Community > Posts By > t22learner

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/15/08 03:05 PM
Obama

t22learner's photo
Sat 10/11/08 02:47 PM

This thread lost validity when I read the title.

And the poster...

t22learner's photo
Sat 10/11/08 02:46 PM
The OP is more of the same Karl Rove / Lee Atwater right-wing scare tactics and spearing. Hey, even John McCain is now rejecting the smear strategy probably due to polling, but some of the Rove disciples are very, very slow to catch on.

t22learner's photo
Sat 10/11/08 07:48 AM
The poster child for angry McCain supporters...

t22learner's photo
Fri 10/10/08 07:26 PM
Edited by t22learner on Fri 10/10/08 07:28 PM
I'm glad to see it also, but his own campaign and Sarah Palin have been fanning these flames. Their polling must be telling them the "paint Obama as un-American" strategy is backfiring. However, I do think John McCain is an honorable man. The campaign pressure must be incredible...

t22learner's photo
Fri 10/10/08 07:22 PM
McCain must be ruing the day he let the Republican establishment force Palin on him when he wanted Joe Lieberman.

t22learner's photo
Fri 10/10/08 07:16 PM

Makes one wonder why, if OBAMA has so much integrity would he not denounce these tactics?

Speaking of a COMPLETE LACK OF INTEGRITY, why is it neither republican candidate rebukes nuts in their audiences who shout out "TERRORIST!" or "KILL HIM!" refering to Barack Obama?

Republican scare tactics are un-American.

I'm glad to see John McCain speaking out now at his rallies when supporters try to paint Obama as un-American, etc. Of course his running mate fanned those flames, so I'm not sure what it all means to his campaign.

t22learner's photo
Fri 10/10/08 04:03 PM
The McCain's show nothing but contempt for Obama. McCain also didn't shake Omama's hand when he stuck it out, so whatever... You see things through your prism and others see things differently.

t22learner's photo
Fri 10/10/08 03:56 PM
For the record, I don't turn fiddy till Mickey Mantle's birthday, and I'm a red Sox fan...

So...

Tonight - multi-task working on 5 PowerPoint presentations, watching the Sox and fighting off whacked out neocons in the political forums.

Tomorrow - Yard/house work in preparation for the 1st birthday party for my granddaughter. "Dad, there's like 40 people coming..."

Sunday - Fly to Dallas for Sales kickoff meeting and probably miss Pats game...

The fun never ends!

t22learner's photo
Thu 10/09/08 05:30 PM
Sloan rocks. I saw them a couple times over the summer and wrote about a freakin' amazing show at Chicago's Double Door here:

http://www.fifteenkey.com/2008/06/i-cant-sleep.html

t22learner's photo
Thu 10/09/08 05:03 PM
"When a party, a movement, and its shills unravel, the panic leaves behind a pretty bad smell. Kristol, born with an impressive pedigree, long ago sacrificed his intellectual independence to the Republican Party. His career is a cautionary tale of the mental corruption that comes with political power, and it has degenerated alongside the conservative movement for which he’s been a tireless publicist."

- George Packer writing in The New Yorker

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/georgepacker/2008/09/ill-always-thin.html

t22learner's photo
Thu 10/09/08 04:55 PM

Wright,
Rezko,
Ayers,
Acorn.

GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT.

Palins Witch Doctor
Charles Keating
G. Gordon Liddy
World Anti-Communist League & Alaska Secessionist Party

This "guilt by association" is freaking lame, but it's all you desperate Obama haters have...

t22learner's photo
Thu 10/09/08 04:45 PM
You forgot ripping your hair out over "LIBS" and "DEMS." How does that figure into contentment?

t22learner's photo
Thu 10/09/08 04:43 PM

Makes one wonder why, if OBAMA has so much integrity would he not denounce these tactics?

Speaking of a COMPLETE LACK OF INTEGRITY, why is it neither republican candidate rebukes nuts in their audiences who shout out "TERRORIST!" or "KILL HIM!" refering to Barack Obama?

Republican scare tactics are un-American.

t22learner's photo
Thu 10/09/08 03:13 AM
Oh, and bill kristol is a chickenhawk punk.

t22learner's photo
Thu 10/09/08 03:12 AM
War, what do you think the chances are of a "terrorist attack" on our soil between now and the election?

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/08/08 04:50 PM
Edited by t22learner on Wed 10/08/08 04:51 PM
"Sarah Palin represents a fatal cancer to the Republican party. When I first started in journalism, I worked at the National Review for Bill Buckley. And Buckley famously said he'd rather be ruled by the first 2,000 names in the Boston phone book than by the Harvard faculty. But he didn't think those were the only two options. He thought it was important to have people on the conservative side who celebrated ideas, who celebrated learning. And his whole life was based on that, and that was also true for a lot of the other conservatives in the Reagan era. Reagan had an immense faith in the power of ideas. But there has been a counter, more populist tradition, which is not only to scorn liberal ideas but to scorn ideas entirely. And I'm afraid that Sarah Palin has those prejudices. I think President Bush has those prejudices." - David Brooks of the New York Times

t22learner's photo
Wed 10/08/08 04:37 PM

keep drinking that KOOL AID and never mind making any sense.

Hey Woodmeister,

If we're drinkin' (you betcha!) KOOL AID, what are you drinkin'?

t22learner's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:16 PM
How could John McCain think the "town hall" format favored him as he limped around the floor while Obama glided like a gazelle?

t22learner's photo
Tue 10/07/08 08:03 PM
Edited by t22learner on Tue 10/07/08 08:04 PM
"This was, I think, a mauling: a devastating and possibly electorally fatal debate for McCain. Even on Russia, he sounded a little out of it. I've watched a lot of debates and participated in many. I love debate and was trained as a boy in the British system to be a debater. I debated dozens of times at Oxofrd. All I can say is that, simply on terms of substance, clarity, empathy, style and authority, this has not just been an Obama victory. It has been a wipe-out. It has been about as big a wipe-out as I can remember in a presidential debate. It reminds me of the 1992 Clinton-Perot-Bush debate. I don't really see how the McCain campaign survives this."

- Andrew Sullivan in The Atlantic website
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/10/live-blogging-n.html#more

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25