Anonimoose's photo
Mon 10/26/09 01:29 AM
Hello, and welcome to all the newbies! :wink: happy

Anonimoose's photo
Mon 10/26/09 01:28 AM
Welcome! flowerforyou

Anonimoose's photo
Sat 10/24/09 05:20 PM
Last week was good and bad for me ... my picks went 10-4, but three of the four losses were VERY "high-point" games! [And that Eagles game at Oakland ... ill ]

Ah, well ... it's a brand new week of games, so here goes:

SF @ HOU - 6

MIN @ PIT - 3

IND @ STL - 13

NE "@" TB - 12 [Game to be played in London]

SD @ KC - 1

GB @ CLE - 11

BUF @ CAR - 9

NYJ @ OAK - 8

ATL @ DAL - 7

NO @ MIA - 10

CHI @ CIN - 2

AZ @ NYG - 5

PHI @ WAS - 4

Anonimoose's photo
Sat 10/24/09 12:22 AM
DemocracyCorps, a polling agency founded by James Carville - yes, THAT James Carville - and Stanley Greenberg, issued a report earlier this week that stated, among many things, that the Republican opposition to Obama is not based on racism. Here is the relevant portion of the report, taken from their website:

Instead of focusing on these intense ideological divisions, the press and elites continue to look for a racial element that drives these voters’ beliefs – but they need to get over it. Conducted on the heels of Joe Wilson’s incendiary comments at the president’s joint session address, we gave these groups of older, white Republican base voters in Georgia full opportunity to bring race into their discussion – but it did not ever become a central element, and indeed, was almost beside the point.

Now, I don't generally trust James Carville (or any pollster or political strategist, for that matter) as far as I could throw him, and I think some of the other conclusions he draws are a bit overstated. However, it was a surprise to find this on his site, and I thought it was worth sharing. There are some people on this site who have their minds made up that race is the primary motivator behind ANY criticism of Obama. It's a real shame for them that it just isn't true.

Anonimoose's photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:28 PM

I don't think the majority of people on here even know what prosperity is...

Unfortunately we'd need to understand economics 101...

+infinity.

I really wish that economics would be a bit more prominent in all education but sadly, people are left in the dark.

That is not the least bit by accident, either.

Anonimoose's photo
Fri 10/23/09 12:37 PM

But white men in power can be far more dangerous than just an average person.

Wow that is no way a racial statement.

Nope because I am white and can talk about white folks, I know them intimately.

You know ALL "white folks" intimately? huh noway

Wow ... and I don't even remember that ...

You have a dirty mind.

I know quite a few of them. That counts.

No, it doesn't count, because each of us is an INDIVIDUAL. We each have our own brain, our own talents, our own experiences, etc. The fact that you would lump a whole lot of people together based on a factor about which they can do nothing (e.g., the color of their skin) is not only absurd, it is downright disgusting.

Did I say all?

Did I include all white folks?

So don't try to put your issues on me.

There are dangerous white men in this world. Cannot be disputed.

We are the nation that has the history of powerful white men running the country so we have the history to prove what they can be capable of.

Nice try though but not valid.

By making your blanket statement, you were implicitly saying that anyone who shares the traits of being a white and a man is dangerous simply because of those traits.

The world is full of history outside the United States, and that history proves that ANYONE, regardless of their race, creed, gender, etc., can be "dangerous". There are also countless examples of people being kind and good. Some of them, I assure you, are white males. However, I'm sure you would consider them anomalies, rather than ponder the possibility that perhaps it doesn't matter what race or gender they are, because they are individuals.

Anonimoose's photo
Fri 10/23/09 12:17 PM

You have a dirty mind.

I know quite a few of them. That counts.

No, it doesn't count, because each of us is an INDIVIDUAL. We each have our own brain, our own talents, our own experiences, etc. The fact that you would lump a whole lot of people together based on a factor about which they can do nothing (e.g., the color of their skin) is not only absurd, it is downright disgusting.

Anonimoose's photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:51 AM
Edited by Anonimoose on Fri 10/23/09 11:51 AM

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 11:23 PM
Bummer ... I remember laughing hysterically at his antics when I was a kid. Thank you, Soupy, for using your talents the way you did. :thumbsup:

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 04:56 PM
Edited by Anonimoose on Thu 10/22/09 04:56 PM

TJN, there is absolutely no point arguing with Dragoness. She is one of the most whacked-out far leftists on this board, and there is nothing you can say to change her mind that everything those on the left do is good, and everything those on the right do is evil.

I am not a leftist nor a liberal.

Unaffilitated.

I don't know if that is the same as independent.

OK, I'll tell you what, Dragoness ... in order for it to be believed that you're "not a leftist", and that you may possibly be an independent, there should definitely be some (fairly major) issues about which your position is consistent with the right. One doesn't really cut it, but we'll start with that for the moment. Can you name one issue for us where your position would be considered conservative/libertarian/small-government?

