Community > Posts By > MiddleEarthling

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/01/10 04:28 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Fri 10/01/10 04:42 PM

your right if they weren't high profile no they would have never made news but why is they get special treatment under age drinking is a criminal offense for the under agers drinking and a felony for the ones that served it to them my point is why is that people like have different laws and consequences it's wrong we all live in the same country with the same laws the consequences should be the same for everyone no matter who you are

yea, i forgot about the underage drinking part.... but don't they fine the parents and the people that gave them the alcohol?

LOLOLOL...2much2lose org reported that HALF the alcohol kids get comes from their own parents. It's bizarre...they do have a growing number of cities and towns passing Social Hosting Ords...but doens't having to pass laws like that tell us we have a bigger problem?

If parents knew that alcohol was no less dangerous than heroin would they still give their kids that chit?

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/01/10 04:14 PM

It's yet another lie.

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/us_mcdonalds

"McDonald's Corp and federal health officials denied a newspaper report that the fast food chain may cut health insurance for its nearly 30,000 hourly workers.

The Wall Street Journal, citing a company memo, reported that McDonald's might cut the insurance unless U.S. regulators waived a requirement of new healthcare legislation championed by President Barack Obama.

McDonald's officials called the report "completely false."

"This story is wrong," U.S. Department of Health and Human Services spokeswoman Jessica Santillo said in a statement on Thursday. "The new law provides significant flexibility to maintain coverage for workers."

The fast-food restaurant chain is at odds over the new law's stipulation that so-called "mini-med" insurance plans spend at least 80 percent of premium revenue on medical care, the newspaper said on its website on Wednesday"

I actually know someone who works at McDonald's and they said this article is very accurate.

From the drive-through? McDonalds denies it...egads.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Fri 10/01/10 04:12 PM

I think Stewart is really on to something with the rally.

I also think he is going to draw a crowd to DC that will dwarf that of the idiot Glenn Beck.

And coupled with Colberts planned march to "Keep fear alive".......this is going to be great!

It WILL be big...we got our flight booked but hotels are booked up already near the event...hope I am not on the No-Fly listslaphead

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 06:36 PM
President Barack Hussein Obama's religion is really nobody's business...he didn't have to explain anything.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 06:29 PM

It makes perfect sense. Why are they having a rally?? What is the purpose of it??

http://mingle2.com/topic/show/285535

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 05:57 PM
It's yet another lie.

http://health.yahoo.net/news/s/nm/us_mcdonalds

"McDonald's Corp and federal health officials denied a newspaper report that the fast food chain may cut health insurance for its nearly 30,000 hourly workers.

The Wall Street Journal, citing a company memo, reported that McDonald's might cut the insurance unless U.S. regulators waived a requirement of new healthcare legislation championed by President Barack Obama.

McDonald's officials called the report "completely false."

"This story is wrong," U.S. Department of Health and Human Services spokeswoman Jessica Santillo said in a statement on Thursday. "The new law provides significant flexibility to maintain coverage for workers."

The fast-food restaurant chain is at odds over the new law's stipulation that so-called "mini-med" insurance plans spend at least 80 percent of premium revenue on medical care, the newspaper said on its website on Wednesday"

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 03:28 PM

Because of the very reason why they are having a rally to begin with!!...to gather up all the racists to scream their heads off about those who despise govt.

You have no idea who Jon Stewart is do you?

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 02:43 PM

Jon Stewart is a self proclaimed comeidian. I haven't seen anything funny or relative in any of his rants.
He made an *** of himself in front of congress.

Colbert made an *** out of himself in front of congress...while claiming to represent conservatives no less, there is irony in there somewhere.

No, the irony is that cons THINK Colbert is a con...he ain't it's just that cons tend to be too stupid to understand satire and mistake that Colbert is part of the RW nutbaggery...

Colbert report report: conservatives don't get the joke

"A revealing study from Ohio State finds that liberals and conservatives are equally fond of Comedy Central's Colbert Report but conservatives were more likely to believe that Stephan Colbert "only pretends to be joking and genuinely mean[s] what he [says]..."

