Community > Posts By > Jaan Doh

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/10/24 08:37 PM
I like it, I think you've covered all the bases and sown the seeds for various conversation topics, in the text...

Some words were big like Esoteric Gnosticism, which I had to Google in order to understand...

And I had to Google Breatharians too, which was an interesting read, but a bit much for my poor little 1 watt brain...

I think your second pic is the best one, it shows you have a nice smile, all in all it's a much more informative profile than most newbies...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/10/24 08:08 PM

If I sign up for free, and 63 people "like" me in the first 12 hours, but I have to PAY on a FREE site to see who they even are, I'm not thrilled. In fact, I'm LESS than thrilled, I'm PISSED. Because I was LIED TO! The ads ALL say completely FREE. It's a flat out lie, so if the site is lying to us, why would the users be any different?

I've scanned through all the guys within my qualifications within 100 miles and there's nothing I'm interested in. Should I drop another chunk of change and keep checking back daily or what? I'm NOT desperate. and I definitely am not looking for a hook up.

No reason to stick around if there's nothing I want.

Most sites that say they are free, are referring to membership, at least that's what I've discovered, and on nearly all of them you have to pay for the extra/premium features, like being able to see who liked you...

As for coughing up your hard earned cheddar, I think it's only natural to ask others who have been there a while, before parting with the readies...

Anyway, good luck in finding what you seek 🤞:four_leaf_clover:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/10/24 08:49 AM

@Jaan Doh I hear ya!

Ps the yak taste must be from the strawberry short(supply)cake you've been feasting on....:wink:

I wish I'd been feasting on strawberry cake 🤤

No it's only 1 or 2 éclairs a week :joy: for me, got to look after my health an try to avoid diabetes, which is all too common in people my age :sob:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/10/24 08:46 AM

Yeah it's fun to laugh with our near and far friends, I just think about all the dolphins swimming in the brain (endorphins :joy:)... And it must be stated (for the paperwork) that facts are facts :thumbsup::joy:

Am I right to sense a sarcastic but accurate reply to the "fact telling" claim?

No it's not meant to be sarcastic any way...

You cannot dispute facts... I think everyone should laugh more and the world would be a more happier place...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/10/24 02:55 AM
Happy Chinese New Year to Chinese friends near and far :pray::tada::confetti_ball::heart:

Good luck for 2024 Motown Downtown too :pray::thumbsup::four_leaf_clover:...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/10/24 02:44 AM

Too much political talk.

I don't like the politics threads which are about the politicians I like... Otherwise I just read them and carry on browsing, mostly because I don't know anything about politics :joy:

Occasionally I may add some of my mad thoughts to the fray... 🤣
I like winding some of the people up on those threads, by pointing out the facts about America, which some people on there try to gloss over and ignore, but I don't. Next thing they're biting like a Fish :fish: on a hook, but all I'm telling them is facts! 🤣🤣:thumbsup::100:

Yeah it's fun to laugh with our near and far friends, I just think about all the dolphins swimming in the brain (endorphins :joy:)... And it must be stated (for the paperwork) that facts are facts :thumbsup::joy:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Sat 02/10/24 02:34 AM

I don't know how you can change the position I made a setting when registering where the position was located automatically I would like to disable this option of determining the location automatically do you know how I can f

I normally disable LOCATION on my android device... Maybe flush the browser cache too, in case that preference is saved in a browser cookie

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/09/24 02:33 PM
Edited by Jaan Doh on Fri 02/09/24 02:34 PM
A recent case that (I would say) outlines all the hallmarks of bullying...

And the consequences of it, if it is not caught and the perpetrator is not "rehabilitated" or the perpetrator does not "grow out of it"..

Then the bullies moves onto bigger things" (like the horrific recent case) such as even murder...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Brianna_Ghey

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/09/24 01:59 PM

It's understandable that newbies don't feel comfortable with all the fakes and scammers...

What I found useful was the help from many of the existing members (you may notice it especially in the New Members Welcome Area) they can spot the fakes and scammers and more experienced member's responses usually inform other members of a fake / scammer... I found it very useful in weeding out the time wasters...

Welcome to Mingle and good luck too....

I am definitely new here. It hasn't really felt all that welcoming. Lots and lots of fake accounts / bots. Nothing like logging on to see a dozen fake accounts that "match"... all being 20-somethings from Florida and Cali with zero info on the profiles.

Some social sites are very unwelcoming I'd say Mingle is very welcoming and most of the genuine and nice people can be found in the forums...

