Community > Posts By > Mark

Mark's photo
Mon 09/27/21 05:17 PM

Quasars are always associated with supermassive Black Holes at the center's of most Galaxies, not all supermassive's have one, and the theory goes that they happen when the central Black Hole is "feeding".

When enough material is falling into that Black hole, and it's outside the Event Horizon where gravity's still too weak to compress it inward, there's then too much congestion to allow it all to fall inward, that material is then "burped" outward.

This is where the "mystery" lies, it seems physicists don't understand why those ejections occur at the poles, the Galactic axis.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but no Black Hole will have a perfectly round Singularity, solely for the fact that time inside a Black Hole comes to a virtual standstill - this means the actual Singularity is disc-shaped, the majority of the Singularity's mass is at it's equator, slowly falling inward from the outer accretion disk.

In other words, a Black Hole's weakest gravitational point will be at it's axis, where the least material is falling inward inside the Event Horizon.

It's obvious to me, that's why Quasars eject at the Galactic axis.

Curious if anyone, specifically anyone who works this field, has any thoughts?

Hi Mark
waving
I recall discussing my thoughts on "Black" "Holes" on a previous thread.
http://mingle2.com/topic/589961
You might find what I wrote interesting?

A "Black Hole" is neither black or a hole.

Consider what we understand about star formation.

On a different thread I also commented
http://mingle2.com/topic/587684

And again on a different thread
http://mingle2.com/topic/539685

As material is pulled onto the singularity it strikes the singularity unevenly around the center (Equator) of the mass. This causes the singularity to spin (Just like the Sun and the Earth spin from their accretion). The Poles of the singularity have less active mass accretion compared to its equator. Thus, the high gamma radiation is expelled from its poles as jets (Just like the Earth's magnetosphere is pole to pole). This high emission of radiation is so forceful it sends the radiation out into space as long detectable jets. The jets are longer or shorter determined from the amount of mass being collected. A singularity that is gathering less mass has jets that are being redirected back onto the singularity before it can escape the event horizon.

Hi Tom, it's easy to see why you were missed when you were out ill....

My premise does not debate the existence of Black holes, worm holes or white holes, but only proposes a theory on why Quazar jets expel from galactic axis's of Sumpermassive's.

Mark's photo
Mon 09/27/21 04:38 PM
Edited by Mark on Mon 09/27/21 04:39 PM
<oops>

Mark's photo
Mon 09/27/21 04:34 PM
Edited by Mark on Mon 09/27/21 04:41 PM

I can recommend a very interesting documentary series with Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey" :)

While I like NDT and his version of Cosmos, Dr Sagan's Cosmos really inspired me to find out more about science. I also bought and read Pale Blue Dot which was wonderful.
I remember a kiosk at the planetarium in the St Louis Science Cente had a short video playing Powers of Ten. I liked how it went small and large.
Just recently I found an kinda/sorta video on youtube by Metal Ball Studios which looked at a similar journey.
:star:UNIVERSE Size COMPARISON :star: [EVERYTHING]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrRPg0pH9xc
What was interesting is the fact it starts at Quantum Foam/Planck Length.

They also do...
BLACK HOLE in perspective :milky_way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw19Z1xkzJ4

and

STARS Dimensions | MetaBallStudios
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBkNhMfrxuk

I happen to be a big fan of NDT, if only for his connection to Sagan's legacy...

If you hadn't heard NDT's story of meeting Sagan I strongly suggest so, Sagan "took him under his wing", the story is very touching, inspiring. I leave you to google it, look for Neil himself telling it in his own words.

As for your upper post, regarding Worm-holes, I recently posted a thread on faster than light, relating to the fact that intergalactic space is spreading at FTL speeds...in fact, 95% of the visible universe is spreading away from us that fast.

This would then yield "evidence" to the Einstein–Rosen bridge theory of worm holes, only in the fact that we now know space is actually spreading ftl without affecting the matter around it means if space/time can actually be stretched, it can be compressed, "folded", bypassed...

Mark's photo
Mon 09/27/21 04:20 PM
Over the past weekend, I found occasion to walk into a convenience store at 1am, my time, and ask for mini Twix and...French fries.

So, yes I got a strange look, but really, Twix and French fries, please stock those. sir.

