Community > Posts By > TexasScoundrel

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 04:03 PM

Well Tex, I won't claim to have much of an insight into this apart from my own personal experience but I think some women do go into situations where they fully intend to sleep with a man but they will still say to the guy that they want to see how it goes and that they want to chat or have a cuddle and if sparks fly then have sex. I have been in that situation myself. If a woman comes back to your place "for coffee" as they say that does mean sex and that's understood but at the same time it's a little game where you don't just ask someone if they want to spend the night with you and obviously the woman could back out at any point if she became uncomfortable.

And I agree that a guy can screw it up at the last second. But, if he can screw it up it must mean that she's undecided until she's actually involved in the act it self.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 03:49 PM

The myth is not busted. Your question was : "What is she waiting for?"

So you are not so concerned about what she has decided but that if she has decided Yes, then why she won't do it RIGHT NOW, ON THE FIRST DATE.

The truth is, she has decided yes or no, but the question now is "when."

Between right now and her saying "yes" there are a thousands things you can do or say that will turn her yes to a no.

BUT if she has decided NO right off the bat, you chances are slim and none of changing that to a yes.

Now, let me make sure I'm understanding what you're suggesting.

She is sure she is going to have sex with this man. 100% No question in her mind. But, she's holding off to see him sweat?

Guess what, we're back to head games.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 03:43 PM

If you're speaking for others, you'll just be guessing and giving your opinion on why someone else might cheat.

For the question you asked, a woman saying she doesn't decide in a few seconds that she wants to have sex with someone is a legitimate answer. Why would women speak for other women rather than themselves on a topic like this?

Maybe I would be guessing, but I'd also be addressing the question.

But, so few actually said they hadn't decided yet. All they said was they wanted to know him better. I kept asking, is she knows him well enough to know she wants sex from him (assuming she decided in a few seconds), she must know him well enough to actually have sex with him, right?

Almost no one addressed this.

So, here I was trying to figure out why a woman would know she'd have sex with a man sooner or later and still want to wait. The only answer I could come up with was the power play/head game.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 03:41 PM

If you're speaking for others, you'll just be guessing and giving your opinion on why someone else might cheat.

For the question you asked, a woman saying she doesn't decide in a few seconds that she wants to have sex with someone is a legitimate answer. Why would women speak for other women rather than themselves on a topic like this?

But, so few actually said they hadn't decided yet. All they said was they wanted to know him better. I kept asking, is she knows him well enough to know she wants sex from him (assuming she decided in a few seconds), she must know him well enough to actually have sex with him, right?

Almost no one addressed this.

So, here I was trying to figure out why a woman would know she'd have sex with a man sooner or later and still want to wait. The only answer I could come up with was the power play/head game.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 03:17 PM

You're talking about a generalization you made that you came to the conclusion was not true. So of course people were going to say they weren't like that. laugh

You're missing the point. Only a few people actually addressed the question. Everyone else posted about themselves.

Suppose someone asked; why do men cheat?

Now, I could say, not all men cheat. I've never cheated on any woman. And it would be true, but it doesn't address the question. It doesn't explain the motivations men have for cheating.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 03:13 PM

You're talking about a generalization you made that you came to the conclusion was not true. So of course people were going to say they weren't like that. laugh

You're missing the point. Only a few people actually addressed the question. Everyone else posted about themselves.

Suppose someone asked; why do men cheat?

Now, I could say, not all men cheat. I've never cheated on any woman. And it would be true, but it doesn't address the question. It doesn't explain the motivations men have for cheating.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 02:57 PM
Edited by TexasScoundrel on Mon 01/21/13 02:59 PM
But, what knocks me out is so many people (men and women) feel the need to to say "I'm not like that." When I read a generalization about men I first ask myself if it's true of men generally. If so, I try to explain it. Whether it's true of me is beside the point.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 02:24 PM

And what exactly are you basing these generalisations on? Personal experience? Statistics? You draw a distinction between opinion and fact but all of this is really just your opinion.

I based it first on a study I read a few years ago from the UK. They do all kinds of nutty studies over there about dating, sexual activity and such. When I first read it, I posted about it here and the vast majority of women agreed that they did make that decision in only a few seconds. I believed them.

I have a great deal of time to think while I'm driving around the USA. I started thinking about this and I started wondering, if women decide so quickly, why do they put it off. So, I asked.

