Community > Posts By > metalwing

metalwing's photo
Sat 12/26/15 04:06 PM
Maria,

My mother was born on Dec 22 and died on Dec 23, 1987. My father was born on New Years Day and died on Jan 2, 1989, mostly of heartbreak from losing my mother. The holiday season used to make me cry to myself but now I feel sadness mixed with the joy I share with family and friends. Some say the time softened the pain but that isn't always the case.

Kindheartlight, Lu-rosemary, Pacificstar, and others make the world we live in a better place. Their words show true kindness and grace.

Live! Grow!

metalwing's photo
Sat 12/26/15 03:49 PM
"Texan burger for the real Texan". That is actually the name of the item on the menu at Kelly's.

You get a 1/3 pound burger with all the fixins, a cup of Texas Red chili, about 1/2 cup of sliced jalapenos, about 1/2 cup of grilled onions, and about a cup of Fritos.

You put as much of the chili, onions, jalapenos, and sometimes Fritos on the burger (they are really good together!!!!!!!!!) and then you make a little Frito pie out of what's left.

Joy!

metalwing's photo
Sat 12/26/15 03:43 PM
Five years does not a cougar make.

Cougar town! Cougar town! (Sung to the tune of Funky Town)

metalwing's photo
Sat 12/26/15 05:50 AM
The ancient humans had twelve gods so they split the months up so people could remember their names. Fabiowary was a ***** and got beat up a lot by the other gods so they gave him fewer days in his month!

metalwing's photo
Sat 12/26/15 05:40 AM
He was a great astronomer and introduced millions to the Cosmos in his extremely well written TV show.

metalwing's photo
Fri 12/25/15 11:38 PM
You're never alone when you are on Mingle2!

metalwing's photo
Fri 12/25/15 11:36 PM
laugh

metalwing's photo
Fri 12/25/15 08:20 PM
I haven't watched one in ages. They are boring.

metalwing's photo
Fri 12/25/15 08:11 PM
Merry Christmas All!!

metalwing's photo
Fri 12/25/15 06:44 AM
But are they good to eat???? spock

metalwing's photo
Fri 12/25/15 06:41 AM

Science has invented instrumentation beyond most people's comprehension.

Science has invented mathematics beyond most people's comprehension.

In this case, it is less of a math problem as it is an instrumentation issue. X-rays, gamma rays, heat, etc, are all just forms of light at a certain frequency. Most light is given off by the jump of an electron from one energy level to another but, in some cases, light is given off by matter that just has to shed energy. In this case, iron ions are gaining energy by bumping into the spinning mass of the accretion disc. If we know the exact frequency of the the gamma rays given off by iron under these circumstances, we can watch it move around the disc, assuming we have telescopes that good. The instrumentation of the telescopes, being able to measure the exact frequency of the iron ions, and knowing where they are at any given time is what allows us to see the "frame dragging".

Amazing stuff!

metalwing's photo
Thu 12/24/15 09:51 PM
It makes me miss the days of hot pants on Southwest Airlines.ohwell

metalwing's photo
Thu 12/24/15 09:48 PM
Only if you have looked at their teeth!

metalwing's photo
Wed 12/23/15 10:51 PM
My whole life I have had people come up to me and say I look EXACTLY like someone they know.

Must be the law of averages.

metalwing's photo
Wed 12/23/15 10:41 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope the year's holiday brings joy and love in every possible way.

metalwing's photo
Wed 12/23/15 10:37 PM
Cool!

metalwing's photo
Mon 12/21/15 12:16 PM
Turkey is boring after Thanksgiving. Christmas and New Years is about ...

BEEF

Pork

Goat

And Goodies!!!!

metalwing's photo
Sun 12/20/15 04:12 PM
laugh

metalwing's photo
Sun 12/20/15 04:01 PM
Lucy Lawless is HOT!

metalwing's photo
Sun 12/20/15 12:48 PM
And then Afghanistan gave the mineral contracts to China!