Community > Posts By > Tobias1540

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 04/19/08 02:58 PM
Im not trying to make anyone beleive anything I am just playing the devils advocate devil

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 04/19/08 02:26 PM
This is an exerpt from The hitchikers guide to the Galaxy. It is a funny book that you probably shouldn't take even remotly serious, but non the less I find that this Quote is extremely interesting.

"The Babel fish is small, yellow and leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy recieved not from its own carrier but from those around it, It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. the practical upshot of this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any language.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anhthing so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. The argument goes like this : "I refuse to prove that I exist", says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But", says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? it could not have evolved by chance. it proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear", says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh that was easy" says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation."

Now if you use this logic, but insert evolution instead of the fictional "Babel Fish" it makes things a little more interesting.

Tobias1540's photo
Thu 04/17/08 02:40 PM
Edited by Tobias1540 on Thu 04/17/08 02:40 PM

Gamer Girls exist.... I think I have heard rumors but who knows.

ell oh ell.

Are we spelling things -fo net ic ly- now? laugh j/k flowerforyou

Tobias1540's photo
Thu 04/17/08 02:37 PM
Gamer Girls exist.... I think I have heard rumors but who knows.

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/16/08 09:03 PM
Thats good. Good Luck!!! :D

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/16/08 08:23 PM

You deffinatly need more information about you. Stuff that you are interested in and stuff that can connect you to other people. Stuff you do for fun, artists you like movies and other stuff like that.

What do you mean connect me to other people?

I mean stuff that you like to do and are interested in. Like say you have an obsession with a certian activity right now people don't know that. If you put down your hobbies people will know if they have something in common with you. Besides it makes it easier for people to send you an email if they know they have something in common with you.

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/16/08 08:05 PM
You deffinatly need more information about you. Stuff that you are interested in and stuff that can connect you to other people. Stuff you do for fun, artists you like movies and other stuff like that.

Tobias1540's photo
Tue 04/15/08 12:50 PM
the promotion of extreme thinness. This includes models, magizines, and TV.

Here is the link
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080415/ap_on_he_me/france_anorexia

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 04/13/08 07:52 PM
Crap I was going to buy the cd today, but i forgot.

Tobias1540's photo
Sun 04/13/08 07:52 PM
Crap I was going to buy the cd today, but i forgot.

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 04/12/08 11:40 PM
Its amazing how they weaved the story through the songs. It was also really cool how they showed the evolution of the beatles sound through the political climate.

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 04/12/08 11:38 PM
While the movie Across the Universe was awesome, the soundtrack is amazing. I love the new versions of the beatles songs. I have to have this CD I am going to go out and buy it. What do you guys think about the new versions of the songs?

Tobias1540's photo
Sat 04/12/08 11:30 PM
by Toby Keith. This song fits my personality so well, and to make the song even better I had a situation like this a little while ago. I here this song and I think about a woman who I haven't known that long but is special to me. Im just sitting here listening to the song and thinking of her.

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:47 PM
I am going to be in chicago in about a month. On TV I have heard about a restaraunt that is called the safehouse or something. Its is a themed restaraunt about spy safehouses from spy movies. As far as I know they do no advertising and the building even looks like the outside of a warehouse, and you need a password to get in. I would love any information about this restaraunt.

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:36 PM
“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien

“A truth that’s told with bad intent, beats all the lies that you can event” - William Blake

All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers” – Francois Fenelon

“Every single person in the world has a secret that would break your heart. If we all could just remember this I think there would be a lot more compassion and tolerance.” - Unknown

“Women get married and expect the man to change, and men get married and expecting the women not to. They are both wrong.” - Unknown

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:34 PM

I pulled the weeds out of my garden and kept the flowers.

My daughter's description of her life.

flowerforyou :heart: bigsmile

Thats really cute :smile:

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:30 PM
"As the bee takes the essence of a flower and flies away
without destroying its beauty and perfume,
so let the sage wander in this life."

"Think not of the faults of others, of what they have done or not done.
Think rather of your own sins,
of the things you have done or not done."

[Dhammapada 50 & 51]

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:14 PM

Iran is set to install 6,000 new centrifuges. They are ignoring the international community and the IAEA. Bet you there is going to be another war in Israel/Lebanon again this summer launched by Hezbollah at the orders of Iran. This will be done to take the heat off of Iran and put all focus of the international community on how 'evil' Israel is. Meanwhile, Iran will continue to install centrifuges, enrich uranium, and get yet closer to having a nuclear weapon.

Anyone who thinks Iran is pursuing nuclear technology for peaceful purposes are either completely foolish or a complete idiot.

Thats not our problem

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:13 PM

Apparently McCain feels the need to follow in W's footsteps, as he said that he would not "rule out" a pre-emtive war

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080409/ap_on_el_pr/mccain

Since the U.S. is the biggest threat to world peace they should pre-emptively strike themselves.

how do yu figure the US is the biggest threat? don't you think every country is playing it's own part in it or just the americans?

Peace on their lips - war in their hearts.

wow that was one of the lamest responses i've heard.....

i'd like to hear what canada to promote peace.....

oh yeah nothing.....

Ummmm not starting wars in Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq.

Unless by peace you mean war then you are right.

Tobias1540's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:13 PM

Apparently McCain feels the need to follow in W's footsteps, as he said that he would not "rule out" a pre-emtive war

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080409/ap_on_el_pr/mccain

Since the U.S. is the biggest threat to world peace they should pre-emptively strike themselves.

how do yu figure the US is the biggest threat? don't you think every country is playing it's own part in it or just the americans?

Peace on their lips - war in their hearts.

wow that was one of the lamest responses i've heard.....

i'd like to hear what canada to promote peace.....

oh yeah nothing.....

Ummmm not starting wars in Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq.

Unless by peace you mean war then you are right.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25