Community > Posts By > Eljay

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 03:09 PM

flowerforyou

Know any chimps that can type on a keyboard ?

Or talk?

Or dress themselves?

Or write?

Or cook a grand dinner for two?

Or reason?

Or think?

Know any?

Even one?

Just maybe..one?
flowerforyou:heart:flowerforyou

Your ignorance is astounding. So once was mine. I once believed as you do. Now I accept the facts as they are . . .

Once upon a time I knew next to nothing about how evolution actually works.

Get educated, this link has tons of info, both highly educational websites including universities, popular videos, as well as class room lectures.

http://mingle2.com/topic/show/202703

Once you understand how evolution works it becomes clear there is no mechanism to prevent morphological changes that would alter a species enough to keep it from breeding back with its ancestor species. Once that happens then small changes add up due to the fact the genetic material can no longer be passed between these population, and thus the changes add up, the difference becomes greater and greater.

Micro and macro evolution are the same thing, only on different time scales.

Dear Billyflowerforyou ....

Microevolution is KNOWN and Understood, and there is even PROOF that microevolution took place(this is Evolution WITHIN a species ONLY... and usually took place as a species had to ADAPT to its environment) .

Now Macroevolution ..which Evolutionists are just SAYING that also took place ( evolution that transcends the boundaries of a single species.... and becomes a WHOLE OTHER species), is NOT true....it NEVER EVER HAPPENED...and there is NO PROOF whatsoever.

NADA!!!

MACRO EVOLUTION IS Just THEORY....NOT FACT, BILLY!!! flowerforyou

But I don't mind you all sharing...please do...you can even call me ignorant if you want..:wink: ....

But I will also share with you the TRUTH of what God's Word says....

which is again....

"ALL things reproduce after its own KIND"....

Now....God's Word Does NOT change.......

therefore, God saying that "all things reproduce after its own kind" , does not change either........

and will never cahnge....

or else God would be ONE who does NOT keep His Word....

and therefore would be Nothing more than a big fat Liar.

AND IF God is a Liar...and Hs WORD IS a Lie....

then the WHOLE of creation is in CHAOS ..and we are all DOOMED!!!

BUT BILLY....

since Jesus thru His Holy Spirit , came to live in my heart, I KNOW God is NOT a Liar..and I KNOW God's WORD is TRUE !!!!drinker

meaning....

what God said in His Word IS TRUE!!!!

Meaning....

"All things reproduce after its own Kind" is ALSO TRUE......flowerforyou

But Billy, I ALSO Understand, that until man is born again,

man will NOT see or understand what God's Word says....or even believe it....

I do understand..flowerforyou:heart:flowerforyou

Hey Morningsong,

Just a thought.

Your god, according to your book, is omnipotent and omniscient, COULDN'T HIS WORD EVOLVE!!!
Isn't that conceivable???

Just a hint, 99,997% of all christians accept that god's word evolves, and accept evolution micro, macro and all!!!

Well - those 99.997 % who accept that God's word evolves never read the text. It explicitly states that not one "jot or tittle" would change, and anyone wo adds or detracts from it brings eternal damnation on themselves.

I think that if christains believe the word is evolving - hey need to check themselves on whether or not their a christian. For if they don't know Jesus - I doubt he knows them.

Obviously some do not know the history of the bible and how it came to be what we have today if they believe it has not been edited and converted to fit certain agendas. Look it up or here I will help.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible_(King_James)

Old Testament
Genesis | Exodus | Leviticus | Numbers | Deuteronomy | Joshua | Judges | Ruth | 1 Samuel
2 Samuel | 1 Kings | 2 Kings | 1 Chronicles | 2 Chronicles | Ezra | Nehemiah | Esther | Job
Psalms | Proverbs | Ecclesiastes | Song of Solomon | Isaiah | Jeremiah | Lamentations | Ezekiel
Daniel | Hosea | Joel | Amos | Obadiah | Jonah | Micah | Nahum | Habakkuk | Zephaniah | Haggai
Zechariah | Malachi

[edit] New Testament
Matthew | Mark | Luke | John | Acts | Romans | 1 Corinthians | 2 Corinthians | Galatians | Ephesians | Philippians | Colossians
1 Thessalonians | 2 Thessalonians | 1 Timothy | 2 Timothy | Titus | Philemon | Hebrews | James | 1 Peter | 2 Peter | 1 John | 2 John | 3 John
Jude | Revelation

[edit] Deuterocanonical books
The deuterocanonical books (meaning "second canon") are not recognized as part of the canon of the Bible in Protestantism, but are recognized as canonical by the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church. They are also known as the Apocrypha. These books came from the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Old Testament used by early Christians and Jews. They were included in the first editions of the King James Bible, but were removed from some editions by reformers during the 16th century. By the mid-19th century, the deuterocanonical books were generally rejected by Protestant Christians. Judaism used the Septuagint until about the second century AD, but doesn't recognize either the deuterocanonical or New Testament books as part of their own canon, which is known as the Tanakh.

