Community > Posts By > PBug

PBug's photo
Tue 12/02/08 06:29 AM
Being romantic is a skill that can be learned. Just tell him what you need. Your not a psychic so don't expect it from him either.

PBug's photo
Tue 12/02/08 05:36 AM

ok help me understand this please.....they make these games promoting activities like tennis ,golf , etc.....
why arent the parents doing like our parents did ....and actually making them get outside and do it for real!!!

~~~I seen a young kid play Van Halen's eruption
on guitar hero, he never missed a beat it was great!!!!~~~~
but I couldnt help but think if he's that good with a damn game.....imagine what he could have done if his parents would have taken him to a music store instead of walmart!!!!

Well, I can't speak for other parents of course. I try to get my son outdoors as much as possible but all those activities cost mucho dinero, that I don't have. And, not to mention, it's a dangerous place out there, much more so than when I was a kid. And, I'm a working mom so I can't shuttle him all over the place to participate in those activities. And, all of his friends are in the same predicament and they all play video, computer games, etc. So, he has no one to play with when he does go outside. But, many of them are stuck in their houses playing online games so he can "play" that way.

I try to limit his time on the games and computers. He pays for his own games as well, I don't buy them except for maybe at Christmas and his birthday and even then, I do my best not to.
going to the park......Free.
ball, frisbee,something to do......10-20 bucks.
spending quality time with your kids.....priceless!!!

I think we as parents need to make it happen....

It should never be viewed as a substitute, but as an activity to itself. Playing guitar hero doesn't mean that the player could use his time better learning guitarplaying. It's a form of entertainment and tought provocation, as are any forms of arts and games.

PBug's photo
Tue 12/02/08 01:49 AM

Whats the "pelican" ? Oh no. Now you guys have sparked my interest. happy Or was it just an analogy being used?

Is the Pelican anything like the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster???

The Pelican and The Flying Spaghetti Monster are gods of the amerikans!
+++End of 80's CCCP soldier rant

PBug's photo
Tue 12/02/08 12:25 AM
Edited by PBug on Tue 12/02/08 12:31 AM
Some guys will immedietly put you into friend category if you aren't having sex during the first two minutes.

Some women do it too.

Edit.
Some men are astronauts, so they might have certain problems hooking up.
Some women are also astronauts, same thing.

PBug's photo
Tue 12/02/08 12:17 AM
I really wish the weather would actually be that sunny that I could use suntanlotion...

Not even during summer we have that kind of weather... Blast you all, I'm going sledding.

PBug's photo
Mon 12/01/08 11:56 AM

79 is not that big of age difference for you!!!spock

Dude, you're 37, i.e., pushin' 40, not exactly a pup.

Older women got it goin' on. It's unfortunate you probably just pretty much blew your chance to experience any one of us on here.
I dont care to....but thanks. its just my opinion...but im not chasin anyone after 50. if you are looking why not.get to know them....kinda closed minded.

How is it closed minded not to want to date someone 25-30 years older? That's a big age difference.

That's not close minded to me.noway

I'm 49 and I will NOT date somebody 19 or 79!!!!

I'm 30 and wouldn't date someone who is 19 either :tongue:.

I'm 19 and would not date som... No, wait, actually I would.

PBug's photo
Sun 11/30/08 01:07 PM
Edited by PBug on Sun 11/30/08 01:13 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~f~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~fff~~/iiiiiiiiiiiii\~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~fffiiiiiiiiiiiiishh~~~~~~
~~~fff~~\iiiiiiiiiiiii/~~~~~~~~~~
~~f~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PBug's photo
Sun 11/30/08 02:24 AM

I've been playing "Fallout 3" for much of the evening.

Three words- Best Game Ever.

What is Fallout 3?

Post-apocalyptic action game. And seriously, not the best game ever.

PBug's photo
Sat 11/29/08 01:51 PM
Play with her on the computer.
Teach her what should and should not be said to the strangers on the internet.

Besides, banning her from the computer indefinetly is the same as grounding her without release date. She will go out, some way or another. It's the parents job to teach their child how to protect themselves when their parents aren't there for them.

PBug's photo
Sat 11/29/08 01:25 PM
Edited by PBug on Sat 11/29/08 01:27 PM
My big brother has a kid and I've heard him say to the kid, that internet is the same as city central.

He doesn't go there alone.

Edit. And I absolutely agree. If you don't know where your kid is, then there is something wrong.

PBug's photo
Wed 11/26/08 11:42 AM
Stupidity.

PBug's photo
Tue 11/25/08 11:16 AM
Interesting, new...

For me (and this is for every conversation with someone I do not know and have no reason to talk to) it's usually something which help me get everybody else off-guard, like "did you see the crash outside?".

Other than that is a puppy. Just standing around with a puppy gets you into a conversation.

PBug's photo
Sun 11/23/08 09:15 AM
Edited by PBug on Sun 11/23/08 09:18 AM

How would you spend your time if you were the last person on earth?

I would take every video game console known to man and somehow rig them all together to create a super console.

I would call my super console Bob.

Then I would add tank treads and a cannon to my super console, so that when playing games got boring, I could use Bob to set up a perimeter and patrol the countryside.

This is one of the times when I just can't hold my inner 19-year-old inside.

Dude... Awesome!

As for me...

I would nominate myself as the king of the earth, and turn it into rogue-world by bombarding the rest of the galaxy with endless reruns of Idols and CSI.

