Community > Posts By > Aquila_

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 04:23 PM
Edited by Aquila_ on Wed 01/14/09 04:25 PM

wasnt insulting.... girl picture and says its a guy on the profile how is that insulting? and robin is a unisex namesuch as terry, chris,lynn etc

His profile says male twice. If I don't know someone's gender I look at their profile instead of asking them because it's an insulting question. What if someone asked you that question?

True, the way he is posing makes it seem he could be female because of his smooth face and blonde hair but still....

Apologies to Robin2007 for talking about you like you're not here. Sorry, I didn't mean to do that.

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 04:18 PM
Edited by Aquila_ on Wed 01/14/09 04:19 PM

flowerforyou How do you feel when a member of the opposite sex checks you out?flowerforyou

I'm not bothered as long as they don't keep me past the due date. If they do the over due fines are outrages.

MirrorMirror, I'm going to follow you around the forums and see where you go when no one is looking. I want to know if you're real or just a computer worm created by the mingle2 staff to keep the forums moving by asking every question known to mankind. huh :laughing:

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 04:14 PM

are you male or female?
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Laughing at and insulting people is not the best way to increase forum traffic now is it? Shame on you :laughing:

Yes, it's true, the op guy is a little grumpy but still...

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 04:10 PM

Hell all,my name is Robin and every so often I come in here to see if there is anybody interesting to talk to out there,but what I've noticed over the last little while is not many peoples choose to talk at all,even though they sit logged in because I have certainly messaged a few and not gotten any response.I Would honestly have to say that this site is as boring as the *Plentyoffish* site,no talkers

What do you want to talk about? I came from the site you mentioned and they do want to talk there but the moderators are far too strict. This place seems nicer and more relaxed although a heck of a lot slower.

I think you just need to build up a circle of friends here if you want to talk a lot. It seems they don't talk much to new people but I see you have been here awhile so I am wondering why you don't already have friends here? Maybe you have to invest more time if you want to get good conversation.

btw, You wouldn't happen to be a nice guy, would you?

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 03:59 PM

I'm disappointed in a lot of things. .............................

When you're there look up into the Mars sky and say, "Abracadabra"

That won't be too hard to remember will it? bigsmile

I'm not the going to Mars type at least until they invent a way to do it as easily as getting on an airplane and flying to Warsaw.
I'll be just as happy to see an astronaut step foot there in my lifetime.
Who knows what wonders we may discover on Mars once we arrive?

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 03:54 PM

waving My first op on mingle. I was trying to think of something great but instead I'm going for a simple chat topic. I figured it's best not to pick a controversial subject as my first op.

If nice guys finish last then the bad boys must finish first. Where do the nice ladies and bad girls finish?

:smile: They get used and abused by the not-so-nice guys:smile:

Mirrormirror, do you live inside the mingle2 forums? I see you everywhere .
Do you work for the mingle2 administration or are you some kind of computer bug that crawls the mingle2 circuits?:laughing: flowerforyou

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 03:49 PM

Is this a trick question? Can we get a multiple choice?

Are you saying you forgot to study again Waterloosunset? bad dog. :smile:
If you're nice I'll let you do a make up test after school.

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 10:41 AM
Edited by Aquila_ on Wed 01/14/09 10:44 AM

We have not been attacked in this country again since 9/11.
I thank Mr. President Bush for that and I hope President Obama can keep the country as safe.

Bush was president for almost a year when 9/11 happened. You must be blocking that out of your mind to be thanking him for anything.

The planning happened while President Clinton was in office, this has been confirmed by the government.
I think Bush for many things and I'm sure the people of Iraq, especially the Kurds, do too.

President Clinton had opportunities to stop OBL but refused to take the action needed. If President Bush had the same opportunities to stop OBL as President Clinton had, Pres Bush certainly would have done so.

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 10:39 AM
Would we still have it stuffed?

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 09:58 AM
I don't eat much bacon but when I do I check and go for the meatiest one. I dislike cooking the bacon and finding out I picked a package with all fat.
I thought everyone does that?