Additions to Daniel
Judith
1 Esdras
2 Esdras
Additions to Esther
Susanna
1 Maccabees
2 Maccabees
Prayer of Manassheh
Sirach
Wisdom of Solomon
Baruch (including the Epistle of Jeremiah)
Tobit
Bel

[edit] Copyright
The King James Version is also known as the Authorized Version. Note that in the United Kingdom, this work is still copyrighted and is subject to a eternal copyright term. Thou shalt obtain permissions to publish in England and Wales by following the guidance in A Brief Guide to Liturgical Copyright, third edition (RTF file). If thou wishest to publish in Scotland, thou shalt contact the Scottish Bible Board for permissions.

This work is in the public domain outside the United Kingdom because the author has been deceased at least 100 years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, this work is under an eternal copyright in the United Kingdom.

Oh - I see, a game of semantics. This argument only holds true if I accept your premise that anyone who follows the text of the cannonized bible and whatever they wish to add t it, is a christain.

But I seriously doubt that we agree on the premise of who is a chrstian and who isn't, so this discussion can't get past the main premise.

Just list me in the percentage of christains that says that the bible does not evolve, and we'll leave it at that.

:wink:

Congratulations 'Eljay',

You are the proud member a highly select group, mainly found in the US, and comprising 0,00262% of the world christian community.
You and your fellow member, futher distinguish yourselves by 'fundamentally protesting' the faith and beliefs of just about every other christians, comprising 99,997% of the lot, and covering the vast majotiry of catholics, anglicans, orthodox and protestants other than the Fundamentalist-Evangelicalists.

Amicably 'eljay', you have to admit, that that's a tall 'PROTESTING' order.

I personally don't care that 99.what-ever think that the bible "evolves". I can't demonstrate from scripture that it does.

Now - if you are refering to the 66 books of the bible, and "all the others" (for lack of a better term) such as the Gnostic scriptures, or the Apocrapha - I have the same feeling about them as well. They say what they say, and are not going to "evolve" into something else. I have not read the "other books" in totality, so I can't comment on their accuracy, or "inspiration" - but my test would simly be to see where they fit into the whole in terms of context. To date - I only have the opinions of others wh have interpreted the text, and well - you now where I stand on people interpeting scripture for me...

I'm curious where you get your per centage though - because I know I'm not amoungst a small elite group who thinks the bible is not evolving.

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:59 PM

http://objectiveministries.org/creation/dinosaurs.html

I stumbled on this site and read the article, and thought since when did evolution become a religion? And what's up with dinosaurs on Noah's arc? Having gone to catholic school of course I never heard of dinosaurs on Noah's arc, how the heck could anyone fit dinosaurs on an arc, forget the idea that two of every thing on earth went also, which seems highly ridiculous. Though I must say the whole idea of Noah's arc seemed pretty bizarre to me even as a kid.

If creation science began in 1986, why do they think their idea is more powerful then science? I am so confused by all this new stuff happening while I was busy getting away from religion.

Wasn't there a whole stretch of time that Christians didn't believe in dinosaurs?

Is creation science a Baptist thing. It seems that the Baptists get into all kinds of things, or are other's involved?

Evolution is not a religion. Religious would like to call it so but it is not. I believe when faced with the questions that science brings into play the religious had to form some kind of explanation. It still will not fit with the picture of the book they want to pass off as fact but they will believe anyway.

If evolution isn't a reliigon. What is "a religion"?

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:58 PM

http://objectiveministries.org/creation/dinosaurs.html

I stumbled on this site and read the article, and thought since when did evolution become a religion? And what's up with dinosaurs on Noah's arc? Having gone to catholic school of course I never heard of dinosaurs on Noah's arc, how the heck could anyone fit dinosaurs on an arc, forget the idea that two of every thing on earth went also, which seems highly ridiculous. Though I must say the whole idea of Noah's arc seemed pretty bizarre to me even as a kid.

If creation science began in 1986, why do they think their idea is more powerful then science? I am so confused by all this new stuff happening while I was busy getting away from religion.

Wasn't there a whole stretch of time that Christians didn't believe in dinosaurs?

Is creation science a Baptist thing. It seems that the Baptists get into all kinds of things, or are other's involved?

What makes you think "Creation Science" began in 1986? Do you think the idea of "creation" is a new one?

Why couldn't two dinausaur eggs fit on the ark?

Do you know why "dinausaurs" aren't in the bible?

