mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 02:04 PM

You'd kill a homeless man with Bacon ? :laughing:

Mom333, say it's not so !

Look here. Don't mess with bacon...or coffee. Just saying
laugh

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 02:00 PM

Got a quote for that 'Eye Popping' thing... ?
exodus 27 but I found that on the net I will get my friends bible and quote it properly tomorrow.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 01:47 PM

No Bible I've ever read.

So why, once more, do You want another Non-God Bible again ?
you might want to read a little closer.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 01:46 PM

Ok mom333 waving pick me pick me :banana: :banana: I have the answer waving good news (however you look at it) THERE ARE OUT THERE frustrated If anyone listened...all you have to do is google! :banana: I found even atheist bible out there waving woo hoo...look at me :banana:
laugh im gonna Google and have a read ta for that. flowerforyou

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 01:38 PM
Edited by mom333 on Tue 07/07/15 01:41 PM

How much does One want to put into practice, from the Bible for example, while still advocating Atheism ?

So, where are these throngs-of-people ?
it's not promoting atheism it's just living your life. Plus I haven't started anything I was asking if anyone did. Plus I would not sacrafice my son, marry a child, keep a slave and beat them but not till there eye pops out, (all of which are in the bible) I would though donate shoes, give a homeless man a bacon butty and buy his dog a couple of tins of dog food shave my head for a breast cancer charity and twerk at a charity car wash ( that I didn't raise a lot for but my behind was having a bad day) these things are not much but they were done with no thought of a heaven or hell.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 01:17 PM

i just don't think a gods ego needs to be stroked as much as the bible thumpers think it does...

Or... Any Atheists resolve to fabricate a religious format that venerates nothing.

(Of Which I'm Not Understanding Either) spock

nothing? so everything the bible says is nothing? all it is is promoting what the bible says, but without a god to scare you to do it... doing something because you want to means more than doing something because your scared of going to hell...
I couldn't have said it better myself

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 01:04 PM

i just don't think a gods ego needs to be stroked as much as the bible thumpers think it does...

Or... Any Atheists resolve to fabricate a religious format that venerates nothing.

(Of Which I'm Not Understanding Either) spock
does it not say in the bible god is love. And what is love but putting someone else's needs before your own. Love is good so doing good is love and with or without the God stuff it's still goodness and love.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 12:50 PM

I'm not arguing that.

Most of society wants to good things in a general way, but why would You want to build a religious format around venerating nothing ?
cus it's not nothing it's actually everything.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 12:40 PM
I guess that's why men and women are different

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 12:36 PM

Firstly, I'd be in the wrong in the car accident.

Secondly, I'd be surprised I'd survived a plane-crash.

Thirdly, I'd avoid that Cat in the future.

Fourthly, I'd avoid that Date in the future.

what I'm missing something here...

MightMoe, Your a Risk-Taker help me out !

you do things for yourself all the time what's wrong with helping someone else.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 12:29 PM

Hhhaaaa... Women don't care what the real subject is or is not. We are just doing what men do..( well most of us), on most threads ,sexualizing it.
Funny how some women think, ONLY men can do it..& then it is funny.
* Fake giggle :wink: *

If the OP wanted a serious question or thread, he would of made one.

