Community > Posts By > Eljay

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 11:26 PM

Moses was pretty evil; he killed an Egyptian and then buried him in the sand. happy

Yes - he was.

Abraham was a liar. David was a liar, a murderer and an Adulterer.

As a matter of fact - there has only been one person who ever walked this earth who was not evil. His name was Jesus.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 11:24 PM

I'm not making the blanket statement that all those who claim to be christains are not. But when someone who claims to be christian demonstrates by their actions that they're a walking contradiction, it's safe to doubt their claim.

Hitler is a good example of this. Jim Jones would fall into that catagory. Charles Manson.
I don't have any difficulty doubting their claim of being christains. But even as a christian, I know that no one goes a day without sinning. It is the repeated actions and the denial that those actions are wrong that brings about doubt. It doesn't boil down to an opinion - but an observation.

I will probably assume most people are not "true Christians" until they walk in the ways taught by Jesus, which are the ways of love.

I know some 'Christians" who live by love who are not actually involved with religion at all nor do they claim to be Christian or that Jesus is the savior.

Love is the savior.

God is love after all. You can't tell me a person who practices Love and goodness is going to hell just because they don't buy into the Biblical picture of Jesus or God.

"Jesus" is simply a symbolic name, and an ideal that represents the salvation of the Path of LOVE.

One can follow that idea and that path without ever having read the Bible or gone to church.

God is also Just.

To you - Jesus may be symbolic. In my life, he is not a symbol. He walked this earth, and I have no reason to think he was not who he said he was. Nor do I have any reason to doubt those individuals who walked with him, and gave an account of that journey. What evidence do I have to doubt their integrity? Do you know something I don't about these men who wrote the bible?

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 11:19 PM

People were shot on the spot, imprisoned, if they did not obey Hitler.

Smiless even covered this...Smiless knows..he is from Germany.

Hitler's actions were that of a severe personality disorder...a sociopath .

Now Krimsa?

With all the sharing here, surely you "GOT IT" by now ?

That Hitler's actions were NOT those of a christian ?

Right?

All I have seen is that one side has provided quote after quote FROM HITLER regarding his beliefs, while the other side just repeats the same, tired, He wasn't a "true" member argument.

How can you make the claim that Hitler's actions were not those of a christian, when history indicates otherwise?
(the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Witch trails. . .)

The actions of a christain are demonstrated from the bible - NOT from History.

If that were the case, then we could not even hold Christianity accountable for any of these atrocities. We might as well not even teach school age children about these historic events because it makes Christianity appear "evil and manipulative." Lets just tear all of it out of every text book used in American public schools today. We can have a big book burning but only the sections detailing Hitler, the Crusades, the Witch Burning, Genocide in Rwanda, the Missions, Columbus because they all weren't "real Christians." huh

I don't attribute these acts to "christains" - they were the acts of the Catholic church. You are holding the actions of men to that of an idiology. The same would be said for blaming "Islam" for 9/11, rather than radicals who have interpreted Islam for their personal Jihad.

I don't blame the muslims who own the 7-11 down the street for the attacks on 9/11, any more than I blame Christainity for the acts of the Catholic church.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 11:13 PM

Hitler was a Catholic. To me, and I suspect many people, that would make him a Christian.

That is a problem, because it demonstrates that you are unclear on the concept of what a christain is. Why is that? How can you at least not know how one becomes a christain? I'm not saying you have to become one yourself - but if you are going to argue these points with those who know EXACTLY what is necessary to become a christain, you should at least be as knowledgeable about the topic as those who you claim to know at least as much as they do.

I think your personal understanding of what is necessary to become a Christian is not the same as the general and accepted one in society. If you claim to be one, if you believe in the Jesus story, if you go to a Christian Church, you are considered a Christian.

They don't have to carry I.D. cards or wear arm bands.

They don't have to show their official Christian membership card signed by Jesus.

Your particular belief is of what a Christian is, happens to be part of your particular belief.

