Community > Posts By > mixie629

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 06:33 PM

next time, cheat...ohwell
I like the way your mind works.

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 06:31 PM

If all that matters is how "hot" she is,what difference does her age make, as long as it's legal? You are clearly not looking at her as a person anyway.

Where did I say thats "all" that matters? huh
That is all you said about her. What else was I to conclude? You said you were concerned about the age difference, but that she was "hot".

So obviously the age difference was my first concern....
Your making statements like most on this site....Your own assumption...Read the OP...For you to make a statement of "your clearly not looking at her as a person?"....Seriously...get your head out of the gutter

If you had said "but she is so intelligent..nice..kind...interesting...together...anything - all you told us is that she is 26 and hot.

Whose mind is in the gutter?

Enjoy the site...You will fit right in with many here drinker
all I have to go on is what YOU said. I can't read minds.

If her "hotness" were not your prime area of interest, why is it the only thing you mentioned about the girl? How am I to conclude that anything else even matters to you?

And I like the diversionary tactics that you use when you don't like what other people say. Nice!

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 06:26 PM
Wait, I'll cast a spell on him. What's his name? Oh, and I'll need a lock of his hair.

He is a selfish azz

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 06:04 PM
Edited by mixie629 on Tue 09/16/08 06:28 PM

If all that matters is how "hot" she is,what difference does her age make, as long as it's legal? You are clearly not looking at her as a person anyway.

That is all you said about her. What else was I to conclude? You said you were concerned about the age difference, but that she was "hot".

So obviously the age difference was my first concern....
Your making statements like most on this site....Your own assumption...Read the OP...For you to make a statement of "your clearly not looking at her as a person?"....Seriously...get your head out of the gutter

If you had said "but she is so intelligent..nice..kind...interesting...together"...anything - all you told us is that she is 26 and hot.

Whose mind is in the gutter?

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:41 PM

Thou art BANISHED!!!!!

Great now banish me with a Greek or Norse God...a demi-god will be just fine if a God cannot be found.
Ah, dame Lily thou art wise beyond thine years, and perceptive too. So clever at solving riddles, thou art!

It's as if I dwell with the Gods of the ancient ones yes?
Indeed, milady.

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:36 PM

Thou art BANISHED!!!!!

Great now banish me with a Greek or Norse God...a demi-god will be just fine if a God cannot be found.
Ah, dame Lily thou art wise beyond thine years, and perceptive too. So clever at solving riddles, thou art!

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:31 PM

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:28 PM

Its norsemen not norse, there is a serious disdection.

I think in this instance,"Norse" is referring to mythology, not the people themselves.

Norsemen
Norse mythology

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:26 PM

And here i thought writing was more about the words feelings and there use instead of proper use,my bad as a writer to think such thoughts.
Words don't have feelings.

If you want to express feelings using words, it is good to do so in a way that will be understood. If you just put a string of words on a page with no punctuation,people may not understand what you are trying to say.

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:24 PM

OK so here is how I have it now. I added the sentence before it as well.

In both Greek and Norse mythology humans; where both made from natural sources. With the Greeks using clay and the Norse using trees.

I would not have placed (;) after the word humans.

Maybe your sentence should be written thus " In both Greek and Norse mythology, humans were made from natural sources, the Greeks used clay and the Norse used trees"

Without meaning to be cruel, the sentence seems pretty vague.
I am in love with you.

Why?
Because of your comment about the semi-colon and the vagueness. You clearly love the language, ergo, I love you. :)

I love the confusion of the English language ( which is not a complete language in it's own right) but a combination of borrowed words from various languages ( East Indian, Greek, Dutch and German to name a few) I do wish Olde English was still in use...........
we could quote Beowulf

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:21 PM

I still don't get it...
I think they teach all of this in grade school.

What English or Greek mythology? Oh right both....
No, I was talking about verbs and punctuation marks and sentence fragments, etc.

I would think that by the time you get past grade school, you are aware that a sentence requires a verb.

Just saying. :)

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:17 PM

I still don't get it...
I think they teach all of this in grade school.

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:16 PM

In both Greek and Norse mythology humans; where both made from natural sources. With the Greeks using clay and the Norse using trees.

Maybe your sentence should be written thus " In both Greek and Norse mythology, humans were made from natural sources, the Greeks used clay and the Norse used trees"

I am in love with you.

Why?
Because of your comment about the semi-colon and the vagueness. You clearly love the language, ergo, I love you. :)

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:14 PM

Greeks being of clay,and the norse of trees

That is still a fragment.

are we talking writing for a computer ,or what sounds the best?
We are talking writing in coherent English.

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:12 PM

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:09 PM

This is what I put and Word stopped yelling at me.

Were both,not where both.

And the second sentence is still a fragment. You need a verb.

And lose the semi-colon; it serves no purpose in that sentence.

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 05:06 PM

Greeks being of clay,and the norse of trees

That is still a fragment.

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 04:59 PM

I am in love with you.

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 04:51 PM
Try this:

In both Norse and Greek mythologies, human figures were made from natural sources. The Norse used trees and the Greeks used clay.

mixie629's photo
Tue 09/16/08 04:49 PM
It is a sentence fragment. There is no verb.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7