Community > Posts By > TexasScoundrel

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 05:05 PM
What you're feeling is not love. It's attraction. You're young and it's easy to confuse the two even for those of us with more experience.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 05:00 PM
Opposites often complete one another. But, it's best when both are already complete on their own.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 04:49 PM
Not much there to rate, is there? One photo in which you look frightened and one line of text. It appears you put more thought into this post than your profile.

My advice is to go into detail about what makes you different from young men. Talk about your goals and how you're going to achieve them. Talk about your passions and what you do to feel content.

After that describe what you're looking for in a female.

Try to express it all in a way that shows off your sense of humor and personality.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 04:30 PM
Plan, plan, plan, and make sure it's interesting and fun for her.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 04:27 PM

Why do we always go for the order of men? Cant we get even..?

It's my opinion that a large number of women prefer that a man take the lead in most areas. That doesn't mean she wants him to dominate her all the time, but simply for him to be a man worthy of her respect. A man that she can look up to and sit at the head of the table. A man she cannot easily manipulate.

Also, I do not agree with the 50/50 school of thought because if both partners are truly equal, when they disagree nothing gets done. So, one partner must have the final word.

I want to be clear that I do not think women are inferior to men in any way. I do believe that we think differently and that is often an advantage when couples are able to truly work together for common goals.

This post from you is much better Texy...kudos to your doc for the meds he's prescribed you. :thumbsup:

Although i would edit the 'most areas' in favour of 'certain areas'...and that part about a man she cannot easily manipulate has got to go.

I did try very hard to give my thoughts in a political correct way. Thanks for noticing.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 04:19 PM
Edited by TexasScoundrel on Fri 02/15/13 04:20 PM
If you'd prefer I can send you a link to some more explicit photos.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 04:18 PM

But you have just conceded the point that it isn't that women are bad at introducing themselves to strangers and having conversations with them at all and it is only that women tend not to go up to strange men and chat them up as much as men go up to strange women and do that. Also, you seem to have conceded that men are just as bad at it as women supposedly are, even though men do it more and should be better at it.

Your argument boils down to the assertion that you are good at picking up women. A guy on the internet says that he knows how to get laid. Brilliant. I hope your chat up lines are better than your debating skills.

If you think I'm back peddling, it's because you didn't understand what I was saying in the first place. That may be my fault. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Yes, I'm a guy on the internet that knows how to get laid. I'm not a whining nice guy that cries on the internet about not being able to find a girlfriend. I'm not saying you are, I'm saying I'm not.

You don't believe I get laid? I don't care. I still get laid whether you believe it or not.

Well, whether or not you get laid instead of spending Friday night posting on an internet forum is kind of beside the point. I don't care about that. I can't prove that you're talking crap about that and you can't really prove that it's true. It's just a claim that you are making that you can't back up with any proof.

That's fine though. It's your opinions that I'm refuting. There's a pattern to all of your arguments. You make a contraversial generalisation (usually something insulting about women) that you can't back up with anything really apart from anecdotal "evidence" or a single research paper or article from the internet. People tell you that it's a load of crap and give you counterexamples to refute it and then you say that there anecdotal evidence is worthless because there are exceptions to every rule. That's why I say you are a terrible debater and it seems like you are trolling.

First of all, I do not ever say anything insulting about women. If I had, I'd have been banned a long time ago.

Secondly, I have done a good deal of research (reading books as well as field study) into attraction and what attracts us to one another. I try to share what I've learned and has worked for me. If I can help some guys out, I'm happy to help. If others want to say I'm full of BS, that's fine too. But, it's usually the guys that have no idea how to attract a female that say I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm on the web tonight because I'm working. I assume that you don't know, but I'm an over the road truck driver. That means I stay out on the road, living in my truck for 4 to 6 weeks at a time. Tonight I'm in a roadside park in East Texas. When I woke up this morning I was in central Mississippi. Tomorrow I'm driving almost into Mexico.

Proof? How about this?

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 03:53 PM

How would you react if a stranger suddenly kissed you ?smooched

This has only happened to me once. My reaction was shock.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 03:51 PM

i'm not sure what people are getting upset at here... the way i read it, it's a numbers/confidence type thing, as with anything... the more ladies you talk to, the better the chance of hooking up.
the guys should actually pay attention to your post. if these guys think a lady is going to come and tell them, they are sadly mistaken. it will be a long wait, whereas if you at least talk to 3-5 more women a day, your chances of meeting someone increases.

Yep, that's basically it. Go out, talk to as many women as you can and don't have an agenda. Don't ever chase the ones that aren't interested in you because that only gives them the creeps.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 03:40 PM

Why do we always go for the order of men? Cant we get even..?

It's my opinion that a large number of women prefer that a man take the lead in most areas. That doesn't mean she wants him to dominate her all the time, but simply for him to be a man worthy of her respect. A man that she can look up to and sit at the head of the table. A man she cannot easily manipulate.

Also, I do not agree with the 50/50 school of thought because if both partners are truly equal, when they disagree nothing gets done. So, one partner must have the final word.

I want to be clear that I do not think women are inferior to men in any way. I do believe that we think differently and that is often an advantage when couples are able to truly work together for common goals.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 03:22 PM
I would.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 03:10 PM

But you have just conceded the point that it isn't that women are bad at introducing themselves to strangers and having conversations with them at all and it is only that women tend not to go up to strange men and chat them up as much as men go up to strange women and do that. Also, you seem to have conceded that men are just as bad at it as women supposedly are, even though men do it more and should be better at it.

Your argument boils down to the assertion that you are good at picking up women. A guy on the internet says that he knows how to get laid. Brilliant. I hope your chat up lines are better than your debating skills.