It has nothing to do with societies view of christainity, and everything to do with what the bible says. Where does society get it's idea of christianity if not from the bible?

You don't have to be a "card carrying member" - but you can be sure, that if you order the extermination of over 6 million Jews, you aren't a card carrying member. That's just plain OBVIOUS! Your actions and words demonstrate whether you're a card carrying member or not.

Then I have an idea. Anyone who is not a real Christian, and anyone who does not love thy neighbor and practice what Jesus taught, should be kicked out of the Religion and not allowed to tell people they are Christians.

That includes the Bush family and Obama and anyone else.

That includes anyone who puts on a uniform and invades another country and anyone who pays taxes to support that effort.

But then, who would enforce this rule? Certainly not true Christians. laugh laugh

Answer this all you "Born again" Christians and 'other'Christians,:

Do you pay taxes? Do you support this illegal war? If you do, then you are not true Christians, you are just pretending to be.

But those are not criteria either. And nowhere does it say a christain won't sin - but it does say that if a christain claims to be in the light and does not walk in the light, they decieve themselves.

We are to "render unto Caesar - that which is Caesar's". So we pay taxes. It isn't our responsibility that those taxes are used to support those things to which we don't agree - like a War, the ACLU, Abortion, secular schools, the matting habits of the east overshoe slug... the list goes on.

What makes a war "illegal"?

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 11:05 PM

Besides Eljay, there were no Born Agains back in 1930s Germany I dont think. However Germany was the most heavily Christianized nation in all of Europe at that point in history.

Bonhoffer was a born again. Hitler imprisoned him. What do you mean when you say "Germany was the most heavily Christainized nation"? There's no way to determine if that is fact or not.

You cant be serious. Martin Luther? Protestant Church? slaphead

Yeah - well there's one. So we're up to two now.
Do you think it mattered that Martin Luther lived about 300 or so years before Nazi Germany?

But I won't go as far as to say you're wrong. Just hard to prove it as fact.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:17 AM

I'm not making the blanket statement that all those who claim to be christains are not. But when someone who claims to be christian demonstrates by their actions that they're a walking contradiction, it's safe to doubt their claim.

Historically speaking, how would Hitler's actions have been incompatible with Christianity?

Ordering the extermination of over 6 million Jews would be a good place to start. Find that in the New Testament for me, and we'll go from there.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:16 AM

So according to Allen Aqua, the entire German population were idiots or fake Christians.

What about Christians who work for the good of humanity? Catholic charities etc...Let me guess your response. They are all "true Christians?" laugh

This reminds me of an argument I had in second grade with a class mate.

What do their actions show? And it isn't "the charities" who are christains - it is the people within those charities. It's what they do. Not the group as a whole.

So in other words, you will pick and choose who is a "true Christian" based on what you feel is deserving of that label at any given moment.

No True Scotsman.

You do not understand what "No true Scotsman" means.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:14 AM

People were shot on the spot, imprisoned, if they did not obey Hitler.

Smiless even covered this...Smiless knows..he is from Germany.

Hitler's actions were that of a severe personality disorder...a sociopath .

Now Krimsa?

With all the sharing here, surely you "GOT IT" by now ?

That Hitler's actions were NOT those of a christian ?

Right?

All I have seen is that one side has provided quote after quote FROM HITLER regarding his beliefs, while the other side just repeats the same, tired, He wasn't a "true" member argument.

How can you make the claim that Hitler's actions were not those of a christian, when history indicates otherwise?
(the Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Witch trails. . .)

The actions of a christain are demonstrated from the bible - NOT from History.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:11 AM

So in that case, every single Christian I cite as an example who has committed atrocities over the centuries you are simply going to insist was a "fraudulent Christian?" happy

You obviously need to read more of the New Testament.

Even ANY of it would be a start.

This coming from a guy who probably hasnt cracked the bible.

You should be a comedian. You wouldn't be willing to put a wager on this statement of yours - would you?

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:10 AM

Hitler was a Catholic. To me, and I suspect many people, that would make him a Christian.

