Community > Posts By > nogames39

nogames39's photo
Wed 05/27/09 08:33 AM
Sorry, so if you marry a dog..?? Then what?? How is it supposed to be a problem for me? I am not the one to split my networth 50/50 between myself and a dog. If you marry a dog, it may be your future, not mine.

I say go ahead, marry a crocodile. Or even better, take a crocodile and make him your pope.

I'll support your freedom to do so, because that is what America is all about.

nogames39's photo
Wed 05/27/09 08:25 AM

We're famous for taking away rights and freedoms.happy

That's the sad part. We used to be famous for protecting rights and freedoms.

nogames39's photo
Wed 05/27/09 08:22 AM

laugh No, the Hamas created by the Muslim Brotherhood. laugh

Hamas (حماس Ḥamās, an acronym of حركة المقاومة الاسلامية Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamat al-Islāmiyyah, meaning "Islamic Resistance Movement") is a Palestinian Islamic socio-political organization which includes a paramilitary force, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades.[2][3] Hamas is considered wholly, or in part, a terrorist organization by certain countries and supranational organizations. Since June 2007, Hamas has governed the Gaza portion of the Palestinian Territories.

Hamas was created in 1987 by Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, Abdel Aziz al-Rantissi and Mohammad Taha of the Palestinian wing of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood at the beginning of the First Intifada, an uprising against Israeli rule in the Palestinian Territories. Hamas launched numerous suicide bombings against Israel,[5] the first of them in April, 1993.[6]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas - 379k

For a moment I was amazed with your Arabic. But then, I recognized Wikipedia. If wikipedia says so, it must be, right?

nogames39's photo
Wed 05/27/09 08:13 AM
Most who know me on this forum, would say that I am very harsh, and the kind they usually associate with Republicans.

However, I am not a republican, and on this particular issue, I think that an incredible injustice is being committed as long as gay do not have the same rights.

I agree with Lynnan, no one has to marry his own sex. I am not gay, but I do not see gay couples as a problem for me. I simply don't care, why should I?

But I do care that they are afforded the same rights, because by insuring their right, I insure mine against despotic government.

That being said, I think it is pretty stupid to ask permission from a government. To ask your government for a permission to marry is no smarter than to ask your maid for a permission to take the car out for a date.

Just do it anyway, it is your right, and let them work to ban it.

nogames39's photo
Tue 05/26/09 11:47 AM
That sound like reading from Bush teleprompter, man.

What business we have in determination of Afghanistan should be ruled by an elected or unelected official? Who died and made us an all-knowing decider?

The truth is by announcing a war against terror, we wished to announce that we will attack anyone who doesn't define terror as we do. A war against the whole world, to bend them all to our thinking.

Beyond winnable or not, it is just unamerican to interfere in affairs of others in this way. This is what tyrants do, like Taliban, according to Bush.

As to Taliban not turning over Osama... why should they? Imagine someone blows up Afghani building, and they say it was Fanta, according to their "intelligence". Should US government now turn him over or be destroyed? Wtf?

nogames39's photo
Tue 05/26/09 11:39 AM

I guess the Justice Department is pissed that US corporations are bribing foreign officials instead of US officials, They determined that all bribary should start at home. It's the patriotic duty of these corporations. If they keep going foreign, we will have to have a corrupt US official bailout.

You're speaking my mind, sir.

nogames39's photo
Tue 05/26/09 11:37 AM

The US didn't need the nukes to win WWII, we had already won by the time we dropped them. Japan hadn't surrendered yet, but they were down to their last leg, last eye and last arm and could not have continued much longer. We dropped the bombs to establish US superiority in world.
I had read recently that Iran had tested rockets that they say could reach the US. Iran also has the support of a Russia that is backsliding into communism and an already communist China. Iran is a situation that needs to be closely monitored, but a stupid knee jerk reaction of preemptive attacks would be a bad move at this time. The possibility of a nuclear threat from AL Qaeda in Pakistan is more troublesome.

Yep. This is where we stepped away from what America is. We did that to announce to all that there is no more fair America, and that we now wish to be the biggest bully. That instead business with all and alliance with no one, we are now intend to ally with (of all people) Britons in pushing everybody around, interfering with everybody's affair.

I think we need to stop and return to our roots. Screw the world, it is their own business, ain't ours.

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 09:18 PM
That's a pretty reasonable answer.

You hear this, man? (to OP).

"
You can walk softly where ever you want, when you have the very big stick.
It commands respect or fear.
Signifies that you are a major player in world politics. At least that's one of the perceptions.
A huge bargaining chip to negotiate with.
"

It doesn't sound like a promise of attack. It sounds like an assurance of not being attacked. Isn't that an absolute dream of free people, to live and not ever being attacked, being left alone, doing your own thing?

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 09:10 PM

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 09:01 PM
It was an art, and wasn't any business of school.

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 08:59 PM

USA was at war with Japan and all the Axis countries

not at first, just germany and the axis countries, japan wasn't until after pearl harbor, still american soil, even if not the mainland

Well, we're not at war with either Afghanistan, Iraq or Pakistan. There was no declaration of war.

What we have now is an activity of certain high power figures, using nation's armed forces in their private agendas.

