Community > Posts By > Narlycarnk

Narlycarnk's photo
Fri 08/24/18 05:27 PM
I agree. If someone wants to make up a word they should do it for something that is not already named. Too confusing otherwise.

Narlycarnk's photo
Fri 08/24/18 04:55 PM
Hot

Rock climbing?

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 08/23/18 05:09 PM
I am onboard with the petition.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 08/23/18 04:15 PM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Thu 08/23/18 05:07 PM

Why dont we invest in changing auto standards so that cars cannot go above the fastest stated speed limit in the US (80)mph .

Towns hire traffic cops to make money off of speeders. Having the maximum speed limit default to cruise control would be more effective then full time traffic cops, because a considerable amount of money is invested on people’s lives, and to throw That away for a compensational, marginal profit made from tickets is wasteful of real resources. Plus, not having traffic cops would bring more unity between people and the government.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 08/23/18 10:08 AM
That is very good advice, which I will attempt to follow.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 08/23/18 05:39 AM
If they put engineers in charge of the government, politicians in charge of the newspaper, and journalists in charge of decoration, then the world will be a much better place.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 08/23/18 05:05 AM
I just want some friends and place in the mountains to hike. I am not concerned with a girlfriend.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 08/23/18 04:49 AM
What kills me is when environmentalists think that oil is worse than coal.

Narlycarnk's photo
Thu 08/23/18 04:42 AM
The worst is misinformation about what people want. If people would just come together and seek what the people ESSENTIALLY want, then it would be much easier for policy makers to achieve that.

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 08/22/18 05:31 PM

Do you need LSD?
Try LDS!

Why LDS?
And , why the exclamation point after said suggestion?

I copied it from a bulletin I saw because I thought it was interesting. I do not endorse it over any other denomination; and I am Presbyterian. Nevertheless, I do not have anything against it, since as far as I am aware it is just another living testament of Jesus.

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 08/22/18 04:24 PM
Do you need LSD?
Try LDS!

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 08/22/18 09:30 AM

Dating has changed a LOT. It's probably good to be a little scared/cautious with all the BS out there.

waving

So maybe I am soul-sucking alien. But I am still interested in hearing about what is going on down on earth since I can’t be there, and I will not judge you for being human.

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 08/22/18 04:45 AM
Long live the challenge of fitting in; we want you on here.

Narlycarnk's photo
Tue 08/21/18 03:48 PM
I have thought about it and I believe you are right. I am going to learn more about the holidays associated with Easter (Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Maundy Thursday, the Ascension of the Lord and Pentecost) so I can celebrate them next year.

Narlycarnk's photo
Mon 08/20/18 05:40 PM
I washed my hands when leaving the pasture, because I am such a germ freak. I washed them in a cattle wallowing puddle which had a nice seashell-sulfur smell to it.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 08/19/18 05:57 PM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Sun 08/19/18 05:59 PM
Proverbs 15:33

The fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom,
and humility comes before honor.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 08/19/18 05:48 PM
That sounds like a dark road and very well written.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 08/19/18 02:08 PM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Sun 08/19/18 02:10 PM
Mutual assured destruction that looms with nuclear arms on hand can be used for both offense and defense, while a device for peace would ideally only be useful for defense.

It only has shock value; it is only one of many inspirations to do the work of world peace.

Also, actual bombs have an unfortionate tendency to blow up, and nobody wants that risk.

The one who has the most power with such a device is the one who cares the least, or even the one who has the most evil intentions.

Also, people would be too preoccupied making bomb shelters for their personal security rather than spending time working progressively.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 08/19/18 12:23 PM

I've never smoked a cigarette, or other stuff.

Only one time.

I used to carve all kind of things out of wood when I was a kid, like wooden bowls, cups, and sling shots. One time I carved a long stem pipe and gave it to a stoner as a gift. I carved another one. I wanted to test it to see how well it actually worked, so I grabbed some pine needles off the ground and smoked them in the pipe - I only got one breath, which caused a deep pain in my chest. I could taste the stuff coming up out of my lungs for nearly two weeks, and felt limited on oxygen while working out for literally several months, and I also got bronchitis within that time window, which I never get. It all went away completely after a few months, after that one time event. I am surprised smokers survive as long as they do.

I did not give the pipe as a gift to anyone. I burned it.

However, I have consumed hallucinogenic herbs before, in moderation, and I have nothing against that.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 08/19/18 11:39 AM
I’m thinking there are a lot of people who have been gone or else quiet lately