Community > Posts By > jasonpfaff

jasonpfaff's photo
Thu 02/11/10 09:48 PM
Edited by jasonpfaff on Thu 02/11/10 09:56 PM

So why are you sneeking a pick?
Are you hooked? ? ?

Lol, ok you got me, I dont get it. Sneeking a pick? tongue2
Or do you mean peek?
If you doJane, I will admit the suspense of the bloody battles to the death (or to the discreditation<yes I know that may not be a word>) can be quite intriguing and entertaining at times.
If you miss me that much I promise sometime soon I will make time to enter the battlefield once more, if even for a short while. I would hate for you to get bored after all. ( =

jasonpfaff's photo
Thu 02/11/10 06:25 PM

I believe Jason has been temporarily barred from participating in the forums -- probably because of using the "unliterary" expressons...

Or, perhaps Jason goes to school full time and does not always have the time to practice defending himself and his ideas.

jasonpfaff's photo
Tue 01/26/10 04:20 PM

Think about right here, right now, in your face daily life philosophy.

What is yours?

Without entertaining deep thoughts, what is philosophical about that?

huh

It is the antithesis of philosophy.

One word (hyphenated) : Winnie-the-Pooh.

Another word: The Tao of Li.

Another word: The Pee of Thou.

Another word: The Mi of Tu.

The U of A

Go Cats!!!!!

jasonpfaff's photo
Sun 01/17/10 03:30 PM

The creator, the Eternal, our Father. other gods are not living (man made), He is the only living God.

To know him.....you need to read the Bible. But if you are not seeking him except for a paper or test.....you will be lost as a goose. One must be lead by the Holy Spirit to a correct understanding.....all other attempt will not lead you to the truth.....just a lot of confusion.

Some say that God, Christ, and the Gospel is just made up stuff for many reasons to control people. The changing of the truth is for that reason. But the truth is still there and is of a real living God, and only a true seeking will prove his real existance. Those to whom things are shown of coming events see them proven daily. The time is short. if you are not sincere in finding God.....it is better you remain ingnorant. But God will not foresake you, You will come to understanding and have a chioce in your own calling. Today is only a better calling to better things. Those of the first resurrection are those called today.

Only a sincere seeking being called to him will reveal him to you.

I dont really have an issue with a living God, but finding any answers in the bible can only be done if you realize what it is... which is an excellent piece of literature, not to be taken literally. Take the prophosies to mind not to heart as the saying goes.

only those truely seeking will find Him.

True, phycology calles it confirmation., you 'see' what you want to see.
Of course I can care less what anybodys religious beliefs are, and the bible has some good stuff in it. But some of the other stuff is pretty hard to ignore...
I guess my biggest problem with it is that anyone can interpret the text to mean anything, or in some cases, interpret it to fit their argument or agenda.
I would think if your christian, your primary..support, argument or whatever would be faith, not biblical context, I'ts to malliable.

Thats not to say CYCLOPS or anyone else here is doing anything like that, I was just making a commet.

jasonpfaff's photo
Sun 01/17/10 11:34 AM

The creator, the Eternal, our Father. other gods are not living (man made), He is the only living God.

To know him.....you need to read the Bible. But if you are not seeking him except for a paper or test.....you will be lost as a goose. One must be lead by the Holy Spirit to a correct understanding.....all other attempt will not lead you to the truth.....just a lot of confusion.

Some say that God, Christ, and the Gospel is just made up stuff for many reasons to control people. The changing of the truth is for that reason. But the truth is still there and is of a real living God, and only a true seeking will prove his real existance. Those to whom things are shown of coming events see them proven daily. The time is short. if you are not sincere in finding God.....it is better you remain ingnorant. But God will not foresake you, You will come to understanding and have a chioce in your own calling. Today is only a better calling to better things. Those of the first resurrection are those called today.

Only a sincere seeking being called to him will reveal him to you.

I dont really have an issue with a living God, but finding any answers in the bible can only be done if you realize what it is... which is an excellent piece of literature, not to be taken literally. Take the prophosies to mind not to heart as the saying goes.

jasonpfaff's photo
Sun 01/17/10 11:30 AM
Edited by jasonpfaff on Sun 01/17/10 12:01 PM

WHAT THE F./_HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? ? ?