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:49 PM
Edited by Eljay on Wed 02/11/09 02:50 PM

Does it say in the old or new testament of the bible that "Thou shall not kill?"

If this is to be true then why is half of the book full of stories about killing? The many wars is about killing?

If this is true then why is there a hell that will end your eternal soul? Isn't that killing?

If this is true why must Jesus die on a cross showing us death? (I know why historically and have my reasons to believe them, but would like to know why you believe this to be true concerning the contradiction to the phrase "Thou shall not kill")

and I probably missed many many more acts of killing approved by The God of Abraham that goes with the contradiction of "Thou shall not kill."

This is a earnest question for those who study the bible, for it would interest me how it is actually interperated by those who study theology.

thank you.

In the King James - the English translates into "kill". As in "Thou shalt not kill"

In the more modern versions - it is "Murder".

When one examines the English exegesis, the correct interpretation is murder, as it would be difficult to carry out the necessary sacrifices of Leviticus without "killing" a beast for it.

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:45 PM

Belief is faith, not fact.
Beliefs and faith only exist when FACTS do not apply. A simple and straight forward paradox that some humans have been dealing with for a long time. However, like most things, some humans refuse or simply ignore the fundamental paradox.

Those whom ingnore the FAITH/FACT paradox, insist on confusing and deceiving, rather than honoring the fundamental truth of the FAITH/FACT paradox.

More specifically, one whom believes in ‘bible inerrancy’ personally cannot logically and rationally expect to actually have ‘bible inerrancy’ to turn out to be true in real life. It is a BELIEF.
It is not founded in FACTS.
It is not founded in the dimension of verifiable reality.

It strictly belongs to the FACTLESS, UNPROVABLE, AND UN DEFINABLE domain of our reality as humans.

That domain is referred to as the SUPERNATURAL!!!

You see!!! SUPERNATURAL!!!

Supra: BEYOND nature, BEYOND what is verifiable, BEYOND what is testable, BEYOND SCIENCE!!!

To invest one’s life in thinking-up desperate schemes to link one’s faith and beliefs to a NATURAL REALITY, as opposed to the SUPERNATURAL REALITY to which beliefs and faith belong, is committing oneself to a project of deceit.

To confuse oneself in believing that the words in a book, on which one bases his faith and beliefs, could actually mutate to a smokey concept of

… FAITH MUTATING INTO believed-REAL BIBLE-INERRANCY’, to
… ITSELF MUTATING INTO believed-REAL CREATIONISTIC PREMISE FOR EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE,
… ITSELF MUTATING INTO believed-REAL INTELLIGENT DESIGN
… AND INTELLIGENT DESIGN ABOUT TO MUTATE DUE TO ITS ANNOUNCED EXTINCTION,

IS THE PROOF RIGHT THERE OF THE THOERY OF EVOLUTION!!!

But to call any part of a belief, or part of your faith, however you might disguise it into a form of reality for yourself, to call any of that REAL, or PART OF THE NATURAL, or SCIENTIFIC, IS NOTHING OTHER THAN DECEITFUL.

The debate that some have been holding, which has been opposing Evolution and Creationism is dead. There no sane debate that can be held without respecting critical thinking, and rational thought. Committing such an obvious crime in rational or critical tought, as the one that confuses FAITH AND FATS, is in itself enough to declare 'Evo-Crea' a NON-DEBATE.

The real debate, and there is one, deals with decomposition, or facing the breaking down of the profound deceit of ‘creationism’, and its bible-inerrant ‘common ancestors’.

It squarely begs the need to address the havoc that is caused, in all of humanity’s history, when humans have delusionally deceived themselves and others, by confusing their personal FAITH with FACT!!!

I strongly invite you to visit this extraordinary link which was provided by ‘Lynann’ and ‘Bushidobillyclub’ in related threads: ‘http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/

It goes a long way in clarifying the FAITH/FACT confusion and deceit.

Also, catch anything 'Ken Miller'. A renowned Cell Biologist, a devout Christian, and an expert spokesperson for the scientific community in the ‘creationism’ debacle.

I couldn't agree with you more on this issue of faith.

So why this non-sense that Evolution (macro "porked" onto micro) is scientific, factual and obsevable?

Here, let's take the Big Bang. We know the universe is expanding. Obsevable fact thanks to Mr Hubble. But beyond that?... They say life evolved from the materials in a star. Do you believe they have broken down a star in the laboratory!!! Where does this fit on our "Faith-o-meter"?

Dating Method's. Do you realize that to have any accuracy in dating that it must be under a controlled unchanging environment. Therefore - one MUST preune the FLOOD did NOT occur. How does one prove that? Where does "Dating fit on the "faith-o-meter" scale.

Human's and Apes evolved from a "common ancester".
Sure. Where is the "Evolutionary Eve" with the DNA to support this claim?

