Community > Posts By > HuckleberryFinn

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Tue 02/09/10 05:57 AM
Edited by HuckleberryFinn on Tue 02/09/10 05:58 AM
seriously it's time for a woman president, but I doubt it will ever be her, I voted for Hillary, for two reasons, one I think she's strong enough to handle the job, and two she has Bill in her corner and he didn't do bad at all......Palin, she's another example of "sex sells" and this new reality tv garbage everyone seems to be caught up in....

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Tue 02/09/10 05:53 AM
I never went to Penn State, but I am a huge diehard fan of the football team & JoePa.

^grew up less then 50 miles from beaver stadium, and my grandfather used to own the only gas station in Bellefonte (sunoco) before he died, but I'm a huge notre dame fan, and an avid Penn state hater...yuk yuk yuk.....get a scooter, you don't need a license for that, or do like everyone does in phila, ride a four wheeler through the streets illegally,,,,ha ha......

the only handicap in dating is the limitations one puts on how much they can grow together....

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Mon 02/08/10 09:47 AM
Edited by HuckleberryFinn on Mon 02/08/10 09:52 AM
I think emotional abuse is worse than physical (most of the time) because it lasts longer, but I wonder if you don't put up with it, if it would be abuse?

^one of the worst statements I've ever heard, now before you cut my head off, listen to reason

Mental abuse, means you're being mentally abused and it will effect you emiotionally

Physical abuse, means someone is kicking off in your azz and it will effect you mentally and emotionally....but in the end all abuse leaves scars, some never heal and remain open and some propel us to learn and take charge of our lives and become better from the experience

we aren't responsible for the actions of others towards us, but we are responsible for our reactions......

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Mon 02/08/10 07:03 AM
is it emotional abuse if you don't let it effect you?

^interesting question and I've studied this to a degree, the answer is a resounding yes and here's why, if you've gotten to the point (outside of outright denial) that emotional abuse doesn't effect you, then you've already been effected by it, it has hardened your heart and dried up the ole tear ducts....which basically means you are in bad shape, emotionally and mentally...and one day it will all come to a head....danger danger

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Mon 02/08/10 06:59 AM
rarely, but yes, all "types" of guys exist, you just have to find them along your journey in life, it's not as hard as everyone thinks, many times they are right in front of us but we most oft are looking in the wrong direction, good luck and be safe.

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Mon 02/08/10 06:52 AM
They make WAAAYYY too much money for what they are doing, considering what teachers and nurses get paid. Sad

^agreed all athletes and entertainers do, especially in light of the fact the teachers teach them how to talk and sign their names on the checks....it's ridiculous, course John Kruk played for the phillies in the 80's and 90's and said he couldn't believe the amount of money they were paying him, he said he'd pay them to play.....gotta love that

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Mon 02/08/10 06:49 AM
omg my record remains intact, I haven't picked a superbowl right since the 85 bears shuffled all over the pats, course I did root against Mc nabb and philly....congrat saints backers, hope you made a mint.

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Sun 02/07/10 02:18 PM
maybe cause I'm old

but I remember Archie quarterbacking the Saints

he was always a class act

^yes he never complained or tried to interfere with the front office about surrounding him with better players, that's all I hear about with mcnabb, if he had better receivers yada yada yada, he's a momma's boy, it ain't receivers he needs it's heart.....Archie was great despite all the lack luster teams he played for, and he wasn't a whiner.....sad though, saints lose, maybe next year....

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Sun 02/07/10 01:41 PM
lol slower delaware, instead of lower delaware, georgetown, milford, lewes, slaughterneck...ewwwwww, but rehobeth is nice....I coached wee lass softball in smyrna....

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Sun 02/07/10 01:36 PM
ha, tis ok, next time say high, I lived in dover for 12 years on govenors ave....be safe

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Sun 02/07/10 01:34 PM
don't forget the tight spiral

the fumbling

in the grasp

fancy footwork

and the ole end around

see football can be sexy...lmao

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Sun 02/07/10 01:30 PM
I know the president has too much class to do it but wouldn't it be nice!!!!!

^lmao....ok...I wish he would, maybe he should be sued for all his unrealistic false promises....that everyone knew couldn't be kept, and yet got caught up in the hype

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Sun 02/07/10 01:27 PM
police state, I used to think it was Delaware and only delaware, now it's everywhere, and who's to blame, all of us, we allow these politicians to talk us into public safety with the spiel that we need more cops (Gestapo) on the streets, a camera on every corner, what we hated about Russia we are becoming, and all of us are footing the bill, now these cops know in the long run they are untouchable....Take the King affair, how 12 jurors couldn't see the brutality of that was beyond me, they should have been taken out of the courtroom and had their a.s.ses whipped collectively.....as long as people can be told to live in fear and believe it, then what you see is what you get.....sorry, but it is what it is, hopefully it won't be you next time.

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Fri 02/05/10 05:08 PM
I think , sadly , perception and image count for alot. It wont be popular but Im going to say it,,,,american kids are pretty much seen as unappreciative and spoiled,,difficult. Kids from these impoverished countries are assumed to be more appreciative and responsible and that perception probably plays a LARGE part in their being adopted. I mean noone is rushing to any of the countries with a western culture to adopt their kids,,its just a different culture that many arent pleased with when it comes to the kids.

^sad, but basically true, however I'll say this...it's easy to teach an A student.....you get the point as it applies to parenting as well.

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Fri 02/05/10 05:05 PM
to be honest you won't find a more adorable and playful puppy, and I've never owned a pit but I see the attraction, however the sad thing is they can become uncontrolable quickly if not handled right.....

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Fri 02/05/10 05:02 PM
I don't think anyone in the world drinks more coffee than I do, about 5-6 pots a day, whether it's 100 degrees out or 10, it's all I really drink, and yes I can lie down and go right to sleep iffn I want, but don't want to, afraid I'll miss something...lmao

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Fri 02/05/10 01:25 PM
me either actually, until I read this post that is.....I'm snoring, cuz it's boring

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Fri 02/05/10 06:33 AM
you're such a gangster, adoptable even...lmao

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Fri 02/05/10 12:14 AM
never questioned why there are so many, I actually understand why, but in the internim, isn't that like quitting or settling.

HuckleberryFinn's photo
Thu 02/04/10 11:21 PM
you know what's funny.......you could go to jail and they'd fix you right up, but you live honestly and try to make ends meet and they piss on you.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25