Personally, I don't know who has, But I never made a comment about adjusting!!!
(such verbs aren't in my vocabulary...)

* * * This is like your claims of my calling you aFOOL!!! laugh

Anyways, I join voileazur in wishing you a speedy recovery!!!

Jane said:
And, so far, all he's accomplished is making quite "a fool" out of himself!!!
**********Though, I hope, he will adjust accordingly

" ... hope he will adjust accordingly... "

Also Jane said: "And, so far, all he's accomplished is making quite "a fool" out of himself!"

jasonpfaff's photo
Sun 01/17/10 12:00 AM
Edited by jasonpfaff on Sun 01/17/10 12:05 AM

jason:

:smile: To grow, one must accept change... Or make adjustments as you call it.

Too bad he doesn't heed to his own advise!-- ISN'T THAT WHAT BULYING IS? ? ? what shocked

* * * Nevertheless, I don't blame jason for his good intentions:
--> He's just got enlightened (through his studies) and wanted to enlighten the rest of us -- "Uneducated, illogical bunch of foolish guys and gals"...
________________________________BUT_______________________________
>>> that particular short-sightedness of his is what I find most objectional!!! (i.e. he erroneously presumes a bit too much!!!)

The main postulate of Computer Programming states:
"NEVER ASSUME! CUZ WHEN you _ASSUME, YOUR MAKING "a fool" out of U and ME * * *
---(sorry, but the vulgarity-checker doesn't let me use the 1st syllable of the word "ASSume"!)

And, so far, all he's accomplished is making quite "a fool" out of himself!!!
**********Though, I hope, he will adjust accordingly...

P.S. I find it curious Why someone, who studies Math, is so consistently prone to making THE SAME grammar mistakes? ? ?

Wait, you made a commet about adjusting. I agreed, and you edited that commet, which was origionaly posted before my last commet, saying I should heed my own advise..which was me agreeing..with you...

I feel...violated. That is low! Good God, just take a crow bar and beat me with it, that would be a little more humane.

jasonpfaff's photo
Sat 01/16/10 08:27 PM
:smile: To grow, one must accept change... Or make adjustments as you call it.

jasonpfaff's photo
Sat 01/16/10 07:01 PM

Complicate it all you want, but the simple truth is.... God is Love.

I liked this answer until I thought about it a little more, then it seemed like just a warm fuzzy answer that didn't really answer anything for anyone. If God is Love what is anger? Is that the devil. How about fear? You see my point... God would have to be more than just Love in my view, or Love would have to be way more than I think it is. I could however see Love being a PART of God, or something that God allows to exist, or gives to those who are worthy.

Whether or not God exists, or what God is exactly, or whether Christianity or Buddhism is true doesn't really matter and shouldn't have any bearing on anyone's actions or moral code. My reasoning here is that we can not know for sure about anything outside of our own experience. Thus it follows that it is only our own experience that we should draw on when deciding how to act. Treat others as you want to be treated, the rest is ultimately meaningless... until death or other revelation by a higher power. So, anyone been directly contacted by God recently? I personally am still waiting for mine.

God is love, anger and any crude emotion comes from the devil. Now love can be many things as well. Love isn't always just a feeling between two people, opening a door for someone is love, helping someone out at a hard time of their life is love and so on. God speaks to everyone if they'll listen. That little feeling you get when you're doing something wrong most everyone has called our conscience is God speaking to you. And fear comes from a lack of faith in God. If you have God with you, who can be against you? Anger is again of the Devil. Cause in all truth, if we did as we're suppose to and loved one another, there would be no room for anger at all. And again with some more love, two people haveing a pieceful entertaining moral conversation is love. Any time someone isn't being crude or mean to someone is showing love.

That is why people are relitively born rude. Because of sin, we are all born with sin because of Adam and Eve. We are born sinners and will remain sinners until we accept Jesus our lord and savior into our hearts. Then all that sin is washed away, because that is what Jesus came to earth for to be the ultimate sacrafice for our sins. Before Jesus came, people sacraficed objects and things of that nature for forgiveness.