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 08:57 PM

Two wrongs dont make a right!
Bush policies have created more terrorists than they have stopped!

Unless, Fanta, UNLESS, you believe in the story that Bush has sold to Americans, about Talibal "Hating" freedom so much, they actually could not sit in the cave any longer, came out and started their long work on 911 project.

If you do, then terrorists are created as a byproduct of freedom, in underground cavities.

This was the cheesiest bogeyman excuse ever invented, and it was a Bushism written all over it, and yet, most do believe it.

Oops, sorry. Actually by the latest polls, only a minority believes that the magical 911 story did happen as Bush said it did.

But yeah, I doubt that even a most devoted evil follower, sits somewhere in the desert with a sole idea of killing someone who does not bother him at all.

May-be it was the WTO, that was an evil character in that story?

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 08:44 PM
Farcry (The Original, of course, not the "2" travesty).

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 08:43 PM
"Soldier of Fortune" on ZX Spectrum. 1980. Very addictive.

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 08:15 PM

Why does Iran want Nukes?

Really?

How tough is it to see that if a country as powerful and able in war as United States, can not see itself existing without a nuclear weapon, than any small country, particularly neighboring those constantly invaded, or that is directly receiving threats to be invaded itself, definitely needs them?

If was a small possibility that a small country could afford a peaceful attitude, then a big country definitely could.

With this in mind, why don't you tell us why any empire-sized country need a nuclear weapon?

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 12:23 PM

Hahahaha!

You guys are funny. I have studied US history extentively, so don't gimme that nonsense! Of course the very first grave at Arlington belongs to a confederate....

Arlington was property of the Confederate President and was ceased by US government once the war ended. And no, face facts, the south was fighting for their constutional rights, correct, but their constitutional rights to KEEP SLAVES.

Good day to you both, defenders of the confederacy.

Raise your confederate flags in your backyards and hang from your garage doors with pride.

LOL

The African American population still living in the south, I wonder what the confederate flag symbolizes to them....!

Many blacks living in the South honor the Confederate flag!
They understand the war was not fought merely for slavery!
Even Lincoln did not fight the war to free slaves. That was an after-thought and a weapon used by him to defeat the South!
Look at the dates of the Emancipation Proclamation if you doubt me!

I agree with Fanta on that!

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 12:22 PM
Wiki: (even wikipedia knows about it? no way...)

Seigniorage can be seen as a form of tax levied on the holders of a currency and as such a redistribution of real resources to the issuer. The expansion of the money supply causes inflation in the long run. This means that the real wealth of people who hold cash or deposits decreases and the wealth of the issuer of the money increases. This is a redistribution of wealth from the people to the issuers of newly-created money (the central bank) very similar to a tax.

This is one reason offered in support of the free banking, a gold standard, or at a minimum the reduction of political control over central banks. The latter could then take as their primary objective ensuring a stable value of currency by controlling monetary expansion and thus limiting inflation. Independence from government is required to reach this aim - indeed, it is well known in economic literature that governments face a conflict of interest in this regard. In fact, "hard money" advocates argue that central banks have utterly failed to obtain the objective of a stable currency. Under the gold standard, for example, the price level in both England and the US remained relatively stable over literally hundreds of years, though with some protracted periods of deflation[citation needed]. Since the US Federal Reserve was formed in 1913, however, the US dollar has fallen to barely a twentieth of its former value through the consistently inflationary policies of the bank. Economists counter that deflation is hard to control once it sets in and its effects are much more damaging than modest, consistent inflation.

Ultimately, banks or governments relying heavily on seigniorage and fractional reserve sources of revenue will find it counterproductive. Rational expectations of inflation take into account a bank's seigniorage strategy, leading to economy-damaging hyperinflation. Instead of accruing seigniorage from fiat money and credit most governments opt to raise revenue primarily through taxation and other means.

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 12:18 PM
I don't know about that site...

Is it the people that are so dumb, that no one uses the word "Seigniorage", describing the process by which they are all currently being impoverished,

Or is it the ranking system that is way too dumb, because it says that the word "Seigniorage" currently is not being used?

Beats me, but may this be actually telling about Britons? Could we really TRUST the site that the word isn't used, or may the search engine exclude some words, banned to be known?

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 12:08 PM

Who ultimately is responsible? Big business and people behind the scenes.

Yes, but don't forget that while we already have a system that allows us to remain free and unharmed, we always stir it (vote) in the direction that will definitely harm us.

It is the stupidity of the masses, that allows big business or any other "power" entity to actually have any power. We vote to give it to them, because we are too stupid to realize that the proposed "solution" is a catch.

Even FDR, couldn't confiscate gold, if people simply rejected his actions loudly and publicly. But they did not. They were believing that he knows best.

But, anyone who doesn't trust his own judgment, deserves to be judged, right? Thus we always end up being duped and used, even though we have the keys to our freedom in our hands at all times.

"The way to a rich man's pocket lies through an ambush" - an old proverb says. But then it continues: - "And a way to a dumb man's pocket lies through a beautiful lie".

nogames39's photo
Mon 05/25/09 11:57 AM
Damned, I know what is my problem now... I read too much, and all the politically incorrect stuff!

Too bad Obama wasn't a savior when I was a child, roaming around, and free to read anything I wanted.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25