Community > Posts By > timp_2

timp_2's photo
Sun 02/24/08 04:36 PM

Thanks, I am going to copy and paste this and make it during a "girls night." It sounds really good...and here I thought men were the ones that didn't want to waste time cooking!!!flowerforyou

I graduated from culinary school in September... there were 4 girls in my class, the rest were guys. lol

timp_2's photo
Sun 02/24/08 11:17 AM
Weezer - My Name is Jonas

timp_2's photo
Sun 02/24/08 11:14 AM

Damn he was right me and my roommates made it.

Excellent, I'm glad somebody actually used the recipe and liked it... it makes it worth the time I spent typing it up.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 06:39 PM
i haven't seen that movie in like 15 years or something...

I'm watching dumb and dumber because it just happens to be on TV and i'm waiting for my friend to show up.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 01:23 PM

BLEEP BLEEPIN madgrumble grumble
BLAH BLAH BLEEP!:angry: grumble grumble
NUKU ATAH WHO HAH BLEEPIN !!!grumble grumble grumble

R2D2 in the house.

You can be ct30
Is that his name LOL I dunno? LOL

C3PO... and I think he was a little too... effeminate for my taste. lol

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 01:06 PM
If you choke a smurf what color does it turn?
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
Why do you park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?
Why do they call it a building? Once it's finished, they should call it a "built."

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 01:04 PM

BLEEP BLEEPIN madgrumble grumble
BLAH BLAH BLEEP!:angry: grumble grumble
NUKU ATAH WHO HAH BLEEPIN !!!grumble grumble grumble

R2D2 in the house.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:59 PM
Edited by timp_2 on Sat 02/23/08 12:59 PM
Lets say (hypothetically) that Bruce Lee was still alive... and lets say a fighting tournament was organized that would pit all the best action film stars against one another... Who do you think would come out on top?

Examples include: Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Van Damme, Jackie Chan, Steven Seagal, etc. Hey, if you really think Arnold or Sly would take it, post that too.

Tell us why.

Me? I personally lean towards Jackie Chan... I know he does mostly goofy type movies now, but he was classically trained in a martial arts school for most of his childhood, and is an amazing fighter.

(and yes, I know this thread is a little bit lame and nerdy, but I'm a little bit lame and nerdy myself.)

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:53 PM
did you know that they made 2 Rocky PS2 games? I'm mad cuz I just found out about them, and for some reason I don't own them... then again, I've only recently become a Rocky fan... I've got them all... and 2 friends and I watched the first 3 of them back to back a couple weeks ago... we haven't gotten to watching the last 3 again yet. lol

aaaanyway... I can honestly say that I think Rocky V was the worst one... and by worst I mean I still liked it, just not nearly as much as the others...
Rocky Balboa was great... Rocky IV is a classic (we watched it in high school at least twice because of the propaganda)... but I think Rocky III is my favorite... you just can't beat Mr. T as Clubber Lang AND Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips in the same movie.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:49 PM
my ex girlfriend suckered me into watching it a bunch of times...
I'm really not a fan... but Peyton is hot, which made it bearable. laugh

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:47 PM
"I'd rather do something I love badly than do bad by not doing something I love."
Rocky Balboa.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:41 PM

DANG! That sure sounds like a lot of trouble! I just call Pizza Hut! drinker

The dough is the only really annoying part, and only because it's so time consuming. I suppose you could use a bread machine or something like that...

believe me though, It's worth the effort...

don't get me wrong, I love pizza hut, but I can't always afford to spend $20 on a pizza... plus, I don't even know where the nearest pizza hut is at this point. lol

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:38 PM

so, anyone else here read Gibran, do online gaming, have a fanatical love for cheese, play any kind of musical insturment, is addicted to tattoos and body art, and is aware of the intricacy of the balance that connects us 2 all other living things oh, and loves 2 eat chocolate naked? or is that a shot in the dark?

Gibran: no
online gaming: yes but not too much anymore
love cheese: yes
instrument: guitar, bass, (bad) drums
tats/body art: not so much
balance that connects us all: uhh... I believe in the food chain if that's what you mean.
chocolate naked: I like being naked... I like eating chocolate... I guess those two combined would be pretty awesome.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:33 PM
I made this the other day (mostly because I was bored) and I thought it was amazing, so I figured I'd share.