I disagree with you on almost all of these points, but I would like to say I think you handled your self pretty well under fire. Good job keeping cool and sticking to your guns, I respect that. drinker

jasonpfaff's photo
Sat 01/16/10 06:57 PM

Jason,

From an interested bystander's position I come to offer you a little advice here. Voile is no dummy, and will read(pretty damned accurately I might add) the overt and possible/probable covert meaning behind your expressions. He has gained a tremendous amount of respect from me and deserves such from you as well.

Do yourself a favor here and quit answering questions for other people before they have the opportunity to do so themselves.

:wink:

Why help him to hide who he really is? Some, like JaneStar, saw right away.

Who am I Massage? The only oppertunity I have to participate in dialoug is when im under fire, and when it gets to that point, I could publish a masterpiece but I would still get shot down.
Ok, Im just as guilty of everyone else, but Im tired of having to fight my way through these conversations, so Im going to try something else.
Creative, your right, I was impatient and jumped the gun. Advice taken.
Voilazure, If you will repond to my prior post, the one about the cofee, Id be glad to talk about it. For the record, I never doubted your intellect. But it is very hard to have intelligent dialoug when your constanly insulting me. Mabey that wasnt your intention, but thats how I percieved it. If youd like to start again, Im more than willing, and I will attempt to meet and acceed your standards.
Im not very popular in these forums, despite efforts to cultivate and nurture civilized conversations (failed..miserably), but if You all are objective and logical thinkers, that shouldnt matter. Please do not allow any animosoty towards me come between a fair and free exchange of ideas.
If my argument is attacked, fair enough, ill argue back mabey we will learn something. If I am personally attacked..well what happenes when any of you are personally attacked?
Ill do my part to the best of my abilities, Im not perfect, most of you have been alive alot longer than I have, I have alot to learn. All I ask is that you all do the same.

jasonpfaff's photo
Fri 01/15/10 08:57 PM
Voilazuur, Im waitnig... I was using basic sylogism before to refute your arguments, but I actully did some research on your information, and I came up with some interesting stuff! So uh...where exactly are you getting your information? Id love to talk to about this, intelligently of course. There are some rather major contradictions and inconcistencies that I would love for you to explain...

jasonpfaff's photo
Fri 01/15/10 12:29 PM
Voilazur, I just got finished typing a witty rebuttle to your last message. But after about 3 seconds of thought, this is to much a profound topic, and your perspective to intriging and interesting to let pride and emotion get in the way of knowledge.
So Im going to drop my pride and predudice for a sec, and pretend were face to face in a coffe shop. I order My coffe black and strong, and buy what ever you will have...

Tell me if im wrong, But essentialy what your saying is reality is nothing more than perception correct? So can i say that we have to accept that there is individual perception, and collective perception? The essential definition of perception, is an individual or collective view of the universe based on interplay from past experience, moral and religous beliefes, influence, mood, time of the moth ect...

Now heres my question. If I say an unobserved object thing or system does not exist, what do I mean by exist? You said physics doesnt prove reality, You must not have to much knowledge on Quantum Mechanics, (not ment to be offensive in any way) does that mean that QM, and QT dont exist? I know for a fact they do, I have spent the better part of a year studying that facinating field.

So ultimatly, we need to define existence in the context your using. Unless Im missing something.

Im not attacking you in any way, Im asking and honest to God question over a cup o joe. Please respond accordingly, and lets prove evryone wrong that two people with two opposing views can resolve issues.
Thank you

jasonpfaff's photo
Fri 01/15/10 11:16 AM
Voilazer, First of all, scientific realism is doctrine and philosophy, subject to opions. I will not allow you to discredit science, and mix it up with this "realism" you speak of.
Science does not make facts. Science can be philisophical sure, if a guy is willing to take it that far, but science by itself is not philosophy. Science is nothing more gatehering infomation, deducing hypothosis and testing those hypothosis. (see scientific method) A theory is a PROVEN explination of a fact. It explanes facts, it doesnt make them. It observes, it doesnt create. For a theory to be a theory, it has to undergo rigourous testing. That being said, your scientific realism which is subject to opinion, is not valid in the argument. what is valid, is that Physics, (good ole objective non opinionated physics) proves that reality exist, and proves that other realityies exists. Science as a whole has proven that the world was ones human free, the world existed before man did. So did the universe. These are established facts and theories that are inarguable. You can argue with conclusions drawn from those theories, IE I dont think the big bang disproves God, but you cant argue with the theories themselves unless you have prove that has gone under intense scrutiny and rigourous testing, in which case you have a new theory.

you may not think my arguement inteligent because it doesnt fit with your ideas, but I think (and so does science) thats its pretty basic, and straight forward.

