Community > Posts By > YouAndImake1

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 01:53 PM

I get a feeling this is going to get moved lol

But I do know chemo is hard on people. If there is an alternative thta would work...I would try that....but I would do what I had to for my son

If it does, I'll know where to post the next one like this...
I am not a parent but I feel like you, maybe I will go to hell but my child will get what is necessary...

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 01:22 PM
MINNEAPOLIS – A Minnesota judge ruled Friday that a 13-year-old cancer patient must be evaluated by a doctor to determine if the boy would benefit from restarting chemotherapy over his parents' objections.

In a 58-page ruling, Brown County District Judge John Rodenberg found that Daniel Hauser has been "medically neglected" by his parents, Colleen and Anthony Hauser, and was in need of child protection services.

While he allowed Daniel to stay with his parents, the judge gave the Hausers until Tuesday to get an updated chest X-ray for their son and select an oncologist.

If the evaluation shows the cancer had advanced to a point where chemotherapy and radiation would no longer help, the judge said, he would not order the boy to undergo treatment.

The judge wrote that Daniel has only a "rudimentary understanding at best of the risks and benefits of chemotherapy. ... he does not believe he is ill currently. The fact is that he is very ill currently."

Daniel's court-appointed attorney, Philip Elbert, called the decision unfortunate.

"I feel it's a blow to families," he said. "It marginalizes the decisions that parents face every day in regard to their children's medical care. It really affirms the role that big government is better at making our decisions for us."

Elbert said he hadn't spoken to his client yet. The phone line at the Hauser home in Sleepy Eye in southwestern Minnesota had a busy signal Friday. The parents' attorney had no immediate comment but planned to issue a statement.

Daniel was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and stopped chemotherapy in February after a single treatment. He and his parents opted instead for "alternative medicines" based on their religious beliefs.

Child protection workers accused Daniel's parents of medical neglect; but in court, his mother insisted the boy wouldn't submit to chemotherapy for religious reasons and she said she wouldn't comply if the court orders it.

Doctors have said Daniel's cancer had up to a 90 percent chance of being cured with chemotherapy and radiation. Without those treatments, doctors said his chances of survival are 5 percent.

Daniel's parents have been supporting what they say is their son's decision to treat the disease with nutritional supplements and other alternative treatments favored by the Nemenhah Band.

The Missouri-based religious group believes in natural healing methods advocated by some American Indians.

After the first chemotherapy treatment, the family said they wanted a second opinion, said Dr. Bruce Bostrom, a pediatric oncologist who recommended Daniel undergo chemotherapy and radiation.

They later informed him that Daniel would not undergo any more chemotherapy. Bostrom said Daniel's tumor shrunk after the first chemotherapy session, but X-rays show it has grown since he stopped the chemotherapy.

"My son is not in any medical danger at this point," Colleen Hauser testified at a court hearing last week. She also testified that Daniel is a medicine man and elder in the Nemenhah Band.

The family's attorney, Calvin Johnson, said Daniel made the decision himself to refuse chemotherapy, but Brown County said he did not have an understanding of what it meant to be a medicine man or an elder.

Court filings also indicated Daniel has a learning disability and can't read.

The Hausers have eight children. Colleen Hauser told the New Ulm Journal newspaper that the family's Catholicism and adherence to the Nemenhah Band are not in conflict, and that she has used natural remedies to treat illness.

Nemenhah was founded in the 1990s by Philip Cloudpiler Landis, who said Thursday he once served four months in prison in Idaho for fraud related to advocating natural remedies.

Landis said he founded the faith after facing his diagnosis of a cancer similar to Daniel Hauser. He said he treated it with diet choices, visits to a sweat lodge and other natural remedies.

rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 11:27 AM

Could the country with the highest divorce rate and breakups have the most amount of cheaters in the world

or

the country with the least amount of divorce rate and breakups have the most amount of cheaters in the world?

Or is it impossible to say?

Here are some continents to consider

USA
South Americans
Asians
Russia
Middle East
Australia
Europe

Most likely unable to determine the cause. The U.S. has some of the most lenient divorce laws (no fault). Customs in other regions in the world are more adhered to. In a society where they are globally more spoiled though, there is most likely an inherent reasoning that "the grass is always greener" or "I deserve better" mindset.

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 11:17 AM

I never understood why we have organs that we don't need... ohwell

evolution, mass produced "safer" foods, laziness

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 11:12 AM

Dont you have cable???noway :wink: laugh

I have satellite but I can not sit for a long period of time without getting bored. Maybe it would be different if there was a woman here but most likely, I would still say, "Hey hun, let's go do something".
When asked what, I would say, "I don't know but I don't want to just sit here and get old".

smile2

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 09:02 AM

They are all fun and games till your doing 50 on your bike and you take a direct hit in the suglasses.

About as much fun as a bee inside a tucked in T shirt while riding...

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 08:55 AM

so yeah i was in school learning to be a good medical assistant when i felt this pain was so bad i thought id walk it off any way it got so bad i screamed like slutty girl # 1 on teen horror flick ended up in the hospital and now my appendix is gone and my skin feels like a zipper so much for a swimsuit

anybody else missing any organs

I think my heart is missing...

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 08:52 AM

no photo
Fri 05/15/09 08:40 AM
Last night, I watched a junebug slamming into everything until he was stunned and laid on his back. Shortly after, he was doing the same thing with seemingly no purpose.

How in hell do they ever reproduce?

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:27 PM
Edited by YouAndImake1 on Thu 05/14/09 09:29 PM
This is sort of a sad story ladies, you might not want to read it...

