Community > Posts By > mowildflower

mowildflower's photo
Mon 06/09/14 04:18 AM
We were before house-husbands, gay rights, computer dating, dual careers and commuter marriages. We were before day care centers, group therapy and nursing homes. We never heard of FM radio, tape decks, electric typewriters, artificial hearts, word processors, yogurt, and guys wearing earrings. For us, time sharing meant togetherness...not computers or condominiums; a 'chip' meant a piece of wood; hardware meant hardware, and software wasn't even a word!

mowildflower's photo
Sun 06/08/14 09:05 AM
Pam this is a great topic. I'm interested in what other folks would do with the money. I don't have a clue what I would do with a win-fall if I was to come in to some money. I have everything I need to live a good life, I live a simple life, I'm in good health, retired, live in a farm house in the country, have a fishing pond, have horses and dogs, and family all live a comfortable life. I like all my friends and want to keep them for friends and I know the best way to lose friends is to have them indebted.

I would give the money to a cause if I really felt it would make a difference but I don't. I believe folks need to be responsible for themselves. I worked too many years with programs that gave to the needy; the more you gave them the more they expected. The world is in a mess and it is going to take more than money to fix it. But that is another subject.

mowildflower's photo
Sun 06/08/14 07:45 AM
For all the beautiful people flowerforyou

mowildflower's photo
Sun 06/08/14 05:48 AM
love Great Thread...so refreshing

mowildflower's photo
Mon 06/02/14 10:24 AM
love love I'm speechless. Very inspiring. Beautifully written. A window to the soul.

A true Irishman's son found his way home to the bosom of his home land, where the heart resides.

mowildflower's photo
Fri 05/30/14 05:07 PM
Nice I enjoyed reading. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mowildflower's photo
Fri 05/30/14 04:59 PM
love love
Beautiful! I love the way you have once again shaped words to paint a picture for our mind's eye to experience.

mowildflower's photo
Thu 05/29/14 01:40 PM
I for one, personally believe
love is a basic human need,
to love and to be loved,
to feel connected,
to feel appreciated,
to know that someone cares.

Not everyone shares your opinion.
:angry:
Hate destroys...

mowildflower's photo
Tue 05/27/14 08:59 AM
The Eyes, the doorway to the soul,
The Soul, is reflected in the eyes.

True Beauty, is reflected in the soul,
Where Love resides...

mowildflower's photo
Sat 05/24/14 07:47 AM
Personally, I think "Old Farts" are rather interesting.

mowildflower's photo
Sat 05/24/14 07:42 AM
love flowerforyou

mowildflower's photo
Sun 05/18/14 02:38 PM

So nice to see you writing

Thanks Pam :wink:

I wrote this after a friend's marriage of 30 years, two children, two grandchildren came to an end. Her husband told her, he didn't know if he was in love with her anymore. She was crushed and she walked away. She felt she deserved better and wasn't going to play head games with him.

mowildflower's photo
Sun 05/18/14 07:16 AM
Self Care

mowildflower's photo
Sun 05/18/14 06:38 AM
Edited by mowildflower on Sun 05/18/14 06:42 AM
When you love a man or woman, the moment to part may come, which seems to be the nature of life. We often part from those we love.

If you try to hold on trying to convince your partner to stay, if you are angry, unwilling, nasty, mean, destructive, aggressive, hateful, and full of revenge, setting out to make your sweetheart miserable, you have not loved at all.

We do not control the direction of the wind, and so it is with love, we never know when parting will come. Therefore, when you are with your beloved love them totally; love them every single minute of every single day. When you love totally and completely love will blossum in you. And, if you part you will part in love.

When you have loved totally and completely you will want the best for your beloved, you will want them to be free to find what they are searching for, you will wish them well. It is better to part in love and in gratitude for all they brought into your life.

mowildflower's photo
Sat 05/17/14 06:17 PM
A Gift to the World

mowildflower's photo
Fri 05/16/14 05:43 AM
Love is the delicate art of caring for each other, everyday love, is the love that keeps us going. Everyday love may not be glamorous or romanic but everyday love feels comfortable, it is the love that shapes us into who we are. Everyday love is knowing everything about your sweetheart and wanting to be with him or her anyway.

There is a deep satisfaction in everyday love, you know the feeling if you've ever awakened in the middle of the night and felt the warmth and comfort of your partner next to you, or when you walk through the front door with hopeful anticipation that your loved ones are home, or you've felt a quiet exhilaration as your sweetheart greets you with a smile, or you've been tied up in knots with worry or stress and felt it melt away in your sweetheart's reassuring presence, then you know the deep satisfaction of everyday love.

Everyday love feels like home, it is home, a safe haven, a respite from doubts and demands, pulls and pressures. It is where you can let down, drop the pretending, take off your mask, lay down your armor, it is where you are accepted as you are, the blossoms, thorns and all. A resting place where you feel most like yourself and where you find and gather unconditional support that inspires personal growth. It is everyday love that builds you up, provides the assurance that you are lovable, ignites faith that good things are coming. It gives you another chance when you've messed up, offers hope when you've lost belief in yourself, and extends a cushion to rest upon when you're weary. Without such love it is difficult to believe in yourself; without daily love it is as if you don't have a friend in the world.

mowildflower's photo
Fri 05/16/14 05:34 AM
I agree with Leigh.

Your poetry is viewed and appreciated by many of us, you are a gifted poet, indeed!

Thank you for sharing. flowerforyou

mowildflower's photo
Wed 05/14/14 02:55 PM

mowildflower's photo
Thu 05/08/14 07:05 AM
Oh my, looks like we are going to have some stormy weather.

mowildflower's photo
Thu 05/08/14 07:00 AM

Good morning yall.
I can remember when this thread was was the fun place to be..and the longest running thread on Mingle.
The times..they are a changing.
Just wanting to say hi to everyone.

Oh how I agree, you have that right. I use to get up each morning looking forward to hearing about what was happen in other people's lives. They seem to be no more...

Here in central Missouri it has been a long cold winter, I am so ready for Spring like weather to arrive.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next