scttggry81's photo
Wed 03/09/11 05:14 PM
the pot that called the kettle black

scttggry81's photo
Wed 03/09/11 05:03 PM
It wouldn't be PC for me to say...blushing

scttggry81's photo
Wed 03/09/11 04:57 PM
Baseball... MLB playoffs are about all I can stand to watch. 9 innings (or more) of watching no more than 3 active people at any given time gets boring after about 15 minutes...

scttggry81's photo
Wed 03/09/11 04:53 PM
Overkilling the cost of a first date. Especially in this economy. Seriously, a guy takes a woman out, he should pay the tab no questions asked, but women should show a bit of class by not going for the most expensive thing on the menu, or going over board on anything that costs money in general. I don't have a problem spending money on you, but I still have to be able to eat until my next paycheck. Hell, you wanna screw somebody over moneywise, you got family don't you?

Last part was a joke, as it is hard to sense sarcasm over the internet...

scttggry81's photo
Wed 03/09/11 04:42 PM
I'm single because my two most recent girlfriends insisted on accusing me of cheating every chance they got. The last one accused me of cheating even though I spent every free moment I had with her, and the previous one tried telling me she had photo evidence, but how can you have evidence of something that doesn't happen???

I don't know, most of the time I think I should just give up and stick to one-nighters and live free... But I do miss companionship.

Green Day had it right, nice guys do finish last (or smarten up and give up on the games women play).

scttggry81's photo
Tue 03/08/11 08:16 PM
I make my judgements based on factual evidence. Outside of that, if I don't know a person well enough to pass judgement, I give them the benifit of the doubt until I got enough to make an educated judgement.

scttggry81's photo
Mon 03/07/11 08:10 PM
Depends on the guy really. Every single one has a different way about them.

But if he is always trying to spend his free time with you, whether it be via phone/text, or in person; it's a pretty good sign. I know if I am serious about a woman, I have no other thing on my mind but her.

If you're serious about him, just ask him if the feeling is mutual. Do it in person though, because you can read the truth in a person's eyes.

scttggry81's photo
Mon 03/07/11 07:24 PM
On PC terms, I have a job that I love serving in the military where I'm an asset to my trade (Network Infrastructure). I'm the first male in my family to earn a Bachelor's Degree.

On non-PC terms, I hold the record at my fraternity for longest sex session. ~13 hours. I still kinda feel bad for the girl. ;-)

scttggry81's photo
Mon 03/07/11 03:06 PM
I feel sorry for your loss of somebody you really cared for. It sounds to me like the guy didn't really know what he wanted. As much as it may surprise many women, guys can be very indecisive too. I'm actually not afraid of commitment myself, but always end up with a woman that seems to be afraid of it. But then, I don't get into a relationship with a woman unless I see the potential of spending my life by her side in the first place. I have the view that why waste your time and effort on something that you don't see being there forever.

Not all men have commitment issues. I think it is more the case that the guys that like commitment, are already committed into a relationship, or trying to find the woman that will be committed to them. I know that is my issue, though in all reality I am not looking for serious commitment at this point due to the recent onslaught of bad relationships.

Don't give up all hope on men. There is one out there that will commit to you for a lifetime, just takes time to find him.

scttggry81's photo
Mon 03/07/11 02:51 PM
Income shouldn't be taxed. I'm in total agreement there. But I do agree our government runs on tax dollars.

3 easy steps to budget reconstruction...

1. CUT THE POINTLESS GOVERNMENT ETITIES. POINT TWO WILL PUT THE IRS ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK.

2. FLAT-TAX ON CONSUMER SALES. EVERYBODY BUYS FOOD, NECESSITIES, ETC... TAX THE PEOPLE WHEN THEY BUY SOMETHING, AND DO SO EVENLY. SO WHEN MR. MONEYBAGS GOES OUT AND BUYS HIS 250,000 DOLLAR CAR HE PAYS THE SAME PERCENTAGE AS MR. WORKINGCLASS WHO BUYS A 30,000 DOLLAR MILEAGE SAVING CAR. YOU DON'T WANNA BE TAXED YOU'LL KEEP YOUR MONEY BY NOT SPENDING ALL OF IT.

3. STOP OVERPAYING POLITICIANS. I'M IN THE MILITARY AND DON'T, NOR WILL I EVER, UNDERSTAND WHY MR. PRESIDENT MAKES CLOSE TO 500,000 DOLLARS A YEAR FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. FOR WHAT, BEING THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE, WHICH MOST ALL PRESIDENTS FAIL AT ANYHOW? FROM MY PERSPECTIVE THE PEOPLE STRAPPING UP AND PUTTIN THIER LIVES ON THE LINE DAILY DESERVE A PAY RAISE BEFORE THE DOUCHE BAGS IN POLITICS TRYING TO LINE THEIR POCKETS EVERY CHANCE THEY GET.

The only problem with those three steps is politicians need to push them, and the last one will definitely be a huge turn off. So before we fix the budget, we need to fix the politics behind the problem. Get the money-grubbing dickheads out of control and let the public make the decisions. The government that is by the people and for the people needs to go back to that standard. If the current politicians don't want to do what is best for the American society, then hang up your damn ties and let somebody who wants to do right by this country step in and get to work.

I know there are people that will argue my point, but then everybody has that right. I just want to see this country get back to the greatness it once deserved.

scttggry81's photo
Sun 03/06/11 10:44 PM

How is it not? You sit on your butt all day, all your life, you're gonna be sitting in the doctor's office at some point. Any genetic fault, when it comes to fitness, can be overcome. Did you know that you can actually be a couch potato and be skinny? Carlos Mencia said it best, "The reason you're fat is because you got more going in your mouth than is coming out the other end." So, when somebody is sitting on the couch for 4 hours a night, watching TV and eating snacks, then turn around and complain that they don't have time to workout, I laugh at them.

