I'm just glad to know that there are others that are frightened by this man!

Who is Barack Obama?

Very interesting and something that should be considered in your choice.

If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all your contacts...this is very scary to think of what lies ahead of us here in our own United States...better heed this and pray about it and share it.

snopes.com ..' confirms this is factual. Check for yourself.

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from Wichita , Kansas.

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii.

When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.

When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, 'He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.'

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that that he is not a radical.

Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's
education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta.

Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background. ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegiance nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches. Do you want someone like this as your PRESIDENT?

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?......

We are not at war with all muslims, just radicals. Not all muslims are evil. And if he has knoweledge if the Muslim faith thats a good thing cuz he is better able to understand where the middle east is comming from.

By this post you claim all Muslims are against america, thats just dumb. In america muslim is one of the fastes growing religions, I live in MI and MI has the largest muslim city in the country, or atleast used to. You are using circumstantial evidence and plain ignorince to push your point.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 04:01 PM

Life is better with the CLINTONS in the White House Think back and remember were you living paycheck to paycheck, was every human being that you know stuggling when Clinton was in the White House??????? Obama.....he's alot of TALK!!!!!!!! sorry to the Obama supporters.....

And Hillary isn't. Not to be mean but untill they become president thats all they can do is talk. So technichly thats all Hillary is doing to.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 03:53 PM
So I found this peice of information interesting. I just found this out (cuz I am not voting for either). People say Clinton has more experience, but she is counting her time as first lady. If you look purely at the amount of time they were elected officials Oboma actually has more elected time. So when people say Clinton is more experienced what they are actually saying is that she has Bill behind her to tell her what to do. Well I just thought that this was interesting.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 03:47 PM
Im not pastafarian, but I have a friend who is. You guys deserve rights too.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 03:23 PM

EtherealEmbers, the pledge of allegiance is not a prayer.
Allegiance - the obligation of support and loyality to ones'
ruler, government, or country.

Tobias, I am not referring to any picture.

Well then im sorry but I have not heard that he does that all the time. I only heard about the cotroversy surrounding the picture and him not holding his hand above his heart. Though I think this would be a big deal if he never did it.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 03:20 PM
Edited by Tobias1540 on Sun 03/09/08 03:21 PM
I would go medium. Expensive is like taking advantage, unless the other person recomends something expsensive or says its ok. And going cheap is to me is kinda insulting.

If all else fails I order equal or less then what the person paying does.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 02:29 PM

what was th topic here

There really wasn't I was just bored and decided to post what was on my mind.

And thanks for the support everyone, but im not to concirened whether I get emails back or not im just having fun meeting new people.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 02:27 PM

I just logged on. Just read your email.

Thanks! Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. flowerforyou

Your welcome, and I hope you have fun as well :smile:

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 02:15 PM
to get responces to some emails I sent out. I love how you can see if someone has read your emails or not cuz there is no doubt whether that person wants to talk to you or not. If they have read it but don't respond you know they are not interested and you can move on. But I am just trying to pass some time lol. I hope everyone is having a good time today, and may all your emails get replies drinker

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 03/09/08 02:07 PM

A warranty company claims the Xbox 360 has a failure rate five times higher than other gaming consoles.

company that specializes in providing warranty support to purchasers of electronic goods from various manufacturers, claims 16% of Xbox 360s experience a hardware failure within six to ten months after a warranty purchase

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/red-ring-of-failure/1192354

True it has happened to me twice now, but I still love it.

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 03/08/08 11:46 PM

because he will post a dozen thread a night with the same topic..some variation of "woe is me", and when decent people take the time to try to help him, he rejects all that they say and starts a new thread. I feel like he is toying with people and playing on their sympathy and it is just wrong.

================================================================
I CAN SEE THAT NOW,CAUSE HE HAS'NT RESPONDED ONCE. laugh

he is probably starting a new "help me" thread as we speak

EITHER THAT,OR HE'LL HAVE A FRIEND BLAME EVERYONE FOR HIM LOGGING OFF laugh

That was a quick turn from asking why he was annoying to joining in on the feeding frenzy

LOOK,I FOR ONE.OFFERED HIM CONSOLIDATION....HE REFUSED BY NOT REPLYING.

Im not trying to be mean, but if thats all it takes to get on your bad side well I am going to watch myself.

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 03/08/08 11:44 PM
Nope the problem is sheeple.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25