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 09:55 AM
We have not been attacked in this country again since 9/11.
I thank Mr. President Bush for that and I hope President Obama can keep the country as safe.

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 09:48 AM

I'm disappointed they're scrapping the shuttle too soon and relying on other countries while they finish the next one, I don't think that's a good call at all.

They are not scrapping the shuttle too soon. It's too old and needs to go. We only have 2 of 4 left and we can't risk any more terrible disasters like Columbia and Challenger. The problem is they didn't get the new one up and running fast enough.

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 09:28 AM
Abracadabra, I am sure the Trip has a lot of science that needs to be solved first and the steps you mentioned, moon base, better transport, are all necessary.
It just seems we are not making any progress in that direction.

NASA needs clear cut goals and something to focus on. They mostly seem to flounder around right now because of lack of funding and their own mistakes. There's even going to be a huge gap between the old shuttle and the new shuttles so we have to have the Russians provide us with transport to the base. How bad is that?

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 02:45 AM

Thanks for the welcome but could do with people from Scotland lol x

waving

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 02:28 AM
When the weather is nice I love a late picnic outside in an open field or park followed by laying on our backs stargazing and talking, preferably about the stars and what not.

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 02:10 AM

Its like the saying goes-

Good girls go to Heaven. Bad girls go everywhere.

waving moofooga

The only place I want to go is sleep but for some reason sleep eludes me tonight. The forums seem to have no problem sleeping. I even went back to my old stand-by forum and it was slow.
Maybe everyone is bundled up from the cold with that special someone. All I have is an oversized stuffed animal.

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 12:18 AM
Edited by Aquila_ on Wed 01/14/09 12:19 AM
I think going to a website and introducing yourself by telling people they can read about you on a competing website might be considered bad form. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

If a lady asked you about yourself would you tell her to call up your ex girlfriend for information?
waving

Welcome to MINGLE2

Aquila_'s photo
Wed 01/14/09 12:05 AM
Edited by Aquila_ on Wed 01/14/09 12:07 AM

It's time to take everything orbital away from NASA and turn it all over to private industry

Leave NASA for exploration

Private industry would work for giving people orbital rides around the planet and there are already companies gearing up for this.
For a mission as big as a Mars landing you would need the government's involvement.

If Obama where really intelligent he would inspire the country with a plan to go to Mars soon. The way Kennedy did with the moon in the 60's.
The amount of money needed isn't all that much when you consider how the government waste it's money now days. We spent all that money bailing out the banks and now the government doesn't even know where it went. offtopic ............ I know little yellow man, sorry.

Aquila_'s photo
Tue 01/13/09 11:56 PM

I'm not disappointed in it too much, i just think space travel has hit a point where nobody is interested in it too much. =(

I think many people would be interested if NASA where doing more than sending out unmanned robots. Only people like me are interested in the unmanned missions. Many more when get behind a manned mission to Mars if they saw it actually happening.

I bet a lot of people would get really excited to be alive and to witness the first footsteps from man on another planet. Especially a planet so wound up in science fiction folk lore such as Mars.
The moon landing was an exciting moment for the people who witnessed it, or so I read and heard. A Mars landing would really inspire people.

Aquila_'s photo
Tue 01/13/09 11:36 PM
When I was a child and I read about the moon landing I assumed people would soon get to travel in space, not just astronauts, but common everyday people. Years ago there was talk about going to mars but with the economy and an excessively liberal new president you can be sure NASA is dead in the water.

I do get excited about the unmanned missions and I follow them with great interest. I just wish for more.
If the 60's space race hadn't ended I wonder how far mankind would have gone into space.

China said they are going to send a man to the moon. Let's hope so for nothing will get NASA more funding faster than a Chinese flag on the moon and the threat of another country going to Mars first.

There's a question in here somewhere. .....The title, there it is :laughing: Anyone else disappointed in our space program?

Bonus question. What earth bound problems might we have solved if we had continued the space race? NASA has been responsible for some of the technology we have today.

Previous 1 3 4 5