I work out and hour a day, 6 days a week. I do it in my living room, using DVDs and some resistance bands. I don't go out and go to the gym, I don't do any special diets. But I pass my PT test with a 91.7%. All while working a 40 hour week, sometimes 56 hours a week. I sure as hell don't want to spend my limited free time burning 400-600 calories a night, but I do it anyways.

You find me one genetic trait, when it comes to fitness, that forces a person to be overweight and unhealthy and I'll eat my words. But every genetic trait, in terms of fitness, in this world can be overcome in one way or another, a person just has to choose to make the effort.

After that one is figured out, go tell my ex's 7 year old daughter she's gonna be unwanted because she has a genetic trait that she cannot overcome.

she wont be unwanted, she will have prosthetic teeth in their place, which is much better than a mouth full of ROTTEN teeth,,,

people need strong healthy teeth to EAT and live, so IM SURE there are other alternatives for those with genetic issues so that they can still have a mouth that is healthy enough to chew and eat their food,,,

Actually, the dentist even said there is no alternative. Implants are the only choice she has. Actually one of my coworkers has the same affliction, and I've never seen so much silver in a person's mouth as him.

scttggry81's photo
Sun 03/06/11 10:43 PM
I do see both sides. The problem is, there is NO genetic trait that forces a person to be fat. There are genetic traits that will make people lose all their teeth by adulthood.

Metabolic syndrome, become more active, or take a medication that allows you to increase your metabolic rate.

Big boned, easier to get in shape because you have more lean body mass to move, when you choose to move it.

Diabetes, you can eat the right foods and workout to keep it in check, also got drugs for that.

The list goes on and on, but for every one you find, you can overcome it with a little willpower and effort.

When it comes to attraction based on physical appearance, I prefer to be picky about something a person can take care of. Floss the teeth of a person with no enamel(reference caused by genetics) and eventually they will fall out, that's out of that person's control.

As much as I would love to continue this convo, it's become circular. Have fun finding your flawless man/woman...

scttggry81's photo
Sun 03/06/11 10:30 PM
Edited by scttggry81 on Sun 03/06/11 10:33 PM
How is it not? You sit on your butt all day, all your life, you're gonna be sitting in the doctor's office at some point. Any genetic fault, when it comes to fitness, can be overcome. Did you know that you can actually be a couch potato and be skinny? Carlos Mencia said it best, "The reason you're fat is because you got more going in your mouth than is coming out the other end." So, when somebody is sitting on the couch for 4 hours a night, watching TV and eating snacks, then turn around and complain that they don't have time to workout, I laugh at them.

I work out and hour a day, 6 days a week. I do it in my living room, using DVDs and some resistance bands. I don't go out and go to the gym, I don't do any special diets. But I pass my PT test with a 91.7%. All while working a 40 hour week, sometimes 56 hours a week. I sure as hell don't want to spend my limited free time burning 400-600 calories a night, but I do it anyways.

You find me one genetic trait, when it comes to fitness, that forces a person to be overweight and unhealthy and I'll eat my words. But every genetic trait, in terms of fitness, in this world can be overcome in one way or another, a person just has to choose to make the effort.

After that one is figured out, go tell my ex's 7 year old daughter she's gonna be unwanted because she has a genetic trait that she cannot overcome.

scttggry81's photo
Sun 03/06/11 10:20 PM
Edited by scttggry81 on Sun 03/06/11 10:22 PM
My mother has genetics against her, but she is out of shape because she always quits working out. Willpower. Genetics are against me, but I overcome them. I work 40 hours a week, and 90% of the time I would rather just sit on the couch and watch tv all night. But I make the effort, get off my ***, and workout. As I said, I'm in the military, so I am kind of required to stay in shape, but it is also a point of health. Staying in shape keeps you healthier.

There are millions of workout programs out there. Some you can do sitting in front of a computer screen at work. The problem I see with some people is they try to say "I'm big boned" "I don't have time to work out" The key to being fit and healthy is staying active, keeping that metabolism up, and giving a crap about it. You can come up with any excuse in the world as to why you're not in shape, but that is exactly what it is, an excuse. The reason is you don't want to find a way to overcome the excuse.

scttggry81's photo
Sun 03/06/11 10:10 PM
Fitness and health is beyond genetics. Anybody can be in shape, they just choose to do the work, make the effort, do what they have to to overcome what genetics doesn't hand them, or they don't. I'm not saying I want Halle Berry, I'm saying that I want a woman that is of the norm. Somebody who doesn't spend her whole day sitting on the couch eating nachos and watching Soaps. Teeth, you can take care of them as much as you want, but sometimes you just don't have control over it. One of my ex's had a daughter that's teeth are all going to fall out before she reaches adulthood, because her body doesn't produce enamel. She has no choice in the matter. No control. She will end up with implants because her mother's medical will cover the replacements.

scttggry81's photo
Sun 03/06/11 10:02 PM
As a point of reference, I won't date a woman that is out of shape. That is something they can control, and it is a sign of character. If you cannot care about your own health and fitness it is irrational to think that they can care about me.

We all have preferences, but I don't base mine on things that are out of the realm of personal choice.

scttggry81's photo
Sun 03/06/11 09:59 PM
I'm not deciding what other people should do. I'm answering a damn question. Part of that answer is the fact that some people are way too superficial.

Be attracted to what you want, but if somebody is going to push somebody away for something out of their control then I guess they will find something wrong with everybody they meet. Too them I say, have fun being alone.