Community > Posts By > daniel48706

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/31/09 05:13 PM
You look as if you are part of the Judd family. Resemblance to Winona (but definitely younger lol) is astounding.

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/31/09 05:06 PM
"Well i guess it's time for a little update it's been a while.

I am now 23 living in XXXXXXX with my boyfriend and daughter

I am always up for a good laugh I am easy to talk to and to get along with.

If you would like to know more you know what to do "

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/31/09 04:34 PM
What I do is very simple. If I have the money on me, and see someone, I will stop and get a value meal, or what I can, for the person and give them that.
The way I look at it, if they are that short on money then they need food also. And if they are asking for food in order to feed kids, what are THEY eating? They need to eat as well or they will get sick and thnen what happens to the kids? Yes this is inr egards ot hte honest ones looking fr help and not scamming people.

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/31/09 04:06 PM
amean to the fact you took care of your mother. I am very glad to see people still do. However, there is nothing in this federal clause that mandates a living will, advanced directives or anything. The ONLY thing it does is mandate that every citizen has the RIGHT to seek counseling services, and get assistance with end of life needs, such as wills, end of life wishes, etc etc.

And before anyone brings up that it is so long again, it is so long because the bill in question does not cover just this specific issue. It also has clauses and requirements toward other bills and laws that the congressman writing it wants done.

Geez,

The four of us - parents, brother and self have sat down and discussed what we want to happen should anything ever happen. It's written, though whether it's valid or not is debatable. It's not that traumatic of an issue. We've got DNR's all over the place.

Just do it!

Regarding living will - the doc told me, there'd have to be a group of 3 doctors to agree that the person was braindead before they'd actually follow the living will anyways.

Hospice - sad to say, in the end, it's how well you can take care of your family, I personally believe. We did not used to dump our elderly or sick in such places. They stayed home and were taken care of by the family. Now, we dump them when it's inconvient.

Maybe some hospice places you know take in terminally ill people.

We didn't "dump" my mother there. She was at my sister's house. Ever other week I would drive over 560 miles and stay a week to help take care of my mother. Hospice provided EVERYTHING she needed to help make the rest of her life as comfortable as possible. We rolled her every two hours so she wouldn't get bed sores, we set our alarms and took shifts, never getting a full nights sleep. Am I complaining, no way, just trying to set the record straight that there are some people out there that do not "dump" their loved ones when they are dying.

God rest your soul ma
6/19/09sad2 :angel:

No government intrusion required.grumble

daniel48706's photo
Sat 10/31/09 03:48 PM

I don't disagree with what you did. However, I would have first told him to say he was sorry and to then get his little fanny back to where he is supposed to be. I only spanked my son for insubordination. But, it also depends on the age of the child in question.

Well in this case, he mouthed off, I smacked AS I was telling him to apologize, and then I made him sit down on one of the pews that are in the fellowship hall where I could see hm, considering he had already disobeyed about staying where he was told to, I wasn't gonna trust him to go back upstairs and stay IN the church etc.

daniel48706's photo
Fri 10/30/09 11:00 PM

"I don't have any problem with things like living wills, but they ought to be done within the family," he said. "We should not have a government program that determines you're going to pull the plug on grandma."

Huh? Since when does making preparations for when you do die or what to do if you've suffered an accident that would leave you in a vegitative state mean having someone else make all those decisions for you?

Thank you, finally someone asks the very question I am looking for an answer to.

daniel48706's photo
Fri 10/30/09 10:53 PM
I hate to say it Queene, but from how you describe it it literally sounds like she dug her hole, made sure she took her kids with her into it, and did not make sure she could get back out, so now she is stuck.

I know that is hard for you and the rest of the family to accept, but it truly sounds as if that is the case.

daniel48706's photo
Fri 10/30/09 09:47 AM

Hummm well if I recall right she has not been there very long. How did she get there in the first place and how much did it cost her at that time and you said she took 3 years off did she not make any plans on how to come back ect... just curious cause thought she had just went over there just a short time ago....