OK, so for weeks now, I've been watching the robins outside. They're territorial as all hell because the trees here are fairly new (5 years). I've watched as the males argued and squabbled over the females, the fights ending up with no blood but damaged egos,,, maybe.
There's only a few trees in each yard and there were nests in each one. Well, all but one...
I couldn't understand why this one guy was such an @sshole towards his female. He would keep her hemmed into a small area, making sure she didn't go far. I wondered if she was loose or something but birds will be birds (read up on how chickadees are). One day, he's being particularly mean to her and it's actually annoying. I watch her. She gets a piece of grass or string and takes it up into the tree (not very high). She comes back down. She goes back up. This continues for days. After a while, I think maybe I'm seeing things but I think it's looking like the same piece of string or grass or whatever.
I decide to scope out what she's done, how far her nest is and what do I see? Only 15 or 20 strands of crap, not arranged in any pattern, just draped over the branch. I started laughing. In the meantime, the other robins are done making their nests. Having seen this, I even took some dried weeds and stems I pulled from around the landscaping and left it over there close so she would have material.
For a few days more, the male is hounding her. Same patterns, swooping down on her to make her stay in the area to finish the nest.
This is no joke, last Friday or Thursday, I was watching. He came over to her making noises and fluttering around, then he swooped off until I couldn't see him.
I haven't seen him since then...
I'm wondering if she was a retarded bird and didn't know how to make a nest and he just said "I'm outta here"...

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 08:59 PM
Edited by YouAndImake1 on Thu 05/14/09 09:00 PM
I took this pretty serious for about a week, thinking I could meet "the one".

I let the reality set in.

This is a form of entertainment like anything else on the net.

There are, percentagewise, the same amount of people that are doing the same in real life. That applies to all facets,
lovers
haters
scammers
baters
cucumbers
taters

(where was I going with this?)

Oh yeah

and instigators

There are some really cool people here. They have various reasons for being online. Some have limited time. Some are shy. Some find this as a way to ease inhabitions in talking to others...

There are some jerks here. They have various reasons for being online. Some have limited time. Some are shy. Some find this as a way to speak out and not get any retaliation. After being treated decent, they ease up and take it less serious.

There are some that come here who are in real life, serious by nature and find it easier to relax here, take it easy and find stress relief. They ease in slowly, not used to being able to just cut up over anything.

There are some who are here to con people into believing they are something they really aren't. These ones, in my opinion, are the ones who take this very seriously. It is a lifeline to them as they may have run out of "marks" in real life.

I'm going to enjoy the forums here and push aside the thoughts of meeting "the one" here.
Alas, I am no longer fresh meat...
-tries to squeeze out a fake tear for effect-

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 08:34 PM

Nags Head...also known as the Outer Banks, North Carolina.
What's goin on there?

Lots of fun. Gotta beach house. Driving the trucks onto the beach and having a blast.

Don't forget,,,
"Save The Bales"

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 08:34 PM
vacation : temporary escape from reality without the use of drugs or alcohol (may be included in your package)

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 06:14 PM

slaphead If you were in a RELATIONSHIP & you really loved them & you found out they were just using you for SEX? :laughing: slaphead rofl

I wonder...
would it be ok to continue to have sex but release your heart from their grasp and pursue real love...

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 05:57 PM
The temper is in check unless a few things happen
Someone hurts my family or close friends
Someone takes advantage of the meek
Someone hurts a child
As for me, it's easy to blow someone off if they screw with me

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 05:51 PM
Choosy
I choose not to settle
I want love or nothing

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 05:21 PM

I’ve never used this blog before but I’ve been wondering a few things and just wondering if anyone has an opinion or any answers…
First of all, let me say I have never been in love. I’ve been close a few times but they turned out to be duds! I am of the persuasion that I will fall in love only once when I believe the guy is truly worthy of my heart and loyalty. And with that said….

What is it that men want? I know that all men are different…blah, blah, blah. But seriously, I’ve met a lot of guys, friends, dates, friend’s boyfriends, etc. and most of them are commitment phobic…that is until they meet “THE ONE” Who is the elusive one…??? I know I don’t have a lot of room to talk since the longest “relationship” I’ve had since my ex-husband has been 3 months. I know, pitiful! Okay, so maybe it’s the same for men as it is for women. But I can’t believe that love is just soooo hard to find. I can’t believe that finding a good guy is soooo obscure. Perhaps I have expectations that may too high…but shouldn’t they be if you’re willing to eventually give your heart to that person???

Just wondering...

Why did you marry someone you didn't love?

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 05:17 PM

:banana: best workout in the world is sex. i have no time for Nordic Track,StairMaster or Nautilus. be seeing you

Exercising one arm isn't much of a workout
be sawing you
lol

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 04:38 PM

control panel- network connections- on the LAN icon right click and select properties- click on tcp/ip in the list and then click on properties button below both of the radio buttons should be on automatic.

Obtain IP address automatically
and both checked / selected
Obtain DNS server address automatically

Same results. She plays Pogo games. Tried to see if she could login to that and it froze. Tried to close and it stalled. Checked task manager and two items running, both labeled dumprep with her name next to it. Why would there be two?

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 12:21 PM
Edited by YouAndImake1 on Thu 05/14/09 12:24 PM

got to control panel - interent options- connections tab-the whit box there should be empty, if it not delete anything in there. Now click on the LAN setting button and there should be three check boxes, none of them should have checks in them. Remove them if they do. Click okay twice and refresh your browser.

OK, delete MSN, delete My ISP
Went to LAN settings, all boxes unchecked
Refreshed page and the same results when trying to sign her in

Also went to i options, advanced, under security checked
SSL 2.0
SSL 3.0
TLS 1.0

Closed and opened new browser

Anything else?