That is a problem, because it demonstrates that you are unclear on the concept of what a christain is. Why is that? How can you at least not know how one becomes a christain? I'm not saying you have to become one yourself - but if you are going to argue these points with those who know EXACTLY what is necessary to become a christain, you should at least be as knowledgeable about the topic as those who you claim to know at least as much as they do.

Eljay that is a pointless, childlike argument. We are dealing with 1930s Germany and not what you personally have decided it means to be a Christian. Once again I beg you to look up "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

Pointless? You are unclear on the concept. Yo take your definition of what a christain is from everywhere else but the source. All I want to know is WHY? Why do you have such a difficult time not getting the definition of what a christian is from the bible. You quote the writings of those who rationalize the definition and hold that opinion as your own. You don't see a problem with that? If you think about it - it is the very thing which you and others hold objection to. That christains blindly follow their pastors, and can't think for themselves. Yet you get your definition of christianity from those who aren't even christains.

Eljay the problem with that is there are people who consider themselves Christians that you do not consider to be true Christians. Therefore, you are calling them liars and it becomes a matter of opinion, theirs against yours.

Opinions.... everybody has one.

But I do understand what you are saying. If it be the gospel truth, then there are "Those who claim to be Christian but are not, and are the synagogue of Satan"

I believe this to be true. The most evil people with the most evil intentions hide in sheep clothing among the sheep and the flock has more wolves in sheep's clothing than sheep.

Henceforth one has to assume that everyone who calls them self 'Christian' must be under suspicion and not to be believed. (or trusted.)

You will know them by their deeds. But do not believe their proclemations.

drinker

Hitler is a good example of this. Jim Jones would fall into that catagory. Charles Manson.
I don't have any difficulty doubting their claim of being christains. But even as a christian, I know that no one goes a day without sinning. It is the repeated actions and the denial that those actions are wrong that brings about doubt. It doesn't boil down to an opinion - but an observation.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:05 AM

Well that doesn’t change the fact that Hitler was a Catholic. He was not a "Born Again". I have not looked up Born Again Christians from a historical stand point but right now I feel safe in saying that the concept did not even exist yet during the era that Hitler came to power. There was however two very strong Christian forces present in Germany. The Protestant and the Catholic Churches. Hitler's eventual goal was to find a religious leader who would reunite the two churches under the Third Reich once he had won the war. It never occurred to him that he would lose.

The concept of "Born again" has been around for about two thousand years now.

Actually longer if you think about it. It doesn't mean it is true though. It is either a possiblity or pure imagination, but in your case a truth to believe in.

It's biblical. Doesn't matter if I believe it - it can be demonstrated as historical. Just like the concept of Zeus. This was not invented in the 20th century. It's been around a while.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:03 AM

Eljay that is a pointless, childlike argument. We are dealing with 1930s Germany and not what you personally have decided it means to be a Christian. Once again I beg you to look up "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

Pointless? You are unclear on the concept. Yo take your definition of what a christain is from everywhere else but the source. All I want to know is WHY? Why do you have such a difficult time not getting the definition of what a christian is from the bible. You quote the writings of those who rationalize the definition and hold that opinion as your own. You don't see a problem with that? If you think about it - it is the very thing which you and others hold objection to. That christains blindly follow their pastors, and can't think for themselves. Yet you get your definition of christianity from those who aren't even christains.

I have repeatedly told you what MY PERSONAL DEFINITION of a Christian is. I did not "get that from someone else". Holy crap. The balls on you to make such statements.

What has your "Personal definition" got to do with the actual definition? You think because you've got an uninformed opinion about somoething that it becomes it's definition?

You may not have got your persona definition from someone else - but you definitely did not get it from the source.

And THAT's what's crap.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:00 AM

So according to Allen Aqua, the entire German population were idiots or fake Christians.

What about Christians who work for the good of humanity? Catholic charities etc...Let me guess your response. They are all "true Christians?" laugh

This reminds me of an argument I had in second grade with a class mate.