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 04:45 PM

Now how many times will Favre get sacked by Harrison & Woodley.bigsmile bigsmile

Hopefully enough to break something. smokin

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 04:33 PM

First of all, you can't liberate the peoples of other cultures. You can't GIVE democracy to a nation. They have to want it for themselves. Why do you suppose they are stil fighting.

Name ten terroists we captured. I can't. He didn't even get the one he was looking for, and that guy takes diallasys. We were in no more danger on 9/12 than we were on 9/10. Nothing changed, not the world, not our country. The only thing that is different is that our nation is now bankrupt for spending trillions of dollars on nothing, and getting nothing for it. Not even allies.

We cannot keep forcing our will and belief system (and that includes our belief in equal rights) on other countries. It's ethnocentric and wrong on many levels.

When diplomacy fails, you've already lost the war. Now it's just a matter of a body count.

The people of the countries in which we're fighting DO want freedom, it's those in power there who don't want to see that happen. It is a basic yearning of the HUMAN (not merely American) spirit to be free.

Though I couldn't give you names off the top of my head, I guarantee you I could very likely do some research and find far more than ten terrorists that we've captured in the course of the entire war. Just because Osama himself hasn't been found (probably because he's been buried somewhere for quite some time) doesn't mean that everything has been for naught. The only way one could say that "nothing changed" as a result of Sept. 11th is if you make the case that we were in danger before and we're in danger now, but even then, there are many of us who were blind to the danger before and are not now, so at the very least that has changed.

I think what you fail to understand is that if you react in the fashion that we did to the attacks, the terrorists win.

We've repealed freedoms:

Try going somewhere in the western hemisphere without a passport anymore. You could use to go anywhere on this side of the globe with only your drivers liscence.

How long does it take to go through the airport? Even when you don't leave the country.

How's your parinoia? Think we'll be attack again? Why shouldn't we, Europe has been hundreds of times, do they react like that?

That's what we've lost. Our rights. Why? Because we were afraid? What happened to our presidents. 80 years ago it was "We have nothing to fear but fear itself." Now it's "Be afraid they're out to stop our way of life."

They don't want to stop our way of life, they want to live theirs without our meddling.

And to say that people yearn to be free is not true. People yearn to live without the shackles of oppression. Just because you feel free in a democracy does not mean others will or do. We had to fight for our own freedom. So did most countries that have it. The people had enough of totalitarian regimes and they got rid of them. We should support them when they decide to go for it, but we should not disrupt a soveriegn nations ability to govern itself just because we don't like how they do it. If that is so, why do we buy everything from communist China? Do they not have a repressive system as well?

Our government can't even maintain state policy in a consistant manner, why believe the hype instead of thinking rationally?

Some very excellent points made here. The only one with which I would disagree is that people don't yearn to be free. Notice, I did not say that "democracy" is the only way to be free. [Nor am I under the misguided assumption that many in this country are that we are some sort of democracy. We were intended to be a republic. Democracy is mob rule. Not a good thing, in my book.] To say that people long to "live without the shackles of oppression" is to say that they desire freedom. The people of an oppressed society, however, are not always able to throw off those shackles themselves. They very often need some help to do so.

Aside from that, everything in the post was spot-on. :thumbsup:

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 01:05 PM

I personally dont feel anyone can do as poorly as Bush did. I could be wrong or right when its over, but as of now, I dont think BUSH had nearly as much to 'fix' in his first nine months,,Clinton left a surpluse and we were in pretty good shape. Comparing the two presidents at this point is certainly comparing apples and oranges.

While I am definitely not a proponent of Bush, I think some of the criticism that is heaped on him by others is motivated by something other than the truth. [Not saying you fall into that category, msharmony, just making the point.] The figure that is generally used to show how Bush mucked things up is the 10-year projection from the CBO. The problem with that projection is, it assumes that everything remains unchanged. In case you've forgotten, there was a bit of an incident less than eight months into Bush's Presidency that changed things ... just a little.

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 12:46 PM

except for trippling our national debt his first year in office....yeah a GREAT job...because EVERYONE knows the way out of debt is to make your money worth less and spend more!

WOW!! Those are some good "talking points", did you get those from Fox or Rush bc they are the only right leans programs that have been saying that forever now. Obama has done everything that he has promised so far. Putting a deadline on getting our troops out of Iraq, helping our vets by signing a bill into law today, making everything transparent,he gave 95% a tax break and the list goes on. I just don't understand the hate...maybe we as a nation may not have been ready for the 1st black prsident...IDK?

Oh, this is going to be fun ...

First of all, the tripling of the budget deficit is not a "talking point", it's a reality. The budget deficit will at minimum be $1.4T this year, which is triple the deficit of the last Bush budget. If you don't know that, then you need to get your head out of the sand and start paying attention.