But before we go on, would you mind defineingreality and existence? I think if we both get on the same page we can avoid any contexct issues and mabey get somewhere. So define please...

jasonpfaff's photo
Fri 01/15/10 10:26 AM
Edited by jasonpfaff on Fri 01/15/10 11:02 AM

Voilazer, physics in fact does accept the existence of not only our reality, but many others as well.
That being said...
If I die, im not sure if the world will continue to exist...ill be dead. On the other hand, science have proven that there are othere realities and demensions in existence and that the universe would continue to exist without us. (see the last 100 years of science, specificaly physics, quantum theory and Bells therom)
Its a paradox ( =
Ultimatly, I lean towards Daniels side. Does something have to be observed to exist? If we use the scientific definition (which seems fitting) no, it does not have to be observed, recognized or agknowledged to exist.

It would appear to me, that Daniel, and now you, are confusing or rather collapsing the very distinct concepts of 'REALITY', the larger concept, and 'SCIENTIFIC REALISM', its subordinated concept.

I also notice that you 'jasonpfaff' take huge liberty of interpretation when granting science the responsibility of establishing what 'reality' is or is not. You claimed earlier :

'... physics in fact does accept the existence of not only our reality, but many others as well...'

Existence and reality are very much distinct, so are reality and scientific realism.

If I may propose a more appropriate perspective for the point of view you were trying to make above, I would first suggest that you may specify to you are talking about the scientific perspective of reality, and more specifically that you are referring to scientific realism. Only then could we meet your intention of installing a context of intelligent dialogue, based on mutual respect and open mindedness, leading to constructive and mind broadening exchanges.

Allow me to expand on the context you wish to establish with respect to this specific exchange.

It could be said, generally speaking, that this scientific perspective of reality focuses on determining 'observable existence' on the one hand (micro or applied science), and some 'non-observable existence' on the other hand (the eventual broader 'ideal state' science in general seeks to achieve).

Furthermore, science or scientific realism, doesn't 'EXIST' in a vacuum. IT doesn't pretend or claim to define what reality is!!! It very humbly and modestly seeks to contribute 'ELEMENTS' of reality to the already 'existing' pool, while respecting the already existing 'CONTEXT' for reality.

The perspective of scientific realism is very much subordinated to the field of epistemology, a cousin of ontology and metaphysics it could said, and children of 'Aristotolian' philosophy.

With respect to epistemology, the whole matter of observable existence made through scientific realism would belong to the school of thought known as 'epitemological internalism', while the non-observable existence would belong to the school of thought of 'epistemological externalism'.

That being said, all of it is part and parcel of the larger 'human defined' and 'consensus derived' concept and notions of 'reality'.

Until man, through thinking, distinguishing and 'languaging', NAMES particular 'objects', along with its demonstrable relation to others, there is no existence, as far as man is concerned.

The fact that man, through the scientific process, and subsequently through scientific realism, has NAMED into relative existence such objects (observable or not) as 'nothingness', 'infinite universes', 'the unknown', etc., fully supports the premise that nothing outside of 'our reality' exists!!! Including that which you refer as '... outside of our reality...' !!!

jasonpfaff's photo
Fri 01/15/10 10:22 AM

Wow. Ya'll talking way over my head but I am going to add my 2 cents. You only have to look as far as the Catholics to see what religion has become. It is the ultimate cash cow and it is tax free. I think the subject of the bible is interesting. It is a book. Books can be inspirational. It was mentioned that people need this sort of guidance. I do agree with this. I can only imagine the amount of comfort one might feel in this. I guess there could be worse books to worship. I read a book months ago called "The Alchemist". I found it enlightning and thought provoking. It doesn't mean I will sell all my sheep to go look for a sack of gold.