If you think I'm back peddling, it's because you didn't understand what I was saying in the first place. That may be my fault. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Yes, I'm a guy on the internet that knows how to get laid. I'm not a whining nice guy that cries on the internet about not being able to find a girlfriend. I'm not saying you are, I'm saying I'm not.

You don't believe I get laid? I don't care. I still get laid whether you believe it or not.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 02:18 PM
Edited by TexasScoundrel on Fri 02/15/13 02:32 PM

I think what the women here actually said was that they wouldn't ask a man out and some of them said that they would, so your argument as usual is spurious.

You stated that women are unable to introduce themselves to strangers and conduct a proper conversation, which is just nonsense. You take a topic about flirting and asking people out and somehow insert a troll into it about women having poor social skills. You do make me chuckle with these absurd generalisations and your boasting about your sex life though man.

Once again, that's not what I said. I never said women have poor social skills. On the contrary, women generally have better social skills than men. Women are better at reading body language, more sensitive to tonal changes in a voice and generally better at reading intentions than are men. However, that doesn't mean they are good at chatting up strangers. Truthfully, men are likely at least as bad at it as women are, which would explain why there are so many sad, lonely nice guys.

And I never troll. I post my views on whatever a given topic may be. You are, of course, free to disagree. In fact, I prefer people disagree with me because then we can discuss it and maybe I'll learn something new.

Edit:

I've just been back through this thread. 12 women have posted. 8 said they would not approach a man for a date. 3 said they would and one was vague. In fairness, one also mentioned she'd approached men in the past, but wouldn't do it again. Since 12 is 50% more than 8 I think it's reasonable to say generally, women don't do it and are therefore not good at it because they don't do it.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Fri 02/15/13 03:02 AM
Edited by TexasScoundrel on Fri 02/15/13 03:15 AM

Anyway Tex, I think you are confusing someone's ability to chat up someone else in order to get a date with just being able to start and hold up their end of a conversation.

Women do not have problems talking. Women love to talk. You may not be particularly interested in the things that women like to talk about because while they are rabbiting on all you're thinking about is getting your end away or football but "women don't know how to have a proper conversation" is a rather daft thing to say.

That's not what I said. I said women are not good at starting a conversation with a stranger.

Yes, women will talk your ear off once they know you. But, they just aren't used to saying hello and introducing themselves.

Is this the bit where I give you counterexamples, like my sister who is married to a really shy guy that she initially aproached and you tell me that you are speaking in generalities and the rule is still true even if there are exceptions?

If that's the way you want to take. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, so obviously there are exceptions.

But, how many women in this thread said they don't or wouldn't ever approach a man and start a conversation? There were one or two that said they would, but the majority said they wouldn't. Women are generally not good at it because they never do it. It's a skill that must be learned and practiced.

I used to be shy. But, then one day I decided I was going to solve my woman problems. I made a commitment to talking to 100 different women I'd never spoken with before (something I'd never done even once). I dressed myself up nice, went to the most crowded bars I could find and spoke to 10 women a night, two nights a week, for five weeks. I kept a diary, noting what went well and what didn't. By the end of the first night, starting a conversation was easy. After the second night I was getting phone numbers. After the fourth night, I started getting laid. Before the end, I was having threesomes with very attractive women half my age! I discovered a pattern that got results and all I had to do was go through the steps.

Confidence comes from success.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Thu 02/14/13 01:49 PM

Anyway Tex, I think you are confusing someone's ability to chat up someone else in order to get a date with just being able to start and hold up their end of a conversation.

Women do not have problems talking. Women love to talk. You may not be particularly interested in the things that women like to talk about because while they are rabbiting on all you're thinking about is getting your end away or football but "women don't know how to have a proper conversation" is a rather daft thing to say.

That's not what I said. I said women are not good at starting a conversation with a stranger.

Yes, women will talk your ear off once they know you. But, they just aren't used to saying hello and introducing themselves.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Thu 02/14/13 06:03 AM

It's happened to me fairly often. But, women are lousy at starting a conversation with a stranger. They'd get better at it if they did it more often.

This must be about the most outrageouslly stupid statement I've heard you come out with yet. Women in general have no problems striking up conversations with strangers anymore than men do. Some people are shy and some people are more outgoing. When I was younger I was very awkward with women but I frequently had them coming up to me in pubs and talking to me.

I get women coming up to me often too. But, that doesn't mean they can start a decent conversation or sustain one. That burden always falls on me. Especially when they're nervous and blushing. It is cute though.

You want to know what I get most of the time? "Wow, you're tall." What the heck do I say to that? Thanks?

TexasScoundrel's photo
Thu 02/14/13 05:53 AM
Are you going to try and take them?

TexasScoundrel's photo
Thu 02/14/13 04:24 AM
You are a very attractive young lady. But, there's nothing in your profile to give anyone a sense of who you are. Tell us about the things you enjoy doing. What are your long term goals for the future? How will you reach them? What do you need to be happy and content?

Then talk about the kind of person you'd like to meet.

Try to do all this in a fun, lighthearted way that will show your personality.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Thu 02/14/13 04:06 AM
The trouble is if you want someone to be there, with you, during difficult times. To maintain it, both people have to be very independent. But, usually independent people don't need relationships at all.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Thu 02/14/13 04:00 AM
Edited by TexasScoundrel on Thu 02/14/13 04:03 AM

Approach me for a "serious relationship?" That seems a little creepy, don't you think?

How about if she approaches me for a date first? I'm cool with that. It's happened to me fairly often. But, women are lousy at starting a conversation with a stranger. They'd get better at it if they did it more often.

Hey, nobody asks you for a straight relationship out of the blue. Everybody knows dating precedes it. What kind of question is that? Obviously you......

Well gee wizz, I thought that's what you were asking since it in the title of the thread.

"Is it right for a lady to approach you for a serious relationship?"

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25