Mark's photo
Mon 09/27/21 02:39 PM
Hoping we get some good news at the 9:30, smiling like a goofball and waiting for our 7p/5a usual time, thinking ahead, making plans - sustain.:heart:

Mark's photo
Mon 09/27/21 01:19 AM
Thinking she's under the weather, wishing I were there to maybe make some soup/crackers.

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 10:53 PM

You bring out the best in me, Mark. laugh

LOL, sure, that's it!

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 10:44 PM
Speaking of, new Matrix coming out, I'm psyched!

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 05:31 PM
Edited by Mark on Sun 09/26/21 05:32 PM
Acknowledged a while back, that just because 99 of 100 = "wrong", doesn't mean the effort to find that "1" isn't worthwhile.

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 05:19 PM
LMAO, thanks!

Happy!

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 05:16 PM
Naturally beautiful

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 05:10 PM
Edited by Mark on Sun 09/26/21 05:14 PM
Mike,
I've had the same idea, that, in fact, the inner universe has begun to retract more quickly, another idea I had is that maybe light itself has a shelf life that causes the red shifting further back in time/distance as that light decays...

For all intents and purposes, I'm sticking with consensus on this one, just for now, the notion that space can be manipulated is insanely entertaining.

BTW, thanks for replying, very interesting response.

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 05:02 PM
Pretty and smart!

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 03:53 PM

Quasars are always associated with supermassive Black Holes at the center's of most Galaxies, not all supermassive's have one, and the theory goes that they happen when the central Black Hole is "feeding".

When enough material is falling into that Black hole, and it's outside the Event Horizon where gravity's still too weak to compress it inward, there's then too much congestion to allow it all to fall inward, that material is then "burped" outward.

This is where the "mystery" lies, it seems physicists don't understand why those ejections occur at the poles, the Galactic axis.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but no Black Hole will have a perfectly round Singularity, solely for the fact that time inside a Black Hole comes to a virtual standstill - this means the actual Singularity is disc-shaped, the majority of the Singularity's mass is at it's equator, slowly falling inward from the outer accretion disk.

In other words, a Black Hole's weakest gravitational point will be at it's axis, where the least material is falling inward inside the Event Horizon.

It's obvious to me, that's why Quasars eject at the Galactic axis.

Curious if anyone, specifically anyone who works this field, has any thoughts?

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 03:11 PM

Here goes, my inner geek...

I LOVE physics, Science and STEM in general, when I learn something new, I need to link it to a pragmatic usefulness for real life application.

Over the last two decades, Hubble era telecopy has yielded a startling revelation in astrophysics, that 95% of the observable universe is speeding away from us faster than the speed of light.

According to Einstein, this is NOT possible, matter cannot exceed light speed, so physicist have concluded that space itself can "stretch" in excess of light speed without "jostling" the matter around it.

How is this useful in a pragmatic sense?...This proves that space can be expanded and contracted faster than light, which now opens the door to real faster than light space travel.

Think, Star Trek, Warp drive....Roddenberry may have been right!

Last, if you're like me and thinking "the amount of energy required will make it impossible" - Consider that X-rays usually only occur naturally through Black Holes, Quasars or Supernovae, and yet, we have X ray machines sitting in millions of Doctors offices all over the world....

- Beam me up, Scotty!

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 02:38 PM
Freaking amazing!

.um....Mike!

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 02:27 PM
Matching Woobie pants, spooning, watching something that makes us talk.

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 02:17 PM
Edited by Mark on Sun 09/26/21 02:18 PM

I'd be amazed (or maybe worried) if anyone ever wanted to go on a date with me......I don't have the problem of how or if people tell me they don't want a second date, as I've never got that far!l

I'd like to see you succeed, that won't start until you rewrite your profile, you're openly advertising projected failure, start by changing your outlook, stop projecting failure and keep an open mind to the possibility of success.

Put something positive on your profile, at the very least you're telling any potential prospects that you're "not worth" the time...

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 02:06 PM
We love that we're the subject of this thread, it's very flattering, also, we have a lot of laughs at Slim and Mike's antics.

You two keep this forum alive!

Mark's photo
Sun 09/26/21 01:56 PM

Reactions coming soon!!!!

no reaction whatsoever, you have your answer. He likes Bonnie obviously, we've never even spoken.tongue2

I bet he's buying an :apple: now.bigsmile

I most certainly am doing the :apple: thing, and we talk about you guys, we're rooting you each of you!

We also plan to stick around, this forum has a special place with us, hoping each of you does as well.

Mike, Slim and their silly antics, we love 'em!