Voile - I equate this on the "Faith-o-meter" with the Resurrection. The evidence for both balance the scale of truth.

And don't send me to a U-tube presentation by an evolutionary biologist attempting to demonstrate to me that evolution is true. He'd be an idiot if the video were demonstrating it was false, else I doubt he's be an evolutionary biologist any more. I would prefer you check out the U-tube presentations from Answers from Genesis and refute them. I'd be more apt to find that believable than a Pro-evolution film by an evolutionist.

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:30 PM

Eljay the top model was created from her cranium. Did you not notice it was a bust? huh It was built up the same way it would have if it was a human skull of a missing person. The second was an artists painting. The one with the entire body.

Check out the model of Lucy in the St Louis Museum. You'll see what I'm refering to.

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:28 PM

Isn't Hollywood amaizing!

So real, it's almost believable.

Oh eljay, even you watched that video on Neanderthal man. You are perfectly aware that is an accurate depiction of them. At least you weren't arguing then.

Yes, I know that - but don't forget, I work for Hollywood. I know what's going on in the shops behind closed doors. I just figured that this should be pretty obvious - tha fact that the fossils of Lucy were not even CLOSE to being intact. There's more imagination than reality to Lucy.

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:24 PM
Edited by Eljay on Wed 02/11/09 02:29 PM

flowerforyou

Or talk?

Or dress themselves?

Or write?

Or reason?

Or think?

Know any?

Even one?

Just maybe..one?

Your ignorance is astounding. So once was mine. I once believed as you do. Now I accept the facts as they are . . .

Get educated, this link has tons of info, both highly educational websites including universities, popular videos, as well as class room lectures.

Once you understand how evolution works it becomes clear there is no mechanism to prevent morphological changes that would alter a species enough to keep it from breeding back with its ancestor species. Once that happens then small changes add up due to the fact the genetic material can no longer be passed between these population, and thus the changes add up, the difference becomes greater and greater.

Microevolution is KNOWN and Understood, and there is even PROOF that microevolution took place(this is Evolution WITHIN a species ONLY... and usually took place as a species had to ADAPT to its environment) .

Now Macroevolution ..which Evolutionists are just SAYING that also took place ( evolution that transcends the boundaries of a single species.... and becomes a WHOLE OTHER species), is NOT true....it NEVER EVER HAPPENED...and there is NO PROOF whatsoever.

NADA!!!

But I don't mind you all sharing...please do...you can even call me ignorant if you want..:wink: ....

which is again....

therefore, God saying that "all things reproduce after its own kind" , does not change either........

BUT BILLY....

since Jesus thru His Holy Spirit , came to live in my heart, I KNOW God is NOT a Liar..and I KNOW God's WORD is TRUE !!!!drinker

meaning....

Meaning....

Hey Morningsong,

Just a thought.

Your god, according to your book, is omnipotent and omniscient, COULDN'T HIS WORD EVOLVE!!!

Just a hint, 99,997% of all christians accept that god's word evolves, and accept evolution micro, macro and all!!!

Well - those 99.997 % who accept that God's word evolves never read the text. It explicitly states that not one "jot or tittle" would change, and anyone wo adds or detracts from it brings eternal damnation on themselves.

I think that if christains believe the word is evolving - hey need to check themselves on whether or not their a christian. For if they don't know Jesus - I doubt he knows them.

Obviously some do not know the history of the bible and how it came to be what we have today if they believe it has not been edited and converted to fit certain agendas. Look it up or here I will help.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible_(King_James)

Old Testament
Genesis | Exodus | Leviticus | Numbers | Deuteronomy | Joshua | Judges | Ruth | 1 Samuel
2 Samuel | 1 Kings | 2 Kings | 1 Chronicles | 2 Chronicles | Ezra | Nehemiah | Esther | Job
Psalms | Proverbs | Ecclesiastes | Song of Solomon | Isaiah | Jeremiah | Lamentations | Ezekiel
Daniel | Hosea | Joel | Amos | Obadiah | Jonah | Micah | Nahum | Habakkuk | Zephaniah | Haggai
Zechariah | Malachi

[edit] New Testament
Matthew | Mark | Luke | John | Acts | Romans | 1 Corinthians | 2 Corinthians | Galatians | Ephesians | Philippians | Colossians
1 Thessalonians | 2 Thessalonians | 1 Timothy | 2 Timothy | Titus | Philemon | Hebrews | James | 1 Peter | 2 Peter | 1 John | 2 John | 3 John
Jude | Revelation

[edit] Deuterocanonical books
The deuterocanonical books (meaning "second canon") are not recognized as part of the canon of the Bible in Protestantism, but are recognized as canonical by the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church. They are also known as the Apocrypha. These books came from the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Old Testament used by early Christians and Jews. They were included in the first editions of the King James Bible, but were removed from some editions by reformers during the 16th century. By the mid-19th century, the deuterocanonical books were generally rejected by Protestant Christians. Judaism used the Septuagint until about the second century AD, but doesn't recognize either the deuterocanonical or New Testament books as part of their own canon, which is known as the Tanakh.

