Community > Posts By > Narlycarnk

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 11/17/19 09:49 AM
My apartment is creaking like an old ship in all this wind.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 11/17/19 07:43 AM

When I was 10, my sister and I were hauled in front of this
huge lawyer (everyone looked big to us) I remember his name
plate to this day (it was at my height) 'Orlando Bowman' it
said.

It was my Dad's lawyer, he said to us, 'so who do you girls
want to live with after the divorce?'

Without thinking at all we both said 'our Mother'.

'Alrighty then, they won't be testifying, send them home.'

You kind of realized in the moment that life as you knew it
would never be the same.

Oh wow. That is a real turning point in life. Good one!

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 11/17/19 07:40 AM
For example,

One time I jumped out of the tree into the bushes. When I went to walk, I realized I had landed next to an iron post in the ground, so close that it was an inch from my skin and caught on a wrinkle in my pants, ripped through my cloths, and extended into the back of my T-shirt. I was staked in place but thankful I was not slain through the rear end.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 11/17/19 07:23 AM
If there are any brief memories that stand out in your mind as significant or unusual, or meaningful to you in some way or another, state them here.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 11/17/19 07:14 AM
Welcome on here biggrin

Narlycarnk's photo
Sun 11/17/19 06:54 AM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Sun 11/17/19 07:00 AM
If someone worships a spirit, that is their God. Not everyone worships the same thing or the same way. I get pretty crazy when I worship. If someone does not worship something, then it does not exist to them as a God, though the spirit may exist. Certain Native Americans worship the spirit of snakes for protection. I don’t think snakes want to be worshiped unless they are deeply understood; otherwise, I suspect they just want to be left alone. There is nothing wrong with the snake; God even came to the earth in the image of a snake in the same way he came through Christ as a human.

Numbers 21:4-9 New International Version (NIV)

The Bronze Snake

4 They traveled from Mount Hor along the route to the Red Sea,[a] to go around Edom. But the people grew impatient on the way; 5 they spoke against God and against Moses, and said, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food!”

6 Then the Lord sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. 7 The people came to Moses and said, “We sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray that the Lord will take the snakes away from us.” So Moses prayed for the people.

8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

Christianity worships three spirits together as one God.

This includes the spirit of ....

Truth; the universe; just “God”

One who carried his spirit across the threshold of life and death for all the earth to share the experience of others, so that we don’t have to. (Jesus Christ)

The spirit of a society; Holy Spirit, or Ghost. Free from ghost of past relationships, church communities, authorities, parents, etc..

I have seen the Holy Spirit recently and it fills me with inspiration.

Narlycarnk's photo
Sat 11/16/19 04:45 PM
Native American Dreamcatcher

“ they catch all dreams, good and bad. The bad dreams get caught up in the wedding and held there until morning, then burn off. When caught, good dreams know their way to the center hole where they are held by the feather until morning when they are released to return another night. “

Narlycarnk's photo
Sat 11/16/19 01:21 PM

Thinking whatever happened to nice afternoon drives? I figured with the speed limit being 25, the road I took would be a nice scenic drive and would help familiarize me with different routes home... I spent more time watching out for the idiot tailgating me. grumble

Thinking it was still a nice drive, even though I missed the turn I was supposed to take and ended up circling back around to town opposite of home. slaphead laugh

It happens there too? I miss those days. People seem to be in a hurry. I need to get a bumper sticker to get them to back off!

Just slam on the brakes, haha

Narlycarnk's photo
Sat 11/16/19 01:12 PM
No, ’cept with the whole class in elementary school.

Have you ever had your clothes catch on something and save you from serious injury?

Narlycarnk's photo
Sat 11/16/19 05:02 AM
Have 6 to 12 oysters. It will certainly help but it wont be like a magic fix, unless you are deficient on zinc, that is.

Narlycarnk's photo
Fri 11/15/19 05:48 PM
Cheers to sleep. drinker

The sidewalk is such a wonderful invention.

The pineneedles on the ground are glistening in the rain.

Narlycarnk's photo
Fri 11/15/19 04:41 PM
I have not.

Have you ever wished for peace and understanding with the spirits of nature and of people.

Narlycarnk's photo
Fri 11/15/19 04:22 PM
Dear anonymous universal force, why does suffering feel so good when nothing is actually wrong?

