Community > Posts By > t22learner

t22learner's photo
Sat 11/22/08 06:06 AM
Interesting transcript from "Bill Moyers Journal" on right-wing hate radio. Here's a sample:

Michael Reagan, son of the former president, suggested that people who claim that "nine-eleven was an inside job," a U.S. government conspiracy, deserve to die.

MICHAEL REAGAN: "Take them out and shoot them. They are traitors to this country, and shoot them. But anybody who would do that doesn't deserve to live. You shoot them. You call them traitors, that's what they are, and you shoot them dead. I'll pay for the bullet."

Neal Boortz went after victims of Hurricane Katrina.

NEAL BOORTZ:"That wasn't the cries of the downtrodden. That's the cries of the useless, the worthless. New Orleans was a welfare city, a city of parasites, a city of people who could not, and had no desire to fend for themselves. You have a hurricane descending on them and they sit on their fat asses and wait for somebody else to come rescue them."

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/09122008/watch.html

t22learner's photo
Mon 11/17/08 05:50 PM
Let the oil companies bail out the auto industry. After all, Detroit's gas guzzling products have contributed billions in profit to them.

t22learner's photo
Mon 11/17/08 05:46 PM

I listened to Sean Hannity today (why?)

He ranted about Obama, how he should state he won't raise taxes and lamented about what that will mean for capitalism.

Sean must not have been paying attention when greed brought capitalism to its knees in this country. We now need American ingenuity to find another way.

t22learner's photo
Sun 11/16/08 01:17 PM

Barack Obama raised more than 600 million dollars during his run for the Oval and that means that he has a number of favors to repay. I worry that when some of those favors are called in (as they always are) a number of people (both for and against President Obama) will be disappointed.

Most of the donations were small and from individuals. I also believe there was little to no PAC or lobbyist money, but I could be wrong. I believe the President-Elect have very few favors to pay.

t22learner's photo
Sun 11/16/08 04:53 AM

1. Field of Dreams - always gets me when he says "Dad, you wanna play some catch?"

Every time...

Also, "Brian's Song" with James Caan and Billy Dee Williams. When Gayle Sayers (Williams) gives an award speech and says, "I love Brian Piccolo. And I'd like all of you to love him too. And so tonight, when you hit your knees, please ask God to love him."

t22learner's photo
Thu 11/13/08 02:26 AM

Give peace a chance you say?

Yes.

t22learner's photo
Wed 11/12/08 06:51 PM
I'm coming to the conclusion that trying to squelch the hate here is a complete waste of my time.

t22learner's photo
Tue 11/11/08 04:44 PM
When you put your personal beliefs in a public forum, they become public and subject to scrutiny.

t22learner's photo
Tue 11/11/08 04:29 PM
Smile and say, "Sorry, I'm not interested."

t22learner's photo
Tue 11/11/08 04:11 PM
The Republican smearing of Obama has been turned on Palin, but fortunately nobody's threatening to kill her.

t22learner's photo
Tue 11/11/08 03:55 PM
I appreciate the sacrifice of these men and women, but I sincerely hope my children or grandchildren see a day when there are no longer US veterans of foreign wars.

t22learner's photo
Tue 11/11/08 03:53 PM

Policy is one thing but the personal attacks by the LIBS shows that they have no class.

I see. Is suggesting we "LIBS" have no class a personal attack? Just checking.

t22learner's photo
Tue 11/11/08 03:48 PM
Edited by t22learner on Tue 11/11/08 03:48 PM

In another reminder of just what sort of evil is done by men in the name of God ladies and gentlemen I give you this on the anniversary of the death of over 900 Americans.

In 1978, more than 900 Americans in a group called Peoples Temple, led by Rev. Jim Jones, were poisoned by cyanide-laced punch in Jonestown, Guyana.

For those of you who don't know about this event and Jim Jones I suggest you look. Especially after all those kool-aide remarks we heard during the last election.

People are free to believe in what they want to believe in without being criticized or mocked.frustrated

Lindyy
:heart:

The kool aid remark was referring to the blind trust his followers put in a person who said, "Drink the Kool aid."

Sorta like LIBS. laugh

Kool-aid tastes better than the "Hater-Ade" you swill. The Kool-aid was especially sweet on election night.

t22learner's photo
Mon 11/10/08 04:08 PM
Imo, he's considered our first African-American president because he looks African-American. His looks probably helped too. I doubt he would have been elected if he looked like Mike Tyson. We're a very shallow society and looks count. How else is Sarah Palin explained? :wink:

t22learner's photo
Mon 11/10/08 03:56 PM
"F#@%ing Chuck Norris..." - White Goodman in "Dodgeball."

t22learner's photo
Mon 11/10/08 03:03 AM

I really wanted to be wrong...

Oh, don't you worry yourself over that.

t22learner's photo
Sun 11/09/08 06:11 PM
I read most of the thread and then wrote my opinion. I really didn't focus on "Drew's" particular positions.

t22learner's photo
Sun 11/09/08 05:55 PM
What's your point? Should my opinion have been different?

t22learner's photo
Sun 11/09/08 05:48 PM
Cool thread. Of the 3 major major cable "news" outlets I believe CNN spends the most time reporting "news" while Fox and MSNBC are primarily outlets of right and left commentary respectively. In prime time, while I vehemently disagree with Hannity and usually with O'Reilly, I do see them having guests with opposing views. Hell, Hannity's sidekick Clomes is a "LIB" as quickie would label him. As for MSNBC, I am politically aligned with their editorial viewpoint, but I believe they are less balanced than Fox. I love Keith Olberman, but there's hardly ever a dissenting view on his show. Pat Buchanan offers a conservative viewpoint on MSNBC, but aside from he and Joe Scarborough, there's little from the right on MSNBC.

As for the "fairness doctrine," it absolutely should be a requirement of reporting news, but not commenting on it.

t22learner's photo
Sun 11/09/08 04:18 PM

Maybe if more people got a little something they wouldn't be so aggressive and mean. Just a thought.

Oh yeah. For some, I think even a quickie would do wonders!

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25