Good book!

jasonpfaff's photo
Thu 01/14/10 10:24 PM
Edited by jasonpfaff on Thu 01/14/10 10:25 PM
Heres another thought...
I think everyone has the capability of having a 'free will' but its up to the individual to embrace that concept.
For instance, a guy listens to the radio and heres someone bashing the current president. Upon hearing these things, this guy feels angry and cheated that someone in a leadership possistion would do a thing like that, he cant believe that he was fooled and wounders why he didnt see it before. So he tells his co workers who tell their wives the horrible atrocities commited by the presedent. Was he excerzing free will in making that decsision to be influenced and than to influence others? So when those wives tell their kids all the crimes against humanity the government commited back in their day, and those kids now wives and husbands themselves preach about the dispicable and hanus evils in polotics to their grandkids, do the grand kids have a choice whether or not to accept those views?
Please bear with me. My point is, if your influenced at a young age to believe in something, it is extreemly dificult to think anythink else is possible. IE Radicale Islam in some cases.
So how do we fix this issue? Or does it need fixing? We teach our children (most of us) that murder and rape is wrong, thats not so bad lol
Just a thought. If we teach them to think for themselves, To look at information objectivly, to see all sides of the issue, to use logic and sound reason when deciding or concluding, I think we would In effect fix the part that needs fixing, while nurturing the part that needs to be capitalized.

If the children of Germany were taught these things, there would never have been a Nazi Germany. Objective thinking is the ultiment protection from a person with a eloquent vocabualry and a strong willpower who would cast a seemingly wounderful and delicatly woven spell that would unknowlingly force us to give up any free will and bound us to servitude. Logic is the sword that cuts down dogma, and the concoction that prevents it from festering into the disease of arbitrary reason and mindless ideology.

jasonpfaff's photo
Thu 01/14/10 09:58 PM
I will preach this untill the day I die! If we put the same amount of money we put into wars, wellfare, CEO pay checks, and fancy phones into education, science and mathematics, we would be so very many steps closer to learning from our past mistakes, to achieving world peace or adleast downsize violence to a bare minimum, we would have a stable economy and we would get to fly around in flying cars, cancer free because we found the cure!

teach our young basic logic and syllogism in grade school, tech them to make logical conclusions and how to think objectivly and without biased. Make education programs that work, show how they apply to maximize memory retention. Copy cate Europ make college free! Thats one mans opinion on how to save the world, or adlest break this endless circle we have walked the last 20000 years!

jasonpfaff's photo
Thu 01/14/10 09:46 PM

Well, I'm an existentialist, which means that I reject a higher authority, and believe in an individual's free will (and the responsibility that comes with having it). I think that, no matter where you are in life, you are free to make your own choices, and you alone are responsible for dealing with the consequences. It grinds my gears when I hear people say, "Oh well, it's God's will" or "I prayed about it, so that's all I can do." I don't believe in making excuses. You can always be better than you are.
I also don't believe in an absolute moral code. The Ten Commandments say that under no circumstances should one tell a lie. But if it's the Holocaust, and I'm harboring Jews, and Nazis knock on my door, I'm sure as hell going to lie to them, to save the lives of innocent people. An existentialist appreciates the privilege and the burden of making difficult choices.
As for the "meaning of life"... an existentialist believes that there is no one answer - it is what you make it.
If life is predetermined, what's the point? /:

Many people have painted a bad picture on existentialist, but I think Soren Kierkegaard would be proud of your definition.

jasonpfaff's photo
Thu 01/14/10 09:41 PM

I am involved in a discussion with some rather intimidatingly intelligent folks on this question and would appreciate thoughts from both sides.please feel free to elaborate in detail on your point of view...

I hope I dont get my self into trouble by jumping in but...
Scientificaly speaking, the universe is based on probability. Chaos theory states that no matter how deterministic something is, there are always unknown variables, and you can never accuratly predict what will happen. Its all a dice rolerofl :smile:

jasonpfaff's photo
Thu 01/14/10 09:29 PM

yes, it's crazy, but it's also very exciting when it's understandable.

I got into numerology with Dan Millman's book, How To Live The Life You Were Born To Live. And I also get newsletters from numerologist.com for free.

Hmmm, My friend just walked into my office, looked at my homework and told me Im crazy and walked out. mabey your right lol. So are you interested in the mystical aspect of it? or the systems?...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8