Ing:
3.5c flour
1c warm water (should be warm to the touch but not uncomfortable)
2T dry yeast
2T honey
1/4c olive oil
1/2tsp. salt
a bit of Pizza sauce (the stuff I used was chef boyardee pizza sauce with cheese)
about 8oz. moz. cheese (that's pretty much a bag of it)
whatever toppings you want... I made mine with smoked sausage, mushrooms, and onions.
whatever seasonings you like on pizza (garlic, oregano, whatever).

dough:
1)Pour the warm water into a bowl (if you have plastic use that. For some reason, doughs don't really like aluminum bowls... they'll work, but it'll kinda stiffen the dough up some).
2) Add the honey and salt and mix until well blended.
3) add the yeast and mix it some more. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
4) add 1 cup of flour and the olive oil and mix until well blended. Then, add the rest of the flour (and if you want to put rosemary or something in the crust too, this would be the time to do it)
5) mix well. the dough should turn into a ball. if it doesn't it's too dry. add a tiny bit of water. If it's too fluid (like a batter), add a tiny bit more flour. Adjust that until it's a good dough consistancy.
6) once it's balled up, put the dough on a floured board and knead it for about a minute to build gluten.
7) put your dough ball back into the bowl, cover it with a kitchen towel, and let it sit in a warm area for about 45 minutes.
8) punch the dough down, re-ball it, and let it rise for another hour and a half or so. (you can repeat that step one more time if you want... I did and my pizza turned out great)
9) roll it out so it's pretty thin and pizza shaped and put it on a pizza pan (actually, I didn't have one, so I used a rectangular cookie tray, which worked just fine. if you have a pizza stone, that works awesome too.) If using a pizza pan, leave some hanging over the edges
10) roll the overhanging edges of dough into the pan to make something that looks like the crust you get around the outside of a pizza, obviously.

pizza:
1) preheat the oven to about 500 degrees (yes, the oven needs to be really hot)
2) take your pizza dough that's already on a pizza pan (as instructed above) and pour about a tablespoon or so of your best Olive Oil on it. use a pastry brush or something to smear it around evenly.
3) add a little bit of sauce (just enough to coat the dough. too much will make pizza soup).
4) add a layer of cheese
5) add your toppings and seasonings (don't use too many toppings, and try to keep them consistent across the whole pie)
6) add the rest of your cheese
7) put it in the oven on the middlemost rack. Let it bake for about 10 minutes and check on it... mine took me about 17 minutes to be done.
8) cut it and eat it.
9) write me letters to thank me for the awesome recipe.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:15 PM
Edited by timp_2 on Sat 02/23/08 12:15 PM

I like Bears.......

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bears.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:13 PM
Short Skirt/Long Jacket by Cake.

I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
I want a girl who knows what's best
I want a girl with shoes that cut
And eyes that burn like cigarettes

I want a girl with the right allocations
Who's fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's playing with her jewelry
She's putting up her hair
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnng jacket......

I want a girl who gets up early
I want a girl who stays up late
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
Who used a machette to cut through red tape
With fingernails that shine like justice
And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

She is fast and thorough
And sharp as a tack
She's touring the facility
And picking up slack

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnng.... lonnng jacket

I want a girl with a smooth liquidation
I want a girl with good dividends
And at the city bank we will meet accidentally
We'll start to talk when she borrows my pen

She wants a car with a cupholder arm rest
She wants a car that will get her there
She's changing her name from Kitty to Karen
She's trading her MG for a white Chrysler La Baron

I want a girl with a short skirt and a lonnnnggggggggg jacket

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:11 PM
Santeria.

Mostly because of the guitar work. I dig most of their stuff though.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:10 PM
I kinda go all over the place and listen to a little bit of everything, but my absolute favorites are Indie and Irish Rock.

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 12:09 PM
911 For Peace by Anti-Flag
Beat on the Brat by The Ramones
Anarchy in the UK by The Sex Pistols
just about anything by Flogging Molly
Bar Room Hero by Dropkick Murphys

...bunches of other stuff...

timp_2's photo
Sat 02/23/08 11:59 AM
browsing some other website