Community > Posts By > Sluggo

Sluggo's photo
Wed 07/30/08 12:48 AM
That link I'm getting my Box Office info said the Justice League movie is coming out 12/31/2009.

The funny story I heard about this movie was that they wanted to put them in a uniform (sort like the X-Men) which is NOT like the Comic Book, and it created a huge up roar in the comic geek community because of the thought of Wonder Woman not showing a lot of skin specially her legs. laugh laugh

Sluggo's photo
Wed 07/30/08 12:27 AM
I just noticed that they are making a Justice League movie next year which originally had Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter.

Has anyone heard what characters they'll have in it? I'm figuring Superman & Batman are obvious and I also heard they're going to have Wonder Woman in it, has anyone heard anything more?

Sluggo's photo
Wed 07/30/08 12:10 AM
Mondays totals were it's lowest so far at $10,518,116, for a grand total of $324,299,793 (through Monday). This puts it where I predicted and is sitting at #18.

Tuesdays numbers are history and it should put the Dark Knight safely at #16 passing the following(and a chance at hopping Spider-man 3):

15. Spider-Man 3 (2007) $336,530,303
16. Forrest Gump (1994) $329,691,196
17. The Lion King (1994) $328,423,001

Sluggo's photo
Tue 07/29/08 04:55 PM

I just saw it.. FRIGGIN AMAZING!! For his performance I do believe Heath Ledger has earned a spot in my favorite late actors tribute tattoo.. As the joker of course

LoL...Okay, I thought he did a great job, not sure about getting a Tat of it though laugh

Sluggo's photo
Tue 07/29/08 01:06 AM

Not really. I'm not that easy.......grumble grumble grumble grumble

I think we could have our answer laugh

Sluggo's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:22 PM
Saturday - 28,272,494
Sunday - 23,661,680
===========================
Weekend Total - $51,934,174

(http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2008/BATM2.php)

Not too bad considering I predicted $50,000,000 :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ending US totals as of 7/27/2008 are $313,781,677

It's already sitting at #23 all time and I'm pretty sure it's made it to #18 today passing:

18. Shrek the Third (2007) $320,706,665
19. Transformers (2007) $318,759,914
20. Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) $317,557,891
21. Iron Man (2008) $314,925,955
22. The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) $313,837,577

(http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross)

Sluggo's photo
Mon 07/28/08 04:14 PM
The original "Faces of Death" after watching that movie I realized that I was not invinsible (and nor was anyone else).

Sluggo's photo
Mon 07/28/08 03:33 AM

When all thought leaves your brain, its hard to talk and not make yourself look like a total moron at the same time. ><

If you're willing to put a little effort into something it will be easy. Find out what he's into (Music & Bands, Working out, cars, motor cycles, fishing, etc...) then learn a little about it (so you can talk a bit). Then ask him about it, most likely he'll lead the conversation from there and the little you learned will help him carry the conversation.

Don't work too hard though, if you two can't talk then it just wasn't meant to be....

Too bad you're filtered old men, I had a good Dead Baby joke for you....lol

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:02 PM
These are actual quotes taken from Federal Government employee performance evaluations.

Sadly, probably 98% of them are still in their jobs:

1. "Since my last report, this employee has reached rock bottom and has started to dig."
2. "I would not allow this employee to breed."
3. "This employee is really not so much of a 'has-been', but more of a definite 'won't be.'"
4. "Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap."
5. "When he opens his mouth, it seems that it is only to change feet."
6. "This young lady had delusions of adequacy."
7. "He sets low personal standards and the consistently fails to achieve them."
8. "This employee is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot."
9. "This employee should go far, and the sooner he starts the better."
10. "Got a full six pack, but lacks the plastic thingy to hold it all together."
11. "A gross ignoramus. 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus."
12. "He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a distributor."
13. "I would like to go hunting with him sometime."
14. "He's been working with glue too much."
15. "He would argue with a signpost."
16. "He brings a lot of joy whenever he leaves the room."
17. "When his IQ reaches 50, he should sell."
18. "If you see two people talking and one looks bored, he's the other one."
19. "A photographic memory but with the lens cover glued on."
20. "A prime candidate for natural de-selection."
21. "Donated his brain to science before he was done using it."
22. "Gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isnʼt coming."
23. "He's got two brain cells, one is lost and the other is out looking for it."
24. "If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week."
25. "If you give him a penny for his thoughts, you'd get change."
26. "If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean."
27. "It's hard to believe he beat out 1,000,000 other sperm."
28. "One neuron short of a synapse."
29. "Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; he only gargled."
30. "Takes him two hours to watch '60 Minutes.'"
31. "The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 03:44 PM
30. Oh I just couldn't, she's only sixteen.