What do their actions show? And it isn't "the charities" who are christains - it is the people within those charities. It's what they do. Not the group as a whole.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:58 AM

You don't have to be a "card carrying member" - but you can be sure, that if you order the extermination of over 6 million Jews, you aren't a card carrying member. That's just plain OBVIOUS! Your actions and words demonstrate whether you're a card carrying member or not.

. . . and back to the "No True Scotsman" argument. . .

Now, I'll ask you, as I have asked others.
You are nothing more than a mortal, who are you to decide who god accepts, and who he doesn't?

No - it is not the "No true scotsman". Your analogy is flawed. There is a clear cut definition of what a christain is according to the bible, and it's boundries to not shift to accomidate the claim. The difficuty you are having is that you are using the "No true scotsman" fallacy to support your claim that defining christainity is a boundry-less task. The scriptures will prove you wrong.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:52 AM

No True Scotsman

Why then was the German Christian population so smitten with Hitler then? Why did they wantonly choose to put him into power? It probably had nothing to do with the fact that he pitted the Christian German population against the Jews did it?

I can answer that as I learned it from a German woman who lived in that time during Hitler's reign.

Hitler was their Hero. The corrupt sect of Jews (not the religious ones) were taking over Germany. The Germans were treated poorly and were mostly poor and working for the rich Jews as servants.

When Hitler invaded Austria, he got rid of a cruel dictator and he was a hero of the German people there too.

Not all who call themselves "Jews" are truly of the Jewish faith or even Semitic Jews by blood.

The Bible even speaks of those who "claim to be Jews but are not; and are the synagogue of Satan."

This is not metaphoric. This is a literal clue as to what is going on inside the "Jewish" population.

Semitic religious Jews are the ones who are betrayed and persecuted, and the other Jews are the ones responsible for it.

They have been called also "The sons of Cain." Offspring of Satan. But they have the blood of the fallen angels who mated with human women in their veins.

So - you can now see with clarity how not all Catholics are christains.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:48 AM

So in that case, every single Christian I cite as an example who has committed atrocities over the centuries you are simply going to insist was a "fraudulent Christian?" happy

You obviously need to read more of the New Testament.

Even ANY of it would be a start.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:46 AM

Allen that is the second time you posted the same article. I looked up the man's site and he is a Christian. Not to mention that he uses not one actual quote that can be attributed to Adolph Hitler. Why is that do you think?

Hmmm... how odd. A christain demonstrating how Hitler was not a christain.

Now - would you prefer that we believe a non-christain trying to explain how he was one?

Who's intelligence is being insulted here?

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:42 AM

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:36 AM

Well that doesn’t change the fact that Hitler was a Catholic. He was not a "Born Again". I have not looked up Born Again Christians from a historical stand point but right now I feel safe in saying that the concept did not even exist yet during the era that Hitler came to power. There was however two very strong Christian forces present in Germany. The Protestant and the Catholic Churches. Hitler's eventual goal was to find a religious leader who would reunite the two churches under the Third Reich once he had won the war. It never occurred to him that he would lose.

The concept of "Born again" has been around for about two thousand years now.

Eljay's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:34 AM

Eljay said:

So - what does it matter what common reason is about being born again. Unless one is born again - they are not a christain.

So if I am reading this statment correctly, you have basically asserted that every human being on the face of the planet is not a "true Christian" unless they are Born Again? Every Catholic, every Protestant, every Episcopalian, whatever it may be is not a true Christian but only pretending at being Christian?

I think some people would beg to differ with that statment. If I were Christian I would certainly find that to be offensive. grumble

Look - I didn't write the book, I only read it. Read it for yourself and tell me what it says.

In heaven - there's no such thing as a Catholic, Episcopalian, Methodist, etc. There is nothing biblical about denominations. So your first statement is RIGHT ON! People may beg to differ with this - but their argument is with God - not me. If you were a christain you would not be offended - you would know exactly what I am talking about.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next