I thought that too. And I am sorry to say that if it is still in the United States territories and regions, then you are no going to be able to find any assistance more likely than not. This is because she wont need a passport, and it is not foriegn land, so it is considered to be up to her or family members to provide the money for her to come home.

daniel48706's photo
Fri 10/30/09 09:31 AM

What did we do before we had-em--Hummmmm????

That's a good question.

What did we do before cell phones became every day items int eh family household.

A. We applied for jobs and gave them either our phone number at home or a contact number to be reached at AND EMPLOYERS WOULD CALL THESE NUMBERS AND WAIT TO BE CALLED BACK

B. We mailed letters of reference and "check ups" in to employers to check on the status of our application AND EMPLOYERS MAILED US BACK IF NO UMBER WAS AVAILABLE.

C. We looked for employment in areas where we could keep in contact with the employer, and lo and behold EMPLOYERS HIRED US, EVEN THOSE OF US WITHOUT A CAR.

The main problem in society towards the issue of cell phones for the needy is that in the case of jobs, EMPLOYERS ARE BEING ALLOWED TO DISCRIMINATE, TURN DOWN AND EVEN REFUSE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR ANY REASON AT ALL.

If employers would be willing to spend an extra five minutes or 24 hours to call a contact number and WAIT a reasonable time t be called back, then cell phones would not be so crucial. If employers would be willing to hire locally and not make outrageous requirements (like having a car when you live two blocks down the street; which happens to be illegal but they still do it), then cell phones would not be so crucial.

If SCHOOLS would do the right thing in an emergency; pull the child's records for emergency contacts and go down the list; if no one answers follow the permission forms if it is serious enough to require a hospital.

Today, schools will try and call ONCE if your child needs to go to the hospital or is sick and needs to go home. If you do not answer the phone, they get on the phone to Child Protective Services and file a complaint of neglect, on the basis that you can not be reached in an emergency. Never mind the fact that you have already signed the forms authorizing the school to take a child to the hospital in the event you can not be reached and a hospital is neccesary. And that's in the rare case anymore that the school does not already have the legal right to send your child to the hospital without your permission.

My point is, you need to look at WHY cell phones have become so needed, not sit back and say they aren't. I agree they SHOULDN'T be as needed as they are. But today's society implements more and more emphasis on speed, and efficiency over all else, than it does on reality, and reasonable behavior and requirements.

daniel48706's photo
Fri 10/30/09 09:15 AM
I agree with you that the neighbor on welfare yuo just described is someone that needs to be investigated for possible welfare fraud. And yuo know what? YOU are just as guilty as they are if yuo fail to either callt he local welfare office, or go down there, and fid out the hotline t call to report someone you think is defrauding the system. It is YOUR responsibility to report when you see issues like a single mother of five living in a home paid for by the state, who has no discernable disabilities, but refuses to work, yet she has a brand new vehicle in her driveway, always having parties, etc tec tec.

If you do not step forward and report these people that you see, so they can be investigated and droppe form welfare if found to be guilty, then it will never end.

And the person we have been talking about is a very low percentage of the actual number of people receiving assistance.

Disclaimer: I am not saying single mothers are the only ones that abuse, it's just the most common refreance point it seems.

I think the main issue here is there is a lot of people getting some pretty good benefits for doing nothing.I feel for the poor and I was one of those people who for a time was sleeping in my car picking up scrap metal on the side of the road trying to make a few bucks.I eventually was able to afford a room in a house where about about 10 other people lived and we all had to share the same bathroom.While living with section 8 people and people that were dirt poor I learned that they really knew how to work the system.They could have the government pay their electric,rent,and other bills.They could get free food from the food bank.Dissability,welfare,and other free income.They were living a pretty good life for not doing anything.