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 11/13/19 04:10 PM
Over here in the US, people in relationship belong to each other. No one really thinks of women as having an owner.

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 11/13/19 04:01 PM
Cracking up means laughing.

Corporations do use the “sex sells” tactic, though I don’t know how it affects the clothing industry. Those corporations are nothing but trouble, haha. That is also the reason why the scammers, who are trying to get credit card numbers, make zillions of fake profiles full of promiscuity.

Narlycarnk's photo
Wed 11/13/19 12:44 PM
Edited by Narlycarnk on Wed 11/13/19 01:06 PM

I've been housebound for the last few weeks.
Only going out for short trips to the store, during the day.
At night, I stay inside.
Lots of traffic so all my blinds are closed to reduce the noise.
I normally don't look at the Moon or stars anymore.
I wasn't even aware there was a full Moon.

My mood has been normal.
My contentment has been normal.
Since I don't normally see anyone except my GF or sometimes my son, I have no opinion on other people's recent behavior. My GF and my son seem the same as ever.

My health has recently been a lil worse but that can be contributed to the wonky weather with hot and cold shifts.
Yesterday it was 75 degs, today it is 45 degs, tomorrow its supposed to be 73 degs. I have sinus issues right now and if I don't have a sinus headache I am coughing from sinus drainage.
I seriously doubt that is due to a full Moon tho?

Beware of Flonase and other corticosteroid nasal sprays. They cause more harm than good. I mean serious harm that they don’t tell you about. The stuff is poison.

Though the issues arising from sinus action are not as bad, they can still be a serious concern and consist of sleep loss from disrupted breathing, sinus infection from clogged sinuses, and development of allergies over time. These things can easily be prevented.

Nasal breathing strips, or if you’re like me, snorkel mouthpiece to keep the mouth open instead of the nose, are a way to prevent disrupted sleep.

The sinuses themselves do the best job, in the healthiest way, to fight off sinus infections. Adequate hydration, vitamin c, and zinc can help speed it up. Elevating the bed so it has a slight slant downward from head to foot, can ensure drainage at night to prevent mucus congestion. When the turbinates become exhausted of producing mucus and dry out, they will swell up and close the nasal airways shut, but it is not from mucus congestion.

If there is mold or allergens, the only sure way of handling it that I know of is to get rid of the source, dust everything, and if there is a moisture/mold problem in the building, move to a new building (microbial VOCs from mold are allergens and, unlike spores, they are a vapor and can seep through the walls. The moisture will soak through the walls too which provides a substrate for mold With spores to start growing on the walls and anything that gets moist and get spores all over everything. Heat of a clothes drier or above 180F for enough time will get through the cell walls of the spores and kill them.). If allergens are gotten away from completely, the disease fighting response will go away, and the allergies themselves will go away over time and after acclimation to normal environmental concentrations.

Hope you feel better.

Narlycarnk's photo
Tue 11/12/19 06:03 PM
Once I was with a group of people started changing into winter water sports clothes in the parking lot, stripping nude and redressing. The women there did the same. The expression on their face did not look like they wanted catch people’s attention sexually, it looked like they did not care at all what other people thought of them. I was mainly caught by that it was unusual and that it was very cold outside. There was no other shock value than that. I was certainly aware that they had very beautiful natural form, but did not think of them sexually because nothing about their manner implicated sexual invitation. Women are beautiful.

But that is nudity, not promiscuity. Promiscuity in place of communication is just confusing and numbing though.

Narlycarnk's photo
Tue 11/12/19 05:04 AM
Sex is obnoxious but mostly harmless if you see it for what it is, just something obnoxious, like the neighbors chainsaw on Saturday morning. I am sure I would feel differently if I had a lot of yard work to do. Better to talk about it as a non-hot-button topic. It is what it is and I think it is good when attention is clear if it is about sex or about something else, because non-sexual attention/affection is a very important and good thing. There’s often a short supply of non-sexual attention/affection.

Narlycarnk's photo
Mon 11/11/19 04:17 PM
I understand anxiety all too well. Good luck in your part of the world.

Narlycarnk's photo
Mon 11/11/19 08:46 AM

I'm thinking that I need help with my new bar and grill.

I'm a bartender but I have attitude

Ot wondering why only the weirdos are on at night. Ohh wait I'm on umm nevermind :joy:

What! You must be just saying that so you can understand people like me better; because, in actuality, you are so much more valuable to us.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25