OOPS!

http://blatherwatch.blogs.com/talk_radio/2009/04/colbert-report-report-conservatives-dont-get-the-joke.html

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 02:37 PM

Obama stopped the Depression from happening with the stimulus as the economist told him but if the Repubs get in and start their ******** we will slip into depression for sure, we are hanging by a thread.

Ah screw them...they're obsolete really.

Did you see this part?

"Marriages have been declining for years due to rising divorce, more unmarried couples living together and increased job prospects for women. But sociologists say younger people are also now increasingly choosing to delay marriage as they struggle to find work and resist making long-term commitments."

Look at the consequences from the GOPers who got us into this mess...these morals party people who think marraige is being attacked...yet they voted for it's demise in a back door way...lol. They NEVER vote rationally even when it's in their best interests to do so.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 02:29 PM

I really hate to disappoint you my friend but the sky only looks blue due to spectral absorbtion

Ah c'mon, you're interrupting a very scientific conversation here. So far they claim that dead is not dead..even if you poke a stick at it.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 02:20 PM

Too bad about .Bishop Eddie Long...

What does that mean? LOL. Bishop Eddie Long is an arsehole and worse are people who listen to his type of hate speak yet still follow low life people like him. He represents main stream RW Chistian hate groups...like HIS church IS.

This is not uncommon in many churches...I hope the SPLC considers putting that ilk on their Hate Map.

Current Hate Map

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map

PS: Bishop Eddie Long drove a Bentley..."Too bad about...?"

How about his flock who funded his boy love ventures?

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 02:08 PM

The rally

And how is the rally all racists and bigots?

Yeah I'm still waiting for an explaination as well....sooo, see you there? I may well be there!

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 02:04 PM
[ film opens on an elderly John Belushi sitting in a train car ]

John Belushi: I guess this is my stop.

[ SUPER: "John Belushi in Don't Look Back In Anger" ]

[ cut to John walking through a cemetary on a cold, winter's day ]

John Belushi: Yeah.. they all thought I'd be the first one to go. I was one of those "Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good-Looking Corpse" types, you know? But I guess they were wrong. [ points his cane to the tombstone ] There they are - all my friends. This is the Not Ready For Prime Time Cemetary. Come on up.

[ John struggles up the snow-covered hill ]

Well.. here's Gilda Radner. Ah.. she had her own show on Canadian television for years and years. "The Gilda Radner Show". [ moment of silence ] Well, at least now I can see her on reruns. She was cute as a button, God bless her.

Here's where Laraine is. They say she murdered her D.J. husband.. then moved to the valley in California and had a pecan farm. [ holds his fingers two inches apart ] She was this big when she died.

Jane Curtin. She married a stockbroker, had two children, moved to upstate New York. She died.. from complications during cosmetic surgery.

This is Garrett Morris. Now, Garrett.. Garrett left the show, and then worked in the Black Theater for years. Then he died of an overdose of heroin.

Here's Bill Murray. He lived the longest - 38 years. Ah.. he was happy when he died, though - he'd just grown his moustache back. It's probably still growing.

Over here is Chevy Chase. He died right after his first movie with Goldie Hawn.

Over here is Danny Aykroyd. I guess he loved his Harley too much. They clocked him at 175 miles an hour before the crash. It was a blur. I had to be called in to identify his body. I recognized him by his webbed toes.

[ drops flowers on Aykroyd's grave ]

The "Saturday Night" show was the best experience of my life. And now, they're all gone. And I miss every one of them. Why me? Why did I live so long? They're all dead. [ reflective ] I'll tell you why.. Because I'm a dancer!

[ music plays, so John drops his cane and dances amongst the graves ]

[ zoom out, fade to black ]

~~~

In Memory of John Belushi (1949 - 1982)

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 01:09 PM

In a capitalistic society that values greed over human consideration, this is no surprise.

Yeah but it hasn't been this big a gap since the Depression. Things got way out of control again and we almost had another one.

