Community > Posts By > alexiateigra

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 06:41 PM

Just kidding.

Actually, I am really excited because.........

Finally, I will be able to see Brendan Fraser in the new Mummy Movie. Personally, I do not even care if the movie is good or not. All I care about is that I get to see that handsome hunk on a bigger than life silver screen.

love love love love love love love love

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 11:09 AM

OMG...I hear you. To me, sweet talk is only sweet once you know who it's coming from and what it means to them. flowerforyou

Exactly..............Somehow, it just seems cheap when someone you do not know comes on so strong.

Thanks. I am already in a better mood now that someone else understands. flowerforyou smokin drinker flowerforyou smokin drinker
I just tune it out as best I can so they don't ruin the meaning of those words for me altogether. I do like to appreciate them when offered in sincerity. flowerforyou

I think that I haven't had my third cup of coffee for the day or something. drinker drinker drinker
laugh drinker laugh drinker I hate to admit but, yeah.

I hope you little fury one is feelin' better. I am a dog person but, I have kitties who I love and adore!

Nice meeting you.
Take Care!

Yeah, I had a crazy morning with a sick doggy, so am just now having my first cup. Are we cranky you think? laugh

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 10:59 AM

OMG...I hear you. To me, sweet talk is only sweet once you know who it's coming from and what it means to them. flowerforyou

Exactly..............Somehow, it just seems cheap when someone you do not know comes on so strong.

Thanks. I am already in a better mood now that someone else understands. flowerforyou smokin drinker flowerforyou smokin drinker
I just tune it out as best I can so they don't ruin the meaning of those words for me altogether. I do like to appreciate them when offered in sincerity. flowerforyou

I think that I haven't had my third cup of coffee for the day or something. drinker drinker drinker

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 10:57 AM

What the heck is wrong with people(guys) that don't respond to email requests to chat?? They are in Mutual Match, or they've checked out my profile, so I email them, and even ask if it's "no they don't want to" to respond and tell me so. It is SOOOOO immature and frustrating.

If you don’t get a response, no biggie. That is the nice part of being female. There are plenty of men out there!!!!!

Besides, maybe they haven’t been online. I go for periods, where I am far too busy to go online at all.

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 10:51 AM
Edited by alexiateigra on Sat 07/12/08 10:51 AM

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 10:49 AM
If you are ever lookin’ for a loser boyfriend, I would like you to consider me.

10 minutes later.

I was serious. I would like you to consider me…………………

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 10:42 AM

I'm glad someone said that it's not true of all men

I was just letting some much needed steam & did not want to insult the innocent.

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 10:36 AM
Edited by alexiateigra on Sat 07/12/08 10:37 AM
Am I the only lady that gets sick of sweet talk????? Do men really think that I can be so easily won over?????? Whatever happened to conversation & friendship???????????????

Anyone here feeling the frustration? I am so tired of posers!frustrated

Doesn't anyone read profiles!

Now that I let off some seem, I will say this is not true of all men just the fricken' posers. grumble grumble grumble

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 10:32 AM

But hey what is the deal with the young guys hitting on us ahhh seasoned women..can't figure that one out...

Men..............they hit on anything and everything. You don't even have to be there when they try hitting on you!pitchfork

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 10:23 AM

they know that most of their congregation IS STUPID!!!laugh

It is not funny to watch others take advantage of those that are trusting and/or desperate.

alexiateigra's photo
Sat 07/12/08 09:51 AM
Edited by alexiateigra on Sat 07/12/08 09:54 AM

Did you notice how some preachers fool people and gather tons of monies ?.

I do not deny what you say has some merit but, these are not examples that religion is bad. It is an example of how people who abuse power.
If you choose not to believe in a God or any organize religion that is your choice but, please avoid over simplifying the benefits of religion to mankind. It is not always just a tool to control men and women even though the past has plenty of examples of this type of abuse of power (Waco, Texas). The true origins of all religions are a result of humankind trying to make sense of this world, life, and death but, also find a purpose and meaning to all.
We could argue whether there is any meaning or purpose to life and/or death but, that is another subject altogether. For now, I am only pointing out that Religion can have a positive impact on humanity as well. Thus, instead of arguing about whether religion is good or bad (which is entirely dependent on those that practice and worship a specified or non-specified religion), I suggest to try to understand how each of us has found our own path or those that are still searching. We can learn from one another.
shades

Allow me also add. I truly do enjoy these type of discussions & do not assume that anyone will simply agree with me. Sometimes, it is far more interesting when people of different opinions get together to talk. :)

alexiateigra's photo
Fri 07/11/08 06:58 PM

We quickly digress from tolerance to violence but nowhere is there "acceptance", nor can there be as long as religions teach, that their way is the only way.