Additions to Daniel
Judith
1 Esdras
2 Esdras
Additions to Esther
Susanna
1 Maccabees
2 Maccabees
Prayer of Manassheh
Sirach
Wisdom of Solomon
Baruch (including the Epistle of Jeremiah)
Tobit
Bel

[edit] Copyright
The King James Version is also known as the Authorized Version. Note that in the United Kingdom, this work is still copyrighted and is subject to a eternal copyright term. Thou shalt obtain permissions to publish in England and Wales by following the guidance in A Brief Guide to Liturgical Copyright, third edition (RTF file). If thou wishest to publish in Scotland, thou shalt contact the Scottish Bible Board for permissions.

This work is in the public domain outside the United Kingdom because the author has been deceased at least 100 years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, this work is under an eternal copyright in the United Kingdom.

Oh - I see, a game of semantics. This argument only holds true if I accept your premise that anyone who follows the text of the cannonized bible and whatever they wish to add to it, is a christain.

But I seriously doubt that we agree on the premise of who is a chrstian and who isn't, so this discussion can't get past the main premise.

Just list me in the percentage of christains that says that the bible does not evolve, and we'll leave it at that.

:wink:

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:20 PM

Real science is what happens when you look at the facts. Creation science is what happens when you ignore the facts you don't like.

So where's the documentation on the experimental evidence of recreating the evolving of man from this "Ancestrial not-an-ape-but-close-enough"
in the lab.

I'd like to read it for myself.

What does that mean? huh

What does that mean? You don't know?

"Real Science" is derived from repeatable observable data. Like - well - Micro Evolution.

Macro evolution is a presumption that because we observe micro evolution, macro evolution should have occured. Didn't they teach you that in school?

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:15 PM

Evolution does not say that man evolved from chimps, but that they had a common ancestor. Perhaps you should study what evolution actually says before you make your claims.

So how exactly do you have a "common ancestor" with another creature and not share the same gentics? Makes no sense to me.

You understand you are not a chimp correct? A hominid is any member of the biological family Hominidae (the "great apes"), including the extinct and extant humans, chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans. This was our common ancestor. Forensic artists made this model from her skeletal remains.

This is a fleshed out model rendition of Lucy. "Lucy" (Australopithecus afarensis) dating back about 3 million years.

And you understand that the reaity of this photo comes from the mind of the designer and the scultpter that molded it - don't you.

And you understand this sculpture was created by Forensic model makers who work for investigative authorities. They took the actual skeletal remains of Australopithecus Afarensis or you might remember her as "Lucy." Im not sure how familiar you are with missing persons but when the police locate a skull and that is all they have to go on, they employ these forensic artists to literally reconstruct the face from the ground up. The same was done with this skull. Some of these reproductions have been so close that family members have been able to identify their loved ones using them. I feel its a reasonably close replica. Here is a drawing also.

And you know that "Lucy was found with no hands - and no limbs, so they have "created" Lucy from imagination. And you do know that a forensic scientist created this model under the presumption that "Lucy" has human qualities. If you told that same forensic culpture that this skull was from an Ape, Lucy would look a lot different.

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:03 PM

Isn't Hollywood amaizing!

So real, it's almost believable.

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 02:00 PM

Real science is what happens when you look at the facts. Creation science is what happens when you ignore the facts you don't like.

So where's the documentation on the experimental evidence of recreating the evolving of man from this "Ancestrial not-an-ape-but-close-enough"
in the lab.

I'd like to read it for myself.

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 01:58 PM

flowerforyou

Or talk?

Or dress themselves?

Or write?

Or reason?

Or think?

Know any?

Even one?

Just maybe..one?

NADA!!!

which is again....

BUT BILLY....

meaning....

Meaning....

Hey Morningsong,

Just a thought.

Eljay's photo
Wed 02/11/09 01:52 PM

Evolution does not say that man evolved from chimps, but that they had a common ancestor. Perhaps you should study what evolution actually says before you make your claims.

So how exactly do you have a "common ancestor" with another creature and not share the same gentics? Makes no sense to me.

You understand you are not a chimp correct? A hominid is any member of the biological family Hominidae (the "great apes"), including the extinct and extant humans, chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans. This was our common ancestor. Forensic artists made this model from her skeletal remains.

This is a fleshed out model rendition of Lucy. "Lucy" (Australopithecus afarensis) dating back about 3 million years.