It bothers me that the working poor who pay taxes just like everyone else gets up in the morning,works a job they probably don't like,and comes home to their neighbor who doesn't work,talks on his or her free cellphone,drives around the neighboorhood in a Cadalliac escalade,uses food stamps,and collects a welfare check all for doing nothing but being lazy.

daniel48706's photo
Fri 10/30/09 08:57 AM
One major reason Philosophy is needed in schools today is also that it teaches teenagers, yes teenagers not elementary students, the fundemantals of talking with people, discussing ideas, and broadening their minds so that they are not so narrow-minded that they refuse to listen or accept any idea that is nto their own.

daniel48706's photo
Thu 10/29/09 03:42 AM

i should had said that she isent in the miltary but how can they still help

They can't. The only options that are available is your daughter coming up with the money to get airfare home (and passport if necesarry), you or another family member providing the money for the airfare and passports, or MAYBE approaching the American Consulate. As long as relations between our two countries are relatively peaceful I do not see the American Embassy being able to do anything, but I don't know.

daniel48706's photo
Thu 10/29/09 03:37 AM
For all those who want to complain about the needy receiving 68 minutes a month free, that's roughly a 10 dollar phone card (if they even make those any more). 10 dollars times 12 months is 120 dollars worth of minutes on the phone. That works out to roughly 2 months of your NORMAL cell phone availability, not counting in you have a hell of a lot more minutes than 68 per month.

Now, you want the poor to stop receiving the assistance they need? The I want every single person who makes enough to live on without asking for assistance to give up all their tax credits; that's right give up the 1000 dollars per child tax credit. Give up being able to write off your school loans on your taxes. All you get back is anything you overpaid, nothing else. After all, you already HAVE enough every month, and the government is so far in debt that all those refunds would be far better used in pulling our country out of debt.

What does everyone here think of that suggestion? If your not willing to do this then you need to shut your mouths, step back and quit whining about people who NEED the little extras getting them.

daniel48706's photo
Thu 10/29/09 03:31 AM

I see no problem with someone who's working hard to make there lives better getting assistance. The problem I have is the ones who abuse it. In my work and the area I work in I see the abuse more often than the ones needing it.

I remember my mom telling me the state would pay for a land line for people in need of assistance.

Nowdays it's prob cheaper to have a cell over a land line. I know when my dad was in a nursing home it cost about me about half the price a month to get him a cell on my family plan than it would have to get a land line.

My problem is noone knows when others are abusing for real, they assume it.

That is the biggest problem with all gov programs.

That the assumed abuse is never what is assumed?

No.

That there is abuse and nothing will be done to try and stop it.

Outside of having Uncle Sam listen in on all calls made with this cell phone, there is no way to "try and stop it" from happening.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 10/28/09 04:43 PM
on one hand I would like to see a one world currency as it has good points to it. And I definitely would like to see one world government someday where the whole world is at peace with one another.

Is it likely to happen? The world currency probably will, but one world government wont for a long long time yet if ever.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 10/28/09 04:38 PM
Maybe it has changed, but when I was in service the mac flights did nto cost anything, and they werent ONLY to military bases though those were the primary destinations yes. I flew one from ramstein air base in germany to Philadelphia international to Fort Sill Oklahoma back in 1994. And families COULD use them as well, but military personell got first priority.

The wya it worked is you went to the terminal and applied to be put on the list for the next open seat. First come first serve with military personell on orders getting first pick, medical leave getting second, normal leave third; then came fmailies of miitary personel, and I think the soldier had to actually be flying with them. There were a couple other categories but I can not remember what they are now.

In regards to civilians with no family military connections however, no it was not an available option. The best thing I can suggest is have your daughter go to the American Consulate where she is at, and seek his/her advise and assistance.