Thats not to say there's no nice or genuine members who don't post in the forums, there's just less or maybe we assume there's less because we never hear from them...

As most people say,
if it sounds too good to be true....

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/09/24 12:47 PM

To Form Cricket Team

I'd like to join and be the judge or umpire please :joy::trophy::medal::cricket:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Fri 02/09/24 12:46 PM

Curious .. does spreading baseless online rumours or lies about a person count as bullying ??? I have definitely been subject to that kind of behaviour online . I put it down to jealously and insecurity rather than bullying.

Yes off course spreading baseless rumours or lies are a form of bullying, because those activities are harmful or those activities are carried out with the intention of causing HURT...

Maybe the underlying CAUSE of the bullying could jealousy or insecurity but the actions are bully tactics (to cause hurt because I can, because I'm bigger or richer or because I don't like you or whatever)...

As @Duttoneer points out, "attack / slam / insult" those are bully tactics...

Sometimes you may join a social website, where there's an elite group who maintain control over conversations by grouping together and diminishing the value of newcomers comments or posts, labelling them as whacko's, simply because the newcomers ideas/posts doesn't fit the groups clique... And maybe these group actions could been seen as bullying too...

Conversing with someone or each other (as we are doing now) and debating things / points, without insult or denigrating anyone is NOT bullying obviously... After all everyone has a right to an opinion, no matter how accurate or out of whack it may be...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Thu 02/08/24 12:46 AM

Dance music:musical_note::notes:all day and all night long! :thumbsup::100:If you came through the whole dance music and rave scene, here in the UK, from the late 80's and through the 90's you would all understand, what I'm talking about. The US missed out on most of that though! :thumbsup::100::notes::musical_note::sunglasses:

What I loved most about that era was how piano music was integrated into most of the most popular tracks... I always loved a good piani (riff or solo piano break) in a dance track :thumbsup::ok_hand:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Thu 02/08/24 12:28 AM

Sade - Is It A Crime (Lovers Live)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2C96ybYWJ8

Oh yeahhh Sade, I just adored her album Diamond Life...

Oh and don't forget Tracy Chapman and John Holt too...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Thu 02/08/24 12:19 AM
Thinking I need to find a new job :pensive:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Thu 02/08/24 12:14 AM

Thanks Julie and Jaan. I was the smallest and did not fit in anywhere. People made fun of me.

Typical, they sound like bullies picking on people who are smaller than them...

By the way, You fit in lovely here amongst the Mingle Community...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Wed 02/07/24 03:02 PM

I just had a really bad time in high school. A struggle every day.

Hugzzzz Cat....

Jaan Doh 's photo
Wed 02/07/24 02:59 PM

Malnutrition of a social life seems to be doing wonders for your sense of humour....you maybe travelling the road on your own but it looks like you'll be smiling all the way to the end!:wink: hats off you to friend.

Thank you Michelle, but it would be nice to have someone to smile and laugh with along the way to the (gulp:scream:) end...

Yuk yuk yuk, thinking of the "end" , always leaves a yukky taste in the mouth :joy:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Wed 02/07/24 02:55 PM

Check out a relationship site that does not have Forums. Those are usually successful for People who really want a serious Relationship, not hookups or just dating.
IMO

Good afternoons Toodygirl, I'm just here for friends, good conversation and free cake :cake::joy:

And all 3 of them seem to be in short supply here :joy:

Then you should be happy where you are.

They're all (friends, good conversation and free cake) in SHORT supply as in Nil, Nada, Zero and let's throw Niet in there too :joy:

Jaan Doh 's photo
Tue 02/06/24 12:09 PM
Bump :yum:

So ummm I'm bumping this thread in case I get the opportunity to interrogate oops I mean chat with someone on about 101 different topics :joy:...

Just to recap the core essence of the conversation...

I'm suffering from malnutrition of a social life :sob:

I thought about joining a book club, but I mostly read work related reference manuals so that was a bit of a bummer :joy:

I'd like to complete the 3 peaks walking challenge, but a little fearful of climbing Ben Nevis, because the weather could change so fast and you'd really need to be with guide or die :joy:

So instead I'm planning for a leisurely stroll up Mount Snowden again, but this time I'll bring a change of clothes :joy: and a torch, in case the heavens open up again or in case it gets dark on downward leg, like it did last time...

Jaan Doh 's photo
Tue 02/06/24 11:30 AM

Too much political talk.

I don't like the politics threads which are about the politicians I like... Otherwise I just read them and carry on browsing, mostly because I don't know anything about politics :joy:

Occasionally I may add some of my mad thoughts to the fray... 🤣

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25