Community > Posts By > 1mellowguy

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 08:31 PM

My daughters, who live in Connecticut are coming in for the weekend. We have a busy one planned. It is my younger nephew Alex's high school graduation tomorrow and we are going to a concert on Sunday.

My older nephew Eric (Alex's brother) goes to school at Northeastern which is one of the finest engineering universities in the country and located in Boston.

The plan was for them to meet at the ferry in New London, Ct and take it across together to Long Island. My nephew told my bro-in-law that he was taking the 9:00PM Sea Jet (makes the trip in about half the time).

So my sister, both bro-in-laws, and myself begin the 55 mile drive out to Orient Point, Long Island. We get a phone call from Eric who is getting on the regular ferry which is scheduled to leave at 8:45PM. Apparently this brilliant 20 year old young man who is a double engineering major and works at MIT's Lincoln Lab did not read the ferry schedule properly.

The 9:00PM Sea Jet only runs on Saturdays. The 8:45PM regular ferry is the last one out and since my daughters had no shot at getting there in time, I was dropped off back at my car and will have to make the 55 mile drive out there alone, at 6AM, instead of in pleasant company tonight.

I have the link to the ferry listed in my favorites. I did not double check the most basic of facts and paid the price for my oversight. frustrated

Have any of you overlooked something basic which makes you question where the f*ck your brains were? slaphead

Yep, amking a trip to Ocracoke on the outer banks. I looked up an alternate route to get there to save an hour. Instead of just driving up the strip of the seashore, I went to Swan Quarter to catch another ferry over. That ferry only runs twice a day, and that little community doesn't even have a B&B. Had to backtrack and it was 2 am when we made it back just to the Hatteras Lighthouse. Let me say I was not a favorite of many that night.

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 08:21 PM

One man's trash is another's treasure.

One man's pain is another's pleasure.

jmo

I get all my junk from the mission. same stuff just hundreds cheaper.

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 08:19 PM

I was reading the owls hate snakes...so one person put fake snakes in the tree where they landed at night, (which was right outside her window as well)...she said it worked for her...but suggested that you keep moving the snakes around every couple of nights in the tree...

she found some realistic looking rubber snakes...

smile2

I knew there was flying monkeys and I know why now. laugh

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 08:16 PM

I have a herniated disc...I find walking helps keep it strong.

Yeah but still that is horrible situation. I know you have to have trouble sleeping.

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 08:13 PM

OUCH Kim. Sorry to hear that.flowerforyou

I have a high pain tolerance but geez oh man, I can barely walk this time. Don't know how you all deal with it on a daily basis.

I used to have a pain in the a$$, but it went away when she found a b/f. Been pain free now for a couple of months now. happy

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 08:10 PM

I spazzed out my back again. Not even sure what I did this time. I was watering plants so sort of bent over at an odd angle. Last time it was from lifting fire wood. I have an old back injury so I try to be careful. BUT, I did get some hefty pain pills out of the deal. Anybody else have back pain? If so, what do you do for it?

Wrap some smooth river rocks in some warm moist towels, and put them along your spine if possible. great stuff. BTW your new pic is pretty.

Thanks.

Now, if I only had access to river rock.

walmart craft section. They have a bag of bigger ones, you shouldnt need any more than about 8-10.

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 08:04 PM

I spazzed out my back again. Not even sure what I did this time. I was watering plants so sort of bent over at an odd angle. Last time it was from lifting fire wood. I have an old back injury so I try to be careful. BUT, I did get some hefty pain pills out of the deal. Anybody else have back pain? If so, what do you do for it?

Wrap some smooth river rocks in some warm moist towels, and put them along your spine if possible. great stuff. BTW your new pic is pretty.

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 07:59 PM
Edited by 1mellowguy on Fri 06/26/09 07:59 PM

laugh laugh laugh

:wink:

Hmmm...so what's so funny about a guy having the courage to step out of his comfort zone? I applaud it & respect that a whole lot more than snickering about it...Nice post, OP...

Thank you, finally some support. flowerforyou

But I must say today was not the day to meet people. I did what I set out to do, one lady on the bus, and one at the mall. Bad timing though, every conversation turned to dead people...frustrated

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 07:55 PM

The mystery has been solved..... owls. Very large owls.

Good thing, flying monkeys are like cockroaches, you see one you probably have hundreds.

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 07:52 PM

my bedlaugh laugh

laugh your gonna lose your mind if you don't sleep dude.

For me it is an antidote for Stackers so I can sleep too.

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 07:44 PM
Edited by 1mellowguy on Fri 06/26/09 07:47 PM

I don't think it matters if they mourn for us. I think it is fairly common to say, hey did you hear about so-and-so. The fact is we are interested in them/news about them else there wouldn't be a gazillion threads out here on this topic. The point of this one was just how one overshadows another.

It is usally the one who has had the most controversy, that people talk about the most. Farrah's personality has been quiet for some time, she was sitting back having a normal family life. Then you have MJ who always seemed to get caught up in the limelight, and then his incident happened so quickly, that it just threw people for a loop. Poor Farrah has been sick for a while, and I think more people expected that to come when it did.

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 03:13 PM

My life works in waves....i can have really busy times in my life where it is all go and very productive and fruitful....then there r other times when my life is very quiet with not a lot going on.

Either way, when i wake in the morning, i embrace the new day and take any opportunities that may arise within it.

very well put

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 02:58 PM
A little of both... had a good life but i still want more

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 10:46 AM

I have been doing some thinking about what I said about being afraid of walking up to someone and talking to them.. What I want to is start making myself walk up to someone of the opposit and try to start a conversation with them. Does anyone want to do this with me and report our findings here?

I did this with some gay clients. I took them to the "Gayborhood" here is Philly and told them to watch me. We walked 10 blocks and I said "Hi" to everyone I met. Then on the way back, I had them do it. I am not gay, but I got a free Cigar magazine, a dollar for the snack machine at the William Way Community Center and an offer to F* some drunk guy's brains out.
lmao rich i had a feeling youd put your two cents in...lol

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 03:55 AM

Seems you cared enough to make a new thread about it. laugh
laugh laugh laugh laugh

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 03:53 AM

If you have the guts...............try it.

Dont be surprized if women are getting out the ninja gear though..........cuzzzzzzzzzzzz we do that.

Stranger danger!!!scared

<-------city girl. Who the hell are you???scared

Ninja gear? ok, I like when they play hard to get... I'm just worried about restraining orders.

Hi city girl, Things aren't that bad here.

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 03:19 AM

I have been doing some thinking about what I said about being afraid of walking up to someone and talking to them.. What I want to is start making myself walk up to someone of the opposit sex and try to start a conversation with them. Does anyone want to do this with me and report our findings here?

What the hell. I'll try it. Though I don't plan on encountering any strangers any time soon.

I just have to figure out how and when so I don't come off as a total dweeb. Ha. I do have a new neighbor that I've been meaning to chat up. She seems nice enough and she's a bit of a cutie.

thats the spirit doc

1mellowguy's photo
Fri 06/26/09 03:17 AM
plus everyone on mingle who lives close by here has not logged on in over a month

1mellowguy's photo
Thu 06/25/09 08:51 PM

HELL NO!!!!!I hate racists.

then you're bogoted against racists!!!laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no body wins, loldrinker drinker drinker

I wondered if anyone would catch that...

1mellowguy's photo
Thu 06/25/09 08:41 PM

laugh laugh laugh

what I thought, just gave it a try.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 21 22