Community > Posts By > scttggry81

scttggry81's photo
Tue 04/19/11 08:42 PM
True love, doesn't exist...

Love is something you have to work at, constantly...

But don't take my word for it, I'm just a guy that keeps meeting women that don't know how to treat me like a human-being...

scttggry81's photo
Tue 04/19/11 06:08 PM
Bangor, ME - It is illegal to carry an icecream cone in your back pocket on a Sunday...

scttggry81's photo
Tue 04/19/11 04:47 PM
Just keep the Mexican Policia away from me... drinker

scttggry81's photo
Mon 04/18/11 08:49 PM

Do you know, with clarity, what you want or are you just winging it through your life?

A cookie...:banana:

Check that, pie... :wink:

scttggry81's photo
Mon 04/18/11 08:45 PM

Do you know, with clarity, what you want or are you just winging it through your life?

A cookie...:banana:

scttggry81's photo
Sun 04/17/11 11:47 PM
I try not to dwell on ideas that make movie plots... Reality is a lot easier to deal with when you realize it's all we got...

scttggry81's photo
Sun 04/17/11 09:27 PM
I've been through this a few times... I've found that surrounding yourself with your true friends helps, though it sucks if those people are mutual with you and your ex. Exercise is a cure-all. You not only get to put out all that energy and focuse on something other than the break-up, but you also do something to better yourself.

Time, it's the only real cure, especially after long relationships. Hope it goes well for you... flowerforyou

scttggry81's photo
Fri 04/15/11 04:07 PM
Bumpah Stickah... I'm originally from New England so when I saw one on a vehicle in Arizona I just about pissed myself laughing...

scttggry81's photo
Fri 04/15/11 12:02 AM
Swear all the good ones in Tucson have disappeared...

scttggry81's photo
Thu 04/14/11 10:41 PM
Welcome to the club... lol

scttggry81's photo
Thu 04/14/11 10:30 PM
I've been in that situation a couple of times, well similar anyways. One woman actually used my attachment to her kids against me when I finally had enough of her psycho ways. (She was constantly blaming me for cheating, even though I never gave her a reason to think I was let alone I would never cheat anyhow).

It's tough when kids are involved. If it wasn't for the fact that she moved to Florida when I moved to Arizona, I would probably still be with her. Those kids were my life, and they were even calling me dad much to my ambition to not have them do so.

scttggry81's photo
Thu 04/14/11 10:01 PM
A recovery disk will merely create a disk that can restore your computer to defaults, generally factory defaults. This will consist of operating system components, drivers... etc that originally came with the computer. Personal files and such would need to be backed up if you ever tried a recovery from scratch, as they would be deleted in the process.

I would highly recommend getting a cd or dvd burner. You can get fairly cheap ones now-a-days. Saving all that information to floppies is not only time consuming, but could take a lot of space (read a lot of disks). In the end going out and buying a 50 dollar external cd burner would be more cost effective because you can put a lot more on a CD.

Just my 2 cents...

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/13/11 10:24 PM
Edited by scttggry81 on Wed 04/13/11 10:24 PM
Religion just like Politics and Laws, needs to be adjusted with the times...

There is still a law in Bangor, Maine that you cannot walk down the street on Sunday with an icecream cone in your back pocket...

Forgiving the idea of asking why you would be carrying an icecream cone in your back pocket, I would wonder what the punishment would be... Maybe they made you sit down, then eat it, because Lord knows eating a crushed icecream cone sucks...:banana:

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/13/11 10:12 PM

In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Jew,

homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was posted on the Internet.

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have

learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as

many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual

lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly

states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female,

provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine

claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify?

Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus

21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her

period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I

tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a

pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2

clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill

him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an

abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I

don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a

defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my

vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How

should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me

unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different

crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two

different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse

and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble

of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people

who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan,

James M. Kauffman, Ed.D. Professor Emeritus, Dept. Of Curriculum,

Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia

(It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian :)

LOL THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!!!

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/13/11 09:55 PM
I've been told that you will just know. Of course, I think I've been in love several times. I "knew" every time... lol

I have a feeling that when you're in love, you don't even question it. It's just one of those things that is a given, happens when it supposed to, and you just go with it without actually thinking about it.

Still trying to find it, but so long as I'm breathing there is always hope right? frustrated

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/13/11 05:32 PM
I've always been close to broke, I'm in the military...

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/13/11 05:25 PM
Hell, we don't even need a campaign. If Trump runs, he has my vote...

The man got himself out of being broke 5 or more occasions. He knows how to run a business, mind you running a country should be handled the same way. And he has the mentality to do what is best for the task he is trying to accomplish and isn't afraid to piss people off in the process.

We need a no-******** leader who first and foremost is going to take this country by the balls and steer it in the right direction.

I saw a great bumper sticker reitterating a statement we are getting used to hearing. "So how is that hope and change thing working for you now?" Yeah, we "hoped" for better, and "changed" for the worse...

November 2012 can't come soon enough...

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/13/11 05:12 PM
But, you get people that don't deactivate. If you make the conscious effort to let the site know you're deactivating, you've done enough to keep your info there. And, when somebody is searching profiles, they can't see the ones that are deactivated.

I come across the ones that "Last seen over a month ago." all the time, and it's like I don't want to see that same profile ump-teen million times. Obviously they are not coming back...

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/13/11 05:06 PM
Okay, fine... A month... A year is way to f'in much. If it's been a year, they forgot the account existed and probably aren't coming back to it at any point anyhow...

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/13/11 05:02 PM
Anybody who was not active for a duration longer than a week would be deleted. And by deleted, all information connected to, pertaining to, or referencing them would be deleted. Like they never existed. I hate these sites that keep your info forever and a day.