I will agree with you on this part 100% but, from my own limited understanding of various religions, I suspect that when such a situation does arise that it is the result of when a person/group is abusing the power of religion to suit his/her/their own beliefs and/or needs.

As I have said before, I have been fortunate. I realize that many that have turned away from religion have done so from a bad experience and/or experience. This may not be true for everyone but, for some at the very least.

My mother, when she was pregnant with me, was treated very poorly by her church because she was unwed. This turned my mother off of organized religion but, thankfully she did not become bitter by her experience. She was an exceptional woman. She realized that her experience was not a true representation of her God but, of people abusing their power. She stopped going to church but, gave my brother and I the opportunity to experience different religions and to make up our own mind.

Later on in life, I attended a catholic college in which it was required to take theology. Thankfully, my professor, a devoted catholic, was also very open-minded. It was his class that solidified my decision that I would be an atheist. It was his class that allowed me to answer the questions that I sought within myself to make my decision.

Although, I have become an atheist, I can honestly say that all my direct experiences with any organized religion have been good.

Maybe because of this, I still find religion interesting. When I do discuss religion with my friends of various faiths. I do not expect them to "convert" and they do not expect me to "convert" so the atmosphere is usually relax. Sometimes, we do become a little passionate but, with smiles and hugs for each other at the end. (no hard feelings). Through these discussion, I can honestly say that I have learned so much more about my friends but, also about my own beliefs that do not center around any God.

Thank you. I have truly enjoyed your feedback.
Take Care,
Alexia

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 07/10/08 06:33 PM

Alexia said
You have made some very valid points but, I am going to disagree ever so slightly about religion needs to stay at home.

I think to seperate oneself from spiritual and/or religious beliefs is unrealistic of people especially since people tend to use their spirituality and/or religion as a moral compass.

Instead, I suggest tolorence and understanding and acceptance of not only physical or ethnical or age differences but, of religion and spiritual beliefs.

As human beings, we must not fear the hot topic of religion and politics but, learn to discuss and debate. This in turn often leads to a better understanding of others and ourselves.

Quite honestly, there is no reason why a catholic, a muslim, a buddist, a wicca, an atheist, and/or any other person of faith cannot find common moral ground. Most people value kindness, consideration, and compassion, we simply need to remind ourselves and others of this.

----And yes, it is true, that some will misuse and abuse religion but, if there is any hope for humanity, we must continue try to find that common ground and practice patience even when we are faced with ignorance.

In the kindest way possible let me tell you that your words are overshadowed with naivety. You seem to expect "logic" to rue the day, but it will not happen.

Religion can ONLY be a personal thing. By mass producing it with dogmas and magical, mystical occurances, by spirts and demons it becomes a fear, a need, dependence. Once that addiction takes hold one will go to many lengths to force thier rules on others.

That's the reason why it was suggested that religion remain a private issue. If one wants to socialize with other like minded poeple, fine, but their area of socialization can not be extended beyond the boundaries of their group, or the natural tendency is to HOOK others into the addictions and condemn those who don't follow.

I can understand why you may think that I am naive & I do realize that entire human race will most likely never live in harmony but, as human beings we have a responsibility to each other to continue to strive for that peace.

(What can I say, I am idealist through and through).

I can also say that I have been fortunate enough to be able to socialize and discuss religions with others who do not share the same beliefs as I do. This is done through simple respect. I have had friends that were devote catholics, muslim, lutheran, methodist, wicca, and so on and so on. Not only have I seen and partake in such events in a one on one conversation, but in small and large groups as well. Thus, I know through personal experience that it can be done. It is truly a matter of how willing are you as an individual to pratice tolerance as we all hope for.