~~~

Just saw the new Wall Street movie...hugely disappointed it did not drive home how corporations have taken over our democracy.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 12:57 PM

Jon Stewart is a self proclaimed comeidian. I haven't seen anything funny or relative in any of his rants.
He made an *** of himself in front of congress.

When was Jon Stewart in front of Congress?

LOL...since when were Cons ever funny or even got simple satire...their brains are not wired for comedy. Anyone ever notice that Cons are void of humor? Maybe they only laughed at people being hosed down or attacked by police dogs.

What a hoot!

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 12:53 PM
Edited by MiddleEarthling on Thu 09/30/10 12:58 PM

The rally

How so? Is Jon Stewart a racist? Show us proof or just admit that you are a liar...so the real question is what purpose is there to lie and defame decent people?

PS everybody, I got a funded invite to attend the rally! May go...:banana: maybe carry a sign that says:

I LIKE BEING T-BAGGED!

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 12:35 PM
About DAMN time!!! I know this is not a top shelf issue but it's absurd how loud some ads are...twice or three times the show's volume. I disagree with the varying feed issues..BS!...they know what they are doing.

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 12:31 PM

The SPLC was reporting about this hater 3 years before he was outed as a gay himself. The hypocrisy is deafening...

Face Right - Black Religious Opposition to Gays Rising

"Bishop Eddie Long takes to the pulpit wearing a crisp, two-piece suit. Long's been known to dress down in tight muscle shirts and leather vests when preaching, but for this sermon it's business attire. A flock of young men from his New Birth Missionary Baptist Church near Atlanta surround Long's pulpit.

"We're raising our young boys to be just like the women," he bellows to his congregation, which today numbers more than 25,000 people. "We keep telling men to get in touch with their [sweetens his voice] sensitive self."

Almost 45 minutes into the sermon, captured on a videotape that is for sale in his church's bookstore, Bishop Long grows louder and angrier.

"The problem today and the reason society is like it is, is because men are being feminized and women are being masculine!" he roars. "You can not say, ‘I was born this way.' … I don't care what scientists say!"

The crowd erupts in "amens," laughter and clapping.

Eddie Long is just one example of a growing number of powerful, politically active African-American pastors who are increasingly aligning themselves with the white evangelical Christian leaders who have been building a religiously based anti-gay movement for more than 30 years now. Like their white counterparts, these black anti-gay preachers routinely identify the so-called "homosexual agenda" — not poverty, racism, gang violence, inadequate schools, or unemployment — as the No. 1 threat facing black Americans today.

Often, they take their cues from white Christian Right hard-liners like Traditional Values Coalition chairman Louis Sheldon, who told TV pundit Tucker Carlson in January 2006 that homosexuality is "the biggest problem facing inner-city black neighborhoods." Sheldon later delivered the same message to the Congressional Black Caucus, this time accompanied by Bishop Paul Morton, a black anti-gay minister from New Orleans.

Some black ministers have been attracted to the white-dominated religious anti-gay movement by the money and power of white Christian leaders, not to mention "faith-based" grants under the Bush Administration. But it's also obvious that a segment of the black community in America has long had its own negative attitudes toward gays and lesbians. "I'm sure [black ministers] are being co-opted, but they don't need a great deal of co-optation," is how the Rev. Peter Gomes, chaplain of Harvard University, put it to the Village Voice in 2004."

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2007/spring/face-right?ondntsrc=MBQ100870HTW&newsletter=HW093010

More on Bishop Long and the charges against him.

"A fourth lawsuit has been filed against Atlanta-area Pastor Eddie Long, alleging he coerced a 15 year-old into sex during a trip to Africa."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/24/fourth-lawsuit-filed-against-pastor-eddie-long/?iref=allsearch

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 11:59 AM

MiddleEarthling's photo
Thu 09/30/10 11:56 AM
This just confirms what we already knew but concretes it in the Census findings. Thanks for the post.

Those that have jobs should feel very lucky...I took a $5 an hour pay cut over the last 3 years, went back to work this year. It's better than unemployment pay but not much above the poverty level. I will finally have HC back in January with dental too.

I hope things will get better for people soon...but it will take time.