Community > Posts By > timp_2

timp_2's photo
Fri 11/02/07 09:39 AM
got all 3 movies, watched A LOT of the show... great stuff, but it's a different type of humor, and many americans can't appreciate it... too dry for them I suppose.

timp_2's photo
Fri 11/02/07 09:37 AM
honestly, the only anime-esque show that I can even tolerate watching.

timp_2's photo
Fri 11/02/07 09:36 AM
great movie, but seriously, if you liked the movie, read the book. The movie barely touched on some things that the book explained, and now when I watch the movie, parts of it make more sense (like why fezzik was rhyming randomly on the boat)...
book's amazing, and believe me, I'm not a reader by any stretch of the imagination. now the movie just seems second rate.

timp_2's photo
Fri 11/02/07 09:34 AM
since when is there a history of the world part 2?

"are we awake?"
"we are not sure... are we... black?"
"yes we are."
"then we're awake... but we are very confused."

timp_2's photo
Fri 11/02/07 09:28 AM
quite possibly one of the most messed up movies i've ever watched.

timp_2's photo
Fri 11/02/07 09:28 AM
I met Emeril (was in his audience for a taping and was on tv for a few seconds). the guy's a jerk.

having gone to culinary school, I can honestly say that Alton Brown is a food GOD.

timp_2's photo
Fri 11/02/07 09:26 AM
one of my favorite movies...

there's a tv show? surely you can't mean "The Office".

timp_2's photo
Fri 11/02/07 09:25 AM
... have you ever seen a grown man naked?

timp_2's photo
Fri 11/02/07 09:25 AM
I love scrubs.

I just re-watched a John Candy movie called "Wagons East!" the other day... never realized it before, but the guy who plays Dr. Cox is in it... he plays a gay guy who owns a bookstore. pretty hilarious.

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 01:44 PM
my grandfather just died a few weeks ago from alcoholism. his father, and his father before that died from alcoholism. my father is starting to drink more than he should, so it's a thing that runs in the family... I've got to be really careful about my future...

call it the curse of the Irish I guess. we all had addictive genes.

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 01:42 PM
oh, also, i might add, if you have the cash to spring (i can't find them anywhere else but online) there's a company called Smoke Free (i think their website is smokefree.com and they sell tobacco-free cigarettes... they're made from cocoa beans I think. I'm told they don't taste great, but it's supposed to help.

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 01:39 PM
i had bronchitis a couple weeks ago so i couldn't smoke for like, 5 days... so i just decided to keep going from that point... went 2 weeks without smoking and then 2 of my friends (who smoke) came over and i couldn't stand to watch them do it and not do it myself... so now i'm back to smoking but hoping to quit.

it's not even the niccotine, it's the habit that's hard to kick. i'm gonna have to quit after 4 more, because i can't afford another pack... it needs done though. it's really tough to quit without anyone's support... but at the same time, when trying to quit, i get grumpy when people tell me I can't smoke... that whole "you can't tell me what to do" thing.

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 03:10 AM
I'm a big guy, could use to lose some weight.

I've heard about some rough side-effect from the Alli weight loss pills... go look it up if you've got no clue what i'm talking about.

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 03:03 AM
San Jose fan here. I've even got an Owen Nolan jersey... now that's old-skool.

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 02:56 AM
yes sir, I did say Amish.

I can walk out my door and drive 5 miles and chances are I'll see a horse and buggy or two.

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 02:53 AM
aww man, i'm dissapointed. i thought it was going to go towards New Jersey.

funny nonetheless.

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 02:48 AM
I only ever play internet pool on candystand... seems like the only site where i'm actually decent... once i find a new place to live, i'll set up my pool table and i won't need to play online anymore. lol

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 02:45 AM
I'm going to go with an old Firebird or Trans Am.

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 02:42 AM
forget that, where are the TurboGrafx16 girls?

oh there I go wishing my life away again...

timp_2's photo
Mon 10/29/07 02:41 AM
it's all about the compromise.