Women say they have sexual thoughts too. They have no idea. It's the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it. If they knew what we were really thinking, they'd never stop slapping us.

~~~Larry Miller
women are just as nasty as men we just don't want to break our nails. laugh

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 12:22 PM

Okay, what if these people whom You wish to help actually get violent toward You ?

(It's Not Impossible, However Uncommon)
What if you got in a car and it skidded, what if one day you crossed the road and a car hit you, what if you got on a plane and it crashed, and then what if you helped a stray cat and it tried to scratch you, or what if you went on a date and they were super nutty. You would still do all those things because you wanted to because you have something to gain even though there are some pretty big risks involved.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 12:06 PM

What I should have said is it would be pointless to join if you didn't want to be doing things that help other people rather than yourself.

Is it practical to assume that someone should exert themselves so much at helping others without ever expecting the smallest amount of gratitude ?

How long can One do this for ?

************************************************************************************************************************************

I think MightyMoe wans to join Your cause !

He's an exemplary Atheist even if he isn't a principled one. winking
doing things for other people doesn't mean you should abandon yourself at the end if the day we are all busy people. But you should every day try and help someone out not a dedicated day but every day without expecting anything in return. And in mightys defence he is honest.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 11:50 AM

written a religious book not based on a god but on real life, and taken the best of the religious groups out there eg Jewish(Friday night dinners, Islam(modesty), Buddhism (not relying on luxuries)Christianity(thou shall not kill) etc and started their own religion based on all the good things out there?

My dear mom, no matter what "religion" you find. It's not about finding the "golden ticket to life" or "figuring it out". It's about obeying God, his will and commandments. It's not about "YOU" or what you can specifically gain. It's about obeying God and accepting the rewards that may be there along the ride.

the religion Im speaking about would have no god just like atheism, that is a religion and the people there are happy in the knowledge that they are choosing to be "good" without the need to have it told to them on a weekly basis. I myself do not think so highly of myself and I do not think myself on some high level where I am going to be an angel and live in a heaven because I managed to follow some rules badly and assume that gay people and non Christians are not going there too. I know however I am special to a few people on the earth...my children and that is all I need to know that im already living in my heaven even if its hard sometimes. when it finishes it finishes I will be happy that I did my best at times.

It's not needed to be told to us once a week, that's not specifically what church is for on the Sabbath. It's bout taking that bit of time out of your schedule and spend it directly on God in celebration or learning. It's about God 100% on the Sabbath, not what one can gain or benefit from it.
I don't love my children or accept people the way they are regardless of how they look or what they believe or give homeless people bacon butties to gain something back, there is nothing I can achieve from doing these things. I don't feel pleased with myself because I did something good because I just did it. and I don't think im going somewhere special after I croak because I acknowledge I am part of the animal kingdom. if I were going to believe that I was going to a heaven then I would think animals were going there too, like dogs, cats, moose, crocodiles etc as it happens I do not believe we just simply cease to exist because we will be part of the earth and so join in the circle of life, which is a proven fact and everybody gets to join.

???? Nobody does anything to gain anything back. The original actions would be done in vein if they expected a reward. We do what we do, for the simple fact our God has told us.
your doing it because your goal is getting into heaven.

Wrong, we are doing it so that you may gain in the reward of Heaven. Anything and everything for the salvation of those who believe has already been made by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Outside of that the ONLY thing anyone of can even possibly do, is direct someone to God. All the glory of anything great accomplished is in the great name if Jesus Christ!!!
but in the bible it says only they who follow him get to go. others burn in hell for their sins. so I put it to you that your either wrong or not being truthful about why you worship this god.

tou-che...lol, religious folks can't accept living by the good morals that are in the bible without actually believing in a god...
exactly. Ask them not to believe in a god but just do good things just for the sake if doing good things and they can't without instruction. We have never agreed on anything it's strange lol

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 11:41 AM

- it would be pointless to join if you didn't want to be part of it.

What I should have said is it would be pointless to join if you didn't want to be doing things that help other people rather than yourself.

Thank You... You've just answered Your own question and mine. smile2

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 11:29 AM
Edited by mom333 on Tue 07/07/15 11:30 AM

Great, is it the assumption that these other people also have the same moral conviction of the said 'Principled Atheist?' smile2
I'm proper flawed and that is because I'm only human. Unless your a baby your not perfect. But I try to do a little better than yesterday everyday. And people of said religion hopefully would too as there is really nothing to gain from it no money etcso it wwould be pointless to join if you didn't want to be part of it.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 11:08 AM

No, no, no... !

'YOU' may have the best of intentions, but what if the rest of One's family isn't ?
not everybody will think the same way. But respect should be given. If they are doing things that are trully bad then you or I would try to surround oneself with people who don't go about hurting people.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 10:50 AM

What if the rest of One's family isn't on-board with this agenda ?
you shouldn't do what you don't want to do. That only breeds resentment. Do it with good intention or not at all.

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 10:44 AM

I don't know about all of you but I thought this was about sandwiches :tongue:

yeah, am sure you love sandwiches so much
slap a piece if bacon on anything and ill love it so much laugh

mom333's photo
Tue 07/07/15 10:42 AM

Has anybody ever written a religious book not based on a god but on real life, and taken the best of the religious groups out there eg Jewish(Friday night dinners, Islam(modesty), Buddhism (not relying on luxuries)Christianity(thou shall not kill) etc and started their own religion based on all the good things out there?

Essentially, You're asking if anybody has ever bothered to make a format of rituals without necessarily having any source of restitution for their integrity.

Which in turn beckons the question... "As a means to what end ?"

It's kind of hopeless... Isn't it ?

not really because there really shouldn't be a particular reward for being a person who tries to be a good person. If there were any reward it would be the reward of having an extended family so to speak who really cared about each other and not just because they think there getting something out if it.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25