Community > Posts By > t22learner

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 05:08 PM
Actually, a high-school classmate of mine owns the company that makes the hummus... "Joseph's Middle East" Red Pepper Hummus with Oat Bran Syrian bread.

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 05:05 PM

I dunno but this is the first I heard of any Obama/McCain bashing in this thread

in his original post he said the media

It's in a political thread, and race is an issue in the media related to the election.

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 05:03 PM
...for the beer and tacos idea. I have some hummus too!

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:59 PM
Edited by t22learner on Sun 09/28/08 05:00 PM

ummmm there actually wasn't anything in this thread about Obama

True, but AB is an Obama basher. I'm just trying to help him get to the root of his non-apologetic whiteness issue. :wink:

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:56 PM
btw, where is ARABA?

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:56 PM

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:53 PM

Back to my original question. What's the apology or lack there of about?

Yeah, who's asking you to apologize? Is this some kind of guilt over your Obama-bashing?

There's clearly a racist element left in our society, but it's dying thankfully. Just because someone opposes Obama doesn't mean they're a racist, but some of them are.

If that's not you, then let it go. Nobody can make you feel guilty. That takes your consent.

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:38 PM

yes we are way, way, way better than anyone else in the world. So, don’t punish your selves with guilt over being great ...love it, live it and embrace it BABY!!!!!

Cause the rest of the world just wants to be as wealthy and as powerful as we are...and DAT'S THE TRUTH.

We can pursue greatness without being ignorant and arrogant. Jeez. I'm glad I got the hell out of the house today...

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:27 PM
Not that I've purchased an AC/DC record since "Back In Black" while in college, but they have an exclusive with Wal-Mart, so I won't be buying the new one...

DRM is Bull$hit and it seems AC/DC is stuck in an 80's mentality.

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 09:08 AM
Last winter, the CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program provided over 100 million gallons of heating oil to more than 224,000 households and 250 social service providers in 23 states.

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 08:38 AM

Imagine a whole country right under you, full of Commies...

I think many of us no longer fear "Commies." That fear-baiting term has been replaced in our lexicon by "Terrorists."

Someday we'll evolve further and get over that one too.

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 08:17 AM

maybe when we as a people quit sitting on our asses and...

...posting here...

I have got to go out today...

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 07:56 AM
I really have doubts about "clean coal." Coal is a filthy fossil fuel, and I wonder if the cost to "clean" it as a high-volume energy source is worth it. It seems nearly all of the alternatives (wind, solar, nuke) have an environmental downside. We'll need to balance a combination of technologies, but one thing is for sure, we need to OWN the market for some of these alternative energy before someone else does.

It really makes me wonder how much more growth this planet can accommodate. And if markets can't grow, what happens to our capitalist system then?

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 06:26 AM
This is more fear-baiting, neocon bull****. Are we going to war with the Chinese? Russia? Venezuela? When our own corporations stop exploiting cheap labor in the third world, then we can moralize.

Under Bush, we have our lowest standing in the world ever.

Attitudes like those in the OP make us look like moralizing hypocrites.

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 06:21 AM
What do you think he has wrong? Is every world leader who doesn't bow to the US a "lunatic conrol freak?"

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:47 AM
Edited by t22learner on Sun 09/28/08 04:47 AM
More Palin babble... John McCain's lack of judgment in selecting this utterly unqualified woman makes him unqualified for the office he seeks.

"COURIC: Why isn't it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries; allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, were ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the—it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:25 AM
Last night I saw one election scenario leaving Obama and McCain 269-269 in the Electoral College. (btw, it's time to repeal that relic)

The US House of Representatives would be left to decide the election.

To quote Marlon Brando in "Apocalypse Now," "the horror..."

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:17 AM

However, my posts are my opinions and my opinions only which could consist of some truth, favoritism, and what I choose to see. Nobody has to agree. It doesn't necessarily make it a lie or the whole truth. It happens everyday on the news and radio.

Can you tell me that you don't sway one way or the other when it comes to your posts and what you believe is the truth?

First of all, I support Barack Obama and I would like to see him elected with a solid Democratic majority in both houses. So yes, my positions are from the left. However, I will criticize Democrats and praise Republicans when appropriate and have on these boards. I'm not just a blind, partisan drone.

Two examples of this are my praise of House Republicans for slowing down the "bailout bill," and criticism this morning of congressional Democrats role in the current crisis from their 1990's easing of capital requirements for Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

When anyone's posts contain what I believe to be falsehoods, I'll call them out. As for "opinions," they should be stated as such, and not as fact.

That's just my opinion. I could be wrong...

t22learner's photo
Sun 09/28/08 04:01 AM

How about Obama's plaqn to raise gasoline taxes? Got some proof on that?

the current crisis(which results from regulations enacted during the Clinton administration in 1994) Specifics on this one?

perhaps it is his opposition to the gas tax holiday
supported by McCain and Clinton

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/05/06/gas_tax/print.html

oh and here is a link to the prescient article on
Fannie and Freddy de-regulation dating back to the Clinton era...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20080925/bs_ibd_ibd/20080925general01

Imo, opposition to the phony, election driven "gas tax holiday" does not equate to any "Obama plan to raise gasoline taxes."

As for the second link, it is pretty damning evidence that congressional Democrats loosened Fanny/Freddy regulations and contributed to the current crisis.

t22learner's photo
Sat 09/27/08 08:21 PM

How about Obama's plaqn to raise gasoline taxes? Got some proof on that?

the current crisis(which results from regulations enacted during the Clinton administration in 1994) Specifics on this one?

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next