Community > Posts By > chris2460

no photo
Sat 02/10/18 10:32 AM
I've been lucky to have seen a lot of concerts (back in the day when you could afford to go)

best one ever - "Yes" Providence Civic Center 1977 right after Rick Wakeman rejoined the band. Incredible!

Close runner -up Pat Benetar in a small club in MA right after her first album "In the Heat of the NIght" as released - an amazingly tight band & her vocal were off the hook!

no photo
Sat 02/10/18 10:26 AM

Show of hands; who is from the southern states?

Don't come here if these names twist yur tvvt'ss... I use hun for women I see often at the store, or I use ma'am regardless of age if I don't know them, sometimes dear..

I also can't understand the shallowness of a lot of you

Therein lies the difference - if I lived in the South & someone called me hun or honey or sugar & didn't know me, I wouldn't be offended, but living in the East "baby" is used as a pick-up line. Guys will come onto you in a bar & call you baby, baby, baby & knowing they don't mean it, I find it offense because it implies an intimacy that's not there. If I've been dating someone for awhile & they call me honey, baby or dear I don't mind.

no photo
Sat 02/10/18 10:21 AM
I still don't know what the original poster means by "What 50 and over only" ?!!!laugh

no photo
Sat 02/10/18 09:49 AM
Life, love, food & music not necessarily in that order!

no photo
Sat 02/10/18 07:51 AM

The simple answer is, if you want a "man man" for a husband, don't marry a "man boy" and expect him to change.

Bingo

no photo
Sat 02/10/18 06:05 AM

told to me by a very dedicated ladies man(dedicated to being a ladies man)

because they CAN

he added that, for men, it generally doesn't have to be anything except they feel they deserve everything they want and if no one knows noone will be 'hurt'

for women, it generally is because they feel neglected in some way

,,,not my words, but straight from the ladies man

I totally agree !

no photo
Sat 02/10/18 06:04 AM

Why do so many people lack integrity?

Because they have no moral compass.

no photo
Fri 02/09/18 02:51 PM

Who are some of your favorite bands/artists? What are some of your favorite songs? I'm looking for new music to listen to, so give me some suggestions please. :smile:

Where do I start? You really need to check out old Robert Palmer - his 70's stuff - I found a great clip of him Singing with James Brown one of his idols it was fantastic.

Little Feat - Dixie Chicken

Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy & Inner City Blues

Annie Lennox her first solo album Diva

Joni Mitchell - Hejira she plays with Max Bennett, Don Alias & Jaco Pastorius

Sarah Maclachlin - the Album Surfacing - check out her Mirror Ball Tour

no photo
Thu 02/08/18 05:25 AM
you guys are a riot!

rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Wed 02/07/18 12:07 PM

I once went on a date with a life sized cardboard cutout of Matt Damon .. he was the perfect date .. didn't eat or drink much and never said a word all night . I wore a slinky evening dress and he looked so handsome in his tux love love
After dinner we went to a nightclub... I danced with other men while he watched . At the end of the night I took him home and threw him under my bed ... smiling st how much I had laughed all night . My girlfriend double dated with Andy Garcia . We were both single at that time and decided why should we be stuck at home ... It was certainly my funnirst valentines date ever ..the reaction of people we met that night kept us entertained .

If you find yourself single .., how do you entertain yourself on Valentine's Day :wink:

What a great idea! - it sounds like it was fun. *** for me, if I'm not in a relationship I don't celebrate it.
It's sort of a Hallmark Holiday anyway ! lol
would you go to a singles masquerade ball .. that sounds a fun way to spend Valentine's Day .waving

If I had the opportunity, yes I would - I love Halloween - dressing up & pretending to be someone else.
waving

no photo
Wed 02/07/18 12:04 PM
I do - also remember Cllint Eastwood on the tv series "Rawhide". I was a little girl & I couldn't decide who was cuter - Rowdy Yates or the guy who played the trail boss. I guess it was my first crush! smitten

no photo
Wed 02/07/18 12:01 PM

I once went on a date with a life sized cardboard cutout of Matt Damon .. he was the perfect date .. didn't eat or drink much and never said a word all night . I wore a slinky evening dress and he looked so handsome in his tux love love
After dinner we went to a nightclub... I danced with other men while he watched . At the end of the night I took him home and threw him under my bed ... smiling st how much I had laughed all night . My girlfriend double dated with Andy Garcia . We were both single at that time and decided why should we be stuck at home ... It was certainly my funnirst valentines date ever ..the reaction of people we met that night kept us entertained .

If you find yourself single .., how do you entertain yourself on Valentine's Day :wink:

What a great idea! - it sounds like it was fun. *** for me, if I'm not in a relationship I don't celebrate it.
It's sort of a Hallmark Holiday anyway ! lol

no photo
Wed 02/07/18 11:58 AM

When someone you don't know or barely know assigns you a pet name or endearment, does get under your skin?

I'm not talking about when an elderly person refers to you as Dear...probably because they've forgotten your name.

I'm not talking about the lady at the register or DMV who calls everyone Sugar...probably to avoid using the word Ma'am.

To me Baby, Sugar, Sweetheart and Darling, and the like, are endearments reserved for family, dearest friends and intimate partners. I guess to me their use is more of a right to be earned.

What say you?

I don't use babe,baby,sweetie,horny.
However, I would use beautiful, if I thought she is,pretty,adorable,dear, depending on her profile pic and how good her written articulation is.
Now ladies, would you be offended if I called you pretty,beautiful,adorable ?

Actually yes -esp if you don't know me - no offense but it sounds as though you are using a line.

no photo
Fri 02/02/18 03:41 PM
really nice profile .. good luck & welcome to mingle happy

no photo
Thu 02/01/18 04:00 AM

good post

Thanks!happy

no photo
Sun 01/28/18 11:38 AM
I've met guys from other sites but not this one... yet!

no photo
Sun 01/28/18 03:07 AM

My name is not Baby!

Well Babycakes, I would much rather suffer an endearment
than something like 'Yo, biotch' whereas, in writing, say
on a dating site, that might work where 'Baby' simply
will not.

'Baby' probably should be earned :-)

Absolutely ! otherwise it implies an intimacy that not's there

:thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 01/26/18 03:59 PM

stupid people nowadays? People seemingly cannot tolerate differences of opinion. People have no idea how to interact, meet, and socialize with other people? People who cannot find their a$$ with two hands and a mirror? What the hell is going on?

have also noted that a simple act of kindness now is treated as an exception...something that makes headlines...amazing!

Isn't it though - I remember about 10 years ago I went back to school & i was talking to a young guy & I happened to mention the "Golden Rule & he didn't even know what it was - so sad.

no photo
Thu 01/25/18 04:57 AM

Flavors of Wrong..
Would make a good Chinese restaurants name.. flavors of Wong..lol..jk.

rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Wed 01/24/18 02:52 PM
great question!

kind, compassionate, smart - just off the top of my head...

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25