As far as the promises you mentioned ... the original talk of a 16-month troop withdrawal (which, if implemented during Obama's first month in office, would have had us out of there by summer of 2010) has more than doubled, leaving many troops there until the end of 2011. He also said that the one of the reasons we would do that is so that we could focus more on Afghanistan. Now he's giving signals that he's not even going to do that.

Making everything transparent? That would be hilarious, if it weren't for the fact that you seem to actually believe it has happened. There has been no transparency whatsoever, not that it's a surprise to many of us. Government isn't interested in their own transparency, no matter who's in charge. Just as an example, though, the big O specifically said that the people were going to have five days to read ALL bills BEFORE they would be voted on in Congress. Not only have the PEOPLE not had five days, the CONGRESS hasn't even had five days to read some of the bills that they've been commanded to vote on, even when the bills are over 1000 pages long!

What tax break did he give to 95% of Americans? Are you talking about the $7 and change per week (to singles), which itself was still subject to all taxes once it was back in your paycheck? Wow, what is anyone going to do with all that money? Besides, once he lets the previous REAL tax cuts expire, it will amount to a net increase in taxes, so that was all a smoke-and-mirrors claim anyway.

I tried to find something about the bill you mentioned. Please feel free to provide a link to a detailed article about the bill that helps veterans.

While I certainly cannot speak for anyone that I don't know, I can tell you that my opposition to anything that is going on with this administration is purely ideological. That is also true for the people I know personally who are opposed to the things happening over the last several months. You seem to want to bring race into it, but it rings hollow, because it just isn't true.

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 12:16 PM

First of all, you can't liberate the peoples of other cultures. You can't GIVE democracy to a nation. They have to want it for themselves. Why do you suppose they are stil fighting.

Name ten terroists we captured. I can't. He didn't even get the one he was looking for, and that guy takes diallasys. We were in no more danger on 9/12 than we were on 9/10. Nothing changed, not the world, not our country. The only thing that is different is that our nation is now bankrupt for spending trillions of dollars on nothing, and getting nothing for it. Not even allies.

We cannot keep forcing our will and belief system (and that includes our belief in equal rights) on other countries. It's ethnocentric and wrong on many levels.

When diplomacy fails, you've already lost the war. Now it's just a matter of a body count.

The people of the countries in which we're fighting DO want freedom, it's those in power there who don't want to see that happen. It is a basic yearning of the HUMAN (not merely American) spirit to be free.

Though I couldn't give you names off the top of my head, I guarantee you I could very likely do some research and find far more than ten terrorists that we've captured in the course of the entire war. Just because Osama himself hasn't been found (probably because he's been buried somewhere for quite some time) doesn't mean that everything has been for naught. The only way one could say that "nothing changed" as a result of Sept. 11th is if you make the case that we were in danger before and we're in danger now, but even then, there are many of us who were blind to the danger before and are not now, so at the very least that has changed.

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 11:55 AM
Edited by Anonimoose on Thu 10/22/09 11:55 AM

Actually there is no racism involved. Wanting the identity of the incumbants to be identified as what party they are associated with is just that an identity of the party.

Of course the Democratic party wants it's incumbants to be identified that way because there are voters who vote
Democrat across the board. I have family members who do this just to make life easier for themselves. If a D is by the name they vote that one. And we are mostly white folks.

So not only are you admitting that politics are involved in decisions coming out of the Justice Department, but you are asserting that "down the board" voters need to be protected from their own laziness and political ignorance..

Down-the-board voting is part of the problem, on either side.. People should elect candidates based on the issues and not strictly on what party they belong to..

I thought Obama was going to usher in a new era of "post-partisan politics".. I guess it's only post partisan if you goose step to the Demoncrat party drums..

Exactly. Straight-ticket voting is, as you pointed out, the lazy and ignorant person's way to exercise their suffrage.

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 11:42 AM

Fox news lies though. It claims to be "fair and balanced" which it obviously is not.

So false advertising should be a charge against them by the whitehouse or justice system or whoever.

Now if they advertised it as "unfair and unbalanced" there would be no problem..lol

Well seeing as no charges have been filed against them they must report the truth.

TJN, there is absolutely no point arguing with Dragoness. She is one of the most whacked-out far leftists on this board, and there is nothing you can say to change her mind that everything those on the left do is good, and everything those on the right do is evil.

Umm...she's an Independent.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 11:32 AM

Sorry about the double posts. My computer is acting up, and I got a little impatient...

You could've edited one of them to say the same thing :wink:

Anonimoose's photo
Thu 10/22/09 11:30 AM

Williamson was making coffee in the buff at 5.30am when a woman and her seven-year-old son walked past his kitchen window in Springfield.

The woman then called the police.

Fairfax County Police spokeswoman Mary Ann Jennings said the woman claimed Williamson then moved and exposed himself again through a large front window.

So not only was this woman peeping in somebody's window and calling the police on them in their own house, but then she stood there and continued to watch! This woman is nothing but a pervert who is teaching her child to be the same.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18