29. I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.

28. Duct tape won't fix that.

27. Come to think of it, I'll have a Heineken.

26. We don't keep firearms in this house.

25. You can't feed that to the dog.

24. No kids in the back of the pickup, it's just not safe.

23. Wrestling is fake.

22. We're vegetarians.

21. Do you think my gut is too big?

20. I'll have grapefruit and grapes instead of biscuits and gravy.

19. Honey, we don't need another dog.

18. Who gives a damn who won the Civil War?

17. Give me the small bag of pork rinds.

16. Too many deer heads detract from the decor.

15. I just couldn't find a thing at the gun store today.

14. Trim the fat off that steak.

13. Capp uccino tastes better than espresso.

12. The tires on that truck are too big.

11. I've got it all on the C: DRIVE.

10. Unsweetened tea tastes better.

09. My finance, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany's.

08. I've got two cases of Zima for the Super Bowl.

07. Checkmate

06. She's too young to be wearing a bikini.

05. Hey, here's an episode of 'Hee Haw' that we haven't seen.

04. I don't have a favorite college team.

03. You Guys.

02. Those shorts ought to be a little longer, Betty Mae.

AND THE NUMBER ONE THING THAT YOU WILL NEVER HEAR A SOUTHERN BOY SAY:

01. Nope, no more for me. I'm drivin' !

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 03:40 PM
Man robs a bank and takes hostages.
He asks the first hostage if he saw him rob the bank.
Hostage answers yes.
Robber shoots him in the head.
Asks second hostage if he saw him rob the bank.
Hostage answers no, but my wife did.

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 02:53 PM
If you're a gamer, this is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRjWnIQlJlg

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 01:38 PM
LoL...Yeah, but can you just imagine what we could do with our issues and literally Billions to play with...lmao

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 01:31 PM

The Batman voice. God why does it have to be so horrible!?

Part of the theatrics explained in Batman Begins. He's building a persona and image because he's trying to present himself as more than a person to combat crime....

Oh ok, i didn't see that one yet because i heard it was pretty slow as well. And I already know how batman becomes batman, so unless theres something new i'll prolly skip it O_O

Personally I liked Batman begins story better. These two movies explain a lot about how Batman becomes batman, with all the pain and misery in his life (parents killed by the Mob, His childhood GF also being killed and the drive to learn how to exact real revenge). Instead of just accepting that some weirdo's running around doing all this sh*t for no reason in particular

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 01:21 PM

The Batman voice. God why does it have to be so horrible!?

Part of the theatrics explained in Batman Begins. He's building a persona and image because he's trying to present himself as more than a person to combat crime....

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 01:15 PM
After my last relationship, I kinda welcome it....

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 01:14 PM

Yeah I admit it. I used to think texting was retarded...until I got it. Now, I use it more than I talk on the phone itself. But at least I am safe about it. Now driving down the street at 65MPH texting...during rush hour!noway laugh

Yes, I have seen this happen and nowadays people are texting more and more. And in all honesty, it is becoming a problem as people text while driving. Not good.

LoL...I've texted while driving 100mph on the way to Havasu AZ: but it was 2AM and no other cars were around....

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 01:11 PM
<----- I dream about the day I can wear the Donald Trump comb over laugh

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 01:09 PM

I want a mail order man.laugh

Send some stamps :wink:

Sluggo's photo
Sun 07/27/08 01:00 PM
New update.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25873568/

LOS ANGELES - Batman buried his rivals at the North American box office for a second weekend on Sunday, racing past $300 million in a record 10 days.

The Caped Crusader’s blockbuster outing, “The Dark Knight,” sold an estimated $75.6 million worth of tickets during the three days beginning Friday, taking its total to $314.2 million, distributor Warner Bros. Pictures said.

A week after it scored a record-breaking $158 million opening, “The Dark Knight” added a new title to its impressive list of superlatives: the best second weekend, surpassing the holiday-boosted $72 million haul of 2004’s “Shrek 2.”

The $180 million movie, which stars Christian Bale as Batman and late actor Heath Ledger as the anarchic Joker, has reportedly been drawing strong repeat business, and also has piqued the interest of people who avoid superhero flicks or rarely go to the movies at all.

“The Dark Knight” now ranks as the second-biggest movie of the year, just behind the $315 million haul of “Iron Man,” and the 23rd-biggest of all time.

The previous speed record for a $300 million film was 16 days set by “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest” in 2006. The next target is $400 million, which took “Shrek 2” 43 days to reach. Warner Bros. distribution president Dan Fellman predicted “The Dark Knight” would take just 18 days to reach that milestone.

“Where we go from there, it’s uncharted waters,” Fellman said.

The last movie to break $400 million was the 2006 “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie, which ranks No. 6 on the all-time list with $423 million. The 1997 epic “Titanic” leads the field with $601 million.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25