PBug's photo
Fri 11/21/08 02:48 PM
Edited by PBug on Fri 11/21/08 02:49 PM
I believe that WE do not choose a mate primarily based on social status--that's just ridiculous.

As a reminder, my point:
women primarily choose their partner-candidates(dates) by their overall status, highest and most desired being the "alpha male". NOT because the men are jerks.

PBug's photo
Fri 11/21/08 02:29 PM
Edited by PBug on Fri 11/21/08 02:30 PM
Now I'm at loss of words...

Where does this separation of instinct and mind come
from? A basic course of psychology should clear this up.
And as a reminder, my point:
women primarily choose their partner-candidates(dates) by their overall status, highest and most desired being the "alpha male". NOT because the men are jerks.

PBug's photo
Fri 11/21/08 01:45 PM
Edited by PBug on Fri 11/21/08 01:49 PM

This is basic, but I'd still like to clarify.
We are humans. Alpha male in human society has a lot different meaning than in other mammal groups.

In example:
You are really good at what you do,
You are good-looking,
You show extrordinary social skills,
You have SELF-CONFIDENCE THAT SHOWS(ie. Leader),
You are intelligent,
etc...

If you have only one of these, then the chances are that you are not the alpha male(excluding the leader-position).

When you meet someone for the first time, it helps to be the alpha male of only that given situation to gain her affection. You don't need to be the president, or anything like that, just the guy that get attention when he asks it, gets laughter for his jokes, controls the situation and is interesting.

What else you would use as criteria for choosing you partner then your instinct?

It's called intuition, and that's debatable as well. There a few zillion better ways to select a mate than intuition.

Late

There seems to be a misunderstanding between us.
How exactly do you define instinct?

Edit.
And I agree with you. There are many better ways to choose a love-of-a-lifetime.
We just don't use them.

Instinct to me is behavior somehow passed down genetically, forcing us to act involuntary-like in response to whatever stimulus there is for reasons of survival--survival instincts.

We don't use our extraordinarily dynamic minds in the selection of our mates? Come now.

Okay. That is not a dictionary definition.

I'm going to have so much fun.laugh

Same here. If we do have such instincts, they are only for our infantile state which will be long gone lost.

So, are you saing that since you lost your instincts; survival instincts as defined by you, you no longer fear anything? Do you no longer look for food when you are hungry?

I higly doubt that. But your rail of thought is of low importance to the original idea of the thread, so I'll move on.

Not too mention environmental issues to bring about cause, stds that went undetected, and a whole range of possible ill outcomes that could happen, but hey, you're right, the alpha male is just about fool proof.

That is why most people prefer to have kids with people who they think will be able to protect the kids...
Just to visualize why this doesn't work as a counter-argument:
"god, this man is all that I've been looking for... But the risks of uncontrollable enviroment are so fierce, that maybe I should procreate with Average-Joe next door..."

How does it counter my original counter-argument? 6% percent of born babies have genetic diseases, and 95% of these are born in developing countries. How does enviromental risks counter this fact from disputing your fear of "hidden genetic diseases"?
It's irrelevant to your point.

Separation of "instincts" and "extraordinarily dynamic mind" that you seem to have as your keypoint, has no scientific evidence behind it. So, if you can, could you tell me how our instincts are separate being from our "mind".

Just to be safe, could you tell your definition of "mind" for me?

Just clear this for everyone else; my keypoint is that

PBug's photo
Fri 11/21/08 11:08 AM
Edited by PBug on Fri 11/21/08 11:09 AM
At lilith:
Don't really care about that, there hasn't been any harm done and debating is good for the brain.

It's a win-win for me. laugh

PBug's photo
Fri 11/21/08 10:58 AM
Edited by PBug on Fri 11/21/08 11:04 AM

We are humans. Alpha male in human society has a lot different meaning than in other mammal groups.

In example:
You are good-looking,
You are intelligent,
etc...

If you have only one of these, then the chances are that you are not the alpha male(excluding the leader-position).

When you meet someone for the first time, it helps to be the alpha male of only that given situation to gain her affection. You don't need to be the president, or anything like that, just the guy that get attention when he asks it, gets laughter for his jokes, controls the situation and is interesting.

What else you would use as criteria for choosing you partner then your instinct?

It's called intuition, and that's debatable as well. There a few zillion better ways to select a mate than intuition.

Late

There seems to be a misunderstanding between us.
How exactly do you define instinct?

Edit.
And I agree with you. There are many better ways to choose a love-of-a-lifetime.
We just don't use them.

PBug's photo
Fri 11/21/08 10:44 AM
Edited by PBug on Fri 11/21/08 10:44 AM

It's a well established fact that human beings have natural instincts, and these instincts are exactly the same as any other mammal.

When it comes to mating:

Find suitable partner,
Create offspings,
protect the survival of own genes.

We are not wolves, but we have the same instincts as wolves.

This whole instincts thing is highly debatable.

You're saying our highly complex, relatively much more powerful minds get bypassed outright by some instinctual urge to protect our genes? We are just a little bit more dynamic than that.

No. Human instincts are not debatable.

And please read what I write. Instincts are part of human behaviour. They do no "fight" with our "mind". They are part of it.

PBug's photo
Fri 11/21/08 10:40 AM

In example:
You are good-looking,
You are intelligent,
etc...