Good Luck and God Bless

I've heard of military hops, where someone in the military can ride on a flight, but I think only active military can take advantage.

yep, they're called MAC flights (i forget what it stands for). basically they hop from base to base world wide that has an airfield. the hops cost around $25-$50 a pop last time i knew. but as stated earlier before, only active duty personnel may use them, not family or prior enlisted.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 10/28/09 03:31 PM
I currently have 120 minutes on my cell phone. This is because I do not use it except when needed (for example calling social services department to fix the mistakes they make on a regular basis) because the local dss is outside of my landlines available area. No, I do not even pay for regional calling, let alone long distance.

So in reference to wether or not it is a scam, yes 68 minutes is more than enough time if yused properly and with self control. And there have been a couple months that I ran out of minutes. They do not cut in offering an option for more minutes. If yuo want more minutes you have to go to the store and purchase those minutes (which I did once, cause I was arguing with the electric company when they were threatening to shut me off.

My poin tis, this service is very much needed, just as most social service services are very much needed. Does this mean people do nt abuse it? no. Does it mean it should continue to be abused? no.

Ok, I have only 1 real question (for now) but let's just "make believe" that I was cool with this handing the cell phones to the poor or as someone may have said earlier the "working poor" Why in the world would they need this....?????

"It includes texting, voicemail, call waiting and caller ID."

Caller ID...are you kidding me??????
Texting what the hell for??????
voicemail...ok, I can see that one
and call waiting...uh...not too sure??????

I remember a time when I worked more than one job, still could not afford a land line in my home, know what I did, I went out and used a public phone. Granted they are becoming more and more obsolete but I worked around it.

I can see giving them phones for emergency calls (for medical purposes and calling 911 only) but minutes to talk, and free texting. Why should they get these things for free when the rest of us have to pay for same service. jmo

Well, it might be a scam too! Think about it...who in the world can ONLY use 68 minutes a month???? An hr and 8 mins. They probably use that in 1 convo. So, after they go over their mins maybe there is an offer of some kind to purchase a couple of more?
just saying...

daniel48706's photo
Wed 10/28/09 03:24 PM

Ok, I have only 1 real question (for now) but let's just "make believe" that I was cool with this handing the cell phones to the poor or as someone may have said earlier the "working poor" Why in the world would they need this....?????

"It includes texting, voicemail, call waiting and caller ID."

Caller ID...are you kidding me??????
Texting what the hell for??????
voicemail...ok, I can see that one
and call waiting...uh...not too sure??????

I agree with you on this. I did not even know I had half those options available. I can agree with the caller id, so you can refuse to answer it and thus save your minutes if it isnt important.
Voicemail is definitely agreeable, how else is a prospective empoyer going to leave you a message? or your childs school etc.
texting is absolutely NOT needed under any circumstances, and nor is call waiting.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 10/28/09 03:18 PM

daniel, i don't know about the state you live in and haven't had a chance to look it up as of yet, but here you can ask for a behavioral consultant.

if you ask, the school is legally bound to refer your child to the department of education. there are several behavioral consultants on staff, and the one that covers your child's area will evaluate the situation.

the schools usually bend over backward to prevent this, as anything the consultants require they are bound to provide; if they don't, it ends up in court. these are trained psychologists that are the advocate for the CHILD, not the school. they provide education for the parents and the teachers alike, and do teachings throughout the districts.

my mother was one for many years, and i've often invoked her name, lol...and whenever i threatened to call her, i got results. quick ones.

I agree with what you said. I also have gone right over the school district's head and went straight to the county Intermediate Unit. They will NEVER let a child who needs therapists or an IEP slip through. My childs therapists all come from the intermediate unit and come to the school for his therapies.

I think, considering his school has already refused to fill out the connors form, claiming they need a doctors request to do so (which is pure and utter horse manure as they are legally bound to provide ME the father with ANY information I ask for), I am going to look into going above the school myself. I am tired of getting the run around, and having problems getting him the help he needs, along with not being able to work BECAUSE of his health issues.
You said you went to the "County Intermediate Unit"? How do I locate this intermediate unit?

daniel48706's photo
Wed 10/28/09 05:51 AM
OMG that brought tears to my eyes. Thank yuo for posting it!

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25