Thanks for you response and feedback.
Take Care
Alexiawaving waving waving

alexiateigra's photo
Thu 07/10/08 05:58 PM

Just like someone said in my UNreligion religious thread, man will take whatever doctrines created for peace and furtherment of humanity and make it into his own way to persecute those different or unknown.

Just like the organized modern religions of today do. Instead of love and understanding, tolerance and nonjudgement, the religions are discriminatory, prejudice, condescending and dangerous in the wrong mind or maybe the right mind, however you want to see it.

The religious right is named correctly, they believe they know who is right and who is wrong, they believe they have the right to punish those unlike themselves for not being like them or trying to be like them. The religious right through all of their "well meaning" actions have held this country back into the racist, prejudice, discriminatory mindset of old, instead of letting it grow and become better than it was. You hear them say it, "if only the world were like back in this day", which were the days of accepted racism, accepted prejudice, etc....

Religion needs to stay at home. People have the right to believe what they want in their homes, practice what they want in their homes, etc... it is when they are allowed to "extend" this "religious right" way of thinking to the masses of this country that we end up with problems in our government.

My personal opinion of course.

You have made some very valid points but, I am going to disagree ever so slightly about religion needs to stay at home.

I think to seperate oneself from spiritual and/or religious beliefs is unrealistic of people especially since people tend to use their spirituality and/or religion as a moral compass.

Instead, I suggest tolorence and understanding and acceptance of not only physical or ethnical or age differences but, of religion and spiritual beliefs.

As human beings, we must not fear the hot topic of religion and politics but, learn to discuss and debate. This in turn often leads to a better understanding of others and ourselves.

Quite honestly, there is no reason why a catholic, a muslim, a buddist, a wicca, an atheist, and/or any other person of faith cannot find common moral ground. Most people value kindness, consideration, and compassion, we simply need to remind ourselves and others of this.

----And yes, it is true, that some will misuse and abuse religion but, if there is any hope for humanity, we must continue try to find that common ground and practice patience even when we are faced with ignorance.

Take Care
Alexia

alexiateigra's photo
Wed 07/09/08 07:04 PM
Although I have chosen not to believe in any God or Religion, allow me to play the devil’s advocate for both for a moment.

1st. Most religions in their teachings simply apply a basic guideline for a righteous path. Most value compassion and kindness, strong work ethic, respect and duties for family. Things that most people would probably agree are good things regardless of your personal belief.

2nd. Religion can provide a social network for those that crave and/or need a certain type of structure.

3rd. Religions have been created in most cases to make sense of life, death, and the world around us.

4th. If God does truly exist, I think he would approve of my approach to life of trying to be a good person. One of the major differences between me and some believers is that there is no absolution for my soul. Any sins that I have committed will forever mark my soul for an eternity.

Religion and God are not bad or inherently evil. It is how humankind has twisted them for his/hers/their purpose.

alexiateigra's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:50 PM
Edited by alexiateigra on Tue 07/08/08 06:51 PM
I do not believe in the existence of any God because morality & truth is not dependent of the existence of any God. Therefore, I can deduce that being a good & honest person is also not dependent of any God. Thus, I can continue to seek the truth and a righteous path without following a God.

alexiateigra's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:44 PM
huh

alexiateigra's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:42 PM

We're not shallow you sh*t head!

hahaaaaaaaaa

That was hilarious. bigsmile

Here are his interests on the profile:
Interests: lifting weghts sex
I can't imagine why he can't find any older women with those fun activities.

slaphead
wow, I am also confused as to why he is unable to find his match.:banana: :banana: :banana:

I think that he can find his perfect match downtown for some green!

My only question is why do these dimwits expect an sincere answer!frustrated

alexiateigra's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:36 PM
noway noway noway noway noway noway

i think that you have us confused with a plastic blow up doll!smokin smokin smokin

alexiateigra's photo
Tue 07/08/08 06:34 PM

i'd follow his arse to the local hide out, get a mic and page him to come up and pick up his wedding ring...at the lawyers office. smokin

ooooooooooooooooh, I like that!

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25