Community > Posts By > mixie629

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 04:47 PM
Many things in life require the ability to follow instructions. No one is there to hold your hand and tell you how to do everything. If you can't figure out how to read instructions, you will never learn how to do anything. Is that fair? Maybe not, but it is the way life is. You have to be able to figure things out on your own in order to succeed.

mixie629's photo
Mon 09/15/08 03:45 PM

Life isn't fair, get over it.
ditto

mixie629's photo
Mon 09/15/08 03:42 PM

People change their minds. When something isn't fun anymore, they stop doing it.

You dont' have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

so does that make it right??????
you asked why people do it. I didn't say it was right.

mixie629's photo
Fri 09/12/08 06:21 PM

Did you ask this question before? I swear there was another guy who liked a girl in a bank and asked the same exact question. He never replied what happened.
same girl, different guy

mixie629's photo
Fri 09/12/08 06:15 PM

OK, if they were with someone and on this site looking would that make them cyber cheeters? Isnt there a TV show like that?
some people are here to talk to people, not to get laid

mixie629's photo
Fri 09/12/08 06:06 PM
A phrase keeps running through my head - "willing suspension of disbelief"

I see that happening here.

mixie629's photo
Fri 09/12/08 06:04 PM
You shouldn't have to give up your friends, family and hobbies because you are in a relationship. If you do, then what you are in is a prison, not a relationship.

mixie629's photo
Fri 09/12/08 06:02 PM
(((((Denise)))))))

I've missed you.

mixie629's photo
Fri 09/12/08 06:00 PM
People change their minds. When something isn't fun anymore, they stop doing it.

You dont' have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

mixie629's photo
Fri 09/12/08 05:57 PM
"B"

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 06:26 PM

All I know is that people with real lives don't spend any time worrying about what other people do,, much less taking the time to post a thread comlaining about it.

This really tickles my tummy.laugh laugh laugh

and I shall deem you ELMO....rofl
an appelation I shall wear with pride!

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 06:21 PM
I don't require people in my life to keep all eyes glued on me at all times and give me their undivided attention. I recognize that there are peolple in their life other than me.

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 05:58 PM
If a guy is going to get huffy and leave because I take a call during a date, then he is an azz. I am a single mom. Kids come first. If they call, I answer.

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 05:58 PM
If a guy is going to get huffy and leave because I take a call during a date, then he is an azz. I am a single mom. Kids come first. If they call, I answer.

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 05:54 PM
But occasionally, it has nothing to do with race or color, but culture.

Occasionally? Does that mean the rest of the time it does have to do with race or color?

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 05:33 PM

making assumptions about a person's weight and then making fun of them based on that are not typically actions taken by the friendly. Or the funny.

No, it is what the small and mean do.

You're right. I'm sorry for the personal attack. I thought it was funny...then decided against it. About 2.2 seconds too late.

Have a nice day

Well, OK, then.flowerforyou

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 05:32 PM

Is it just me or does it appear that there are a lot of people living thier entire lives online or at least getting WAY too entrenched in this chat thing?

I suggest that those people (you know who you are) go outside and smile at someone. At least you can tell if they smile back.

Well first off I think your statement is judgmental. Some people have no other avenue to socialize than online. For medical or socio/economic reasons.

Secondly some people LIKE to be online all the time.

I have a full time corporate job. I have 3 kids out of 5 still living at home.

So I don't live here. But I certainly don't judge those who do. That's their business. Its' what online sites are for.

Maybe you would be better not being on line at all :wink:

I second that emotion!drinker

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 05:27 PM

This joke is worthy of the best work of any eight-grader I have known. Such clever wit and wordplay!! You must be a writer.laugh laugh

No, unless you consider software "writing". But my mom & dad (the ones so proud of me) said many times that I should be a writer...because I was such a lousy programmer. lol One look at my punctuation and all these elipses should tell you that I'm no writer.

Actually I'm a scientist and technician, generally speaking. Not a politician or diplomat...or a writer. So excuse my inability to please everyone by blasting them with whatever BS they need to hear, in a nice way. And for my unwillingness to let something that made me laugh so hard miss getting on here.

I'm thought by some who know me with more than these flat little words, to be very funny and friendly. Who, I don't know, but theres gotta be someone...right? lol

making assumptions about a person's weight and then making fun of them based on that are not typically actions taken by the friendly. Or the funny.

No, it is what the small and mean do.

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 05:12 PM
The problem is that people change; or they turn out not to be who you thought they were; or for whatever reason you find yourself in a marriage with a person who makes your life miserable. Do you stay, just because you made a vow when you were too young and stupid to know better?

Life is too short for that, I say. You don't need to punish yourself until you die just because you made a mistake.

mixie629's photo
Sat 08/30/08 05:07 PM

And, as far as tickling your tummy goes...that should be easy, just toss a feather anywhere in the northern hemisphere, it will probably land there.
This joke is worthy of the best work of any eight-grader I have known. Such clever wit and wordplay!! You must be a writer.laugh laugh