And you understand that the reaity of this photo comes from the mind of the designer and the scultpter that molded it - don't you.

Eljay's photo
Tue 02/10/09 10:37 AM

Eljay most apologetics explain the passage by insisting the contradiction was caused by a later insertion. Anyone who is functionally literate can clearly see the discrepancy. The apologetics certainly did. As you wish. Believe what you want yet again in the face of stark reality.

A totally unsubstanciated claim. And we have enough manuscripts to reference of the original languages to now that this claim is not only erronious - but provably false. It is clearly indicated in bibles these das what inconsistancies have been discovered through the translations of the Septuagent and Aramaic. This is not one of those passages.

In addition to this - have you researched both of these passages in the original Greek to see if your understanding is consistant with those languages?

No need to answer that - it was Rhetoric.

Like I said - believe who you want according to what your world view is. Me - I just look at the facts and see where they lead. I conclude that Jesus did not baptise because the script declares it so.

Eljay's photo
Tue 02/10/09 10:33 AM

The creationist experts were at the hearings, they had been briefed about the chromose #2 months ahead, and yet, deliberately chose to present no counter argument.

Its because they dont have a counter argument.

Actually - that's wrong. The argument does not counter the idea of Intelligent design. The evidence clearly shows that God decided to create the Ape with similar qaulities as humans. For the same reason that sharks are similar to Dolphins - yet one is a fish - the other a mammel.

Eljay's photo
Tue 02/10/09 10:29 AM

Also FYI the horse still has always been a horse....a donkey a donkey and put the two together and you get a mule....but they are all still within the same species....You have a wolf, who created all the dog species we know....but never did they come from a elephant or a cat.

Find another animal that shares 96%deoxyribonucleic acid identity with homo sapien.

Actually it can now be said that it is 100%.

96% was due to the infamous missing pair of chromosones!!!

In the past couple of years, human chromosone #2 was proven to have 'fused': the couple of #2 chromosones fused with the #??? (thought to be until now, missing couple of chromosones).

It is now a 'fused' 100% MATCH !!!

Voile;

I've heard contrary information to that "fact".

There are numerous inconsistances with Human DNA and Chimpansee DNA, and despite the fact that we share a large number of Chromo's - the physical structure of those Chroo's is radically different.

It's no where near a one to one match - and, there's no way to prove that the "fused" chromo is actually directly compatable to the extra chromo that chimps have, as the genomes are not consistant in structure.

At least this is what my research has shown.

As to your larger post - which I see no need to repost... I am not in disagreement with the manner in which the scientific community and the church views science or philosophy. I do not see one having much to do with the other - until it comes down to the claim of origin of the species - which is NOT scientifically demonstrable.

We can examine DNA and plot the genomes - but I find it difficut to assume there is much "fact" when the observable data of today is extrapolated back into the past with no means to verify it.
For this reason I feel that the biblical account of the Bible and the account of Darwin - and what it has transformed into - stands on equal ground - and is only true as a matter of faith - and how this relates to one's world view.

I don't see any problem with a qualified scientist mapping out the DNA genome of a fossil if their world view is Atheistic - or Fundamentalist Christian, or if they believe we got here by aliens. What I find difficulty with - is the conclusions drawn that what they observe today has any basis in fact or reality about what occured on the planet 2,000; 4,000 or 4 billion years ago. This is not the purpose of science to determine this as fact - because every scientist knows that we do not exist in a state of uniformitism.

So - Creationism and Evolution are mere theories.
Their credibility rests solely within one's world view. Until the day that scientists can prove God in a laboratory, or simulate the big bang and get life from a rock or star - it's all a matter of faith....

Is it not?

OK 'Eljay', I'm not going to work on this one, I might have you at a disadvantage, and I don't enjoy taking advantage of a friend.

Watch this video for starters. It might please you to know that Ken Miller, the guest presenter in front of a Univertsity audience, is a devout christian whom admirably distinguishes the fine line between his faith and religion, and science and his professional scientific and teaching occupations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXdQRvSdLAs&feature=related

In this video, when and where it mattered, ID and any other 'creationist' types had no credible rebuttal whatsoever for the #2 fused chromosone.

Maybe they are working on one, but to date, nothing.

And that is the point I am trying to make with you here:
... our personal world views matter little in this matter. Neither you nor I invented our 'world views'!!!

'World Views' for all of us, come from those whom sweat bullits at forging 'ORIGINAL THOUGHTS' which contributes to the body of thoughts already accumulated over the ages. Not a popularity contest.

Those people must articulate their original thesis' and present them to their respective community peers for accreditation: (publishing, presenting, publishing, presenting, etc.)

And that is where you and I don't quite agree here. While you claim all sorts of dissent for the theory of evolution, none of it can be traced back where it might count.