Ok. Why do you think it's generally true if many seem to disagree?

I don't think it's true anymore. I now think women may be turned on by a man in only a few seconds, but that doesn't mean they've decided to have sex with him. Again, speaking generally.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 12:26 PM

So you're asking something about women that you believe to be true for the most part, but you don't want to hear several women saying that's not true, because you're not asking about them?

As I said, I'm asking about something that's GENERALLY TRUE. Anyone can post what ever they want. But, the exceptions aren't what I'm asking about.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 12:16 PM

Tex, statements like "women always want more" do tend to give the impression that you think that all women are the same. It is just false that women always want a serious relationship and this site is full of women that are damaged by bad relationships and are only looking for something casual or just for friendship or to chat. I find it hard to believe that you really do date these women or chat with them if you don't even know that.

Of course I know that. But, as I said, I was speaking in general terms.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 11:53 AM

If you sent me a friend request (not likely) I'd accept it. But, I don't accept them from people I haven't at least bumped into in the forums.

I don't generally send any friend requests. So, I don't know about that part.

Lol..Id send you a request! Why wouldn't I?
You speak your mind! That's awesome!

Alright, but if you do I'm likely to post something scandalous on the bottom of your profile.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 11:32 AM

If you did not believe women are all the same, then you would know that not all women would feel the same about knowing when they'll have sex with someone. I guess I just don't understand where this confusion is coming from.

I was trying to discuss the topic in general terms. When I ask a question about something that's generally true, I get 10 replies all saying "I'm not like that." Fine. I'm not asking about you. Just because there are exceptions to a rule doesn't mean the rule isn't generally true.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 11:18 AM
If you sent me a friend request (not likely) I'd accept it. But, I don't accept them from people I haven't at least bumped into in the forums.

I don't generally send any friend requests. So, I don't know about that part.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 11:02 AM
I agreed that some had posted valid reasons.

Who said women are all the same? Not me. I have NEVER said that.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 10:28 AM

I beg to differ... young women tend to just be young! I actually work at being fit and healthy...

I didn't say all older women lose their shapes. I was speaking generally because what I said is generally true. Just because there are exceptions doesn't mean the rule isn't true overall.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 10:18 AM

Facts and truth from your perspective though....which is slightly biased in one direction, wouldn't you agree?

The facts are the facts and the truth is the truth. That's the difference between truth and opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but no one is entitled to their own facts. Someone may not like the facts, but that doesn't change them.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 10:00 AM

Why would you worry about their credit score or savings account if you plan to keep your funds separate from anyone you're with?

If I were looking to get hitched, these are answers I'd want to know.

I think I would have a harder time believing somebody that said they didn't have debt.Nowadays I think most people have some sort of debt.

And this is why I'd ask. I have some debt, but I'm also making all my payments, on time every time. I'd want to know if she is too. It's part of being a responsible adult.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 09:51 AM

We find what we look for, correct?

So if you are looking for head games you will find them.

A woman knows if there is chemistry, the chemical reaction our bodies have with someone that is chemically exciting within a few seconds of being close to them, yes.

Does a woman decide sex will happen then, no.

For me, sex isn't decided at any point. I let nature take it's course. If I am attracted enough to spend some time with you.... then if I am attracted enough to kiss you....if that goes well then maybe more will happen. I still hold the right to say no whenever I feel the need and so does he.

I always look for facts and the truth.

We could have told you from the beginning that not all women are the same and therefor women will decide to have sex at different times. Not all will know immediately if they're going to have sex with someone. laugh

So, why didn't anyone?

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 09:47 AM
I really don't understand the what problem is. Two women you know, but don't sleep with and one's father. Right? Introduce everyone, tell them your plans and invite them to come along.

That's what I'd do anyway.

TexasScoundrel's photo
Mon 01/21/13 09:38 AM
Edited by TexasScoundrel on Mon 01/21/13 09:40 AM
The question was;

If it only takes a woman a few seconds to decide whether or not she wants to have sex with a man, what is she waiting for?

This was something I'd read both here and other places.

What I found out is, it's not true. Women, for the most part DO NOT decide to have sex in the first few seconds. It takes more time than that. So, myth busted. Somebody call Jamie and Adam.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next