Community > Posts By > cabot

cabot's photo
Wed 07/29/09 11:07 PM
Edited by cabot on Wed 07/29/09 11:08 PM

Instead of drinking beers I would rather see this cop and this harvard cry baby have a boxing match in the gym of the white house.Obama trashed this guy in front of millions of people for risking his life and doing his job exactly how he was trained to do.I'm sick of hearing how the minorities are always the victim regardless of wealth,social status,or popularity,and never miss the opportunity to insult,degrade,or humuliate a white person any chance they can.

Or a Basketball games with no fouls called.

I agree, a beer to sweep this under the rug. First of all as a former Cop, I would refuse the beer. Sorry Mr. President, I have to drive. Second of all what kind of message does this send? If you have a run in with the law, sit down and have a beer? Paleeze. This is almost as bad as his "acted stupidly" comment. And stupidly is not a word anyway.

Who the heck is paying for the trips back and forth?

cabot's photo
Wed 07/29/09 10:33 PM

If the government really wanted to stop the massive bleeding of red ink that it is spurting like a oil well it would realize that if it lowered the tax rates it is charging to companies who make over $650,000 a year (which stands at around 34%)those companies would move their operations back to the United states and it would create millions of new jobs and billions of dollars in new taxes.

George bush's tax cuts for the rich(or for people making over $650,000)worked very well because it lowered the high taxes these people were having to pay and they had more to invest in their companies which led to both industry growth and new job openings.There is no doubt if you lowered the taxes for the rich down to say 20% you would have a explosion of new jobs and new companies as the savings would be massive.A billion dollar company that normaly pays $340,000,000 dollars in taxes off of a billion dollar net now would only pay $200,000,000.$140,000,000 extra dollars for basically nothing the company did leaves a lot of room to expand and hire new people.

George bush also took office during a recession,a all time record drop and low on the stock market,ran two wars,and still managed to set record level highs for the stock market and job growth.

It seems to me that Obama is either too stupid or afraid to admit that he should try the same tactics as G bush did.And those tactics is to lower taxes for the big companies,and give rebate checks to the tax payers.Both were very well for this country.

If Bush's way was working so well, then how come so many American companies went overseas during his time?

Our so called free trade policy is both a Democrat and Republican issue. Clinton signed NAFTA into law, Bush II did nothing to stop the mass exodus of US jobs overseas. Neither tried to stop the flood of illegal aliens by securing the borders. jmo

cabot's photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:43 PM

We are in a pretty deep recession, yes. We aren't in a depression yet.

Even if we were the Government would not admit it...was my point.

Before the election, both Obama and McCain said that we were in a recession.

I know that...but the recession started in the beginning of 208, yet the Bush administration said we weren't. Then at the end of 2008 the GAO admitted we were in a recession for the past year. Like we didn't already know that.

States unemployment rates are high, but some cities have much higher rates then the state average.

Wait till inflation kicks in. That is the only thing keeping us out of a depression right now. 10% unemployment with an inflation rate of 8 to 10% will be real tough on people.

cabot's photo
Wed 07/29/09 05:30 PM

We are in a pretty deep recession, yes. We aren't in a depression yet.

Even if we were the Government would not admit it...was my point.

cabot's photo
Wed 07/29/09 05:29 PM

So you can be a complete idiot and have your own show. You have to be really out of it to think Obama is a racist.

But it's ok for Obama to call cops stupid? And to basically call the one in question a racist?

Obama has his own show...Oprah taught him well. laugh

cabot's photo
Wed 07/29/09 05:23 PM
Obama is our first Bi-Racial President...yet he focuses on his blackness more than anything..just my observation.

cabot's photo
Wed 07/29/09 05:21 PM

It's sad but that's what happens in a recession.

As the Government would not admit we were in a recession until a year after the fact, under Bush, nor will they admit we are near a depression now. some cities have 17% unemployment, and that is only what is recorded, not the ones that have run out of benefits...jmo

cabot's photo
Tue 07/28/09 06:25 PM

that is nothing different or new...

that is the way that health care is now, so that is not going to be any change.

you even have to wait to get a prior authorization for treatment with the best insurance policies...

really, the waiting game is nothing new...it has been going on for the 30-35 years I have been in various areas of health care, both professionally and personally...

winking

Actually health care is quite different now, if you have good insurance or money you do not take a number, you move to the head of the line. jmo

cabot's photo
Tue 07/28/09 06:23 PM
And people thought Bush was a redneck...Geeze.

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 09:23 PM
Unfortunately Mirror, the Presidency has been a joke as of the last few decades. Clinton, Lewinsky...Bush and Iraq...Obama and Health care....Carter and Iran...

Ross had as many qualifications as the rest.

As far as VP's, Quayle, Biden, Gore...and on and on. another Joke.

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 09:09 PM
It's simple, Ross was the nerd in school. He didn't fit the image America wanted, tall, strong, small ears...etc...but the guy was smart. To bad America..we have to get past the image thing. But I doubt we will. "Profiling"? Oh yeah, Ross was profiled as a small guy who had a funny voice...kinda like Erkle.

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 08:55 PM

to be honest...I can't remember what the controversy was about him

He knew economics and wanted less government.

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 08:42 PM

I remember he had really big ears.

So does Obama.biggrin

yea, but Obama is a hottie with big ears.

So you voted for a hottie vs a smartie?laugh

I vote for Sarah then.

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 08:26 PM

I remember he had really big ears.

So does Obama.biggrin

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 08:16 PM
He seen the storm coming and most people seen him as a lunatic. I'm sure Ross has weathered the storm well.

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 08:15 PM

:smile: Is this about the bill to make HBO show his birth certificate?:smile:

no. Health Care

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:39 PM
I guess the next step is finding out who the father is and his side of the story.

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:37 PM

It is normal to feel bitter to the opposite sex after a rough break up?brokenheart

Normal? I hope so, I have been bitter for 4 years...is that too long?laugh

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:26 PM
I meant, at the time the killing is happening many people are technically insane, or "lost it" for a brief period. Was this woman sane and rational when she had the child or was carrying the baby? More details are needed I guess.

cabot's photo
Mon 07/27/09 07:19 PM

I say smoke what you want, but right now marijuana is considered illegal, the point I wanted to make was the whole marijuana is an herb, but just on that point cocaine and heroine all come from plants. Yes they are chemically treated but as I don't know if these drugs can be manufactured without chemicals I can only guess.

I think most people are hung up on the illegal part of it. Driving to fast is illegal, drunk driving is illegal, coming here without going through immigration is illegal, ponzi schemes are illegal, and on and on. I can appreciate people that are for legal marijuana, and those against it...I just think spending law enforcement resources and prisons resources to catch and lock up pot heads is a big waste of time and money. Like I said before, I've had plenty of fights with drunks, even responded to many drunk driver auto fatalities, however, most people that are high are mellow, want to relax and eat and sleep. Most Pharmaceutical pills have worse side effects than pot, and we pay for them..and the government gets it cut as well.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25