The personnal opinion of a scientist, is no more no less then yours or mine.

If this scientist has a dissenting opinion on a given acceptied notion or theory, there are very straight forward pocesses for that scientist to have his/hers dissenting arguments accredited officially!!! That's the beauty about science!!! It LOVES dissent!!!

But it hates unsupported, hairy fairy dogma.

Watch the video, and tell me what you think.

There is a lot more about Ken Miller, and lots more about the discover of the fused chromosone #2, should you be interested.

I will. I've got classes all weekend - I'll get to it on monday. For now, I'm off. 6:00 am comes WAY too early for me.

Okay - I can now operate an aerial lift without killing myself (See Boston Globe for tradgedy of accident on Saturday. Right after my class - this happened less than a ile away)

Now... The video.

I have two problems with this agrument about #2 Chromosone - one being what was said, the other with what has been conviently not stated.

The difficulty with what was said is that it asks the question "IF we shared common ancesters we should be able to solve the cromo' issue". Well, alright - that's a given. Of course there are a lot of other dissimilarities which need to be adressed - but let's just examine "THIS ONE".

The explination is almost plausable - except it does not explain why the fusion of the #2C took place, and why it only happened once! Also - how does this now not explain that we are directly discendent from the Ape - for how else can one justify that there was a previous "common" ancester that puts man "side by side" on the evolutionary tree, and not a direct descendant?
What are the presumed characteristics of the Genome of this mysterious common anscester that does not indicate that the #2 chromosone SPLIT and that apes are not directly discendant from man? None of this is even asked - yet, how can I see this as a clear question to ask, yet those in the field who spend their life studying this not?

Also - what is not adressed is that there are more than just the difference in the number of Chromo's that need to be adressed... There is an obsevable difference in the size of the end markers as well. What is the explination for this occurance - as there is no effect on the information caused by this difference - yet it is there. Shouldn't this difference be explained by cuasation - rather than occurance.

Sorry Voile - I'm not convinced. This video is a clear example of circular reasoning to attempt to explain what occured with no reasoning behind the why. I know that science is not about the why, but science also tells us that we share lots of things with other animals. Similarities are - two eyes, two arms, two legs, ears, a nose, a heart, lungs... the list goes on. I would be suprised to see that we don't have NUMEROUS similarities with everything that walks on the planet - including those that don't (those that crawl - plant's - single celled whatever's) Yet - it would seem that just a single difference is enough to indicate that every "like kind" is unique unto itself through the generations, and nothing is definitive in the reverse extrapolation into the past - unless it can be demonstrated by repeating it - something that the science of Evolution (and I use that term science loosley) has yet to demonstrate, and likely never will.

With all due respect 'eljay',

I think you completely missed the point of the video.

See I would never pass myself as an expert whom could offer an expert opinion on the subject of evolution, or a whole lot of other subjects we could choose to debate on these forums.

Likewise, I wouldn't think for one moment that you would dare pass yourself as an 'expert', whose personnal opinion could be offered on these forums, with the authority of a credible 'expert'.

If that were the case, we would both be very busy delivering our expert speeches, and presenting our expert opinions in front of numerous court hearings across the country on this hot SOCIAL topic.

In short, my personnal opinion, or your personnal opinion matter very little in the realm of moving world concensus.

That you or I are convinced or not about an issue, changes absolutely nothing in establishing world concensus.

That is why I provided the Ken Miller link. The video explains in great detail, the state of US consensus with respect to 'creationism'. I warned you that it gave a summary of a recent 'down' verdict of a state court (if you wish I'll get it for you, along a long list of other 'down' verdicts from other state courts, as well as the Supreme Court 'down' judgment judging 'creationism' unconstitutional.

At that very conference where Ken Miller (a devout christian) spoke, they had been planning a debate between the Evolution side (Ken Miller), and the Creationist side.

I can't put names of the creationist guest experts because they never showed up.

Worse, they cancelled at the last minute, causing some degree of panick with the organizers, whom had turned to Miller, whom in turn graciously agreed to sum up the results of the hearings he and creationist experts had participated in.

Now, your opinion and my opinion do not matter much, as I pointed out earlier. But there are people out, whom are considered creationist experts, whom were invited to present their case AGAINST THE FUSION OF CHROMOSE #2, and THEIR OPINION WOULD HAVE MATTERED.

Unfortunately for your side, the creationist experts were at the hearings, they had been informed about the chromose #2 session months ahead, and yet, deliberately chose to present NO COUNTER ARGUMENT.

The hearings official offered them more time to provide a rebuttal! They replied that they had 'nothingm of peritnent substance' to add, or to counter with, on that specific topic.

That was the point I underlined to you before you viewed the video, and you missed it.

Your side's experts had NOTHING TO SAY, OR ADD.

That where it MIGHT HAVE MATTERED 'eljay'.

Not what you or I are convinced of, or refuse to believe in.

The STATE OF THE UNION on creationism, is that every efforts, whether through the scientific community, or the judicial sytem, are being debunked or judged INEPT TO BE TAUGHT IN SCHOOL AS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

So, until the creationists experts come up with a rebuttal, or counter proposition that either the

...SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY

... or the JUDICIAL

can make sense of,

THE EVOLUTION ARGUMENT IN THE CASE OF CHROMOSONE #2, AND ANY OTHER EVOLUTION ARGUMENT OF YOUR CHOICE, STAND AS THE CURRENT SCIENTIFIC, AS WELL AS CONSTITUTIONAL REALITY OF THIS COUNTRY.

... and I understand and respect that your personnally are not convinced...

I never claimed to be an expert in this particular disciline - but I'm not unfamiliar with it either. I spent a great deal of time studying chemistry in my youth - and have a degree in Math with emphasis on logic - so I have a fairly good idea when I'm asked to accept an premise that screams fallious reasoning. As is the case with the dating methods extrapolating fossils back millions of years ago. I remain unconvinced, and this is not due to my not being an expert in this field. It's due to reasoning and a gross lack of empirical evidence for the claim. Oh - one day there may be major demonstratable evidence - but it's not there.

So - while I don't dispute the intelligence of these men, I do doubt their "theories", and don't accept them as proof. Just "viable idea's". This is the same reasoning that I use to accept the testimonies of the 1st disciples and their day to day walk with Jesus. I have no reason to doubt that they heard what they heard, and saw what they saw. When there is logical evidence to cause me to doubt this - I will. But usually, I find that those who cry "liars" - haven't even examined the text for themselves. Including the "experts".

So - I do examine all of these contrary video's, and I generally study the flow of logic that brings about their concluisns - but they aren't any stronger than the logic that they're trying to refute. We're discussing theories here.

Evolution (theory) and Creation (theory)

The evidence I have witnessed supports either one without contradiction. There's no argument against a God creating species in their kind, and establing the ability of them to evole. Contrary to what scietists think - it makes more sense that he would have established the creation in this manner than it would have been to create every variance of species all at the same time. Why not let the creation exand in this way? We see the universe expanding as a perfect parallel to this very concept. Does not the consistancy make one stop and marvel?

Eljay's photo
Tue 02/10/09 10:15 AM

I apologize. I cant even remember who brought up this contradiction but they did and then feral and Eljay jumped in. Someone needs to just start a separate biblical contradiction thread. I agree it has no place and this one in particular is stupid. All that happened was either whoever wrote this was drunk at the wheel or someone inserted a contradictory verse later because they didnt read John 3.

You brought it up.

Eljay's photo
Tue 02/10/09 10:14 AM

Whats exevuting ? Ive never heard that word. Jesus used water to baptize in many circumstances. That is my understanding. Can you explain why it says that he did baptize and then it says that he did not?

Here are the versus in question.

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:2
Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples.

It is this one that is understood to be a later addition, thus creating the contradiction in the bible today.

In verse 3 it says Jesus and his disciples... baptised.

Later it says, Jesus himself deas not the one baptizing - but the disciples.

What's the problem here? It is not explicit in chapter 3 that Jesus baptised. Interpreting it this way is contradicted by chapter 4 - meaning, it is the reader who is wrong, not the account.

The problem is it clearly states that "he (Jesus) tarried with them and baptized

And then

So later on for whatever reason they added in this verse. Im not sure who added it or why but then they decided that Jesus was not baptizing but instead only disciples were. Maybe he was such a rock star by then and he was too hot and heavy with MM. Who knows. Im not going to lose any sleep over it. yawn

Ah, yes - the problem with English. Obviously you are not concerned wih the placement of cmma's and chose to interpret as it fits your presumption.

Fine. Belive what you want - but don't be puzzled because others are surprised that you're amoung a very select few with a bias world view who interprets the passages this way. Yet iyt seems so obviously clear to the rest of the world. Doesn't make you wonder though - does it?

Eljay's photo
Mon 02/09/09 03:20 PM

Whats exevuting ? Ive never heard that word. Jesus used water to baptize in many circumstances. That is my understanding. Can you explain why it says that he did baptize and then it says that he did not?

Here are the versus in question.

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:2

It is this one that is understood to be a later addition, thus creating the contradiction in the bible today.

In verse 3 it says Jesus and his disciples... baptised.

Later it says, Jesus himself deas not the one baptizing - but the disciples.

What's the problem here? It is not explicit in chapter 3 that Jesus baptised. Interpreting it this way is contradicted by chapter 4 - meaning, it is the reader who is wrong, not the account.